Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,689 members, 7,809,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 AM

Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About (26041 Views)

Some Things You Should Know About Online Shopping / Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! / Some Things I Have Learned So Far In Internet Marketing!!! You Need To See This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Idrismusty97(m): 11:14am On Dec 14, 2015
And that black Friday trash is a jumbo scam!

1 Like

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Yseone(m): 11:24am On Dec 14, 2015
adanny01:
I have bought a lot of cheap things online. Some are more costly in stores.

For example. I went to LG shopin Abj Banex plaza, a particular LG 49" LED tv cost about 115k.

The same tv in NEXT cash and carry had a price tag of 130k.

Jumia had a price tag of 108,995 plus delivery charge

Armed with a 2k voucher i got it for 106,995 plus delivery charge.

I saved 8k for myself since my parents gave me 115k for it.
ARE YOU NOW HAPPY THAT YOUR PARENTS GAVE YOU MONEY TO BUY A TV SET & YOU MADE 8K OUT OF IT what a tesimony....

6 Likes

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by suwalee(f): 11:29am On Dec 14, 2015
ifyan:
I am amazed which the way we Nigerians glorified online store. To the extent that some people no longer visit the near by market for their needs or ask questions.

What made me to pass this information was the day l made enquiry about the prices of different inverters make and it range. I was surprised when l compare the prices given to in the market and the once online(despite their cunning discount, l know a lot of people are falling to this). What made my curiosity to grow further details about online stores, are as follows

1. When l was having a discussion with a lady. She told me that when she check the price of a particular material in the Internet and when she unknowingly went to the product dealer store.
2. Trade fair.
Now without wasting much of your time. This are what online stores do that you think are right

1. They are Wholesalers but sell higher than Retailers(are you surprised, then make enquire).
2. Some items you buy cheap online are either old one or given as gifts, charity etc.
3. Don’t be fooled by the discount because they are not fool to loose profit.
4. Old items but repackaged in a new box (you know what l mean).
5. Some products are not in the same grade with the original products (Quality Please).
6. Some are used as charity to some particular region but sold to you.
7. They are agents for companies from other countries.
8. They discourage Small scale and Medium Enterprise in an unknowingly way (this is a very complex issue which need a great understanding to the subject matter).
9. Welcome to the business world were you have to survive. So ..........

Note l am not discouraging online business or by from online or whatever you think. I am just passing out information to anyone everyone.

REMEMBER “INFORMATION IS POWER”

Nigerians be wise
Written by IfyAn

Source:http://www.nairausd.com/2015/12/some-things-online-store-do-which-we.html?m=1

Twitter@naira usd
you're so right won't forget the first nd last order I made online till date I didn't wear the shoe jst lying fallow
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Aremu01(m): 11:38am On Dec 14, 2015
ifyan:

Please l didn't mention any name or product make or company.
lol u go fear social media bill
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by DJBIGGY(m): 11:39am On Dec 14, 2015
I concur oooo that was how wanted to buy a power bank on Jumia. The advert displayed was totally different from what they brought. Wanted to buy a 30000mah power bank and I got a different one from what was advertised. It was 30000mah quite alright but here is the thibg... The charger mouth na Motorola mouth which will tell u say na old school power bank. Na werin pain me pass. Then I also saw they used a different casing to cover up lipsrsealed angry
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by menxer: 11:40am On Dec 14, 2015
The only items I buy online are:
1) items I can't get in stores in Nigeria
2) items that the online price + shipping is significantly lower than buying from stores in Nigeria
3) it must be an amazon prime or fulfilled item
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by rafeelly(m): 11:52am On Dec 14, 2015
no greater scan than black Friday... ordered for DJ stack home theatre from Jumia and TV set and DVD with some clothing from konga... konga delivered the next day except for the fact each item was delivered at rate of 3k thank God I ordered in bulk but jumia has refuse too deliver my product after how many weeks... cald their customer care and the agent said they would speed up the delivery. till now they are still yarning dust... then one need to research very well about the price of items... before black Friday Samsung A8 was 98k plus I wanted to order... I decided to wait till black Friday only for me to see 105k and they also wrote the previous Price was 115k... I couldn't close my mouth... make sure u confirm price in the market before you order to avoid stories that touch

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Jacko1(m): 12:32pm On Dec 14, 2015
They are online stores they could just import direct from the major labels y do dey use 9ja middlemen
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Favolly(f): 12:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
ifyan:
I am amazed which the way we Nigerians glorified online store. To the extent that some people no longer visit the near by market for their needs or ask questions.

What made me to pass this information was the day l made enquiry about the prices of different inverters make and it range. I was surprised when l compare the prices given to in the market and the once online(despite their cunning discount, l know a lot of people are falling to this). What made my curiosity to grow further details about online stores, are as follows

1. When l was having a discussion with a lady. She told me that when she check the price of a particular material in the Internet and when she unknowingly went to the product dealer store.

Source:http://www.nairausd.com/2015/12/some-things-online-store-do-which-we.html?m=1

Twitter@naira usd

What exactly is this first point saying?

2 Likes

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by adanny01(m): 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
Yseone:

ARE YOU NOW HAPPY THAT YOUR PARENTS GAVE YOU MONEY TO BUY A TV SET & YOU MADE 8K OUT OF IT what a tesimony....

Cool down, my parents know how much i bought it and they have the invoice. How the 8k went is not the point.
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Naturalle(f): 2:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
@OP - From your write-up, I observed the following;

1. You have been shopping for used items from deal sites and expecting them to come as 'brand new' (perhaps olx.com). Please note that deal sites are not the same as regular stores.
2. You are unaware of the existence of a 'Return Policy' which you can use whenever you are dissatisfied with a purchase.
3. You are unaware of the 'Convenience factor' online shopping provides. Its the alternative to moving from one market stall to another, lifting the heavy load whilst still worrying about transportation to your destination. Surely the paltry difference in price of an online store vs the offline alternative will not break the bank.
4. You are also unaware that online stores partner with local merchants to sell their products to customers. Contrary to your opinion of discouraging SME's, they open up wider distribution channels for the lace merchant who could only sell to customers that come to Balogun market to reach a customer as far as calabar.
5. Regarding the issue of quality that you raised, Online Stores have to provide the same warranties for a product that a regular store provides, trust me, you cannot be repackaging products and passing them off as originals when you have a RETURN POLICY that protects the customers.
6. Regarding profitability, it is a well known fact that most online stores in Nigeria are yet to 'break even' talkless of turning a profit. So yes, the discount is very real.

In a nutshell, your summations are uninformed.

Peace!

1 Like

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by alatbaba1(m): 2:18pm On Dec 14, 2015
The price of goods sold online are so different from the price in the market. I got a LG duracool fridge from a store. When I was negotiating the price, I was checking online to confirm. To my greatest surprise, d price difference is far more than 20k for the same product. Online store is a scam. My opinion
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by DonX001: 2:22pm On Dec 14, 2015
Naturalle:

@OP - From your write-up, I observed the following;

1. You have been shopping for used items from deal sites and expecting them to come as 'brand new' (perhaps olx.com). Please note that deal sites are not the same as regular stores.
2. You are unaware of the existence of a 'Return Policy' which you can use whenever you are dissatisfied with a purchase.
3. You are unaware of the 'Convenience factor' online shopping provides. Its the alternative to moving from one market stall to another, lifting the heavy load whilst still worrying about transportation to your destination. Surely the paltry difference in price of an online store vs the offline alternative will not break the bank.
4. You are also unaware that online stores partner with local merchants to sell their products to customers. Contrary to your opinion of discouraging SME's, they open up wider distribution channels for the lace merchant who could only sell to customers that come to Balogun market to reach a customer as far as calabar.
5. Regarding the issue of quality that you raised, Online Stores have to provide the same warranties for a product that a regular store provides, trust me, you cannot be repackaging products and passing them off as originals when you have a RETURN POLICY that protects the customers.
6. Regarding profitability, it is a well known fact that most online stores in Nigeria are yet to 'break even' talkless of turning a profit. So yes, the discount is very real.

In a nutshell, your summations are uninformed.

Peace!

Intelligent analysis!

1 Like

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 14, 2015
i go online only for their market surveys
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by fexyrich(m): 2:33pm On Dec 14, 2015
U better be careful the way you tarnish the image of these big businesses cos you could be sues for libel..The Op never mentioned the name of any online store..Cos there are so many of them in the country.So be careful not to call names..You can't tarnish the image of big companies this days and freely get away with it if caught
feran15:

take jumia for example, they dont sell all the products on their site. they just serve as middle men for their clients(normal businesses) so if there is anything wrong with the product you buy, its the fault of the clients and not the online stores

i agree that the prices might be higher than others outside but that's why you do research before buying. different people put the same product for different prices.

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by feran15(m): 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
fexyrich:
U better be careful the way you tarnish the image of these big businesses cos you could be sues for libel..The Op never mentioned the name of any online store..Cos there are so many of them in the country.So be careful not to call names..You can't tarnish the image of big companies this days and freely get away with it if caught

what does Jumia want to do if i say that their prices are high?.

its a pretty stupid move and a waste of money to sue me because their prices are high. besides, i only explained why the prices are high
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Dammyllionaire(m): 2:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
rafeelly:
no greater scan than black Friday... ordered for DJ stack home theatre from Jumia and TV set and DVD with some clothing from konga... konga delivered the next day except for the fact each item was delivered at rate of 3k thank God I ordered in bulk but jumia has refuse too deliver my product after how many weeks... cald their customer care and the agent said they would speed up the delivery. till now they are still yarning dust... then one need to research very well about the price of items... before black Friday Samsung A8 was 98k plus I wanted to order... I decided to wait till black Friday only for me to see 105k and they also wrote the previous Price was 115k... I couldn't close my mouth... make sure u confirm price in the market before you order to avoid stories that touch

Obvious this is your first time of shopping with Jumia, unlike black Friday they always deliver within the specific period given for delivery, but the number of customer that make order during black Friday are more than 3million people, so what do u expect? The delivery can't be as fast as before expecially during this period. I also ordered for a Gold wrist watch during black Friday and i've not receive it till now but I understand the situation because when I brought my DJ Home T.and my fridge, the delivery was not late at all

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by feran15(m): 2:38pm On Dec 14, 2015
Yseone:

no need to be a dick. he was just explaining how the prices are lower
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by fexyrich(m): 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2015
If you believe this crap then you can believe anything
austynoh:
This is definitely an eye opener shocked
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by silent10(m): 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2015
DJBIGGY:
I concur oooo that was how wanted to buy a power bank on Jumia. The advert displayed was totally different from what they brought. Wanted to buy a 30000mah power bank and I got a different one from what was advertised. It was 30000mah quite alright but here is the thibg... The charger mouth na Motorola mouth which will tell u say na old school power bank. Na werin pain me pass. Then I also saw they used a different casing to cover up lipsrsealed angry
I hv been in ur shoes several times, d last time i ordered an item 4rm jumia, i was delivered something different 4rm d one i ordered, i sent d delivery guy away. Since den i hv stopped patronizing 'em.
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by silent10(m): 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2015
adanny01:

Cool down, my parents know how much i bought it and they have the invoice. How the 8k went is not the point.
I dnt think u got @yseone point
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by rafeelly(m): 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2015
Dammyllionaire:

Obvious this is your first time of shopping with Jumia, unlike black Friday they always deliver within the specific period given for delivery, but the number of customer that make order during black Friday are more than 3million people, so what do u expect? The delivery can't be as fast as before expecially during this period. I also ordered for a Gold wrist watch during black Friday and i've not receive it till now but I understand the situation because when I brought my DJ Home T.and my fridge, the delivery was not late at all
I like the way Nigerians jump into conclusion... I ordered HTC m9 and innjoo fire from them and they delivered within 3 days though I later returned the HTC m9... almost all online store in Nigeria was involved in black Friday... konga's own was yakata I bought my 32' TV from them cos it was cheaper than jumia and the DVD I bought was sold out already at jumia but they delivered the next day... the annoying part is that I got a mail already from jumia that my package is on its way to my house but it never came so I cald the delivery guy that brought my phone and he told me they haven't received any home theatre yet that maybe it would arrive that day.. till now the customer care that picked my call sent me a mail I don't know what am suppose to do with that... if they don't have logistics to handle black Friday then they should sleep na
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by OfficialIYANU(m): 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2015
Is this post in ENGLISH?
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by saintade01(m): 3:52pm On Dec 14, 2015
I got a brand new Dell laptop from Konga which I only used for one month. The motherboard got fried and I called konga, they said that is not their fault. On getting to computer village for repair, it was confirmed to me that the motherboard is one of the many fake boards out there so it can never last.

So op was right when he says they sell many fake products. My brother was victim of jumia too.
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by ipreach: 4:08pm On Dec 14, 2015
bunch of criminals
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Nelrulez(m): 5:16pm On Dec 14, 2015
ifyan:

2. Trade fair.
Now without wasting much of your time. This are what online stores do that you think are right

1. They are Wholesalers but sell higher than Retailers(are you surprised, then make enquire).
2. Some items you buy cheap online are either old one or given as gifts, charity etc.
3. Don’t be fooled by the discount because they are not fool to loose profit.
4. Old items but repackaged in a new box (you know what l mean).
5. Some products are not in the same grade with the original products (Quality Please).
6. Some are used as charity to some particular region but sold to you.
7. They are agents for companies from other countries.
8. They discourage Small scale and Medium Enterprise in an unknowingly way (this is a very complex issue which need a great understanding to the subject matter).
9. Welcome to the business world were you have to survive. So ..........

Note l am not discouraging online business or by from online or whatever you think. I am just passing out information to anyone everyone.

REMEMBER “INFORMATION IS POWER”

Nigerians be wise
Written by IfyAn

Twitter@naira usd
Online shopping is pure rubbish to me. I could remember ordering T-shirts from Kaymu and they ended delivering babariga suits. This is something I couldn't wear. I kept those T-shirts as souvenirs and remembrance for me not to mess with online shop.
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by adanny01(m): 5:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
silent10:

I dnt think u got @yseone point

He didnt get my point and his point was irrelevant to the thread. The point of the thread was made and he ignored that and he went to the matter which he doesnt have the details.

I believe he thought i made the order i knowing exactly how much it cost but collected more. What he does not know is that the money was part of a lot of others and had been with me a long time before drawn from their own research. I bought more things than i mentioned for friends and family.

I cant start explaining details which are not part of the thread.
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by adanny01(m): 5:37pm On Dec 14, 2015
Nelrulez:
Online shopping is pure rubbish to me. I could remember ordering T-shirts from Kaymu and they ended delivering babariga suits. This is something I couldn't wear. I kept those T-shirts as souvenirs and remembrance for me not to mess with online shop.

If Kaymu mixed your order, it doesnot mean Konga or Jumia will do same.
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Donpizzle(m): 6:14pm On Dec 14, 2015
missKiffy:
The prices of some goods in most online stores are higher than what you will get in the market.

not SOME goods buh MOST goods....well its what u get wen u choose to buy from d comfort of home..
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by ifyan(m): 6:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
Favolly:

What exactly is this first point saying?

To confirm my curiosity
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by ifyan(m): 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
suwalee:
you're so right won't forget the first nd last order I made online till date I didn't wear the shoe jst lying fallow

Thanks
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by ifyan(m): 6:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
Aremu01:

lol
u go fear social media bill

Be professional bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hubmart Omole: Inside The Hubmart Store Omole Branch (photos) / Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) / Why You Should Beware Of Unlicensed Online Small Loan Apps/websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.