Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Nairaland Says No To Secessionists - Politics (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists (669117 Views)

Senator Shehu Sani Has A Question For Secessionists? / To All Secessionists: Give Me PROOF That A Broken Nigeria Is Better / Nigerian Secessionists Greet Trump As Help Against Muslim North- Reuters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (157) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Tech724(m): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2021
Are you experiencing difficulty's in watching your favorite TV movies, series, documentary's and or channel; or you want to upgrade to affordable, better satellite decoder and or have multiple viewing point.

Kindly contact Auth technical Services via 08159229130 for the installation, maintenance and repairs of DSTV, GOTV, MYTV, KWESE, STARTIMES and Free To Air 'FTA' with multiple channels.

We can assist in resolving no signal, faulty connection and other prevailing issues with your decoder; and our services cut across Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Topgranite4all: 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
Top Granite 4 all Season

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Traplord09: 7:24pm On Oct 16, 2021
The Nigeria–Biafra war that raged between 1967 and 1970 made headlines around the world, above all for the major famine in the secessionist enclave of Biafra, and prompted a major international relief. It was a genuinely global event. Yet by the late 1970s
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Traplord09: 7:30pm On Oct 16, 2021
After the 1966 massacres, allegations of genocide against federal Nigeria—in particular casting Muslims as ‘savages’—became the core of secessionist propaganda. Biafra's campaign aimed at its own population and at possible allies abroad. The Biafran leadership was confronted with the task of uniting the heterogeneous peoples of the secessionist state:
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Iliveforever(m): 10:57am On Oct 21, 2021
Is the unity of Nigeria still non-negotiable??
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Apst: 4:31am On Oct 24, 2021
Very useless rule from a useless so-called founder. So us mentality is to gag everything just as ur chain master bubu is doing. Nonsense ur children and generation won't know freedom if u know for this seed u are sowing they will reap. How stop someone from expressing his/herself? Even God gave us freedom of choice. If some of u were god u will wake up one morning and say all who don't believe in me leave my planet. All the religions I av never heard such

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by KINGS100(m): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).

NOT THE BEST MOVE SIR, OGA SEUN, THIS IS BECOMING A DICTATORSHIP REGIME. LEARN TO RESPECT PEOPLES RIGHT TO SELF DETERMINATION.

DEPRIVATION OF PEOPLES RIGHT IS THE DUMBEST FORM OF LOVE THAT EVER EXIST, IT'S AT BEST HATRED.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by paltielx: 9:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
Succession can never bring solutions to our problems, it will definitely cause more problems

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Kapeban: 8:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
Barrywhyte1:
A message to all teeming Nigerian Youths.
You, yes you; The reader who's looking at this piece from a fellow pained Nigerian.
I know Nigeria celebrating her 61st independence is of little importance and is laughable at best to the average Nigerian youth of our time, not our business anyways, right. We've lost hope for the future of our nation, we hold little concern for the embodiment of the "Nigerian Dream".. not entirely sure we even had any to start with though....u
But this is a commentary to buttress the point that we have shown beyond any reasonable doubt that with our intellectual capacity and togetherness Android a little bit of tinkering here and there, this our burgeoning new generation can succeed where the preceding generations have failed.
What makes me sure someone may ask, well our story speaks for itself:

We were betrayed by the system that was meant to cater for us. As Kids, those we thought knew better than us told us not to step into the night as it held terrors far beyond our comprehension. so what did we do, we caved in of course and stayed indoors to satisfy their need to stay in control over us, But still the "ugly ones" found their way to us, didn't they?
We were told that that good always came out top against bad, and hard-work will in turn fetch us the sustainability we needed, What a beautiful lie that was. Our present situation as a nation says is the direct opposite of that idealogy. We were led to the abyss by those we gave authority to protect us. We had to grow far beyond our years and fend for ourselves, even in the midst of our travails, our efforts were still met with stiff persecution.
But kudos to us. That didn't stop us from still trying and devising means to show them that their oppression was only going to breed resilience in us. Even with our heads beneath the crushing heels of their boots of oppression, our voices were still louder than ever, it's cries went far beyond the seas, oceans gave way to the tides it came with. It was coming from a place of stifling hurt of a promising but yet undermined generation.
But what had the Bigmanist rule done, they've painted us as the black sheep and worst we were made into weapons of their wars, against one another. Even going as far as shoving their archetypal delusions down our throats as candour. No more we say, no more.

We have come to learn not by choice but by virtue of the realities of our time that power stands above all in the quest for control, and those who don't have the right access needed not bother.
We have come to learn that certain People have a more advantageous leverage over others not for the sake of productivity but to continue a continuous case of giving to the Unchecked powers.
But that is just one of the vestiges borne out of the past generation's flaws which have in turn spilled over an then affecting the raw potential that we hold.
I still remember the little boy who had such high hopes and dreams of his self thought out "Nigerian Dream". He really thought he and like-minded people could push through the laid down norms and break bounds that would redefine the capability of a black nation. Somewhere along the line, he must have lost his way, because I don't seem to see him around anymore.
Was it the harsh reality of the world around him? Probably the decadence around him must have promptly made it evident that he only had just about a room for one person's projection to greater heights; Himself.
That is a perfect example of what how our nation has turned us into self preservative beings, A nation breeding a transactional society that only gives something with the idea of getting something in return. No love or empathy for one another.
As a nation we preach and hold morals like it's really a thing that's prevalent in our society. For all the preaching and chattering, it's best termed a facade to just cover the real ingrowing truth, breeding of corruption is now the order of the day, and it isn't even seen as wrong again, because the Drivers made it so.
But alas, we are stronger than the hurdle that is before us. The dream of little boy simply cannot go to waste.
We must harness the underlying potential of that story to make a reality. Let us for the sake of our nation's clairvoyant beliefs know that we were born for this time and place and are equipped specifically for the restoration of our Nation's potential using every resource available to us.
Nigeria cannot keep sweeping the streets she's supposed to own because the empire we think we have are only built on pillars of salt and sand.
Let's come together like never seen before and show our collective strength to making this 61st anniversary the benchmark for his Nigerian Dream;
A Nigeria where the productivity of a younger generation is viewed as a testament to a nation's growth
A Nigeria where we're all proud of our Nigerian identity as one.
A Nigeria where productivity holds more importance than Geography.
Let's remember that Nigeria's future is ours to write, the keys are in our hands and we mustn't fail to realise that.
It's a tough ask for you to believe once more in a neglected dream. But what can I Say, The little boy is fast becoming a man but he still realises that his dream wasn't all that he thought it would be, but it is something worth fighting for.

Thank you very much for your time.
Emmanuel Adinoyi Omuya

This Commentary is dedicated to the heroes who stood for the fight of our nation's pride even when they were betrayed by the ones sworn to protect them.
20:10:20 heroes, never forget the true heroes of the quest for the Nigerian Dream. 08084932248
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by PARADIZEPRIEST: 1:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
OFFER SOLUTION TO EACH NAIJA PROBLEMS,STOP COMPLAINING, STOP LISTENING TO SESSIONIST MADNESS,THEY ALL WORKS OF LOOTERS angry

PROBLEMS OF NAIJA= SOLUTIONS TO NAIJA PROBLEMS:
RIGGING ELECTIONS= YOUTHS MUST STOP BEING USED TO RIG ELECTIONS AND PUNISH RIGGERS
CORRUPTION = YOUTHS MUST START USING SOCIAL MEDIA POSITIVELY TO CHALLENGE CORRUPT REPRESENTIVES IN NASS AND STATEAS
LOW MENTALITY = YOUTH SHOULD USE INTERNET FOR LEARNING AND SELF DEVELOPMENT
YAHOO/DRUGS CRIME =YOUTH SHOULD DEPEND ON HASSLES TO MAKE IT IN LIFE AND STOP GLAMORIZING DARK MONEY FROM PIT OF
RITUALS AND EVIL WORKS. angry
AS FAR AS YOU ARE ON THIS LAND CALLED NAIJA,WHAT YOU GIVE IS WHAT YOU GET,WHETHER GOOD OR EVIL. angry
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by BorderlessTrade(m): 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2021
Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Nairaland loves Igbos and Niger Deltans very much. The thought of being separated from them for any reason is unbearable to us, so we have decided that we will reject any attempt by anyone to use Nairaland to promote the idea of removing Igbos and Niger Deltans from Nigeria.

We have updated rule 9 of Nairaland to reflect this decision. It now says:

I'd like to urge all Nairaland members to respect and obey rule 9. Mynd44 is in charge of enforcing it. If you break this rule, you'll be banned.

Thanks,
Seun (Founder Of Nairaland).

The idea of breaking up Nigeria will most likely lead to another civil war. I don't want to live like a refugee although I can survive anywhere in the world as long as there's internet. However, there are friends and relatives to think about. Those pushing for this idea should take a good look at Syria, Yemen, Libya, and Somalia. They'll understand a disunited Nigeria is far better than any civil war.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by em7even(m): 6:40am On Oct 31, 2021
Correct guy. grin
How will I now be an immigrant in Nigeria? angryImpossicant! Even Phyno won't agree to leave Olamide and come to Biafra...

Threads that promote one Nigeria should thrive on our homepage, not otherwise.
Some people are getting it twisted already, feel free to promote your tribe _ I think the problem here is doing it at the detriment of national unity.

Why are some people pained, if it pains you too much_open your own forum...Seun is a NIGERIAN, you don't expect him to promote anything that threatens his country's unity!
Haba!

#TeamOneNigeria
*continues chatting with Yoruba boyfriend* lols tongue
If you have to campaign for Nigeria's unity this much, that means there is something wrong with that "unity". But of course, you chose not to see it, like your fathers and probably your leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by Ecoscience: 3:00am On Nov 08, 2021
PresVA:
Thought you said people are solely responsible for whatever they post? undecided

Meanyl, enough posts will be hidden today grin grin

As in eh, I can't relate, guess today's government have paid them to silence Igbos.

Anyway, make I continue to solve people's problem on Bedbug,

Check up my answer to "Can bed bugs be something to live with since it's hard to fix a problem?" https://www.quora.com/Can-bed-bugs-be-something-to-live-with-since-its-hard-to-fix-a-problem/answer/ECOSCIENCE?ch=15&oid=318842427&share=8c9cc218&srid=uHFyS5&target_type=answer

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mediainc: 11:27pm On Nov 13, 2021
I still see all these enemies of Nigeria everywhere in nairaland.

Nairaland enforce this rule, they want to use Nairaland to plunge Nigeria into war.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mediainc: 11:28pm On Nov 13, 2021
BorderlessTrade:

The idea of breaking up Nigeria will most likely lead to another civil war. I don't want to live like a refugee although I can survive anywhere in the world as long as there's internet. However, there are friends and relatives to think about. Those pushing for this idea should take a good look at Syria, Yemen, Libya, and Somalia. They'll understand a disunited Nigeria is far better than any civil war.
True talk, the dummies are too ignorant to understand this fact. Save them from themselves.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mediainc: 11:30pm On Nov 13, 2021
HenryDion:
Dear Seun,

I think it's time you review your stance about secession.

As a digital platform, it is unethical to take a public stance, e.i. taking a side and knowing fully well that your audience belongs to both sides.

Platforms and businesses are not to take a political stance, but to remain neutral and objective in all their dealings.

Your platform is a separate entity from you as the founder, which means your background shouldn't influence its operation, but rather a vision for improved user experience.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Every platform has its rules, Facebook has its, twitter has its...go start your own forum, this is for Nigerians... secessionists are not Nigerians, go to your own forum.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mediainc: 11:32pm On Nov 13, 2021
Seun stop joining Niger Delta and Biafra, edit your post please. Biafra is on its own, Delta is on its own.

Seun please take note.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by jaxxy(m): 10:30am On Nov 14, 2021
warrior01:
You go ban tire na. So what happens to freedom of expression and beliefs? So Yorubas are free to aspire and promote their Odua beliefs and Hausas, Arewa but Igbos of course are to be banned to talk or aspire for their beliefs in Biafra. Highly disappointed in you Seun.

What stops you from coming up with a superior argument why they should remain in Nigeria? Why are you so scared to discuss Biafra? Must we all have the same line of thoughts or intellectual discourse? I reject being or tagged a zombie where a fellow man will dictate what I discuss.

What seun should have said is unlawful or violent succession.

Saying people don’t have a Democratic right to secession even when they are bruised and battered is a barbaric thing and against their human rights.

They have right to ask for self determination. How they go about it is the question of concern.

Nobody wants division bt how do u create unity??

Masta01:
Good move

Bleep segregation tongue

Did NL exist in 1963? It makes very little difference in the real scheme of things if any people really want it.

If u want unity u will foster it. It can’t be forced.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mediainc: 11:14am On Nov 15, 2021
jaxxy:

What seun should have said is unlawful or violent succession.

Saying people don’t have a Democratic right to secession even when they are bruised and battered is a barbaric thing and against their human rights.

They have right to ask for self determination. How they go about it is the question of concern.

Nobody wants division bt how do u create unity??

Did NL exist in 1963? It makes very little difference in the real scheme of things if any people really want it.

If u want unity u will foster it. It can’t be forced.
Noone is begging for unity...do what you like. If you commit crimes or kill, you will be killed. Life is free. You people keep saying begging for unity, nobody send you...fight your fight, nobody even likes you, we all saw ourselves in this geographical space, no one invited each other. Stop saying people are begging for unity, It's the British you will tell that to.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by jaxxy(m): 11:23am On Nov 15, 2021
mediainc:

Noone is begging for unity...do what you like. If you commit crimes or kill, you will be killed. Life is free. You people keep saying begging for unity, nobody send you...fight your fight, nobody even likes you, we all saw ourselves in this geographical space, no one invited each other. Stop saying people are begging for unity, It's the British you will tell that to.

What British? The rights to secession are very clear. If they what it they will fight for it lawfully and achieve it. It is a straightforward process and very achievable by the right means.

Beg or no beg nobody cares.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mediainc: 11:31am On Nov 15, 2021
jaxxy:

What British? The rights to secession are very clear. If they what it they will fight for it lawfully and achieve it. It is a straightforward process and very achievable by the right means.

Beg or no beg nobody cares.
You people take yourself too serious. You expect others to help you with your referendum?

You guys are jokers. Stop disturbing others because of your personal problem. Go to UN with your referendum. No one even likes you...stop thinking people send you. We all were living our seperate lives regionally...South, East, North, West, it's the British that merged us, take your grievance to them.

I have friends all over North, South, East, West...but everyone feeds himself, so why think people care about you so much?
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by jaxxy(m): 11:41am On Nov 15, 2021
mediainc:

You people take yourself too serious. You expect others to help you with your referendum?

You guys are jokers. Stop disturbing others because of your personal problem. Go to UN with your referendum. No one even likes you...stop thinking people send you. We all were living our seperate lives regionally...South, East, North, West, it's the British that merged us, take your grievance to them.

1st off I’m not in support or against Biafra. I am advocating a sane Nigeria. Bt if a sane Nigeria cannot be achieved then left people have their Biafra by every lawful means possible.

I have frnds from all regions, I have family from 2 distinct regions so I’m not a bigot. I’m only looking for peace and prosperity.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mediainc: 11:47am On Nov 15, 2021
jaxxy:

1st off I’m not in support or against Biafra. I am advocating a sane Nigeria. Bt if a sane Nigeria cannot be achieved then left people have their Biafra by every lawful means possible.

I have frnds from all regions, I have family from 2 distinct regions so I’m not a bigot. I’m only looking for peace and prosperity.
Nobody is holding anyone, there are procedures to leaving a union, go ask the British, but if you want to kill, destroy, bomb to achieve this, the Nigerian nation via his army will not fold it's arms and watch.

It's not the job of the President to give you your referendum or nation...it's on you and members of your state parliament.

Nigerian military and Nigerians are only responding to the security threats. Your secession is not our business, but if you bring violence you get war.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by jaxxy(m): 11:55am On Nov 15, 2021
mediainc:

Nobody is holding anyone, there are procedures to leaving a union, go ask the British, but if you want to kill, destroy, bomb to achieve this, the Nigerian nation via his army will not fold it's arms and watch.

It's not the job of the President to give you your referendum or nation...it's on you and members of your state parliament.

Nigerian military and Nigerians are only responding to the security threats. Your secession is not our business, but if you bring violence you get war.

U are repeating urself, I’m sure both Biafra and Yoruba nation agitators know the law and rights on secession and how to go about it. Thanks for concern.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mediainc: 11:57am On Nov 15, 2021
jaxxy:

U are repeating urself, I’m sure both Biafra and Yoruba nation agitators know the law and rights on secession and how to go about it. Thanks for concern.
Those that bring violence want to die, they will be killed, since they know the procedure they should use it., that procedure does not include threatening the state and cursing all Nigerians.

No one gives a Bleep about anybody.

Stop saying "they should allow them"

Allow them keep killing innocent Nigerians?

Everyone can never be a coward, I rather kill my enemies than live in fear.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mediainc: 12:13pm On Nov 15, 2021
One Nigeria is better and stronger for us all, we are 220million strong, who can defeat us together?

We stand to gain from the vast market as a unit, and we retain our place as giants in the black race.

Bleep secessionists, they are myopic self serving clowns.
Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by jaxxy(m): 12:42pm On Nov 15, 2021
mediainc:

Those that bring violence want to die, they will be killed, since they know the procedure they should use it., that procedure does not include threatening the state and cursing all Nigerians.

No one gives a Bleep about anybody.

Stop saying "they should allow them"

Allow them keep killing innocent Nigerians?

Everyone can never be a coward, I rather kill my enemies than live in fear.

Bandits and bokoharam killing innocents Nigerians u haven’t opened ur mouth to say anything like a coward bt peaceful Nigerians stating their human rights u are here making noise?

Who cares what’s u think. Did u here me say violence? Abeg face front.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Says No To Secessionists by mediainc: 12:45pm On Nov 15, 2021
jaxxy:

Bandits and bokoharam killing innocents Nigerians u haven’t opened ur mouth to say anything like a coward bt peaceful Nigerians stating their human rights u are here making noise?

Who cares what’s u think. Did u here me say violence? Abeg face front.
Go and become a terrorist because bandits and bokoharam are there. Only a fool will engage a dumb zombie like you. Go to YouTube, type bandits and see how they are being killed. If you join too, you will be killed, nothing makes you special.

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (157)

Kenyans Are Far Behind Nigerians In Every Aspect – Fani-Kayode / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. / Enugu, The Pride Of The East.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.