Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,624 members, 7,820,210 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

How To Determine Your Safe And Unsafe Period Within A 28 Days Menstrual Cycle - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Determine Your Safe And Unsafe Period Within A 28 Days Menstrual Cycle (886 Views)

Different Girls On Their Menstrual Cycle (period) (meme Collection) / The 3 stages that determine the outcome of any romantic affair. / "Help, My Boyfriend Licks My Menstrual Blood" - Nigerian Lady Cries Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Determine Your Safe And Unsafe Period Within A 28 Days Menstrual Cycle by olisasegun(m): 4:29pm On Dec 16, 2015
Menstrual cycle is the process of ovulation and menstruation in women. It Starts from the first day you see your menses and ends the day before you see the next one. it is usually 28days, though it varies in some individuals.

Knowledge of safe and unsafe period helps;

1) to avoid sex when you don't want pregnancy

2) and more importantly, when to have sex to achieve pregnancy

For better understand of this discussion, let familiarise our self with some specific terms.

For this to work you must know the number of days in your cycle.

In achieving a pregnancy, a fertilisation has to take place which is a formation of zygote from an interaction between spermatozoa and egg/ovum after sex.

Unsafe period; this is define as days in your cycle that you can achieve pregnancy with unprotected sexual intercourse.

Safe period; this is define as days in your cycle that you can not achieve pregnancy with unprotected sexual intercourse.

Life span of a viable spermatozoa is 48 hours.

Life span of a viable ovum/egg is 24 hours.

What this means is that egg must be released within 48 hours of ejaculation and a couple must have sex within 24 hours of ovulation for pregnancy to occur.

Ovulation (release of egg/ovum) occurs on day 14 ( starting from the first day of your cycle). However, because ovary responses to certain hormones from the brain for ovulation to occur, time of egg release is variable. it can be released 2 days plus or minus day 14. In other words; ovulation can occur in any of days 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 in a 28 days menstrual cycle.

I mentioned ealier that spermatozoa can be viable for 48 hours, therefore, sex on day 10 will result in possible pregnancy if egg is released on day 12.

Equally sex on day 17, will lead to possible pregnancy if egg is released on day16 because the egg will be viable till day 17.

Therefore the true unsafe period is from day 10 to 17 in a 28 days menstrual cycle.

For the couples praying to God for pregnancy, you must have unprotected sexual intercourse at lease 3 times in alternate days within this period.

However, for those who want to avoid pregnancy, please abstain from sex during this period.

Warning; this is for women with 28 days menstrual cycle.

Source; http://olisasegun..com.ng/2015/12/how-to-determine-your-safe-and-unsafe.html
Re: How To Determine Your Safe And Unsafe Period Within A 28 Days Menstrual Cycle by olisasegun(m): 7:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
I can help if your cycle is not 28 days. All you need to do is to pm me
Re: How To Determine Your Safe And Unsafe Period Within A 28 Days Menstrual Cycle by Pweedyfaszy(f): 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nyce1...

(1) (Reply)

Goodness!! I Actually Didn't Believe It Myself Until I Saw It . See What He Did! / 19 Signs She Isnt The One For You / Lessons I Learnt From The Current Debacle Between Davido And Sophie.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.