Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,144 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:08 AM

Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other (25249 Views)

Okorocha Presents 25 Prado Jeeps & 2 Land Cruisers To Imo Lawmakers / N4.7B Poll Cash: Three Mansions Traced To Fayose’s associate - EFCC / Saraki, Other Senators Avoid Main NASS Gate As #occupynass Protests Grow In Numb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by proprince(m): 4:43am On Dec 13, 2015
APC been decieving Nigerians 2000 years BC. grin
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by cirmuell(m): 6:07am On Dec 13, 2015
Jengem:
419 APC Change in action

They are only witchhunting their enemies

APC are thieves too
Ode, I guess only APC members are in the Senate. What stops PDP senators from speaking out against it if not that they are thieves too. And the mumu abino twitter senator has gone mute too, lol. Dumbasses

I don't want to believe this is true sha. undecided
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by Nobody: 6:20am On Dec 13, 2015
Nigeria senator please fear God

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by LaudGuy: 6:44am On Dec 13, 2015
Generalkorex:
What happened to Innoson products. This is called racisim

Lool@racism. It isn't. Innosson just needs to employ more creative people in his company. He needs to lobby hard in both federal and state level for his products to be used by Govt officials, this also includes neighbouring west African states. It won't just fall into his laps. I'm a big fan of Innosson but his marketing and sales team needs to be overhauled.
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by zomoears(m): 6:48am On Dec 13, 2015
8unit:
i love Saraki. My crush.

All this people quoting cos i said i love Saraki. I love him, am proud He's the Number 3 in Nigeria. I've been crushing on him since my secondary school. I've more pictures of him on my phone than i do have mine. He should do whatever he likes with Senate Money, afterall why did u think He spent money to win election? oh u think he spent his money just to be a pauper? Come on. He deserves 15 2016 model cars. Too bad i didn't see any Range Rover. Too bad the cars ain't even armoured. I love u Saraki, i love u daddy, I'll forever do. Haters should die

Fish brain..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by RaptorX: 6:50am On Dec 13, 2015
And after leaving the senate, they will now sell the cars to themselves at give away prices. And billions will be appropriated again to buy new jeeps for the incoming legislooters. Even Americans senators use their own money to buy their own cars. I have always maintained there is something fundamentally wrong with NIGERIANS cause the people moaning and complaining here will probably do the same if given the opportunity.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by wolfofallstreet(m): 6:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Ben bruce will not use #commonsense to refuse the ride smh
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by seunayantokun(m): 7:16am On Dec 13, 2015
Park of prodigals
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by akinaloma: 7:28am On Dec 13, 2015
Hello my people
Nigerians fail to realise that the country problem is from both the Senate House and rep
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by LaryBoy(m): 7:40am On Dec 13, 2015
How much is one sold? I want to do my calculations
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by Aroh48(m): 8:41am On Dec 13, 2015
Nigeria is worst than a zoo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 13, 2015
Jengem:
419 APC Change in action

They are only witchhunting their enemies

APC are thieves too

I curse the day that drug addict called Fredrick Lugard nd his prostitude girlfriend flora shaw step their foot in that land grin grin grin

Nigeria is a big scam!
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 13, 2015
Aroh48:
Nigeria is worst than a zoo

Nigeria is a curse grin
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by worlexy(m): 9:38am On Dec 13, 2015
AdeniyiA:

Just approach Saraki and ask him of the functions of paracetamol in the body, he'd tell you "1 million" before he realises what you're saying if he's not forgotten...
You never can tell o
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by anonimi: 9:41am On Dec 13, 2015
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by anonimi: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2015
Tunami:
jiaaa, and mumuhadu buhari will just sit down somewhere and be telling us that nigeria is broke, yeye dey smell.

Our country is broke, yet the nigga is flying round the world blowing $$$$$$$ billions on presidential jets instead of sitting down to work.
How did we vote these dull & daft as our number 1 EMPLOYEE?
How

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856745_france1_jpegbcac12e5182a39792bfe884c7ba4f4fd

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2534006_bac_jpegc61aa2b5c36e6eaed9536f13d8712e19

GMB‬ Speech While Addressing Nigeria Community In The United Kingdom.

I Will Maintain a modest lifestyle as President -Muhammadu Buhari.

“One of the major killers of our economy apart from corruption is waste. Our scarce resources are being plundered away very carelessly and unnecessarily wasted. Let me give an instance, presently, there are more than 6 aircraft in the presidential fleet. What do you call that? Billions of naira is budgeted every year for the maintenance of these aircraft not to talk of operational cost and other expenses.

You may want to ask what a Nigerian President is doing with so many aircraft when a Prime Minister of Britain fly around using the same public aircraft like an ordinary Briton.

Go and check and compare with that of any developed country in the world, the office of the Nigerian President is a very expensive one inspite our high level of poverty, lack and joblessness. Despite all these, you still find a Nigerian Minister spending about N10billion to charter an aircraft for just one year. Now, for me, when we come into office, all these waste will be blocked and properly channelled into our economy. We intend for instance, to bring back our National carrier, the Nigerian airways. [size=14pt]We shall do this by bringing all the aircraft in the presidential fleet into the Nigerian airways[/size] and within a year increase the fleet into about 20.

More from: http://www.osundefender.org/?p=217159
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by Dharnchuks(m): 9:47am On Dec 13, 2015
I wonder where these present day journalists were nurtured. Their publications are always riddled with irregularities. Even with my little mathematical knowledge I deduced:
For the Prado Jeeps
75% of N18,250,000 is N13,687,500 making its total cost N31,937,500 as opposed to the N37,412,500 above.

For the Benz factoring in the 75% of the initial cost of N23,912,500 will make final cost N41,846,875 opposed to the quoted N49,020,625

Toyota Hilux SS will be N21,940,625 not N25,601,875

Something haas to be done about these copy paste Journalists.
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by 2n2k(m): 10:02am On Dec 13, 2015
Dharnchuks:
I wonder where these present day journalists were nurtured. Their publications are always riddled with irregularities. Even with my little mathematical knowledge I deduced:
For the Prado Jeeps
75% of N18,250,000 is N13,687,500 making its total cost N31,937,500 as opposed to the N37,412,500 above.

For the Benz factoring in the 75% of the initial cost of N23,912,500 will make final cost N41,846,875 opposed to the quoted N49,020,625

Toyota Hilux SS will be N21,940,625 not N25,601,875

Something haas to be done about these copy paste Journalists.

Their computations are arithmetically correct. It is 105% not 75%. 35% duty, 35% levy and 35% profit margin. What can be queried is whether the base amounts are true.

By the way, this acquisition will be easily defended by the senate. It is for committees use not for direct personal use of the senators for which they have been paid upfront. Two land cruisers for each of the 60 committees for the nebulous oversight functions.
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by oforij(m): 10:11am On Dec 13, 2015
Spending approximately 5.billion just to buy cars, and later someone will say Nigeria is broke.
I call this people legally registered THIEVES.
APC PLANNING THIS SINCE INCEPTION
I PRAY BABA SLOW WON'T EMPTY OUR TREASURIES AND RESERVES AFTER HIS TENURE.
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by mrmetoo1: 10:34am On Dec 13, 2015
It's so sad when mischievous people want to quickly blame Buhari for this. Do you guys even understand that NASS is an arm of government by itself? Now you're blaming Buhari, when they were trying to remove the cancer called Saraki, you guys said it's witch-hunting. Now the same Saraki is doing something this irresponsible and insensitive, all of a sudden it's Buhari's fault. None are saying "no wonder they want to remove him" How quick are we to forget he rejected the proposal for them to acquire new cars for him.

Then for those shouting APC, come back and talk if your PDP senators reject the cars. These guys are in cahoots to rip us off and rip us apart all in the name of party association. These politicians at the end of the day are one and the same.

I'll keep saying it, the only Nigerian politician I trust is Buhari, not because he's a saint but at least I know he has a proven record of being disciplined and incorruptible. We all know he rejected his new cars even though provision was made for it already.
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by mrmetoo1: 10:38am On Dec 13, 2015
oforij:
Spending approximately 5.billion just to buy cars, and later someone will say Nigeria is broke.
I call this people legally registered THIEVES.
APC PLANNING THIS SINCE INCEPTION
I PRAY BABA SLOW WON'T EMPTY OUR TREASURIES AND RESERVES AFTER HIS TENURE.

Please when you criticize, please do truthfully. What these guys are doing is disgusting and yes it looks very bad on APC because they run the Senate but what's Buhari's own here? They're an independent arm of government. When Buhari had a chance to buy new cars for himself, he rejected it, what more do you want? The next election, I really hope people don't vote according to party lines and actually vote individuals because all these Naija political parties are the same.
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by seenter84: 11:07am On Dec 13, 2015
Nigeria is bleeped. Wicked country, heartless politicians.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by stanleyborix: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2015
bettercreature:
They deserves it,hard work pays
You r not serious
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by Ade001ng(m): 11:15am On Dec 13, 2015
God pls grant one of those uselessss African leaders grace to piss Putin offf so he can just nuke this useless continent.
you nearly killed me with laughter.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by shumuel(m): 11:15am On Dec 13, 2015
But i thought they said Nigeria is broke angry so where would the money come from sad ?

Scam everywhere, i have no shoes, i have no money,, all are just lies
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by oforij(m): 12:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Please when you criticize, please do truthfully. What these guys are doing is disgusting and yes it looks very bad on APC because they run the Senate but what's Buhari's own here? They're an independent arm of government. When Buhari had a chance to buy new cars for himself, he rejected it, what more do you want? The next election, I really hope people don't vote according to party lines and actually vote individuals because all these Naija political parties are the same.
agreed but does that mean he's not aware of this scheme?
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by Kelly32: 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
LaudGuy:

Lool@racism. It isn't. Innosson just needs to employ more creative people in his company. He needs to lobby hard in both federal and state level for his products to be used by Govt officials, this also includes neighbouring west African states. It won't just fall into his laps. I'm a big fan of Innosson but his marketing and sales team needs to be overhauled.

Sir I don't think we need marketers to explain to our government the impact of investing 5 billion on our local industry(INNOSON) and on unemployment and on the economy at large. If at this point given all the economic indices and hardship that we face and we need polished marketers to explain this then we elected the wrong people
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by mrmetoo1: 1:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
oforij:

agreed but does that mean he's not aware of this scheme?

If aware, what can/should he do? They're an independent arm of government, technically he doesn't even have the power to do anything about their allocation. He can order RMAFC to review the allocation but really he can't stop them. Only thing is, I feel FG would now have a good argument on why their allocation should reduce.
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 13, 2015
I can't believe you typed all that. Are you kidding me?.
Far better looking and industrious young men here and you are loving and supporting a probable looter?.

8unit:
i love Saraki. My crush.

All this people quoting cos i said i love Saraki. I love him, am proud He's the Number 3 in Nigeria. I've been crushing on him since my secondary school. I've more pictures of him on my phone than i do have mine. He should do whatever he likes with Senate Money, afterall why did u think He spent money to win election? oh u think he spent his money just to be a pauper? Come on. He deserves 15 2016 model cars. Too bad i didn't see any Range Rover. Too bad the cars ain't even armoured. I love u Saraki, i love u daddy, I'll forever do. Haters should die
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by osazeeblue01: 1:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
Where will that money come from?#CRYING# No job,No food, No water, No good road, No power, bad economy 1$=N261. Where are we heading to? APC came to complicate issue in Nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Senate Set To Spend N4.7b On 120 Toyota Land Cruisers For Saraki, Other by oforij(m): 1:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
mrmetoo1:

Only thing is, I feel FG would now have a good argument on why their allocation should reduce.
and you think they will agree to that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kemi Omololu-olunloyo Cuts Ties With Biafra Group, IPOB / Governor Wike Inspects Rumuokoro Market And Park, Expresses Satisfaction / Governor Soludo's Easter Message: Very Petty And Abnormal - BluntCrazeMan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.