Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,006 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) (58231 Views)

Adedamola Aderemi, Late Ooni Of Ife’s Grandson Tipped To Become King (pics) / Wives Of Late Ooni Of Ife At Burial Ceremony / Late Ooni Of Ife To Be Buried On Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Pascal181: 7:44am On Dec 13, 2015
This is d same tradition dat made Odewale (in god's are not blame) 2 marry his mother several yrs ago in dat same Ile-Ife. So it's still in existence.
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by blazetitov: 7:44am On Dec 13, 2015
My emphasis on the word 'CAN inherit'. So no be by force to inherit old mama youngies!

2 Likes

Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by greatiyk4u(m): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2015
Wicked tradition.......dis is where our politicians learnt how to inherit looting from their progenitors
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2015
Nairalanders just look at the pics below and follow the instructions:

THANK YOU

Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by gungab(m): 7:46am On Dec 13, 2015
crispgg:
People always misinterprete this yoruba tradition. There are two reasons why this is done.
1. Back in the day, yoruba kings were seen as demi-gods and highly revered. Therefore it was thought not to be proper for the young widows who were still young enough to remarry be taken up by mere mortals. Hence, another Oba must inherit them.

2. For the older wives, some of them very old. Who would take care of them if the new Oba sends them packing from the palace? Hence, he is also to become their husband thereby guaranteeing their sustenance till death. He might not even set eyes on them till they die. But he has the responsibility for their well being. That is the whole essence of this practice
exactly may God enrich your brain box
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2015
Who is dragging the wives with him? Why reiterate the law on nairaland? Who're these people? Where is his abobaku, what benefit does he stand to gain being a deputy Ooni?
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Mznaett: 7:46am On Dec 13, 2015
Chai! Nothing wey I no go c 4dz life wey I comegrin
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by JoeCutie(m): 7:49am On Dec 13, 2015
Oga o! I no do! Unless I'm to inherit their daughters, not them. You don't pour old wine in new wine skin. embarassed lipsrsealed

Let their daughters come forward lemme make my choice
. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by HopeAtHand: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2015
crispgg:
People always misinterprete this yoruba tradition. There are two reasons why this is done.
1. Back in the day, yoruba kings were seen as demi-gods and highly revered. Therefore it was thought not to be proper for the young widows who were still young enough to remarry be taken up by mere mortals. Hence, another Oba must inherit them.

2. For the older wives, some of them very old. Who would take care of them if the new Oba sends them packing from the palace? Hence, he is also to become their husband thereby guaranteeing their sustenance till death. He might not even set eyes on them till they die. But he has the responsibility for their well being. That is the whole essence of this practice

Clearly understood.
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by AhmedInusa: 7:50am On Dec 13, 2015
Johnnoah1st:
HELP!!!!!!!!!!

pls can someone recommend any online store i can buy an expired weed? it Been a while i last smoke an expired weed, i want to be so high today.
ah! Yaba left na... whole sale n retail cef with other expired Mechetra Mechetra even expired brain cef like your own. Loool.

1 Like

Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by iguita: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2015
He does not have to sleep with them. Inheriting them is for security. That means he has to take care of them and they still bear the title 'Olori' and not the make-shift title of Olori (ex-Olori really). It now depends on both of them if they want to be sleeping with each other.
Mjshexy:
Why must he inherit these old women, he has a much younger lady as his wife & can still marry many far younger chicks out there, abeg the widows should pipe down & leave the palace. It will even be an insult for him to inherit his father's wives

1 Like

Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by JoeCutie(m): 7:51am On Dec 13, 2015
Mznaett:
Chai! Nothing wey I no go c 4dz life wey I comegrin
Why you come? undecided Go back na! tongue
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Chanchit: 7:52am On Dec 13, 2015
So of what help will they be to him?!
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Ajascolove(m): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Hope they will not turn themselves to sugar mummies if the king refuse to do the needful.
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Ilaje44(m): 7:53am On Dec 13, 2015
Inheriting them does not necessarily mean he would be sleeping with them. He only has to take care of their financial upkeep. Anyway, Oba Sijuwade was not a poor Oba, and if the Oloris need some servicing, I am pretty sure there are enough perverse men out there who would spend a fortune to sleep with an Olori ana.
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by ibkgab001: 7:54am On Dec 13, 2015
The SU olori will not let him bang her so hard....
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Ilaje44(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2015
Ori e gbale! Se dandan ni won fi nse esin ni? So ara e!

Chosen1984:
Nairalanders just look at the pics below and follow the instructions:

THANK YOU
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Ilaje44(m): 8:02am On Dec 13, 2015
Ajascolove:
Hope they will not turn themselves to sugar mummies if the king refuse to do the needful.

So you expect somebody in her menopause phase to totally abstain from ere oge? They don't need to be sugar mummies, because there are lots of possibilities to self-pleasure. The toys selection is also very vast.

1 Like

Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by tpiar: 8:03am On Dec 13, 2015
charix:
Who is dragging the wives with him? Why reiterate the law on nairaland? Who're these people?

Does anyone want to attempt these questions.
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by tpiar: 8:04am On Dec 13, 2015
Too many sexually frustrated people are on the thread o!

H.orny all the time.

2 Likes

Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Flairoqy(m): 8:11am On Dec 13, 2015
See how she looks depressed like someone being forced against her will, I hate this tradition of a thing. (If she were my mum, how would I feel?) Very bad!
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by yhemsy62(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2015
Old mamas
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by iguita: 8:18am On Dec 13, 2015
Thank you for setting thing right. The new Ooni does not have to sleep with these women, tradition says he should take care of them like his wives, that is the reason for the inheritance and not sex. It is even a taboo to have sex with a woman an Oba has had sex with whether she is an Olori (legally married to the Oba) or not.
crispgg:

Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 13, 2015
crispgg:

perfect and perfect. You be correct village guy. You too much
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by pipz(m): 8:25am On Dec 13, 2015
But MKO snatched one of the late Oba Sijuades wives #Live and nothing happened
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by ZeroTolerance: 8:26am On Dec 13, 2015
Primitive Yoruba and their primitive practices.
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:28am On Dec 13, 2015
Tradition...... konji dey kill them dis period wey cold dey ooo
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by bellville: 8:32am On Dec 13, 2015
pipz:
But MKO snatched one of the late Oba Sijuades wives #Live and nothing happened
perhaps that was the reason he never became president and died in prison.

2 Likes

Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by GIYAZZ(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2015
tpiar:

Does anyone want to attempt these questions.
Your kinda questions, isn't it? grin
Re: Only The Ooni Of Ife Can Inherit The Late Ooni’s Widows Says Tradition(pictures) by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 13, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Groomsmen In Igbo Traditional Attire Will Make Ladies Drool (pictures) / Ooni Of Ife Steps Out With His Father (Photos) / Yoruba Words That Mean The Same In Edo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.