Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,458 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup (1877 Views)

South African Nudist Advices Girls"stop Wearing Underwear,it Enslaves People" / Ladies, Please Stop Wearing Skirt / Girls Should Stop Wearing This For Rocking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by opababa: 10:02am On Dec 13, 2015
Ladies of nowadays are makeup addict. Makeup is a form of beauty enhancement and has become a deluding agent use to deceive many innocent men. Here is what a friend has to say......

" Two years ago I’ve stopped wearing makeup. I didn’t do it to make a statement or with some other particular reason in mind. I just felt that I don’t need it anymore. I did not want to seem prettier than I am with glossy eye-shadows or hide my imperfections under a thick layer of creams and foundation.
On the contrary, going all natural made me feel sexier and more self-confident. To all you ladies that do love wearing makeup, I mean no disrespect.
However, here are six reasons why you may want to go make-up free for at least a week.

1. Your skin will thank you

Even if you don’t realize it, most of the makeup you wear is toxic. Cosmetic products are not subjected to the same checks as food or medicine before being released to the mass market. It is the sole responsibility of the manufacturer to decided whether a product is safe to use or not.
Unfortunately, a lot of them do contain harmful substances that getinstantly absorbed by your skin. For instance, popular cosmetics ingredients such as sodium benzoate, propylene glycol and a number of other acids (not to mention parabens and carcinogens) cause allergic reactions on most skin types.
Secondly, if you’d like to have the perfect blemish-free and glowing skin, covering it up with tons of foundation won’t help you with that. If you wear makeup all day, some of it will inevitably seep into your skin pores, causing them to enlarge and result in acne and blemishes.

2. You will have more free time.

On average women apply 17 beauty products before leaving the house and spend around an hour to get their looks together. Another study showed that women around the world waste 474 days of their lives applying makeup. Just think for a second how many amazing things you could do instead – learn a new language, have more incredible travel experiences or master photography. Once I stopped wearing makeup, I had one spare hour in the morning that I could either use to get extra sleep (which is delightful indeed) or turn into a productive activity learning French.
Is there’s something you always wanted to start doing but never had time for? Well, why don’t you do it in the morning instead ofapplying your makeup?

3. You will learn to love your flaws

Learning to love yourself and embrace your flaws is one of thebiggest challenges everyone faces. At first, when you go makeup free, you’ll feel exposed. You are no longer hidden behind a fancy facade with all the pimples, freckles and other tiny defects you can’t tolerate disguised under a deep layer of powder. Do you want to know a secret? No one actually pays attention to your tiny imperfections except you! You should stop treating them like “flaws” and think of them as your “specialty.”

4. You will be more at peace with yourself

One of the most common things I hear from my girlfriends is that “Makeup makes me feel more beautiful.” The truth is – it shouldn’t! You should not allow anyone to judge you solely by how you look (and ditch those people who do!) or allow someone to get you down just because they have a different idea about how people should be presented.
Giving up makeup is just another small step towards making peace with your body image and your soul.

5. You will start feeling more confident

Unfortunately, applying mascara and eye shadows will not help you boost your self-esteem and confidence. Instead of covering up yourself, you should focus on loving your natural look and embracing yourself. Your confidence will skyrocket once you learn to accept yourself the way you are. Ditching the mindset that your self-confidence depends on your makeup, you will start building it up on the right principles: self-respect, positive attitude and competence

6. You will start appreciating life on a deeper level

Embracing your natural look is the foundation of a life rooted in simplicity and in harmony with yourself. Chasing trends and fighting to comply with social norms and beauty standards is exhausting. So is spending a huge chunk of money on beauty products in hopes they would make you feel “prettier” and thus “better,” yet leaving you feeling devastated instead. Remember, your looks do not define who you are. You are better than this and you are beautiful the way you are!

Going makeup free takes courage, but it’s a rewarding experience indeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Khutie: 10:06am On Dec 13, 2015
OP nice one... only if dese fake ass galz will listen to yhur advice... And I'll lyk to commend yhu on dis particular advice "YHU WILL LEARN TO LOVE YHUR FLAWS". I believe dis z more reason galz ova paint deir sef in term of making up...ironically yhu re trying to tel yhur creator dah he didn't make ya up well... shout out to natural galz out dere who believe dah only white powder z enough for deir face #peace #oneLove
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by olafum1(m): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2015
I pray they hears

1 Like

Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by iceberylin(m): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2015
Make up mentality has eaten deep into Em.

They feel empty without it
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by ammyluv2002(f): 10:12am On Dec 13, 2015
Well....you're right!
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 13, 2015
I can't do without make up
My best part is my lipstick tongue
I love to play with colours
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by obiorathesubtle: 10:14am On Dec 13, 2015
undecided if girls stop making up.. We'll think pokemons are now roaming the Earth.. We can't take that chance.
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by dachaste(f): 10:18am On Dec 13, 2015
So u guys wanna start having night mares right?
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 13, 2015
Sorry but wearing no make up makes me feel like walking naked in the public...

I can't go out without it.. cool
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 10:32am On Dec 13, 2015
I love this write up opababa especially points #4 and #5.Though I don't where makeup.These points spoke to me.They could well be applied to body image.I think if someone would read what you wrote and really thought on it they'd be able to begin the liberating of themselves from harmful/unrealistic beauty standarders/ideals.(if that's their reason for what it is they do that is)

1 Like

Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by opababa: 10:35am On Dec 13, 2015
Khutie:
OP nice one... only if dese fake ass galz will listen to yhur advice... And I'll lyk to commend yhu on dis particular advice "YHU WILL LEARN TO LOVE YHUR FLAWS". I believe dis z more reason galz ova paint deir sef in term of making up...ironically yhu re trying to tel yhur creator dah he didn't make ya up well... shout out to natural galz out dere who believe dah only white powder z enough for deir face #peace #oneLove
Na so... I hope they can learn to love and accept their flaws. Even the guys they are doing d makeup for do have their own flaws too.
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by opababa: 10:47am On Dec 13, 2015
cool
KashyBaby:

Its a gradual process. U can start by u smiley
KashyBaby:

U are saying this because u r addicted to it... U can start by using only powder and lipstick.
This thing is a gradual process. My dear u can do it
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Khd95(m): 10:55am On Dec 13, 2015
If u like wear make up like microsoft color,if ure not fine,ure not fine nigrin
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by octopusfreaky(f): 11:04am On Dec 13, 2015
i dont wear makeup, i feel odd or strange wen i try it..i always make sure my hair is neat to accentuate my beauty .
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 13, 2015
Beautiful beautiful piece... So much inspiration.. Stupid Milani powder is now 3k anyway... Lol.

Lalasticlala, Farano, Ishilove... Pls, come read this beautiful piece and allow more ppl see it.
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 3:43pm On Dec 13, 2015
May I add also that I've come to realize that going make up free affords u ample opportunity to concentrate more on getting a naturally beautiful and glowing skin. Rather than spend all those huge sums on make up products, they could be converted to procuring good skin care products that ensure u're looking beautiful when u wake up in the morning... Come rain, come shine... Come harmattan, come global scorching sun.. Lol

I love organic products, though. It's more exciting,plus no side effects. Some of these useful products can be gotten right from ur kitchen!

2 Likes

Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by naijaboiy: 3:52pm On Dec 13, 2015
That's why I'm happy being a guy,we don't have problems at all. grin

Just take your bathe,apply your cream/lotion,wear your clothes,spray your cologne and leave your house so fly and free. Your handsomeness is as natural as ever. No artificial stuff added. cheesy

Girls dey suffer sha! Sometimes they are the ones that put the wahala on their heads sef. Even on this thread there would still be some that will rubbish the op. undecided

I hope someone like oliviaarims will hear sha tongue
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 13, 2015
KashyBaby:

Yea... I feel that way, too. But that's simply because it's a habit for us. The times I go out without make up, I actually feel very happy. Sincerely. When u're called beautiful, u know it's for real and not because some mask is hiding ur acne, discolouration or what else. Going make up free is actually cool. I intend to give it a try. It doesn't have to seem like u quitting make up for good, but at least, it should be considerably reduced.
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2015
naijaboiy:
That's why I'm happy being a guy,we don't have problems at all. grin

Just take your bathe,apply your cream/lotion,wear your clothes,spray your cologne and leave your house so fly and free. Your handsomeness is as natural as ever. No artificial stuff added. cheesy

Girls dey suffer sha! Sometimes they are the ones that put the wahala on their heads sef. Even on this thread there would still be some that will rubbish the op. undecided

I hope someone like oliviaarims will hear sha tongue
Lmao, naijaboiy, if I flog u! So, why did u mention my name, ehn?
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by naijaboiy: 4:03pm On Dec 13, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Lmao, naijaboiy, if I flog u! So, why did u mention my name, ehn?
You that attend boiling point tutorials just to learn how to draw perfect eye brow gringrin
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

You that attend boiling point tutorials just to learn how to draw perfect eye brow gringrin
Lol. Now, u really do need to be flogged. What do Pastor P and Skul Boy know about brows?

U should have said House of Tara... Or at least Benny.
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by naijaboiy: 4:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Lol. Now, u really do need to be flogged. What do Pastor P and Skul Boy know about brows?

hehehe... You even know the name of your tutors. grin

Well you got the joke tongue
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by ebubey(f): 4:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
yels like me cool
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2015
naijaboiy:

hehehe... You even know the name of your tutors. grin

Well you got the joke tongue
Everybody knows those ppl.. with their posters everywhere. Never attended their tutorials, though.
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by KimBerlyie: 6:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
undecided undecided undecided iffa slap u ehn
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by prettyjo(f): 6:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
funny reasons though
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
Pffffft
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 14, 2015
nice write up......d fact is dat most of dis gals dont knw hw dy look wearing dose paint on dare face......dy look lyk masqurade.... and a guy will marry dose kind of gal tinkin his marry kim k just to wake up in morning to see WedMC

1 Like

Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Monalisa185(f): 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2015
op, you've got nice points...buh it depends on what you define makeup as....there's something you call 'light makeup'....you hardly notice a light makeup....tho I'm not a fan of makeup.....now, for me..I've got my powder and lipstick....my eyebrows ain't shaved....so I've got no business with eye pencil/liner or whatever....having said that....you can't compare it with a heavy makeup kit....I think you shoulda said 'going light on makeup'.... because in as much as your points are correct, a makeup kit is a lady's best friend (literally).... buh it's always advisable to be on the 'lighter' side...

in addition...how many of you guys here bashing the ladies would leave a lady with a smooth and nice face to go talk to lady with a lotta acne and discolorations on her face(without any makeup to hide them of course).....talk about 'hypocrisy'

1 Like

Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
Oliviaarims:

So PastorP is stil around with his GST tutorials,that guy taught us GST in 500LT 2009!
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
HIGHESTPOPORI:
So PastorP is stil around with his GST tutorials,that guy taught us GST in 500LT 2009!
Hehehe... He's still there o! So u finished from Uniben?
Re: 6 Bold Reasons To Stop Wearing Makeup by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 7:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
Oliviaarims:

Hehehe... He's still there o! So u finished from Uniben?
Actually rocked 19street in BDPA you are staying now,told you before,wish it was when I was around,would have hooked up to confirm how preety u look apart from Pics!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever been in love with 2 People At The Same Time? / an Advice Please!!! / How Do U View A Lady Who Work As A Hotel Staff?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.