Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About (26060 Views)

Some Things You Should Know About Online Shopping / Some Things You Should Know About Profiting From Drop-shipping Business!!! / Some Things I Have Learned So Far In Internet Marketing!!! You Need To See This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Pwhitelaw(m): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2015
I order for a 5kg bag of rice on konga for 3k using pay on delivery. I saw some bags of rice at a shop and I ask how much does 10kg cost and the guy said 2k..imagine losing one thousand on top 5kg and another on shipping.. Had to cancel the order..

1 Like

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by miqos02(m): 9:10pm On Dec 14, 2015
saintade01:
I got a brand new Dell laptop from Konga which I only used for one month. The motherboard got fried and I called konga, they said that is not their fault. On getting to computer village for repair, it was confirmed to me that the motherboard is one of the many fake boards out there so it can never last.

So op was right when he says they sell many fake products. My brother was victim of jumia too.
so you bought advanced fufu
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by ODUBEZE: 9:53pm On Dec 14, 2015
ifyan:

Thanks for the correction.
As for the suing better be on a safer side
They don't even know of your existence!
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by ifyan(m): 9:56pm On Dec 14, 2015
ODUBEZE:

They don't even know of your existence!

Accept
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by ODUBEZE: 10:00pm On Dec 14, 2015
ifyan:

Accept
lolz! guy your head dey there!
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by mikron(m): 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2015
adanny01:
I have bought a lot of cheap things online. Some are more costly in stores.

For example. I went to LG shopin Abj Banex plaza, a particular LG 49" LED tv cost about 115k.

The same tv in NEXT cash and carry had a price tag of 130k.

Jumia had a price tag of 108,995 plus delivery charge

Armed with a 2k voucher i got it for 106,995 plus delivery charge.

I saved 8k for myself since my parents gave me 115k for it.
that's d same TV I bought, got mine in shoprite apo Abuja for 120k. Nice TV
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Viktor1983(m): 11:59pm On Dec 14, 2015
Naturalle:

@OP - From your write-up, I observed the following;

1. You have been shopping for used items from deal sites and expecting them to come as 'brand new' (perhaps olx.com). Please note that deal sites are not the same as regular stores.
2. You are unaware of the existence of a 'Return Policy' which you can use whenever you are dissatisfied with a purchase.
3. You are unaware of the 'Convenience factor' online shopping provides. Its the alternative to moving from one market stall to another, lifting the heavy load whilst still worrying about transportation to your destination. Surely the paltry difference in price of an online store vs the offline alternative will not break the bank.
4. You are also unaware that online stores partner with local merchants to sell their products to customers. Contrary to your opinion of discouraging SME's, they open up wider distribution channels for the lace merchant who could only sell to customers that come to Balogun market to reach a customer as far as calabar.
5. Regarding the issue of quality that you raised, Online Stores have to provide the same warranties for a product that a regular store provides, trust me, you cannot be repackaging products and passing them off as originals when you have a RETURN POLICY that protects the customers.
6. Regarding profitability, it is a well known fact that most online stores in Nigeria are yet to 'break even' talkless of turning a profit. So yes, the discount is very real.

In a nutshell, your summations are uninformed.

Peace!

On point
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by lonelydora: 5:42am On Dec 15, 2015
missKiffy:
The prices of some goods in most online stores are higher than what you will get in the market.

I believe this OP. I bought some clothes and shoes for myself and wifey, was surprised when I saw it cheaper in a store. Same quality same material.
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Nelrulez(m): 6:14am On Dec 15, 2015
adanny01:

If Kaymu mixed your order, it doesnot mean Konga or Jumia will do same.
Well, you're bleeping right. Just that I don't want to get beaten twice.
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Aremu01(m): 6:44am On Dec 15, 2015
ifyan:

Be professional bro
get a sense of humour bro
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by adanny01(m): 7:10am On Dec 15, 2015
Nelrulez:
Well, you're bleeping right. Just that I don't want to get beaten twice.

My point is, when you make an order and select pay on delivery, you check the order before you pay or send the guy back.

The reason why i dont shop with Konga is that their price is never lesser than it is in the supermarket or where that item is sold. I have never seen one of thier product cheaper than what Jumia will give you. Lastly, Konda charges delivery for each item on the cart while Jumia has one charge for the lot. You may end up paying 5k as delivery for items that are worth less than the 5k on Konga but the option of pick up on Jumia kills it and makes it cheaper.

Jumia is the only online store in Naija, i am not their marketer or sort but by the number of things i have bought at unbeatable prices with free vouchers as bonus.
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by tosyne2much(m): 7:33am On Dec 15, 2015
lonelydora:

I believe this OP. I bought some clothes and shoes for myself and wifey, was surprised when I saw it cheaper in a store. Same quality same material.
Can you imagine !

1 Like

Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by ebukaumeh(m): 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
rafeelly:
no greater scan than black Friday... ordered for DJ stack home theatre from Jumia and TV set and DVD with some clothing from konga... konga delivered the next day except for the fact each item was delivered at rate of 3k thank God I ordered in bulk but jumia has refuse too deliver my product after how many weeks... cald their customer care and the agent said they would speed up the delivery. till now they are still yarning dust... then one need to research very well about the price of items... before black Friday Samsung A8 was 98k plus I wanted to order... I decided to wait till black Friday only for me to see 105k and they also wrote the previous Price was 115k... I couldn't close my mouth... make sure u confirm price in the market before you order to avoid stories that touch
grin grin grin
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Aremu01(m): 5:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
Re: Some Things Online Store Do Which We Don’t Know About by Nelrulez(m): 12:21am On Dec 18, 2015
adanny01:

My point is, when you make an order and select pay on delivery, you check the order before you pay or send the guy back.

The reason why i dont shop with Konga is that their price is never lesser than it is in the supermarket or where that item is sold. I have never seen one of thier product cheaper than what Jumia will give you. Lastly, Konda charges delivery for each item on the cart while Jumia has one charge for the lot. You may end up paying 5k as delivery for items that are worth less than the 5k on Konga but the option of pick up on Jumia kills it and makes it cheaper.

Jumia is the only online store in Naija, i am not their marketer or sort but by the number of things i have bought at unbeatable prices with free vouchers as bonus. Bro, I understand but the mistake I made was telling our maid to receive the package on my behalf.. I didn't hesitate in telling the customer care representative that they were fortunate that I wasn't at home to receive the package myself but one thing is certain, that they've already lost a customer and that I'll discourage as many as possible not to shop with them..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Online Sellers Refuse Shipping To Nigeria (Pic) / Hubmart Omole: Inside The Hubmart Store Omole Branch (photos) / Palm Oil Biz.. How I Lost My First Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.