Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) (32961 Views)

Nigerian Man Proposes To His Chinese Girlfriend In China (Photos) / Nigerian Man Proposes To Yvonne Khamati, Kenyan Ambassador To Somalia / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Through A Billboard In Lagos (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by fpeter(f): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2015
it does..
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by cyprus000: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2015
dmola:
I like her sincerity thou, that shows hw age changes one mind set especially Nigerian ladies

meanwhile nairaland babes cnt do such

[size=13pt]
The emboldeded: I think you need to visit "dating and meet up zone".

All those their forming is just facade.
[/size]
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by teemy(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2015
I never proposed. I find it awkward to have a man ask the question "will you marry me?" after they have been together after so many years. What was the purpose of courtship if not marriage or were they both playing with time? biko!

We both knew what we wanted from day one.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by electron: 9:37am On Dec 17, 2015
desperado
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Usjimy(m): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2015
After spending the better part of their life eating lots of nkwobi...them no mind ice fish now undecided
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Praisekizz(m): 9:38am On Dec 17, 2015
Mgbeke
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by stylesfads: 9:39am On Dec 17, 2015
hmmm
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by drnoel: 9:40am On Dec 17, 2015
Confessng:
I smell DESPERATION , for this statement if I were your guy nah i will bury the ring at the beach ask you to be looking for it , till u find it we never engage
k

Guy ur point of view. Besides why must the guy be the one to propose? Ask urself that then see for urself it's not desperation. She just they speak her mind.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by sunny4life(m): 9:40am On Dec 17, 2015
sickstars:
I support the girl throw it i will catch the wedding is about us our life time together even if he ask me to dig the ground dats whr d ring is i wud dig and take d ring

i hate loud propsals i admire wen i see but i don't want one for mysef i can actually walk out true talk

My best proposal as i will always say is puting d ring on my finger while i'm asleep drop a note hand written nd hints too like d first note cud give an hint of whr d next note is like dat like dat til i get d last note sayin check ur finger will u marry me shocked

Wen i av already done grin
hmmm.....me too don't like loud proposals......I think I will use this style.....thanks for the idea
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by refiner(f): 9:43am On Dec 17, 2015
yes,,,,it matters oo,I Wil Lov d ring to be made up of diamonds,I Wil luv my man to kneel down wif both kneels nd kiss my hands as he put it on my finger,wif tears in his eyes.........

in my dreams tho embarassed
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Cleanboi: 9:47am On Dec 17, 2015
Bitch.
Na una dey select men to marry.
Most pussy smell n they can't cook or clean.
Bitch
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Rozan10: 9:47am On Dec 17, 2015
twoondei:
Stop collecting rings in your dream. Na why e no dey come real life.

Sharpen yourcooking skills, be more courteous, most importantly, PACKAGE!!! no matter how small or big you matter be, package am well.
Men go show ,

Abegi!! after all these things and even More, the broda will still cheat after 3years of being "happily married"

1 Like

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by dmola(m): 9:47am On Dec 17, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt] The emboldeded: I think you need to visit "dating and meet up zone".
[/size]

recommend one?
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by flokii: 9:48am On Dec 17, 2015
grin

see frustration... blame PDP
they've contributed so much to our ladies predicament
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by dmola(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2015
cyprus000:
[size=13pt] The emboldeded: I think you need to visit "dating and meet up zone".
[/size]

recommend one bt olosho site like bado n co
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by dmola(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2015
cyprus000:
[/size]

recommend one bt nt olosho site like bado n co
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by sam90s(m): 9:48am On Dec 17, 2015
Confessng:
I smell DESPERATION , for this statement if I were your guy nah i will bury the ring at the beach ask you to be looking for it , till u find it we never engage

She made it quite obvious and the best you can do is 'smell'?
I guess if your crush feed you a daily dose of smiles and ask what's your plan when you're free and even give you her number to call her.........and so on, you might be thinking: Oh! I suspect she MIGHT like me grin
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by eniolorunopa1: 9:49am On Dec 17, 2015
I think she is being honest, time waits for no one, however God time is the best. marriage is a life time contract
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by sam90s(m): 9:51am On Dec 17, 2015
Its strange though, but this level of humour+confidence appeals to me a lot.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 17, 2015
It's not always about the time in a ladies life (age), there are people that hate all that fanfare. I happen to fall in that category, no engagement party, bridal shower, baby shower... I am boring like that.

C'mon, we've been together for months/years... what was I expecting? A burial invitation? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 17, 2015
sunny4life:

hmmm.....me too don't like loud proposals......I think I will use this style.....thanks for the idea
smiley she would love it trust me
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by DrewMX(m): 9:54am On Dec 17, 2015
Saheed9:
After playing hard to get for many years.
Guy, u get my point jare
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 9:57am On Dec 17, 2015
Confessng:
I smell DESPERATION , for this statement if I were your guy nah i will bury the ring at the beach ask you to be looking for it , till u find it we never engage.

Throwing and burying both sides of a coin..

The drama of a proposal isn't about the proposal itself its about something to remember when the chips are down to give you the gusto to keep believing in the love you shared when he dey hot.

If you check it now nah yoruba girl,that's why most yoruba marriages are meta epini.

When you refuse to place value on yourself who will? Throw it at me ko slap me in the face ni
undecided

You dey watch NAIJA movies too much
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by queenfav(f): 9:58am On Dec 17, 2015
I love the babe abeg,she is too real.Its better to focus on the marriage than making a fuss about how he proposes.The most important thing is your happiness.

1 Like

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by queenfav(f): 9:59am On Dec 17, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
It's not about the time in a ladies life (age), there are people that hate all that fanfare. I happen to fall in that category, no engagement party, bridal shower, baby shower... I am boring like that.

C'mon, we've been together for months/years... what was I expecting? A burial invitation? undecided
babe chop knuckle..My fiance didnt do all that jare and the world hasn't stopped!Na e parents even help am propose to me..I know he will definitely do the official proposal o,cos he like those mushy stuff even pass shakespeare!!hehehehe.I would like a very quiet wedding ceremony,no time to kill 5 cows to feed Nigeria.If I had my way I would have done only registry marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by AfroKnight: 10:05am On Dec 17, 2015
Lol. I like this lady.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by APRIDE(m): 10:07am On Dec 17, 2015
IamChuzzy:
I concur!!! A time comes in a woman's life when all the unnecessary fanfare over proposal takes the back seat. "Just give me the ring, already!!!" hahaha. Do you agree with her?

http://www.chuzzysblog.com/2015/12/does-it-really-matter-how-man-proposes.html

Desperado. Have you seen that movie? End time proposal.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 17, 2015
queenfav:
babe chop knuckle..My fiance didnt do all that jare and the world hasn't stopped!Na e parents even help am propose to me..I know he will definitely do the official proposal o,cos he like those mushy stuff even pass shakespeare!!hehehehe. I like a very quiet marriage,no time to kill 5 cows to feed Nigeria.If I had my way I would have done only registry marriage
cheesy 1000 likes

1 Like

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by SPDAZZY(f): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2015
What matters, I believe is the happiness of the Union.

When my husband proposed, he took me out, as we were gisting, he changed the watch I had on with a new one, then moments later, he took my finger, said some things and slipped in the ring.

While he was talking, I was just praying that he doesn't kneel down cos I was very shy and didn't need the attention it would gather.

Different strokes for different folks.

All in all, the success of the union and happiness of the duo is paramount.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Orikinla(m): 10:13am On Dec 17, 2015
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 10:22am On Dec 17, 2015
queenfav:
babe chop knuckle..Who the plenty ceremony of proposing don help?My fiance didnt do all that jare and the world hasn't stopped!Na e parents even help am propose to me..hehehehe.I like a very quiet marriage,no time to kill 5 cows to feed Nigeria.If I had my way I would have done only registry marriage.

funny you...
There are people it helps o, some like noise sha.
Well said @ registry. If you can afford it, by all means give yourself a treat,but straining one's budget to put up a fairytale proposal or wedding is not ideal.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At The Airport(photos,video) / I Want To Have 10 Kids For 10 Different Men - Nigerian Lady Reveals / Is my Ashawo friend beautiful ? PHOTO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.