Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) (32969 Views)

Nigerian Man Proposes To His Chinese Girlfriend In China (Photos) / Nigerian Man Proposes To Yvonne Khamati, Kenyan Ambassador To Somalia / Man Proposes To His Girlfriend Through A Billboard In Lagos (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by queenfav(f): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

funny you...
There are people it helps o, some like noise sha.
Well said @ registry. If you can afford it, by all means give yourself a treat,but straining one's budget to put up a fairytale proposal or wedding is not ideal.
Definitely,I can't cut costs on the honeymoon,that's what I look forward to.The wedding ceremony will be lowkey.Because some people even borrow money,hire dj and event planners on credit just to throw a lavish ceremony.The main thing is to cut your cloth according to size.I no fit use concoction rice take start my marriage because the wedding ceremony made us broke.mba nu.

1 Like

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Athanatos(m): 10:30am On Dec 17, 2015
queenfav:
I love the babe abeg,she is too real.Its better to focus on the marriage than making a fuss about how he proposes.The most important thing is your happiness.

My thoughts exactly.

That's one thing most Nigerian girls don't know... They're like students who look forward to Matric but don't prepare for University education.

1 Like

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by MuyiRano(m): 10:32am On Dec 17, 2015
Endtime desperation
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 17, 2015
sickstars:
I support the girl throw it i will catch the wedding is about us our life time together even if he ask me to dig the ground dats whr d ring is i wud dig and take d ring

i hate loud propsals i admire wen i see but i don't want one for mysef i can actually walk out true talk

My best proposal as i will always say is puting d ring on my finger while i'm asleep drop a note hand written nd hints too like d first note cud give an hint of whr d next note is like dat like dat til i get d last note sayin check ur finger will u marry me shocked

Wen i av already done grin
Wow..I like this
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Toks2008(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2015
Only a dreamer will want her man to propose to her in a certain way because every lady has a different life's script and must be ready to flow with it.

-Some get proposal under water,on the highway,during live shows,in family gatherings
-Some get proposals with pregnancy.
-Some never get proposed to but just flowed into marriage
-Some even do the proposal
-Some never gets any ring.

And on and on so which ever way you end up marrying that person is ok irrespective of how the proposal was done.

Ironically most marriages that have dramatic and elaborate proposals do not last while the secretive ones usually see the light of day...and ladies must learn from this.

1 Like

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 10:53am On Dec 17, 2015
PiperAlpha:

Wow..I like this
grin tanx
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by tammie24: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2015
jcmaiah:

Please the girl was being real abeg. She is down to earth, that's not desperation to me. What's the point proposing in a plane or under sea when it adds no value to the feature of the union?
Well said
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Toks2008(m): 10:57am On Dec 17, 2015
sickstars:
I support the girl throw it i will catch the wedding is about us our life time together even if he ask me to dig the ground dats whr d ring is i wud dig and take d ring

i hate loud propsals i admire wen i see but i don't want one for mysef i can actually walk out true talk

My best proposal as i will always say is puting d ring on my finger while i'm asleep drop a note hand written nd hints too like d first note cud give an hint of whr d next note is like dat like dat til i get d last note sayin check ur finger will u marry me shocked

Orisirisi...Nothing wey we no go hear from these ladies.Issorite..at least i don learn another method and i may likely use this.Thanks for the hint but no expect your own to come that way o.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2015
Toks2008:

Orisirisi...Nothing wey we no go hear from these ladies.Issorite..at least i don learn another method and i may likely use this.Thanks for the hint but no expect your own to come that way o.

grin grin grin grin never said my own shd come exactly dat way but all i was tryin to say is

We can actually av a quiet simple nd romantic proposal involving d 2parties nt even d help of frnds shd b needed grin

But team lowkey proposal anyday anytime
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Confessng: 11:10am On Dec 17, 2015
I don't Watched one last month
Before that haven't in 6 years
sonofananimal:
undecided

You dey watch NAIJA movies too much
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 17, 2015
Lolz..Just exactly 3 years ago, some months before my now wife traveled to UK for her master program, I took her to on of the gold merchants at Wuse market where she picked her choicest proposal ring and I paid.
She wore it right there and that's how I proposed to her..
Our first wedding anniversary is 10 days time ...
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by mikedimeji(m): 11:16am On Dec 17, 2015
queenfav:
Definitely,I can't cut costs on the honeymoon,that's what I look forward to.The wedding ceremony will be lowkey.Because some people even borrow money,hire dj and event planners on credit just to throw a lavish ceremony. The main thing is to cut your cloth according to size
.I no fit use concoction rice take start my marriage because the wedding ceremony made us broke.mba nu.
Better still cut ur coat according to ur cloth. The reason is this, if u have 3yards and u are as big as Goliath, cutting ur coat according to ur size might required u to get more cloths, this time under financial pressure but when u cut ur coat according to ur cloth it means u will design ur coat with whatever 3yards can give.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by ChinonsoDike2: 11:17am On Dec 17, 2015
Confessng:
I smell DESPERATION , for this statement if I were your guy nah i will bury the ring at the beach ask you to be looking for it , till u find it we never engage.

Throwing and burying both sides of a coin..

The drama of a proposal isn't about the proposal itself its about something to remember when the chips are down to give you the gusto to keep believing in the love you shared when he dey hot.

If you check it now nah yoruba girl,that's why most yoruba marriages are meta epini.

When you refuse to place value on yourself who will? Throw it at me ko slap me in the face ni

Why do you yeeegbos always talk like fools? No tact, no common sense.

1 Like

Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Exponental(m): 11:23am On Dec 17, 2015
Confessng:

If you check it now nah yoruba girl,that's why most yoruba marriages are meta epini.
Yoruba.. what if she's not?
Proposal or marriage celebration has nothing to do with being happily married. get that into your head.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by ifeomaekol(f): 11:39am On Dec 17, 2015
Yes hw u propose matters, for me a simple, quiet n lovely propasal would do. It ll be one of d things I wuld always rem when grey hair comes.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by henryhemon(m): 12:10pm On Dec 17, 2015
Naturally I hate all those public display,it's not my thing and doesn't guarantee anything infact it doesn't add to the relationship or marriage,it's just a funfare and I believe there are people who doesn't want such funfares.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by onyi2016(m): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2015
WOW.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
MadCow1:
It matters

There are some lifes events that onl y (or rather ideally happens only once) like;

Your Birth,
The day you lose your virginity
The day you propose/get proposed to.
The day you get married,
The day you die.

You don't have control over some of these events, but for those you do have control of, try to make it as special as possible.

I wish I could lose my virginity all over again, I would have changed a few things about that night. angry

You can get married twice.
grin
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by MadCow1: 1:25pm On Dec 17, 2015
AdmiralDru:

You can get married twice.
grin

That's why I add the bracket
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by godman01(m): 1:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
Confessng:
I smell DESPERATION , for this statement if I were your guy nah i will bury the ring at the beach ask you to be looking for it , till u find it we never engage.

Throwing and burying both sides of a coin..

The drama of a proposal isn't about the proposal itself its about something to remember when the chips are down to give you the gusto to keep believing in the love you shared when he dey hot.

When you refuse to place value on yourself who will? Throw it at me ko slap me in the face ni
You must be joking, it is how you propose that will help you when the chips are down. You have a long way to go.
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Akerry(m): 2:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
jcmaiah:
Some will be waiting for diamond ring laced with 64carat gold packaged in a silver box and wrapped in a bronze foil, u will wait till rapture!
TRUE TALK
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by barnabas91: 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
sickstars:

nice one
na dis style i go use take propose
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2015
barnabas91:

nice one
na dis style i go use take propose
Its less expensive too grin
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by Chuukwudi(m): 4:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
jcmaiah:
Some will be waiting for diamond ring laced with 64carat gold packaged in a silver box and wrapped in a bronze foil, u will wait till rapture!

Lwkmd!
Re: Does It Really Matter How A Man Proposes? (Snapshot) by mekonglobal(m): 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
[quote author=sickstars post=41079187]I support the girl throw it i will catch the wedding is about us our life time together even if he ask me to dig the ground dats whr d ring is i wud dig and take d ring

I love dis, i might actually use it come 2017...

Wen i av already done

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Have 10 Kids For 10 Different Men - Nigerian Lady Reveals / My Girlfriend Thinks There's Nothing Wrong With Her Sleeping Over At Guy's Place / Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend At The Airport(photos,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.