Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,582 members, 7,837,196 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years (54785 Views)

Naira Finally Improves At The Interbank Rate / Naira Crashes To 288/dollar At New Official Market / Naira Finally Devalued To N290/$ By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by gabbytabby: 7:30am On Dec 12, 2015
Demmocrats:
I don't think that lady is capable of handling that ministry, we need exceptional smart people with track record of managing world class businesses. Nigerian economy is too big for that lady.

we need exceptional crooks that write letters but never seem to get response from their manager before they divert money meant for other purposes.

Make una leave me be. Instead of walking away NOI became what symbolises corruption that wrecks a country. We get back stolen money and hand it to another rouge.
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by babestella: 7:31am On Dec 12, 2015
Can you imagine, when dollars is supposed to fall it's going up. Is this not Christmas season?
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by zikmarty: 7:31am On Dec 12, 2015
Papertrail11:
if yu wanna make dollar reduce and help the economy cancel that nonsense called bureau the changi simple......

banks are selln for 199 yu guys are selln for 260 una dey crasee..... every normal person who needs dollar ought to go the bank and easily get it but yu guys create some kind of artificial increase nd help fiance money laundering....and stuff.....if normal pple went to bank an bureau the changi is cancelled pple who do not necessarily need it wont rush to buy it......I dont know if sm1 is feeln me here just d way I see it

no offense but have you ever traded in dollars
banks dnt sell dollars to customers except you own a dollar account and in that case they don't hand you the USD but assist in a USD bank transfer to another USD bank account.

only in Forex bureaus in countries like Ghana and southafrica nd in the black market which is the most popular medium in Nigeria that you can buy nd sell the USD hand in hand.
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:31am On Dec 12, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
for now...nuthing hav increasd apart from fuel price,garri,rice ,meat and pure water is still d same...so when will it start affcting?
Guess you are not into importation so I rest my case with you sire. I'm into importation, printing and branding and I can tell you the effect is too glaring to ignore sire. Imagine me quoting a job for a client last week Monday and I was paid yesterday. I got to the same store to get my goods price has soared high, printing charge has gone crazy. I call you as the client that the 10,000pcs of calendar you gave me has to increase by #10 additional fee Wetin you go do? Lols

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:33am On Dec 12, 2015
danbrowndmf:
Whats your point exactly? We should applaud PDP?
My point is don't get deceived with corruption fight divergence moonlight tales when the macroeconomics that affects you daily is been pushed down the drain
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by Tpave(m): 7:36am On Dec 12, 2015
We're in a serious mess. May God help us.

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by str8talk1: 7:37am On Dec 12, 2015
Banks shld b made to deal wt customers in foreign currencies transactions directly not exceeding $10,000 while CBN deals wt > $10,000 thereby eliminating currency speculators and BDCs.
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by Myde4naija(m): 7:37am On Dec 12, 2015
HzRF:

http://thenationonlineng.net/importers-traders-laud-govt-for-lifting-ban-on-rice/

Always get ur fact right

he said partial ban on rice, don't you understand English?
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by HzRF(m): 7:39am On Dec 12, 2015
Myde4naija:
he said partial ban on rice, don't you understand English?
ND of use is Partial Ban?
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by danbrowndmf(m): 7:40am On Dec 12, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

My point is don't get deceived with corruption fight divergence moonlight tales when the macroeconomics that affects you daily is been pushed down the drain
okay sir.
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by zikmarty: 7:42am On Dec 12, 2015
danbrowndmf:
am not applauding this government but please PDP is not better.don't even say it. Thank you sir!

it is an open secret that the pdp led govt was really clouded with the best of corruption not excluding the Gej administration which had a little dose of conscience but I'll disagree with your point of view saying that we shouldn't crucify the Gmb led government for its failures in recent months just because the previous administrations were failures too.

Apc has recorded too much of failures in such a short time which could almost equal what pdp did in 16yrs.
if we were speaking in terms of successes, we would've been on a different page.
I'm trying to imagine how much would be left of our beloved Nigeria if Apc continued in this pace of failure for an equal of pdp's 16yrs.

Gmb had better start learning some magic tricks

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by jaybee3(m): 7:47am On Dec 12, 2015
zikmarty:

it is an open secret that the pdp led govt was really clouded with the best of corruption not excluding the Gej administration which had a little dose of conscience but I'll disagree with your point of view saying that we shouldn't crucify the Gmb led government for its failures in recent months just because the previous administrations were failures too.

Apc has recorded too much of failures in such a short time which could almost equal what pdp did in 16yrs.
if we were speaking in terms of successes, we would've been on a different page.
I'm trying to imagine how much would be left of our beloved Nigeria if Apc continued in this pace of failure for an equal of pdp's 16yrs.

Gmb had better start learning some magic tricks

Ohhhhh just shut your trap

Where do you expect them to source the money used in defending the Naira from If our major export is now somewhat worthless because of over supply with sharp reduction in prices

Propose a policy alternative for the govt or just shut up for good

Eeejiot!

2 Likes

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by joseph1832(m): 7:47am On Dec 12, 2015
danbrowndmf:
mir can we sometimes see beyound party & just say things as they are. APC may not be the right team but please PDP did absolute nothing for the past 16years...the last government is the worst..they milk this country like we are cow...you cannot start judging 7months with 6years...why don't you commend this government on how they'v been trying to recover funds from Dasuki & his thief crew...sometimes let say things as they are & forget about party sentiment...i initially luv GEJ but his perfomances was way below par... If APC fail after 4years Labour congress should come & rule ous..we are never going back to PDP unless there is a reasonable candidate there...
You expect Mizmycoli to reason like you? Puhlease bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by oluwaahmed: 7:50am On Dec 12, 2015
Awoofawo:
Weak currency is not necessarily a sign of weak economy, lots of factors go into determining economy prosperity of nation!!!

Kindly stop all this acting of stupidity sir!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

If weak currency is not a sign of weak economy, den what is? Is d currency strength not a function of d purchasin power of its citizens? If smetin u bot 70 usd last week @ 150 naira(10,500) now sells 60usd @ 250 ow much wld it be
Just insult d guy and stop tryin 2 act intelligent

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by zikmarty: 7:52am On Dec 12, 2015
jaybee3:

Ohhhhh just shut your trap

Where do you expect them to source the money used in defending the Naira from If our major export is now somewhat worthless because of over supply with sharp reduction in prices

Propose a policy alternative for the govt or just shut up for good

Eeejiot!

you should go back to your miserable life or better still go enroll in some daycare and return when you've got some education.

it's such a pity your parents never gave you a good home training, maybe you never had a home.
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by osazeeblue01: 7:54am On Dec 12, 2015
APC and Buhari are working
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by xymigrator(m): 7:54am On Dec 12, 2015
Raiders:
GEJ is responsibility for all our economic problem.

Have you ever sat in an English class before?
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by Maser: 7:56am On Dec 12, 2015
eaglechild:
And the dullard has absolutely no idea what to do.

What a sad situation.

Those who shouted change have lost their voices.

And you think its PMB's fault? Dollar crashed from N151 to N220 during the elections when your GEJ, Dasuki & Co gleaned off every dollar they could find in CBN. Other politicians across the country also hoarded dollars for the campaign and with the current BVN, many of them are scared of bringing out the dollars and lodging the monies in their accounts. That's the problem PMB is trying hard to solve now. God help you!

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by babyfaceafrica: 7:56am On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=Infinitikoncept post=40925927]
Guess you are not into importation so I rest my case with you sire. I'm into importation, printing and branding and I can tell you the effect is too glaring to ignore sire. Imagine me quoting a job for a client last week Monday and I was paid yesterday. I got to the same store to get my goods price has soared high, printing charge has gone crazy. I call you as the client that the 10,000pcs of calendar you gave me has to increase by #10 additional fee Wetin you go do? Lols[/quotee]sowie apart that ...never knew about it...God will intervene..how we go do xmas naw..shbi dm don pay u?

1 Like

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by jaybee3(m): 8:01am On Dec 12, 2015
zikmarty:

you should go back to your miserable life or better still go enroll in some daycare and return when you've got some education.

it's such a pity your parents never gave you a good home training, maybe you never had a home.

You are still a student sef.. My bad, sorry I don't have the time to forcefully hammer knowledge into your thick skull.

Stop commenting on things that are way beyond your league and stick to writing poetic gibberish in your diary

2 Likes

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:04am On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=babyfaceafrica post=40926504][/quote]
Lols you self one collect share. Isookay
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by elampiro(m): 8:06am On Dec 12, 2015
StOla:

I'm not surprised that you always find your voice on such threads. No exams today? You've craftily avoided threads that discuss how Dollars have been moved out of CBN in suit cases only to end up in the hands of PDP supporters.

Don't worry about dividends of democracy now, let us undo the damage done by PDP, then we can proceed towards the promised land.

We know that oil is the basis of our economy and the Naira to Dollar rate fell from N160 to N220+ in the regime of your hero.

As long as Brent continue to sell below $50/barrel, don't expect any magic that will restore it to N160 to a Dollar as was obtainable when Brent was selling above $100/barrel.

In due time, you will be put to shame.

Brent Crude is currently $39/barrel. As at yesterday.
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by babyfaceafrica: 8:06am On Dec 12, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

Lols you self one collect share. Isookay
yes naw....turkey must fry this christmas
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:07am On Dec 12, 2015
Maser:

And you think its PMB's fault? Dollar crashed from N151 to N220 during the elections when your GEJ, Dasuki & Co gleaned off every dollar they could find in CBN. Other politicians across the country also hoarded dollars for the campaign and with the current BVN, many of them are scared of bringing out the dollars and lodging the monies in their accounts. That's the problem PMB is trying hard to solve now. God help you!
Broz u can lie oooooo. #151 to #220. Baba even the rats had to dogde their heads
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by Infinitikoncept(m): 8:09am On Dec 12, 2015
babyfaceafrica:
yes naw....turkey must fry this christmas
In PMB voice we have banned turkey for Xmas season since its on the list of endangered species. Lols
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by AJ01(m): 8:10am On Dec 12, 2015
sorry for our future generation
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by babyfaceafrica: 8:11am On Dec 12, 2015
Infinitikoncept:

In PMB voice we have banned turkey for Xmas season since its on the list of endangered species. Lols
haaaaaaaa...mo gbe o
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by ireasontight: 8:12am On Dec 12, 2015
thank you chukwu okike abiama, the zoo will crumble
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by shugaboy6102(m): 8:14am On Dec 12, 2015
Papertrail11:
if yu wanna make dollar reduce and help the economy cancel that nonsense called bureau the changi simple......

banks are selln for 199 yu guys are selln for 260 una dey crasee..... every normal person who needs dollar ought to go the bank and easily get it but yu guys create some kind of artificial increase nd help fiance money laundering....and stuff.....if normal pple went to bank an bureau the changi is cancelled pple who do not necessarily need it wont rush to buy it......I dont know if sm1 is feeln me here just d way I see it
I feel you bro u made lots of sense
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by Bollinger(m): 8:15am On Dec 12, 2015
And some m.orons will wake up and blame buhari forgetting that it takes years for an economy to collapse. It didn't just start today. All we are seeing is the effects of decades of failed policies.
Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by mployer(m): 8:16am On Dec 12, 2015
oluwaahmed:

If weak currency is not a sign of weak economy, den what is? Is d currency strength not a function of d purchasin power of its citizens? If smetin u bot 70 usd last week @ 150 naira(10,500) now sells 60usd @ 250 ow much wld it be
Just insult d guy and stop tryin 2 act intelligent

Weak currency is not a sign of weak economy. Pounds is stronger that dollar but US has a better economy than UK.

It is misconceptions like this that is stopping the cbn from devaluing the naira and hence causing more damage.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Finally Crashes To 260 Per Dollar, Its Lowest In 42 Years by Bergs(m): 8:19am On Dec 12, 2015
and #babagoslow The latest #mrtourismnaija2015 is busy flying up and down..........hmmmmmmm

and someone will come up here again to argue that Goodluck is not the best thing that happened to Nigeria..

anyway sha God is watching us in3D

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Why Onyema Was Flagged By The US - Advice From A US Based Business Man. / See The Man I Saw Using POS Machine Selling His Gurasa Suya In Birnin kebbi / My Jumia And Konga Consultancy Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.