Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,926 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:09 PM

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? (1252 Views)

I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / Why I Won't Attend My Dad's Funeral When He Dies / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 13, 2015
My parents are both pastors but after years of watching them bicker @home and extend their bickering and arguments to the church where they pastor and the family attends,I'm beginning to doubt they are even christians not to talk of pastors. Due to my exposure to other churches while in school I'm beginning to feel like leaving the family church and attending a church I feel my spirit is ministered in. Is this a crime because my mother feels it is
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by okirewaju(f): 1:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
No it is not but i think they would need your support in their ministry
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
okirewaju:
No it is not but i think they would need your support in their ministry

Hmmmn,at the risk of my spiritual growth?
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
Suigeneris93:
My parents are both pastors but after years of watching them bicker @home and extend their bickering and arguments to the church where they pastor and the family attends,I'm beginning to doubt they are even christians not to talk of pastors. Due to my exposure to other churches while in school I'm beginning to feel like leaving the family church and attending a church I feel my spirit is ministered in. Is this a crime because my mother feels it is

Do they still pay your tuition, wipe your butt and feed you?
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 13, 2015
Joavid:

Do they still pay your tuition, wipe your butt and feed you?

Nope they dont
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Nope they dont
Then you're old enough to make this kind of decision, yourself.
If you believe leaving their church is good for you, then do it. you can attend special programmes and services just to make them happy.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Nobody: 7:41am On Dec 14, 2015
Joavid:

Then you're old enough to make this kind of decision, yourself.

If you believe leaving their church is good for you, then do it.
you can attend special programmes and services just to make them happy.

Aiit,tnx
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by jashar(f): 11:03am On Dec 14, 2015
No. In the end, God won't ask you which church you attended.

Just make sure you're truly saved.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by okirewaju(f): 9:06pm On Dec 16, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Hmmmn,at the risk of my spiritual growth?
If you depend on them for tution and others then you have to play along but since you do not then you can tell your mum playfully that you want to change and see her reaction.

It will break her heart but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 16, 2015
okirewaju:
If you depend on them for tution and others then you have to play along but since you do not then you can tell your mum playfully that you want to change and see her reaction.

It will break her heart but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Yh yh
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Cutehector(m): 7:25am On Dec 17, 2015
U should become a catholic!
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Miami11: 7:29am On Dec 17, 2015
Cutehector:

I almost cracked my brain trying to understand him
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Cutehector(m): 7:30am On Dec 17, 2015
Miami11:

I almost cracked my brain trying to understand him
understand who
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Miami11: 7:32am On Dec 17, 2015
[quote author=Cutehector post=41077365]understand who[/quote
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Cutehector(m): 7:34am On Dec 17, 2015
Miami11:

Understand poster, damn ! you don't get it either,
poster is female.. U wrote male
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Miami11: 7:35am On Dec 17, 2015
Cutehector:
poster is female.. U wrote male
Whoops my bad, I wasn't even replying on this post, never mind.
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 17, 2015
Cutehector:

Why?
Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by GateKeeper247: 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2015
my dear daughter is that enough reason for you to want to leave? this new place you are trying to go to; have similar if not worse problems no utopian society/church. pray for your parents and seek God he hears you. Salvation is what matters not church which you can achieve if the holy bible is what is used in your church today. God bless and direct you.

1 Like

Re: Is It Compulsory That I Attend My Family Church? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 17, 2015
GateKeeper247:
my dear daughter is that enough reason for you to want to leave? this new place you are trying to go to; have similar if not worse problems no utopian society/church. pray for your parents and seek God he hears you. Salvation is what matters not church which you can achieve if the holy bible is what is used in your church today. God bless and direct you.

Thanks. For the advice

(1) (Reply)

Hot Chic; Bad Breathe / Is Antonio Fernandez A Nigerian? / Nigerian Buys G-wagon For South African To Apologise For Impregnating His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.