Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,989 members, 7,863,538 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 07:41 PM

My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. (4348 Views)

Benny Hinn Prophesies Change In Nigeria's Political System In A "Few Weeks" / What Death Looks Like. Though Alive, I Went There. / My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by djdoxxx(m): 6:22pm On Dec 12, 2015
stephenmorris:
we need a very good plan before 2015, so we can move dis country forward.I'm ready if u really mean business
we mean business bro....I am trying to gather all the smart people I know on this forum already....join the Facebook page and WhatsApp group.
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by djdoxxx(m): 6:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
GooseBaba:
True talk bro.....I thought about it myself. But with politics everybody has an opinion.

But Me think innovation and creativity should be the foundation of non religious political movements..just challenging the status quo head on will be futile.

If we start from finding creative and non threatening ways to inform fellow citizens about the functions of a local government chairpersons. The power of their office, and how the seat of power is not a platform for demigods. We can actually empower fellow citizens who wish to pray away their problems instead finding practical solutions to practical problems..

If we look at the pressing problems of our immediate surroundings. You would notice that majority of the populations shouting this or that government is bad do not know that their pressing problems can be alleviated by how they checkmate their local representatives. But they ignore that crucial aspect of governance and jump to governor or president.

I really believe that if we can brainstorm creative ways in engaging our fellow citizens we would have more traction. Abi how you see am na?

bros, you have said it all....!!! This is the first and amazing step to take. We need to make arrangements on how to do this tactically. We may not come out directly as atheists but as human right activists....we need to engage the illiterates as they would be ready to go on this course. Baba, add me up on WhatsApp, make we yan...strategies are paramount.
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by ichommy(m): 6:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
Spam Bot just do me strong thing since Yesterday. OAM4J Thanks Boss. DJdoxxx dats Y i didn't comment here.
djdoxxx:
Leave the saddist alone, there are better people to quote than quote a dumb-ass!!! Fuel scarcity in the country is actually causing sense scarcity for some people....his god will help his case, I hope!!! Do join the group, add me up on WhatsApp and ping me so I can add u up
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Dec 12, 2015
I'm a free thinker in nairaland, but for fear of persecution I'm a religious man,I think our movement should have a name but let the name have nothing to do with atheism.
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by djdoxxx(m): 6:43pm On Dec 12, 2015
johnydon22:
This is not about atheists, they are only like 2% of the country's population.

i believe this is about the youths not minding their religious affiliation or irreligiousity.

This is about the youths stepping into the political arena of the country and take over from the ancient fathers of yesterday who have been ruling this country right from the 20th century.

So the youths should recognize this 21st century as our turn to make things right, our turn to take the reigns.

our fathers tried but it wasn't good enough, its time we moved along with time and embraced technological advancement like every other booming nation out there.

for this to happen we need the young men in the game not reduced to mere chanters under the hot sun for archaic old politicians
yessire!!! It ain't about atheist after all.....but atheists have become the only people I can trust to reason and make things happen. Imagine calling all the youths in this country for actions without having the support of atheists/ like-minds around? That is why we only can be the foundation of this movements....of course, other youths are invited for this course...this ain't religious at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Solidkay(m): 6:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
ichommy:
Spam Bot just do me strong thing since Yesterday. OAM4J Thanks Boss. DJdoxxx dats Y i didn't comment here.
Well said bro,
i jst had an encounter wit one dumb ass dickhead religious bigot.
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 12, 2015
djdoxxx:
we mean business bro....I am trying to gather all the smart people I know on this forum already....join the Facebook page and WhatsApp group.
kindly share me the
link of our Facebook page
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 12, 2015
I'm not interested in politics.

There are more efficient ways to make a difference.

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Ymodulus: 7:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
There are now no openly atheist members of Politics in Nigeria, even most Nigerians with no religious affiliation, are gaining grounds in numbers. So far, i don't there has been no sitting political leader in Nigeria who came out to accept he/she is an atheist. Obviously, it's far easier to be a prostitute or member of so called occult groups and be a member of the a political party.

The reticence is pure political pragmatism. The reluctance of Nigerians to vote for atheists is one that needs no argument. Nigerians are ready to vote an idol worshiper who has no future for the country than to vote an atheist who can change the nation in weeks. We live in a country where we are more religious than God himself. I ask myself sometimes that when people of faith question the morality of those without faith, how do they reconcile that with the countless crimes committed in the name of religion in history (e.g. Kaduna fight 2000 - 2003 ) and in recent times (e.g. BokoHaram)?

When the views of of a few 5% - 10% of the Nigerian people are not part of the debate in our legislatures, the laws that are passed may not fully reflect the will of the people or, at a minimum, take into account the opinion of a sizable minority. Imagine how people would react today if there were no Christians or Muslims in top political offices.

That admitted atheists are virtually unelectable is a mark of prejudice against them and it impacts the ways we formally educate the future leaders of this country. Consider the fact that Tennessee recently passed a law allowing teachers to tell their students that evolution and climate change are "scientifically controversial," and that Ohio is considering passing a law that would enable the teaching of intelligent design alongside evolution.

Why is it that we require our candidates to profess a religious faith, but not that they demonstrate even minimal scientific literacy?

As one prejudice after another has fallen by the wayside and we have elected women, terrorist sponsors, pedophiles, and even people not from our country to represent us, we have seen that the Nigeria has not come to an end. Life continues, and our debate is enriched by the diversity of opinions. It is time to end the prejudice that keeps qualified people without faith from considering a run for public office and keeps atheist officials from being honest about their beliefs.

In summary i support the decision of the poster. However, there is need for this participation to be an intelligent one. One that display and shows the high level of standards of atheist. We should not indulge in unnecessary argument over irrelevancies, or opposing one party to another. We should think how we can make an impact and let people know that atheist made the impact.

Ymodulus

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Aminat508(f): 7:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ymodulus:

There are now no openly atheist members of Politics in Nigeria, even most Nigerians with no religious affiliation, are gaining grounds in numbers.

So far, i dont there has been no sitting political leader in nigeria who came out to accept he/she is an atheist.

Obviously, it's far easier to be a prostitute or member of so called occult groups and be a member of the a political party, than an atheist one,

Their reticence is pure political pragmatism. The reluctance of Nigerians to vote for atheists is one that needs no argument. Nigerians are ready to vote an idol worshiper who has no future for the country than to vote an atheist who can change the nation in weeks. We live in a country where we are more religious than God himself

I ask myself sometimes that when people of faith question the morality of those without faith, how do they reconcile that with the countless crimes committed in the name of religion in history (e.g. Kaduna fight 2000 - 2003 ) and in recent times (e.g. BokoHaram)?

When the views of of a few 5% - 10% of the Nigerian people are not part of the debate in our legislatures, the laws that are passed may not fully reflect the will of the people or, at a minimum, take into account the opinion of a sizable minority. Imagine how people would react today if there were no Christians or Muslims in top political offices.

That admitted atheists are virtually unelectable is a mark of prejudice against them and it impacts the ways we formally educate the future leaders of this country. Consider the fact that Tennessee recently passed a law allowing teachers to tell their students that evolution and climate change are "scientifically controversial," and that Ohio is considering passing a law that would enable the teaching of intelligent design alongside evolution.

Why is it that we require our candidates to profess a religious faith, but not that they demonstrate even minimal scientific literacy?

As one prejudice after another has fallen by the wayside and we have elected women, terrorist sponsors, pedophiles, and even people not from our country to represent us, we have seen that the Nigeria has not come to an end. Life continues, and our debate is enriched by the diversity of opinions. It is time to end the prejudice that keeps qualified people without faith from considering a run for public office and keeps atheist officials from being honest about their beliefs.

In summary i support the decision of the poster. However, there is need for this participation to be an intelligent one. One that display and shows the high level of standards of atheist. We should not indulge in unnecessary argument over irrelevancies, or opposing one party to another.

We should think how we can make an impact and let people know that atheist made the impact.

I support this wholeheartedly

Ymodulus
Atheist Till Death
shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Ymodulus: 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
Aminat508:

shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed

Are you surprised?
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Aminat508(f): 8:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ymodulus:

Are you surprised?
yes shocked
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Ymodulus: 8:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
Aminat508:
yes shocked
Dont be. wink wink
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Aminat508(f): 8:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
Ymodulus:

Dont be. wink wink
OK angry
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 12, 2015
Teempakguy:

politics is just one of the ways but not all the ways bro
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Nobody: 9:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
djdoxxx:
Aaronson, you are very correct with every thing you have said. But do one need to pretend as a religious person in order to get political appointment? Would you do it if you were in the shoes of becoming the president of Nigeria? All you said is true, and we may not be able to eradicate religion in our lifetime but I strongly believe we can have an Atheist as a President of this country!!! Obama became the first black president of the USA, it wasn't a day's journey, like I read, he was being trained and nurtured to become the President from a very young age... This movement may actually seem in accomplishable by us but it would forever be said of us that we were sane minds amidst the millions of fools that existed and lived in this part of the world. We would relay this movement to other generations to come, until sanity is gained!!! It is not a do and die affair in any way, we intend to come together, rub our smart minds together and derive strategies to accomplish our goals....!!! Nice points up there bro!!!
True bro, I concur with you and thus makes me quote 2pac's "one day at a time".

You also said something about generation to come, Yep! Also true because generations to come would consider this current dispensation primitive for even thinking religion. As post-mordernism advances, religion and others superstitious belief(s) would die a natural death until then, I'm saying my R.I.P to religion in advance.
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by ichommy(m): 10:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
Nice Thread DJDXXx, My Ogas don talk. According to Ymodulus Goosebaba aaronson and Johnydon22. It will be difficult for some as a atheist to run for an Office, or any politician to declare his/her belief. Yes , I won't be surprise if we have some Senators, house of Reps etc dat re atheist. Some will hide under an Umbrella of Christianity and Muslim religion. As a civilian let me share some experience with U.
Am using 2 main bank account, GTbank and Diamond but the DOB is Different during BVN process. D lady @ customer care said i should get an affidavit dat support Diamond DOB. I visited The high court and the ask for my name address etc she put Christianity, I said Ma can U change that. She said oops Muslim. I replied Atheist. We re more than 8 in her office. Everybody turns cold, One woman said young Man Y atheist. I smiled and replied Its a choice.
2. If you notice my signature Atheist is bold dere in green font. Someone will just quote my post on any thread e.g. Bro, U need Jesus, why will u be an atheist, why u hate god self, am praying for U Blah Blah On and On.
So if i want to run for An office, Vote Ichommy the man for the Job and during an Interview with the press i mention dat am atheist grin U go hear the guy nice o but nah satanic person. And someone stealing, looting public fund will donate Millions @ church fund raise. I will rather pay some kids school fees, feed the less privilege, help the community.
But as U said we need to gain ground.
CC solidkay
Kindly Ignore typos and error cheesy
#Team100% Atheist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by ichommy(m): 11:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
grin u dey mind dem
Solidkay:
Well said bro, i jst had an encounter wit one dumb ass dickhead religious bigot.
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Ymodulus: 7:25am On Dec 13, 2015
Ichommy

U understand your experience. Most times when an in places, I just hide under the umbrella of a religion. To avoid unnecessary discussion or attention.

But recently, I have resolved to put atheist on all forms I fill.

Nice one ichommy
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by ichommy(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2015
Yes, Boss. I hardly argue But Online and Offline. What theist dont Understand on NL is this = If i ask for any proof or ask question dont quote Bible/Quran 4 me. As am typing now am in winners (shiloh) as today nah last day make i visit nah grin D only place am attach to Religion is my CV which i will change if I enter MS world grin I understand your view on keeping mute. One of my neighbour dont free with me when i open up my views. Religion is a Big joke, Recently My neighbour (winners member) tie a Mantle to Coconut tree. So anybody that pluck should struck Dead lol grin cheesy make theist no quote cos den get wahala. I will upload D picture. I get one for hand as i dey type inside church self. Religion is Brain wash.
Ymodulus:
Ichommy

U understand your experience. Most times when an in places, I just hide under the umbrella of a religion. To avoid unnecessary discussion or attention.

But recently, I have resolved to put atheist on all forms I fill.

Nice one ichommy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Kay17: 8:28am On Dec 13, 2015
Atheists with messianic complex.
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Ymodulus: 8:36am On Dec 13, 2015
ichommy:
Yes, Boss. I hardly argue But Online and Offline. What theist dont Understand on NL is this = If i ask for any proof or ask question dont quote Bible/Quran 4 me. As am typing now am in winners (shiloh) as today nah last day make i visit nah grin D only place am attach to Religion is my CV which i will change if I enter MS world grin I understand your view on keeping mute. One of my neighbour dont free with me when i open up my views. Religion is a Big joke, [b]Recently My neighbour (winners member) tie a Mantle to Coconut tree. So anybody that pluck should struck Dead lol grin cheesy [/b]make theist no quote cos den get wahala. I will upload D picture. I get one for hand as i dey type inside church self. Religion is Brain wash.

Hahahahaha.

Na to come pluck free coconut o.

grin grin
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by ichommy(m): 8:58am On Dec 13, 2015
Pluck make Angel Michael beat U to death grin cheesy I pirry U.
Ymodulus:

Hahahahaha.
Na to come pluck free coconut o.
grin grin
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 13, 2015
Kay17:
Atheists with messianic complex.
People like MalcomX, Joan of Arc, Martin Luther, Vladmir Lenin, George Washington and the like had a messainic complex....... Yet they changed the world

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 13, 2015
Sadly:........ No, there ain't. Ever wondered why science and tech is dead in Nigeria? We keep hearing about how we have "talent" and all, but we import torches for crissake!!! If an athiest (scientifically inclined) gets to power, I can bet with my all that he's gonna change Science for the better.
Teempakguy:

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Lammyz(m): 10:15am On Dec 13, 2015
Please add me to the group on 08136759446
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by djdoxxx(m): 10:32am On Dec 13, 2015
aaronson:
True bro, I concur with you and thus makes me quote 2pac's "one day at a time".

You also said something about generation to come, Yep! Also true because generations to come would consider this current dispensation primitive for even thinking religion. As post-mordernism advances, religion and others superstitious belief(s) would die a natural death until then, I'm saying my R.I.P to religion in advance.
Yes boss!!! Join the group or drop me ur digits
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by djdoxxx(m): 10:34am On Dec 13, 2015
SirWere:
Sadly:........ No, there ain't. Ever wondered why science and tech is dead in Nigeria? We keep hearing about how we have "talent" and all, but we import torches for crissake!!! If an athiest (scientifically inclined) gets to power, I can bet with my all that he's gonna change Science for the better.
You spoke my mind bro...do join d group
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 13, 2015
djdoxxx:
Yes boss!!! Join the group or drop me ur digits
I guess that's the group number down on your signature, right?
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by djdoxxx(m): 10:40am On Dec 13, 2015
ichommy:
lol....never had an issue with the spam bot on NL since I registered...Dunno why!! You are welcome to the group....The WhatsApp group has been created already... To join , just send me a pm @ 08169552020....One love....@ Ymodulus, johnnydon22, menesheh, Hahn, Dalaman , Goosebaba, and others....
Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by djdoxxx(m): 10:45am On Dec 13, 2015
stephenmorris:
I'm a free thinker in nairaland, but for fear of persecution I'm a religious man,I think our movement should have a name but let the name have nothing to do with atheism.
yeah....it does for now and it has nothing to do with atheism...it really does....Religion ain't the issue we are addressing here!!! This call is political and also for religious people to see we atheists as normal people and not satanic agents or anti-christs!!!

The movement has a name already and it is ' Enough is Enough Forum' . The name is subjected to change too base on member's opinions

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Atheists...it's High Time We Went Political To Rebuild This Nation. by Kay17: 10:49am On Dec 13, 2015
SirWere:
People like MalcomX, Joan of Arc, Martin Luther, Vladmir Lenin, George Washington and the like had a messainic complex....... Yet they changed the world

Individuals themselves are products of their environment and it's conditions, therefore they are mere expressions for change not the change.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ramadan Beheading !! Graphic Video Of Muslims Beheading A Christian !!! / Why cant Pastor Oyedipo Preach In Christ Embassy? / Jehovah Witness Dating Nigeria Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.