Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring (54379 Views)

United States Of Nigeria Flag On Social Medias Causes Outrage - See Tweets / I Never Said Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up – Jonathan’s Ex-adc, Col Adegbe / BBC Said This About The Nigerian Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by hereiam: 6:11am On Dec 12, 2015
DaFlash:
Those set of people are nuisance everywhere they are, online and offline grin
for your mind, you think you haff sense.
he is entitled to his opinion just like BBC.
stop criticizing others cos you dnt know the reason for his statement.
your opinion.is meaningless cos it will not change anything.
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by ibukun147(m): 6:23am On Dec 12, 2015
Patini147:
Are yu sure he is not part of Biafra Bros, yu bam.
dodo barunda

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by 2ts: 6:58am On Dec 12, 2015
hummerwise:
even peeps from other african countries defended the nigerian flag wif a stiff response..
but look at that nigerian man(UGOCHUKWU EZE OKONKWO) thats suppose to be doing dsame chose to be an alien...

what a shame!

Na Igbo biafran
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by Ijaya123: 7:20am On Dec 12, 2015
AwiLand:
Everybody is Tired of Boring NIGERIA..... the ways thing are right now....B1AFRA is in sight,
Just this morning the British parliament has raised a motion that Nigeria should conduct a referendum.

Who will conduct the referendum?
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 12, 2015
feran15:
I'm sure nobody clicked the link to read the full article. it was a Nigerian that complained about the flag.

people are too quick to judge

It was an harmless irrelevant joke. Like asking if ur quiet sly looking cat is plotting to take over ur home or sthn irrelevant like dt. Africans have no sense of humour. Urrgh!
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by tman4real21(m): 8:02am On Dec 12, 2015
hummerwise:
even peeps from other african countries defended the nigerian flag wif a stiff response..
but look at that nigerian man(UGOCHUKWU EZE OKONKWO) thats suppose to be doing dsame chose to be an alien...

what a shame!
Nizooria is fading away! The ban not to promote b.i.a.f.r.a wil nt stop us. It is sacred.
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by ireasontight: 8:20am On Dec 12, 2015
can you compare that flag with the biafra flag which signifies the land of the rising sun!!!
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by danjaba(m): 8:25am On Dec 12, 2015
chesterlee:
Let's be honest.. Our Flag lacks creativity!!

Truth be told!!!

They should have design it with your grandparents pictures right? Nonsense.
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by danjaba(m): 8:27am On Dec 12, 2015
hereiam:
for your mind, you think you haff sense. he is entitled to his opinion just like BBC. stop criticizing others cos you dnt know the reason for his statement. your opinion.is meaningless cos it will not change anything.
For sure, he have sense more than you.
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by Billygee2u: 8:27am On Dec 12, 2015
iamrealdeji:
I can see some nice comments from educated and intelligent igbo guys(majority carries the vote). Most of these Igbo guys are not in support of that Biafran trashy movement. Only the few illiterates and touts are in support of it
what a hell are you saying?
is it by force for Igbos to remain in one country with you?
give Ceazer what is due to him?
you call the Igbos 3rd citizen,you call them all sort of irritating names,now they have decided to leave your beautiful country Nigeria for you and have Biafra the land of a rising sun,yet you are complaining and ranting like a trapped mouse,why?

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by ifyakanu(m): 8:30am On Dec 12, 2015
iamrealdeji:
I can see some nice comments from educated and intelligent igbo guys(majority carries the vote). Most of these Igbo guys are not in support of that Biafran trashy movement. Only the few illiterates and touts are in support of it
let the referendum be conducted and u will see that not just the illiterate touts as u call them supports the moment.

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by iamrealdeji(m): 8:34am On Dec 12, 2015
Billygee2u:

what a hell are you saying?
is it by force for Igbos to remain in one country with you?
give Ceazer what is due to him?
you call the Igbos 3rd citizen,you call them all sort of irritating names,now they have decided to leave your beautiful country Nigeria for you and you are ranting like a trapped mouse,why?
you're a stup!p ingrate Billygee2u,upon all you've gained from this country? Igbos are all over Lagos gaining what they can never gain in Biafraland,Igbos are shooting their films and dominate Nollywood and are raking big bucks,if Igbos would have to leave,then they can relocate to another country,maybe Mali or Zimbabwe,but the whole Biafra land and Niger delta belongs to Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Igbos are successful,mind you some Igbos would rather stick to their yoruba communities with their Yoruba friends rather than move to Biafraland
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
IceDude:
Whats wrong with our flag? The flag is ok jor! I like simplicity. U think say na to design flag with mumu colours nai go make am fine........The flag i hate most is that of Kenya, e be like babalawo cloth. *Kenyans abeg make una nor vex o*
dude, why would someone hate another countries flag, Dislike maybe, but hate.... common, there must be something more from that hate.....

Every countries flag has its own significance to its nation..... Now your hate for Kenya's flag might be totaly out of Ignorance, everything in this flag is very significant........ And I would say, the Kenyan flag is very original in the symbolism

Black- Symbolizes the black indigenous population
Red - Symbolizes the blood which was shed in the years of war against colonialist
Green. Is the protection of environment, agriculture and national wealth (I bileve this is the same for Naigeria)

The white is more of lines, the white color means a dream for peace(the same for Nigeria) and honesty

The symbol you see in the middle of the flag is a traditional shield and two spears/arrows, it symbolises the defence of freedom
The shield was used by traditional men to defend themselves against arrows while fighting with spears

And thats how the Kenyan flag came to be...... So in one sentence you could describe the Kenyan flag as "Black people shed blood fighting(Defending) for peace in there natural land"

1 Like

Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by BiafranFirstSon(m): 12:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
Chibuzoc:

BBC is not God but nairaland is god abi small boy
so because nairaland is hiding post about biafra u think everybody is happy with it. BBC don start to finish the zoo am sorry na Nnamdi Kanu na him send the post. No vex
una neva see somtin
Bbc amalgamated Nigeria through Lord Lugard and Lady Shaw. Now they have seen their mistakes. They want to divide us and they want to start with the flag. To me Biafran flag is better! If they like let them ban me for mentioning my country.
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by Obaf16(f): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
chesterlee:
Let's be honest.. Our Flag lacks creativity!!

Truth be told!!!
wot r u now waiting for? Make a move by designing one.
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by amtalkin(f): 1:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
CSTR2:
Patriotism cannot be forced. It is inherent.
Your like your Nigeria so much and yet you want people who don't want to be part of your country by force.
It is stupid. Because Your Nigeria will never grow as long as long as'' fifth colunmnists'' are in her midst.
Why is this difficult for your one-Nigeria folks to understand?
QUOTE OF THE DAY
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by Apina(m): 6:32pm On Dec 12, 2015
AwiLand:
Everybody is Tired of Boring NIGERIA..... the ways thing are right now....B1AFRA is in sight,
And since when did Nigeria become part of the united Kingdom?
Just this morning the British parliament has raised a motion that Nigeria should conduct a referendum.
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by IceDude(m): 6:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
denisfidha:
dude, why would someone hate another countries flag, Dislike maybe, but hate.... common, there must be something more from that hate.....

Every countries flag has its own significance to its nation..... Now your hate for Kenya's flag might be totaly out of Ignorance, everything in this flag is very significant........ And I would say, the Kenyan flag is very original in the symbolism

Black- Symbolizes the black indigenous population
Red - Symbolizes the blood which was shed in the years of war against colonialist
Green. Is the protection of environment, agriculture and national wealth (I bileve this is the same for Naigeria)

The white is more of lines, the white color means a dream for peace(the same for Nigeria) and honesty

The symbol you see in the middle of the flag is a traditional shield and two spears/arrows, it symbolises the defence of freedom
The shield was used by traditional men to defend themselves against arrows while fighting with spears

And thats how the Kenyan flag came to be...... So in one sentence you could describe the Kenyan flag as "Black people shed blood fighting(Defending) for peace in there natural land"
I'm very sorry for using the word "hate". Tnx for the explanation, i felt remorseful after reading it.
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by hereiam: 7:54am On Dec 13, 2015
danjaba:

For sure, he have sense more than you.
you must be an aboki. i know your type. go back into your hut n suck cow breast.
Re: Reaction Of Africans When BBC Said Nigeria Flag Is Boring by tck2000(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2019
Uh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan & Patience Were Received At Port-Harcourt Airport Today / PDP Primary: Makarfi Reacts To Atiku’s Victory / President Buhari Commissions Made-in-Nigeria “Ezugwu” MRAP Vehicles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.