Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" (42746 Views)

I Read In The Bathroom - Dami Ajayi, Author Of A Woman's Body Is A Country / Google Celebrates Nigerian Author - Flora Nwapa / The Current Most Celebrated African Author (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by obidevine(m): 9:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
Uzo keep the flag flying.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by Nobody: 10:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
AzizG550:
I said His parents and grandparents were rich how is that a hate talk ?
Sorry for the misconception, I was supposed to reply another post
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by obidevine(m): 11:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
kpekusPikin:

Sorry for the misconception, I was supposed to reply another post
.. Go and sin no more.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by astute07(f): 10:02pm On Dec 16, 2015
All this child soldiers film like johnny & beast of no nation.have d same story line.REVENGE HATE & DESPAIR. D only difference in BONN is that agu agreed to defeat & stayed in d confinement camp.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by bayinq25(m): 5:40am On Dec 17, 2015
madridsta007:

When you put your utterance into perspective and recollect that someone some years ago became the first internationally reputed would-be suicide bomber from Nigeria- Abdul Mutallab- the son of a wealthy Nigerian (also a top banker in the country), who also schooled abroad, in UCL, one of the United Kingdom most prestigious University, it surely makes your utterance very foolish, one must say.
When a Nigerian quotes like this,he's surely far from sanity!
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by bayinq25(m): 5:44am On Dec 17, 2015
pinardave:

Dude I understand your frustrations, you are nothing but a looser. The okonjos did not prevent your palm wine and ogogoro drinking parents from sending you to havard neither did they prevent them from stealing to send you to MIT. I guess, if you had the opportunity, u would have stolen more. No one holy pass!!!
Dude,from this quote,it shows you and your parents are epic butlickers,you can't phantom a way out of your frustrated and pathetic life,how the hell did you make it into humanity?you're a sorry excuse for a human being.This quote is surely from an intellectual midget...you pathetic simplet¤n
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by bayinq25(m): 5:50am On Dec 17, 2015
monex:

you assume being rich (best schools, mansion, best cars) automatically makes one intelligent right? i have met more smart poor dudes than i have met intelligent rich dudes. intelligence is also subjective you know.

he wrote that book in 2004 (albeit published in 2005). so when you say he has/had the funds his mum carted away, you mean the ones his mum stole during OBJs government.

you also should realise this thread is about his book and the movie and not his mum's financial mismanagement nor about corruption, nor about APC/PDP.

He had intelligence met with opportunity but how many of elites have poor kids?do you know the millions that would grab half of his opportunity?there are far more intelligent and poor people in Nigeria who can't afford the best education if you'll agree with me he's so boxed up to direct or shoot a movie,how many Nigerians won't do better if they had the funds?being rich adds to intelligence especially knowing the shambles our tertiary institutions in Nigeria is.
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by monex(m): 8:25am On Dec 17, 2015
bayinq25:
He had intelligence met with opportunity but how many of elites have poor kids?do you know the millions that would grab half of his opportunity?there are far more intelligent and poor people in Nigeria who can't afford the best education if you'll agree with me he's so boxed up to direct or shoot a movie,how many Nigerians won't do better if they had the funds?being rich adds to intelligence especially knowing the shambles our tertiary institutions in Nigeria is.

he is neither directing nor shooting a movie. He wrote a book. My point is that "it does not neccessary follow that he is intelligent because his mother (or father) is rich"
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by bayinq25(m): 4:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
monex:

he is neither directing nor shooting a movie. He wrote a book. My point is that "it does not neccessary follow that he is intelligent because his mother (or father) is rich"
your point is very legit but what if he was one helpless youth from the creeks!
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by bayinq25(m): 4:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
monex:

your point is very legit but what if he was one helpless youth from the creeks?
Re: Uzodimma Iweala, Author Of "Beasts Of No Nation" by monex(m): 9:09am On Dec 19, 2015
bayinq25:
your point is very legit but what if he was one helpless youth from the creeks?
he could (with a very high probability) still be intelligent

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Bodyguard / Chimamanda Adichie And Husband, Ivara Esege (Photos) / Chimamanda Adichie: "I Find This ‘baby Bump’ Thing Very Irritating"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.