Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,481 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

What Country Do You Come From? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Country Do You Come From? (2793 Views)

How Did You Come About Nl? / What Is The Most Funny Name You Come Across? / What Country Do You Come From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Country Do You Come From? by adesodgi(m): 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2005
u are welcoming munyasia,wen he's the one to welcome u..the guy has bin on naira since may,wen did you register ?november? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by angeljoo(f): 4:58am On Nov 30, 2005
Hello everyone, im from England and hoping to join in chat forums occasionally Regards.. Karen :- smiley[color=#770077][/color]
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by WesleyanA(f): 5:02am On Nov 30, 2005
welcome to NL, karen. cheesy

i heard it rains everyday in england. i know it's not true but it does rain a lot over there.
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:21am On Nov 30, 2005
hmm!!who yarn you dat rubbish wesleyanA?it doesn't rain everyday in england oo!!,just sometimes,everyday ke!well it depends on the place in England you talking about.
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Z4M4eva(f): 10:22am On Nov 30, 2005
@ Adesodgi,shush!!! lipsrsealed
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Destiny6(f): 8:28pm On Dec 10, 2005
I'm from South Africa, but i live in the UK.
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Z4M4eva(f): 4:42pm On Dec 11, 2005
It's a bit obvious rolleyes, the question was "What Country Do You Come From?"
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by WesleyanA(f): 10:46pm On Dec 11, 2005
Z4M4eva:

hmm!!who yarn you that rubbish wesleyanA?it doesn't rain everyday in england oo!!,just sometimes,everyday ke!well it depends on the place in England you talking about.

i know. . . . i was speaking figuratively. cool

Z4M4eva:

It's a bit obvious rolleyes, the question was "What Country Do You Come From?"

what was obvious? undecided
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 11, 2005
blah blah blah
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by WesleyanA(f): 10:56pm On Dec 11, 2005
hghj69hgj blah kc!! hehe
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by nferyn(m): 11:01pm On Dec 11, 2005
Dites-moi WesleyanA, ton sig, pourquoi est-il en français? Est-ce que tu as quelquepart des racines françaises?
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by WesleyanA(f): 11:07pm On Dec 11, 2005
i take french at school so je parle francais un peu. just a little!

You speak french! cool! i actually want to do the foreign exchange program thing to paris when i get to college. that's how much i love french!

nferyn:

Dites-moi WesleyanA, ton sig, pourquoi est-il en français? Est-ce que tu as quelquepart des racines françaises?

i actually understood that!! cheesy
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Destiny6(f): 11:14pm On Dec 11, 2005
Parlez-vous le français fréquemment alors ?
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by WesleyanA(f): 11:16pm On Dec 11, 2005
non, a l'ecole seulement.
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by nike4luv(f): 11:17pm On Dec 11, 2005
oui je parle le francais.. grin
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by nferyn(m): 11:19pm On Dec 11, 2005
Actually, my spoken french is considerably better than my written french. French grammar is way too complicated. French is the second language in Belgium and it is spoken by the majority of people in Brussels. As I work in Brussels, I have to adapt to a certain degree. wink

WesleyanA:

You speak french! cool! i actually want to do the foreign exchange program thing to paris when i get to college. that's how much i love french!
Go for it. Should be fun, but you should expect the Parisians to be a little snobby when it comes to their language. After all, they have the Académie Française guarding the correct evolution of the French language, vigorously protecting it from English influences.

WesleyanA:

i actually understood that!! cheesy

Good. smiley Maybe we can try something a little more difficult next time grin
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by WesleyanA(f): 11:23pm On Dec 11, 2005
i see. Destiny and Nike speak french too! cool.

nferyn:

they have the Académie Française guarding the correct evolution of the French language, vigorously protecting it from English influences.

i learned about that too. Yves Costeau is in it along with the top literary figures in France.  cheesy
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Destiny6(f): 11:27pm On Dec 11, 2005
Its Destiny, Lol
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by WesleyanA(f): 11:29pm On Dec 11, 2005
sorry Destiny,  cheesy
it's kind of confusing. we have a Disney on here too!
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Destiny6(f): 11:31pm On Dec 11, 2005
Oh refroidir, est la France où vous provenez de ou vous avez appris la langue quelque part Nike ?
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Destiny6(f): 11:32pm On Dec 11, 2005
Ok, its kool smiley
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by WesleyanA(f): 11:34pm On Dec 11, 2005
je pense que Nike << learns it embarassed>> a l'ecole aussi. Elle habite en Britain.
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Seun(m): 11:35pm On Dec 11, 2005
Let's create a french thread, then. wink
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by nferyn(m): 11:40pm On Dec 11, 2005
WesleyanA:

i learned about that too. Yves Costeau is in it along with the top literary figures in France. cheesy

Yes, but they go too far:

puce, méga-octet, souris, ordinateur, imprimante, courriel (I actually like that one for e-mail), ... while the rest of the world just borrows the english words for computer terms, heck, even the Germans do grin This makes it quite impossible for me to read computer magazines in French.

Some advice if you really want to improve your French, get yourself a subscription to the daily Le Monde and force yourself to read at least 3 pages from it every day. Once your're comfortable reading Le Monde, move over to Libération, which uses a more literary language. Not only will you improve your French, but their journalism is lightyears ahead of what is considered journalism in the US (sorry for the possible offense)
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by nferyn(m): 11:41pm On Dec 11, 2005
WesleyanA:

je pense que Nike << learns it embarassed>> a l'ecole aussi. Elle habite en Britain.
Elle est en train [i]d'apprendre [/i]le français.

Seun, maybe just move this derail to a new thread smiley
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by nferyn(m): 11:47pm On Dec 11, 2005
-Destiny-:

Oh refroidir, est la France où vous provenez de ou vous avez appris la langue quelque part Nike ?
La France, est-elle l'endroit d'où vous provenez où avez-vous appris la langue quelque part d'autre, Nike

(notice: a limited liability is applicable on the quality of my corrections. they are provided free of charge and (as we say in dutch), you shouldn't look a given horse in the mouth)
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by WesleyanA(f): 11:52pm On Dec 11, 2005
nferyn:

Some advice if you really want to improve your French, get yourself a subscription to the daily Le Monde and force yourself to read at least 3 pages from it every day.

Do you know how i could suscribe? Is it a paid suscription? embarassed
i went on the site and it's so confusing!
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by nferyn(m): 12:04am On Dec 12, 2005
This link should help you on your way. It's a paid subscription, but there's enough info on the free pages to help you on your way. Once you're comfortable enough in French, you may consider to move on to a paid subscription.
The reason I mention Le Monde is because their language is fairly standard, not too much slang, wordplays or very colloquial language.

http://www.lemonde.fr/abojournal/offre_etranger_zoneN3.htm?pays_num=206
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by nike4luv(f): 1:05am On Dec 12, 2005
je parle le francais aussi
@ wesley..oui j'apprende le francais a mon college
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by Oracle(m): 1:21am On Dec 12, 2005
HEY IM FROM
WHERE AM I FROM AGAIN rolleyes rolleyes rolleyes
OMO I DON 4GET OH
ANYWAY RIGHT NOW IM SOMEWHERE BETWEEN HEAVEN AND EARTH
AND ITZ SO BEAUTIFUL UP HERE
Re: What Country Do You Come From? by mamba(m): 2:05am On Dec 12, 2005
i guess you're inside an aircraft..

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need To Link Up With An Importer Of Safety Matches / Guys On Nairaland Posing As Hausa / A Woman's Worst Fear:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.