Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,191 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" (42735 Views)

I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country / Google Celebrates Nigerian Author - Flora Nwapa / The Current Most Celebrated African Author (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
d film wey no wan make sense, d trailer alone is a turn off
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by monex(m): 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
bayinq25:
besides,why won't he be intelligent?he has the best education in foreign countries,went to school with the best cars and resides in a mansion abroad,he has the funds of course his mum carted away with our billions yet some people here praise noi as a demi god...Nigeria is not ready for good governance!..the people deserve the leaders they get.some idiots think when you condemn a thief,it's because of religious or ethnical sentiments..I'm a supporter of no party..Nigeria should think beyond APC n PDP and if there are no credible parties...we should just fold our hands and steer instead of spearheading their fruitless campaigns...I support you o...let her vomit our billions she was finance minister and should be responsible for every monitory transactions in this country...and all other perpetrators of evil

you assume being rich (best schools, mansion, best cars) automatically makes one intelligent right? i have met more smart poor dudes than i have met intelligent rich dudes. intelligence is also subjective you know.

he wrote that book in 2004 (albeit published in 2005). so when you say he has/had the funds his mum carted away, you mean the ones his mum stole during OBJs government.

you also should realise this thread is about his book and the movie and not his mum's financial mismanagement nor about corruption, nor about APC/PDP.

5 Likes

Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by cee001(m): 12:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
Raiders:
Your mom with her puff-puff face stole billions of dollars from Nigerians. Buhari EFCC is coming soon for your mom
huh
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
Beremx:
Very interesting movie. I love it.
imagination tv for sale.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by cee001(m): 12:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
tchidi:
Bia, is that dude single?? embarassed undecided *asking for a friend ni o!* embarassed kiss wink cheesy
*clears throat*
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 15, 2015
cee001:
*clears throat*

undecided angry ... abeg, you de block my road. tongue
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by kodded(m): 12:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
monex:

you assume being rich (best schools, mansion, best cars) automatically makes one intelligent right? i have met more smart poor dudes than i have met intelligent rich dudes. intelligence is also subjective you know.

he wrote that book in 2004 (albeit published in 2005). so when you say he has/had the funds his mum carted away, you mean the ones his mum stole during OBJs government.

you also should realise this thread is about his book and the movie and not his mum's financial mismanagement nor about corruption, nor about APC/PDP.

you can not take away bitterness from this apc folks i tell ya

2 Likes

Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by lukxman(m): 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
na hand-out? abi u copy d whole of d novel join?
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by steve440: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
hardywaltz:
Son of a pretender
eya
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by cee001(m): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
lipsrsealed
tchidi:

undecided angry ... abeg, you de block my road. tongue
tongue
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by igwedaboss(m): 12:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
This movie that they did the premier in lagos, i watched it 3 months ago. They came to turn up, no be only premier
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by obidevine(m): 1:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
Wow I made front page today !!!!! Lalasticlala I see you bro.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by wacoj(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
BEAST OF NO NATION is the only movie I used my money to buy and watched in the last 9 months.
The movie make sense wella. Well Interpreted.

1 Like

Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by obidevine(m): 1:18pm On Dec 15, 2015
Uzodimma Iweala , proudly Nigerian, good book and an even better movie, but guess what in the book , the commandant played by Idris Elba was gay, but in the movie he wasn't depicted as gay.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by thoth: 1:37pm On Dec 15, 2015
After her mother in collaboration with the villainous IMF/World Bank has destroyed the future and lives of millions of Nigerian youths, he comes here to tell us about Harvard and Child Soldiers. What a shame!!
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by pinardave: 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
bayinq25:
besides,why won't he be intelligent?he has the best education in foreign countries,went to school with the best cars and resides in a mansion abroad,he has the funds of course his mum carted away with our billions yet some people here praise noi as a demi god...Nigeria is not ready for good governance!..the people deserve the leaders they get.some idiots think when you condemn a thief,it's because of religious or ethnical sentiments..I'm a supporter of no party..Nigeria should think beyond APC n PDP and if there are no credible parties...we should just fold our hands and steer instead of spearheading their fruitless campaigns...I support you o...let her vomit our billions she was finance minister and should be responsible for every monitory transactions in this country...and all other perpetrators of evil

Dude I understand your frustrations, you are nothing but a looser. The okonjos did not prevent your palm wine and ogogoro drinking parents from sending you to havard neither did they prevent them from stealing to send you to MIT. I guess, if you had the opportunity, u would have stolen more. No one holy pass!!!

1 Like

Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
Nairaland's gone to the dogs, read all of the comment and most is utter bullshit. The thread js about the author and the movie.
I'm not a fan of his mum but common guys, the interview is about his movie which is a good work of art, considering he was trained as a 'physician' (from what i read or maybe im wrong) Kudos to him! About the movie, i haven't had time to watch again but i don't really like the end of it, i was expecting a sweet ending! All in all it was quite intense.

1 Like

Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by experimentist: 1:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
fine boy but your moma dey go jail soon cry
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by obidevine(m): 2:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
Please people let's stop bickering about his mum did this and his mom dis that, let's concentrate on the fact that he wrote a good book .
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by obidevine(m): 2:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
Please people let's stop bickering about his mum did this and his mom dis that, let's concentrate on the fact that he wrote a good book . Please stop the hating and appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by LeSulk(m): 2:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
bayinq25:

Actually,being born with a silver spoon helps but doesn't mean for sure he'll be a successful novelist.Ever heard of Farouk Abdulmutallab?

On the other hand,I watched the movie trailer and it really seems to be a must-watch.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 15, 2015
AzizG550:
Why Wunt he be brainy ? Someone that has been receiving the best of everything in life eg best primary sch, best sec sch, best university (Harvard) so tell me why Wunt he be smart. Even if he is not brainy his super rich parents cn buy brain and install in his head.
Stop the unnecessary hate. His Grandparents were both professors, they achieved that by working hard and remember his mother also earned enough to cater for his education while working at World Bank.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by madridsta007(m): 2:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
bayinq25:

When you put your utterance into perspective and recollect that someone some years ago became the first internationally reputed would-be suicide bomber from Nigeria- Abdul Mutallab- the son of a wealthy Nigerian (also a top banker in the country), who also schooled abroad, in UCL, one of the United Kingdom most prestigious University, it surely makes your utterance very foolish, one must say.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by Nobody: 2:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
obidevine:
Uzodimma Iweala , proudly Nigerian, good book and an even better movie, but guess what in the book , the commandant played by Idris Elba was gay, but in the movie he wasn't depicted as gay.
It was depicted in a scene when Idris Elba called him in after capturing the first village. He gave him a "special Juju" then took him inside, he asked to do something that was like a Blowj0b. The little boy came out feeling desecrated, defiled and was in tears when he came out to meet his friend "Striker".
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by obidevine(m): 2:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
kpekusPikin:

It was depicted in a scene when Idris Elba called him in after capturing the first village. He gave him a "special Juju" then took him inside, he asked to do something that was like a Blowj0b. The little boy came out feeling desecrated, defiled and was in tears when he came out to meet his friend "Striker".
.. I really don't remember that part, I guess I'll have to see the movie again.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
bayinq25:
Tinubu that did all these things, what books did his children write? I mean, what have they even achieved?

1 Like

Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by luggy(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
good lock brother
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by AzizG550(m): 7:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
kpekusPikin:

Stop the unnecessary hate. His Grandparents were both professors, they achieved that by working hard and remember his mother also earned enough to cater for his education while working at World Bank.
I said His parents and grandparents were rich how is that a hate talk ?
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by obidevine(m): 8:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
tchidi:
Bia, is that dude single?? embarassed undecided *asking for a friend ni o!* embarassed kiss wink cheesy
... Yep he is , want him?
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by obidevine(m): 8:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
tchidi:
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by obidevine(m): 8:06pm On Dec 15, 2015
Uzo nice one..
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
obidevine:

wink wink
Yels. embarassed embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie: "I Find This ‘baby Bump’ Thing Very Irritating" / Books You Must Read!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.