Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,858 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (33505 Views)

Marketers Sell Petrol Above N145/L In 16 States (see the states) / Filling Stations In Awka Sell Petrol For N250 Per Litre / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
porka:

You people base your hope too much on magic.

Check the PPPRA's website, even if all oil are refined in Nigeria the pump price would still be above 80 naira per litre.

Education is better than wishful thinking.
the forces of supply and demand will force the price to as low as N50 and then scarcity of petroleum product will be thing of the past

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by banio: 12:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
Useless govt
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by obstead200(m): 12:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
Flets:
And zombies would this half news swallow hook, line and sinker.

How exactly would this govt predict prices after subsidy removal? Only the market forces will determine prices. The cabals who own the tank farms will continue to call the shots.

I hope the same sponsors and participants of Occupy 2012 will be on hand to repeat same. The height of hypocrisy is this geographical space called Nigeria is highly shameful.
@the bolded, I tire for this scam called APC. How can u remove subsidy and at the same time seek to regulate price? I 100% support subsidy removal but this system they want to adopt is bullshit.

As for the occupy 2012 rubbish, I hope the military will rise up to the occasion and crush any paid tout who will come out to protest against subsidy removal.
FYI, "occupy nigeria" was a sinister campaign sponsored by fraudulent petrol importers that frustrate jonathan's effort to restore sanity to this nation by removing the insanity called subsidy.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Saao(m): 1:28pm On Dec 15, 2015
We will not accept it. Power tarriff increment and now PMS? We will fight it with all we got. I'm not a politician so what do I enjoy from govt? God purnish all of them
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Reference(m): 1:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
ourema:
Hypocrisy is when you remove something you never believed believed to have existed.

Hypocrisy is when you shouted! Crucify GEJ! When he removed fuel subsidy the but hail PMB
for the intention to remove it

Its called eating your own dung but its long overdue. The things we see today takes most Nigerians months even years to realise.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by vickbaze: 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
Governor Adams Oshiomhole Stated His Reasons Of Removing Head of Service

READ FULL ARTICLE AT SOURCE:

Source:http://www.vickbaze.com/2015/12/15/governor-adams-oshiomhole-stated-his-reasons-of-removing-head-of-service/
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Skmoda360(m): 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
Realdeals:
Waste should be reduced by all means, if power supply is stable the noise over fuel prices will not be there.
what do you means by 'waste' or 'west'...fake human being.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by hopilo: 1:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
Standing5:
A dwindling Naira value has pushed fuel prices up in local market. Imagine the diff when 1$ changed for N165 and N260 that's some 35% increase as against some ~40% decrease intl oil prices. PDP really fùcked things up.
| | |
¤¤¤
to the guy below, Subsidy didn't exhist technically. Buhari never meant subsidy isn't in existence. It wasn't logical to carry on with it. Marketters were stealing from it and the same govt who put the marketers into relevance couldn't manage their excesses. Buhari was right.

Keep the blame game on
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by hopilo: 1:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
skidskid:

IGNORANCE is when you analyse something only at face value without @least getting some facts. DONT just try to think before you type ... try to GOOGLE what you think of typing .

in 2011 oil peaked at $100 pb. and on January 1 2012 GEJ New year msg was to tell us he was removing subsidy to reinvest in other sectors. btw 2012 n 2015 you tell me what impact sure-p has had in your life or someone. you know

this is 205 oil has dropped below $40 pb. the nation doesn't want to over borrow and become slaves to the white man this the primary aim is to generate income and reduce expenses. this it's a SOLID. reason to scrap subsidy.

Jonah's reason back then was to stop cabals and there was a probe , what has changed since then? be for jona left there was no fuel to the extent telecoms and banks were about to cut their business hours just to tell you in 6 Years GEJ has yet to stop our economy from being run by generating sets . lmao

better put hands on deck and do ur quota to help the country through this period by hustling hard , paying your taxes and ensuring every. politician is accountable instead of still deluding yourself that the past govt cared about us. *motherfckers never loved us!!!( (in drakes voice )
GEJ said it January, PMB announced it 3 weeks to January, pls is this 3 weeks difference that made you object subsidy removal in 2012?
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by nezer83: 2:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
May we call on David-west to justify the move of his boss.
I think we have a lot of problem in this country.
Have we considered that not just the price of crude oil is involved here. Crude oil is a mixture having so many particles that do undergo refining
We import this products and the Importers will have to pay for Freight, Customs taxes at both ends of the supply chain, then storage and offloading, plus profit margin. All the Logistics involved, and Nigeria as an importing country there is no way petrol will sell at N40 per litre.
Truth is Take away subsidy and petrol will sell for roughly N120 per litre.
In any case, Let Mr President apologies to Nigerians and the past government, then go ahead and remove the subsidy.
The time to get ride of this economic monster is now.

[b]There has been an ongoing national argument on the reality of the oil subsidy which some eminent Nigerians have refuted against. Former petroleum minister Prof Tam David West breaks down his analysis of the falsehood behind the fuel subsidy that has only enriched a few rich and selfish individuals in Nigeria. See insightful details.

1) One barrel of Crude oil = 42 gallons or 159 litres

2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed (combined)
capacity = 445,000 barrels per day

3) Actual refineries capacity due to ageing
equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500 barrels per day.

4) 133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres

5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) =
12millions litres

6) It means that even our MORIBOND refineries can actually meet our local consumption need of petroleum.

7) The cost structure of crude oil (i.e. Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production; – Findings / development – $3.5
– Production cost – $1.5
– Refining Cost – $12.6
– Pipeline/transportation – $1.5
– Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69
True cost of one litre of petroleum anywhere in Nigeria;
– Total sum cost = $34.8
– 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219
– Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k
– Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02
9) Let FGN refute the above composition and if not, they should tell us how they came about
N95/N85 litre.

10) Locally refined products cannot be sold at International price.

11) We really do not need FGN SUBSIDY as
there was NONE in the first place.

12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to enforce
LAW ON CORRUPTION.
Pls re-post until it gets to the right quarters
for their response; We still stand a chance as a
COUNTRY.

Analysis by Professor Tam David West, former
Petroleum Minister.

[/b]http://nigeriana.org/135485.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Jetheights+%28Jobemy+Nigeria%29
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ORAFA(m): 2:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
Tmaritas76:
2015-$100/barrel,2016-$38/barrel where is the change.

$62 of cause!!! And GEJ, Dasuki, NOI, Deziani, Dokpesi, etc are with it.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by jakiedudu(m): 2:33pm On Dec 15, 2015
Flets:
And zombies would this half news swallow hook, line and sinker.

How exactly would this govt predict prices after subsidy removal? Only the market forces will determine prices. The cabals who own the tank farms will continue to call the shots.

I hope the same sponsors and participants of Occupy 2012 will be on hand to repeat same. The height of hypocrisy is this geographical space called Nigeria is highly shameful.
Exactly! It's a pity they were against the removal of subsidy in the paste and the same people are now supporting it's removal.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
BLCO loaded cargo available ready for sale. 11/8$ .Marine ATB ready. Please contact ME ON 08127465565.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by 989900: 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
nezer83:
May we call on David-west to justify the move of his boss.
I think we have a lot of problem in this country.
Have we considered that not just the price of crude oil is involved here. Crude oil is a mixture having so many particles that do undergo refining
We import this products and the Importers will have to pay for Freight, Customs taxes at both ends of the supply chain, then storage and offloading, plus profit margin. All the Logistics involved, and Nigeria as an importing country there is no way petrol will sell at N40 per litre.
Truth is Take away subsidy and petrol will sell for roughly N120 per litre.
In any case, Let Mr President apologies to Nigerians and the past government, then go ahead and remove the subsidy.
The time to get ride of this economic monster is now.

There has been an ongoing national argument on the reality of the oil subsidy which some eminent Nigerians have refuted against. Former petroleum minister Prof Tam David West breaks down his analysis of the falsehood behind the fuel subsidy that has only enriched a few rich and selfish individuals in Nigeria. See insightful details.

1) One barrel of Crude oil = 42 gallons or 159 litres

2) Our Refineries (i.e 4) Installed (combined)
capacity = 445,000 barrels per day

3) Actual refineries capacity due to ageing
equipment = 30% i.e. 133,500 barrels per day.

4) [b]133,500 barrels = 21.2 million litres

5) Local required consumption (F.O.S) =
12millions litres

6) It means that even our MORIBOND refineries can actually meet our local consumption need of petroleum.

7) The cost structure of crude oil (i.e. Qua Iboe Crude Oil) production; – Findings / development – $3.5
– Production cost – $1.5
– Refining Cost – $12.6
– Pipeline/transportation – $1.5
– Distr/bridging fund Margin -$15.69
True cost of one litre of petroleum anywhere in Nigeria;
– Total sum cost = $34.8
– 1ltr cost = $34.8/159 litres = $0.219
– Naira equiv. 0.219xN160= N35.02k
– Add Tax N5 + N35.02 = N40.02
9) Let FGN refute the above composition and if not, they should tell us how they came about
N95/N85 litre.

10) Locally refined products cannot be sold at International price.

11) We really do not need FGN SUBSIDY as
there was NONE in the first place.

12) What is LACKING, is the WILL to enforce
LAW ON CORRUPTION.
Pls re-post until it gets to the right quarters
for their response; We still stand a chance as a
COUNTRY.

Analysis by Professor Tam David West, former
Petroleum Minister.

[/b]http://nigeriana.org/135485.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Jetheights+%28Jobemy+Nigeria%29

21.2 million litres of crude or refined products, is not equal to 21.2 million litres of PMS.

However, 445,000 barrels of crude can give you between 22-28 million litres of PMS depending . . .

That said, if we refine locally, with a little stronger Naira, N50/litre or less is quite doable!

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Alezy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
drnoel:
Looks like the sleeping president has finally woke
wetin wan wake am?? that guy will be sleeping for 4 years.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by jakiedudu(m): 2:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
Kingy10:
.i don't still understand how u guys use ur brain to reason, when ur in politics
2012 January 1, gej increased removed subsidy, a liter was sold for N140, before it was reduced to 97, the aim of removing it was to build a refinery in Nigeria, yet throughout the 3 yrs+ gej used, we didn't see any sign of refinery
pls, tell me how u reason, i don't still understand your stupid comment
People like u that supports GEJ even after his downfall, it seems ur in a way connected to the money embezzled during gej's regime
Now that PMB is planning to remove fuel subsidy, are the refineries working? Efforts to repair the refineries had been on since Obasanjo's tenure to no avail. GEJ knowing the real state of all the nations refineries new that nothing much will be achieved if he attempt to fix them, hence opted for Total Subsidy removal to allow market forces determine price of fuel, but was hindered by misinform Nigerians. If fuel subsidy was removed since 2012, Nigerians would have been enjoying a reduction of fuel pump price via falling international crude oil prices by now. Just yesterday internatioal crude oil price fell to all time low to $35 per barel. How many litres do you think makes up a barel of oil? Do the math, fuel price today would have hovered below N60 per litre.
You can see from the admition of Kachikwu (whom himself made a case for all the refineries to be disposed through selling and was rejected by PMB) that the nations refineries are far from being fixed. These refineries are all obsolete. Fixing them will result in waste of funds.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by pimpo: 3:27pm On Dec 15, 2015
adegeye38:

it wont because we are not refining the oil that we use we are importing it, i mean buying it , that where the issue of subsidy came in place
If the cost of the raw material changes, the cost of the finished product also changes. The cost of processing and transportation won't vary considerably. Hence, since there has been a 50-60% decrease in the crude price, there should at least a 30-40% reduction in the landing cost of PMS and this should have eliminated the subsidy FG has been paying.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by mandarin: 3:30pm On Dec 15, 2015
GEJ could not had removed subsidy considering the cost of a barrel of crude in the market as at the time. Even the enormous amount of income generated by the country from sales of oil are now been revealed as utter wastage, what a shame. To many of you that think Buhari should solve Nigeria's problem in 7months, how much does it take you to solve yopur corporate problem talk less of a whole nation, mschewww for you.

If am on Buhari's advisory I will suggest the following:
1. Remove subsidy and immediately privatize all the refineries with MOU of six month in getting them to produce
2. Position NNPC as the sole importer for that 6months so that marketers do not undermine the process
3. Offer new licensing regime for small capacity(modular) refineries
4. Allow private pipeline companies to take their footings
5. Shelve the =N500billion for welfare for now and channel that to stimulating the economy through supporting of entrepreneurial growth, youths corp member empowerment and funding innovation aside budgeting for roads and housing infrastructures.
6. Reduce cost of governance by organizing a summit of key political stakeholders to commit to 50% cut on all allowances including the National and State Assemblies.
7. Intensify recovery of stolen funds by ALL MEANS necessary and prosecute offenders, this will go hand in hand with judiciary reforms.
8. Focus on reducing government borrowing. I will advise the sack of the CBN governor who looking at all the allegations of funds transfer from CBN is compromised and restrict importations of some goods to cut down unnnesary stress on the Naira
9. I will use the Charles Logan formula( see 24 hours serie) either get my job done or quit.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by swiffy(f): 3:38pm On Dec 15, 2015
This man is really confused,I can c hardship ahead. well may God c us through.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Hakagure: 3:45pm On Dec 15, 2015
Most Arab countries are doing this also. Kuwait just announced a similar move this month... It will relieve pressure on the naira also.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Kingy10: 4:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
jakiedudu:
Now that PMB is planning to remove fuel subsidy, are the refineries working? Efforts to repair the refineries had been on since Obasanjo's tenure to no avail. GEJ knowing the real state of all the nations refineries new that nothing much will be achieved if he attempt to fix them, hence opted for Total Subsidy removal to allow market forces determine price of fuel, but was hindered by misinform Nigerians. If fuel subsidy was removed since 2012, Nigerians would have been enjoying a reduction of fuel pump price via falling international crude oil prices by now. Just yesterday internatioal crude oil price fell to all time low to $35 per barel. How many litres do you think makes up a barel of oil? Do the math, fuel price today would have hovered below N60 per litre.
You can see from the admition of Kachikwu (whom himself made a case for all the refineries to be disposed through selling and was rejected by PMB) that the nations refineries are far from being fixed. These refineries are all obsolete. Fixing them will result in waste of funds.
you said it all bro, but wasting money to build fix them would have been better than transporting to other countries u know?......so far it's functioning
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Innomach(m): 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
Standing5:
A dwindling Naira value has pushed fuel prices up in local market. Imagine the diff when 1$ changed for N165 and N260 that's some 35% increase as against some ~40% decrease intl oil prices. PDP really fùcked things up.
| | |
¤¤¤
to the guy below, Subsidy didn't exhist technically. Buhari never meant subsidy isn't in existence. It wasn't logical to carry on with it. Marketters were stealing from it and the same govt who put the marketers into relevance couldn't manage their excesses. Buhari was right.

No sir, petroleum marketers do not buy the dollars from the parallel market but officially from CBN at N198 per dollar.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by 4C2215131: 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2015
porka:

Every time you armchair analysts do your mumbo jumbo analyses you end up looking pathetic.

You have been making conjectures since Buhari came in and then end up going offline every time yet you won't stop.

Crude oil is not selling at an all time low price. It's selling at $36-$38 per barrel currently and those are not all time low prices in any way. Crude oil once sold for $8 per barrel during Shagari's administration.

'Ideally' does not explain the economics of fuel pump price. PPPRA's calculations are different from your own 'ideally' conjecture.

And if Buhari's government knows that fuel price should be below N87 it would have reduced it long ago. Buhari would have been the first person to announce it to the world.

Why are you people too eager to deceive yourselves? Even what Buhari is not thinking about, you will attribute to him. Is that not foolishness?

Haba! You could have educated me without all the insinuated insults now? Well, maybe you are mistaking me with someone else with regards to Buhari. Why all the anger in your post. I am very non-partisan when it comes to politics, giving it to Jonathan, Buhari or whomever that deserves it (praises or criticism however misplaced my views may be as no man holds monopoly over knowledge).

You made some valid points (arguable by the way) but, I refrain from engaging you further as from your retort to my post, I doubt if you will discuss without casting aspersions and throwing insults. So you win, greetings!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Meet 12 ‘unusual’ Reps Who Will Be Missed In 9th House (photos) / Fashola And Sanwo-olu Commissions Power Project In Lagos State. PICTURES. / Army Transfers Corporal Martins To Sokoto For Secret Arraignment Before Martial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.