Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,262 members, 7,811,731 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church - Culture (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church (87059 Views)

Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) / Oyinbo People Greet Ooni Ogunwusi At A Get-Together In New York.Pics / I’ve No Apology Kneeling To Worship God – Ooni (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by sjahdey: 5:46am On Dec 17, 2015
sonOfLucifer:

ANd the story that a man that died for claiming nonsense 2000 years ago in some village in the Middle east is your saviour is not enslavement?

What if Jesus died in Africa
Born of a carpenter
Welcomed by three dibias
With cowries, yams and talismans

Faraway from Mecca
And closer to Abuja,
Aso Rock, his path on Passover

His cross made of rafia
Stoned with mounds of eba
Alomo passed to him as his soul crossed over

But Jesus didnt die in Africa
No eba was stoned at Golgotha
The son of David had no idea whatsoever
That there was a land called Africa.

God that didn't save himself from three nails 2000 years ago and hasn't come back since will save me from what?

HE didn't save all the Christians and Muslims Boko Haram killed in the North. HE didn't destroy the Boko Haram that was supposedly 'spoiling' His Name. Can you see how stupid your God is. Look at all the prayers and tithes and pilgrimage and time Nigerians spend on 'God' business every year and see where we are... Nansenz.. grin grin

Your cars, your phones, your language, your books do not reflect you. You fight for the Gods of the Jews and Arabs. You kill yourself in the name of Allah and Yahweh. And destroy the temples of Chukwu, Olodumare. You insult Esu by calling Him Lucifer. You insult Ekwensu, the great god of war and craftiness, by equating him with Yahweh's archenemy Lucifer. You are deranged, your history is broken, that is why your present is a miserable existence.

Word bro, word!

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by bayinq25(m): 6:13am On Dec 17, 2015
phemmyutd:
Many Nigerians have taken to the social media to express their disgust at the action of the newly-crowned Ooni of Ife who was pictured kneeling in a church. They say it is an affront and rubbishing of the traditional African religion which he is supposed to defend, practise and uphold. On the flip side, some others have blasted him for mixing Christianity with traditional African religions. ‘

‘The Queen of England from the lands who brought you Christianity doesn’t kneel in the church of England nor does she kneel for the god or Jesus, but the Ooni of Ife, a sacred lineage and position that preceded that of England, preceded Christianity now feels the need to insult our culture, people, intelligence and dignity by kneeling in some church! This is just disgusting!”- Teekay Arabambi Akin

http://i1.wp.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ooni-Of-Ife-Blasted-For-Kneeling-In-Church.jpg
Who created him?abeg na kings of kings he they kneel for...
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by RoninSignals: 6:34am On Dec 17, 2015
The ooni is the 2nd in command to the 365 deities worshipped in ile- Ife . I am very sure the king makers wld disagree with that . The truth is he is no longer a Christian he now belongs to the gods. obas and obis are nt meant for devout Christians , is either you choose heaven or hell , and they have chosen one

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by patrickgeddes: 6:51am On Dec 17, 2015
he belivd that there is another superior king
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Cyberfavour(m): 7:35am On Dec 17, 2015
sweetpies:

Hummm la end time blasting

abi bomb blast and everything

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by plaetton: 7:35am On Dec 17, 2015
Samuelkirk:
who is worshipping a dead stuff here me or U? Jesus is alive for ever and ever

Lol.

And so is the Toothfairy.

Deluded clowns.

3 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Ujupsy: 7:38am On Dec 17, 2015
To whom much is given,much is expected,I expect him to do much more portrait, n roll for the king of kings
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:57am On Dec 17, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.

Deluded clowns.

Have you said your prayers to void yet ?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by pstboi: 8:13am On Dec 17, 2015
He is simply showing respect to GOD ALMIGHTY who made him king over his people. his life is in GOD"s hand and he can take his life without any excuse
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by PopsiAde: 9:02am On Dec 17, 2015
OgundeleT:

dead jew man that was killed with just two nails can never be greater than our living king

Are you alright?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by uxkeyboy(m): 10:42am On Dec 17, 2015
Wat u don't knw is dat! Christainity is more than a religion! It Is jesus living in you! It is a reletionship feloship! A personal tinz
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Samuelkirk(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
Deluded clowns.
Receive Christ now or U regret it later
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by plaetton: 10:53am On Dec 17, 2015
Samuelkirk:
Receive Christ now or U regret it later

Receive the Toothfairy now and get your $4.

2 Likes

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Samuelkirk(m): 11:06am On Dec 17, 2015
plaetton:

Receive the Toothfairy now and get your $4.
not funny
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by plaetton: 11:15am On Dec 17, 2015
Samuelkirk:
not funny
It's not funny dude.

As reported by a joint study of Forbes Magazine and Visa International, a recent survey found that the TOOTHFAIRY gives an average of $4 to children every year.

Even Jesus can't match that. In fact, believing in Jesus might make you 10% poorer , if you are a victim of the Tithe extortion racket.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by zynzyn(m): 11:45am On Dec 17, 2015
phemmyutd:
Many Nigerians have taken to the social media to express their disgust at the action of the newly-crowned Ooni of Ife who was pictured kneeling in a church. They say it is an affront and rubbishing of the traditional African religion which he is supposed to defend, practise and uphold. On the flip side, some others have blasted him for mixing Christianity with traditional African religions. ‘

‘The Queen of England from the lands who brought you Christianity doesn’t kneel in the church of England nor does she kneel for the god or Jesus, but the Ooni of Ife, a sacred lineage and position that preceded that of England, preceded Christianity now feels the need to insult our culture, people, intelligence and dignity by kneeling in some church! This is just disgusting!”- Teekay Arabambi Akin

http://i1.wp.com/.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Ooni-Of-Ife-Blasted-For-Kneeling-In-Church.jpg

The ppl who coronated him should have known his beliefs! Not our biz!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Samuelkirk(m): 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
plaetton:

It's not funny dude.

As reported by a joint study of Forbes Magazine and Visa International, a recent survey found that the TOOTHFAIRY gives an average of $4 to children every year.

Even Jesus can't match that. In fact, believing in Jesus might make you 10% poorer , if you are a victim of the Tithe extortion racket.
see how senseless U are U dnt know what you are saying.. childish brain
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by plaetton: 2:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
Samuelkirk:
see how senseless U are U dnt know what you are saying.. childish brain
If you think I am just jesting, then kindly read this link :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2015/08/17/tooth-fairy-deflation-average-payout-per-tooth-drops-to-3-19/

I await your apology.
undecided
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by kihemeje96(f): 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
Please bloggers, not everything everybody says is worthy of coverage. This person's opinion of the Ooni's action write up should not not even have covered at all!!!!!!
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Samuelkirk(m): 3:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
plaetton:

If you think I am just jesting, then kindly read this link :

http://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2015/08/17/tooth-fairy-deflation-average-payout-per-tooth-drops-to-3-19/

I await your apology.
undecided
read shit
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by tpiar: 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
kihemeje96:
Please bloggers, not everything everybody says is worthy of coverage. This person's opinion of the Ooni's action write up should not not even have covered at all!!!!!!

thanks for pointing that out.

but, do they know this?

perhaps they are simply being mischievous.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by macof(m): 8:16pm On Dec 17, 2015
Image123:

Yes, many. He(the Ooni) answers to the governor of Osun State, the President of Nigeria, and his God. There are also more higher and powerful monarchs than him all over the world. The fact that i am the king of my village does not mean that there is no higher king than me, that's what you are saying. That's baseless as it is unreasonable and it is not on faith.

Similarly the fact that Jehova is god of christianity doesn't mean there's no Deity higher than him

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Image123(m): 8:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
ifenes:

Ok,who is the higher king to the oni of ife?
For one, President of Nigeria is higher than him.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Image123(m): 8:45pm On Dec 17, 2015
macof:

Similarly the fact that Jehova is god of christianity doesn't mean there's no Deity higher than him

Of course, all we need to know is who that is.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by tpiar: 8:33am On Dec 18, 2015
It can't be Nigerians who are complaining about such, there is nothing unusual about a traditional ruler going to church.

Any Nigerian making noise about this, has lost touch with his or her roots or never knew them to begin with.
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Etizz: 1:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
There's a king above all kings....

Dats exactly who he is kneeling for....

Not human.....
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by macof(m): 2:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
Image123:

Of course, all we need to know is who that is.

Are you Igbo? If so look to Chukwu
Are you Yoruba? Look to Olodumare
Bottom line, you don't need jews or europeans to know ur own creator
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by macof(m): 2:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
tpiar:
It can't be Nigerians who are complaining about such, there is nothing unusual about a traditional ruler going to church.

Any Nigerian making noise about this, has lost touch with his or her roots or never kneuw them to begin with.

Shut ur mouth.
If these aren't Nigerians who are they? Look who's talking about roots. .
Is it right for a traditional ruler to leave traditions and go after foreign deities?

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by babatee94(m): 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
people won't just shut up and mind their own business. what the the king is trying to do is not just to disrespect the tradition but to honour His Creator who is the alpha and omega, the king of kings.......period.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Tequilah: 10:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
macof:
Shut ur mouth.
If these aren't Nigerians who are they? Look who's talking about roots. .
Is it right for a traditional ruler to leave traditions and go after foreign deities?

Free the man, jare! The man has gone to give thanks to his God in the most simple way, he thinks is appropriate. Religion is a personal thing, between a man and God. Let the so-called traditions remove him, if they have the power to do so! mtcheew....
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by Image123(m): 10:48pm On Dec 18, 2015
macof:

Are you Igbo? If so look to Chukwu Are you Yoruba? Look to Olodumare Bottom line, you don't need jews or europeans to know ur own creator
i know my Creator, do you know yours?
Re: Ooni Ogunwusi Blasted For Kneeling In Church by macof(m): 10:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
Image123:

i know my Creator, do you know yours?

You don't know nothing. A mental slave like urself is spiritually dead
An African calling a dead jew his creator... you can't get intellectually, spiritually, socially lower than this

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Names Of Animal In Efik/ibibio / Eredo, Ijebu - The World's Largest Man-made Structure / Adesoji Aderemi: Rolls-royce Of Late Ooni Of Ife On Display At OAU Convocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.