Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,743 members, 7,820,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl (1611 Views)

The shy Evangelist whose mum helped in proposing to his Ghana bride (photos) / OMG: Pictures Of A Nigerian Girl Proposing To Her Boyfriend / Picture Of A Girl On Her Knees Proposing To A Guy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by pepperyboy: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2009
i really want it to be special and unique. was thinking of putting the ring in icecream and letting her discover it but wat of if she swallows it and, or kneelin down in d midst of a large crowd, pls ladies and guys wats your take on this
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by biola44: 8:35am On Jun 03, 2009
lol, i'll be back! wink
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by whitelexi(m): 8:39am On Jun 03, 2009
pepperyboy:

i really want it to be special and unique. was thinking of putting the ring in icecream and letting her discover it but wat of if she swallows it and, or kneelin down in d midst of a large crowd, pls ladies and guys wats your take on this

Make sure she's using a straw!
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by dae(f): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2009
~ go to the cinema to see a movie. Arrange in advance that at the end, a large slide saying 'Will you marry me?' with your names in front of the whole audience. The applause at the end of the movie will be something special

~ Depending on where you are, you can hang out with some friends, then on a paper spell out W-I-L-L- U M-A-R-R-Y M-E, then ask some kids around or friends to hold those papers while u're on your knees.

~ Go to your favourite restaurant, order food, then dessert, cake preferably with will u marry me written on top of it with icing.
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by dae(f): 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2009
whitelexi:

Make sure she's using a straw!
Just curious, so people actually use straws for icecream? 
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by sistawoman: 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2009
Man just take her to dinner, get on one knee and ask her to be your wife.  Promise to always be true to her and to love her even when her hairs turn white and she has a diaper on.  Promise to love her in this lifetime and the next.
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by whitelexi(m): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2009
dae:

There's the special ice-cream straw - made of wafer
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by whitelexi(m): 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2009
If she's a naija woman, wear her the ring when she's fast asleep, leave a note by her bedside asking her to return it if her answer is NO!
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by Pataki: 2:47pm On Jun 03, 2009
dae:

LOL!!!! grin cheesy grin

dae:

~ go to the cinema to see a movie. Arrange in advance that at the end, a large slide saying 'Will you marry me?' with your names in front of the whole audience. The applause at the end of the movie will be something special

~ Depending on where you are, you can hang out with some friends, then on a paper spell out W-I-L-L-   U   M-A-R-R-Y    M-E, then ask some kids around or friends to hold those papers while u're on your knees.

~ Go to your favourite restaurant, order food, then dessert, cake preferably with will u marry me written on top of it with icing.
You have been living in fantasy island well well. grin

@ topic,

Buy her a splendid car with customized plate no: ''Will You Marry Me?''
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by StellaN3(f): 2:49pm On Jun 03, 2009
lol is this another stlye of giving a ring? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
if she did not use strol she will swallow the ring oooooooo
and that will be another problem
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by dae(f): 2:51pm On Jun 03, 2009
Pataki:

LOL!!!! grin cheesy grin
You have been living in fantasy island well well. grin

LOL, Is that not how u proposed to me? and the other 2 wives in ajegunle and okokomaiko? stop frontin' o!
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by dae(f): 2:52pm On Jun 03, 2009
Stella N:

lol is this another stlye of giving a ring? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
if she did not use strol she will swallow the ring oooooooo
and that will be another problem
but aunty, is using a "strol" grin possible for icecream?
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by Pataki: 2:54pm On Jun 03, 2009
dae:

LOL, Is that not how u proposed to me? and the other 2 wives in ajegunle and okokomaiko? stop frontin' o!
You must have been mixing me with your Agege tout boyfriend who keeps buying those 20 Naira dunlop slippers for you. grin

You know you are the only woman in my life now, and no one else. tongue So tell everyone, how I proposed to you. lol
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by StellaN3(f): 3:01pm On Jun 03, 2009
lols dae she can use it if spoon is not
available grin grin grin grin grin grin my prayer is that she should not swallo
the ring lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by dae(f): 3:10pm On Jun 03, 2009
Pataki:

You must have been mixing me with your Agege tout boyfriend who keeps buying those 20 Naira dunlop slippers for you. grin

Shhhhhh, that dont mean that you should open the hens yansh na!! at least, the slippers lasted 15years, when it cut, i took it to shoe-maker who pimped it up for me, i now rock some solid dunlop slippers oh! its even painted with gucci logo!

You know you are the only woman in my life now, and no one else. tongue So tell everyone, how I proposed to you. lol

Nah, das not true. Your fada married those 2 other tooth-pick legged wives for you, after i had 21 shildren for you! and as for the proposal, i was pooping and asked ur cheap ass to bring tissue paper for me, u went and brought newspaper,well, i managed and used the paper, then das how the ring scratched my baby-like buttocks! now it's scarred from your cheap-assness!!
  grin
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by dae(f): 3:12pm On Jun 03, 2009
Stella N:

lols dae she can use it if spoon is not
available grin grin grin grin grin grin my prayer is that she should not swallo
the ring lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Very Interesting grin using straw for icecream, hmmmmm, anyways, but if she swallows it, she can poop it out na!
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by Ournaija: 3:17pm On Jun 03, 2009
@pepper boy

Add pepper to the ice cream to make it unique. I`m sure she will never forget how she was proposed.
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by Pataki: 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2009
dae, you are a very razzz girl. You are still using those nasty looking dunlop slippers. Let me upgrade you to flip flops. See you claiming ajebo, when we know it is water and hand you use to ''tumba''.  grin Tissue ko, paper ni.

@ topic,

Give her a special delivery from DHL. Package it like as if she is about to unwrap gold, only to find the ring and a message from you announcing your proposal!
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by Sasha009(f): 3:28pm On Jun 03, 2009
I have to admit this post made me crack up in laughter, wtf grin
OP, why would you assume she will swallow a whole ring if you put it in an icecream? Dont people swirl icecream in their mouth before swallowing? i think she will detect it
No, i dont think people use straws for ice cream, its not a friggin coke undecided
But thanks for the laughs, they re all funny replies.

OP, take her to an expensive, fancy, classy restaurant for dinner, make it very romantic, get down on your knees and ask her. she will be blown away. make sure she aint drunk before you ask her.
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by dae(f): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2009
Pataki:

dae, you are a very razzz girl. You are still using those nasty looking dunlop slippers. Let me upgrade you to flip flops. See you claiming ajebo, when we know it is water and hand you use to ''tumba''.  grin Tissue ko, paper ni.
dude, dont disrespect  my dunlop mehhn, they can buy 1 million of you!! its pimped out yo! I saw you the other day looking at it as if u wanted to steal and sell it. Thats why u see me padlocking 'em to the stove. If u try to steal it, stove will burn those skinny hands of yours!!!
And Oh common, you forgot to pay the water-bills. They cut the water, so we can "tamba" no more( cry those good ol' days). Sebi u are the one that will always go to the bathroom of restaurants and stores then u take all their tissue and bring it home, now u're trying to blame it on something else!
Blame it on ur cheap-ass
blame it on ur joblessness
dont blame it on me me me me me
LOL
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by netman1(m): 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2009
shoooooo you be ajebota? cool cool cool.girl wey u don they go out with for long time na im u no how u take propose to am.
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by Pataki: 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2009
dae:

dude, dont disrespect  my dunlop mehhn, they can buy 1 million of you!! its pimped out yo! I saw you the other day looking at it as if u wanted to steal and sell it. Thats why u see me padlocking 'em to the stove. If u try to steal it, stove will burn those skinny hands of yours!!!
And Oh common, you forgot to pay the water-bills. They cut the water, so we can "tamba" no more( cry those good ol' days). Sebi u are the one that will always go to the bathroom of restaurants and stores then u take all their tissue and bring it home, now u're trying to blame it on something else!
Blame it on ur cheap-ass
blame it on ur joblessness
dont blame it on me me me me me
LOL

dae, you are a very funny girl. Let us not derail this thread. If I expose you ehn! LOL! Me I dey steal tissue from restaurants and stores? Your brain don dey do jaguda run tey tey!!!! grin cheesy grin

So how did I propose to you? If I were to do it again, how would you want it? tongue
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by dae(f): 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2009
Pataki:

dae, you are a very funny girl. Let us not derail this thread. If I expose you ehn! LOL! Me I dey steal tissue from restaurants and stores? Your brain don dey do jaguda run tey tey!!!! grin cheesy grin

So how did I propose to you? If I were to do it again, how would you want it? tongue
LOL, this is how u should have done it.
*Rent a Jet to take me on a 1 month cruise to Paris, Brazil, Thailand and Jamaica
*Put me in an exotic presidential suite with all services (massage, facials, Etc) included
*Give me a receipt which says u just put $500k in my account
* Buy me a 3 bedroom house in Las Vegas
* Get me these cars for a start
    ~ a Rolls-Royce Phantom
    ~ a Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

I think these should be a good start,   grin
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by Pataki: 4:00pm On Jun 03, 2009
LOL! And yet you are using a 20 Naira dunlop worn out slippers. grin Elenu fe! grin

Send your cost summation to my email contact. My PA would arrange things on my schedule, and I would be informed appropriately. grin
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by dae(f): 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2009
Pataki:

LOL! And yet you are using a 20 Naira dunlop worn out slippers. grin Elenu fe! grin

LOL, i studied economics in secondary school. I am using my moneys worth out of those slippers!!!

Send your cost summation to my email contact. My PA would arrange things on my schedule, and I would be informed appropriately. grin

Nah, u're the one who wants marry wife. My own is for me to hear " Its all done" .  , then maybe, just maybe i might be able to reveiew your application

DISCLAIMER; Not a guarantee and nothing is refundable  grin
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by ebila(m): 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2009
@poster: If only this gurl knows what u're goin' thru just to make her happy.
Anyway,here's one romantic way u can go about it.If u have an ok voice,take her to a karaoke bar,sing her her favourite love song and at d end of it,make sure a bar man walks to her table with d ring opened on a try,and ask her over d mic "will u marry me and make me the happiest man alive?"
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by Pataki: 7:31pm On Jun 03, 2009
dae:

DISCLAIMER; Not a guarantee and nothing is refundable  grin
You are a NUTTER!
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by StrStruck(f): 7:43pm On Jun 03, 2009
Don't put the ring in the ice cream, that's not cute.
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by Orimili(m): 11:32pm On Jun 03, 2009
pepperyboy:

I think just proposing to her would be special and unique in itself. Don't try to go out of your way, believing that it will impress her. She will be fine with the proposal itself. And whatever you do, don't put the ring in anything that is edible, that's just plain tacky. This isn't Hollywood(or Nollywood, for that matter). All of that showboating is not going to be any more effective than just simply asking her to marry you.
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by Oxone(m): 1:20am On Jun 04, 2009
@op
just bring out the ring & then say

"okay you win"

she'll shed tears of joy, never fails grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:04am On Jun 04, 2009
Orimili:

I think just proposing to her would be special and unique in itself. Don't try to go out of your way, believing that it will impress her. She will be fine with the proposal itself. And whatever you do, don't put the ring in anything that is edible, that's just plain tacky. This isn't Hollywood(or Nollywood, for that matter). All of that showboating is not going to be any more effective than just simply asking her to marry you.

Word!
Re: Having A Problem Proposing To Ma Girl by oyinda3(f): 3:09am On Jun 04, 2009
one funny one I saw was in a movie "He's just not that into you"
the guy puts the engagement ring in the pocket of his pant and told her to search the pocket before throwing the pant away.
If she does ur laundary u can put it in ur pocket and tell her to check the pockets b4 she washes the shirt or pant. lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hac Kers Release Nu De Photos Of Black Actress/rnb Singer, Jill Scott [PHOTOS] / Do Guys Too Feel Hrtbrk The Way Girls Feel / I Believe Ethiopian Girls Are Some Of The Dumbest Ladies I Have Met

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.