Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,325 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari (38033 Views)

Demola Fashola Meets Christiane Amanpour Of CNN / Transcript Of Buhari's Interview With Amanpour On CNN / Christiane Amanpour Interviews Muhammadu Buhari @ 7pm On CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by LRNZH(m): 2:51am On May 16, 2016
Christiane Amanpour interviewed Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari about corruption, the economy, Boko Haram, and the Chibok schoolgirls, and she took question about the interview on Facebook. Very revealing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjMUaVxtFng&feature=youtu.be

Source: http://www.facebook.com/cnninternational/videos/10154129451209641/

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 3:53am On May 16, 2016
Baba bubu, making us proud since last year grin. At last we have a leader that has some respect from world leaders.

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Sall(m): 4:05am On May 16, 2016
This is the kind of leader we need at this point in time

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Nobody: 4:55am On May 16, 2016
May God Punish GEJ for dragging this nation in the mud with his excessive looting and foolishness. May Buhari live long cool

219 Likes 14 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by tbaba1234: 4:57am On May 16, 2016
She obviously holds him in very high regard. Good to see.

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Oklander: 5:28am On May 16, 2016
#IstandwithBuhari...he will succeed!!!

126 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Eboski(m): 5:32am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
May God Punish GEJ for dragging this nation in the mud with his excessive looting and foolishness. May Buhari live long cool
May your life be rule the way PMB is ruling this country......
stop insulting someone old enough to be your grandfather..
GEJ is no longer in power and the change you people voted for is before your eyes with 145 a liter of PMS,
Do you know how much is bag of rice now?

284 Likes 28 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Goldencollins: 5:37am On May 16, 2016
Buhari is an old expired cow milk,a dullard and a gworo chewing stack illiterate.

60 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by omenka(m): 5:40am On May 16, 2016
JennieP:
Hi, guys... I just found this new relationship forum. Its a great place to discuss all things relationship, marriage etc... Thank me later
Make mods catch you first. cheesy

@post: I love her emphasis on his honesty and that is what most of us know is Baba's greatest selling point- world businessmen and press like that in a leader, PDP abhors it and calls it demarketing.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Kx: 5:40am On May 16, 2016
Turning a strangely negative situation to a remarkably positive one thru a matured reaction is one ability that GMB shud be celebrated for. To think that his honest frank but respectfully incisive response was impromptu speaks volume of his wisdom.

God bless GMB
God bless Nigeria.

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by SamuelAnyawu(m): 5:44am On May 16, 2016
Nice one PMB

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by SmartThief(m): 5:51am On May 16, 2016
hey! mister watch your ravenous-venomous mawt!! i wont seat back and let you rain some unqualified insults on my President!! watch your tongue!!
Goldencollins:
Buhari is an old expired cow milk,a dullard and a gworo chewing stack illiterate.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 5:57am On May 16, 2016
Sall:

Abeg no make me vex here oooo. Because of a video reported by a person who won't determine any fate of Nigeria. U r typing dis rubbish. U know the suffer wey dey dis country. My brother leave all dis video and face reality, buhari is running d economy of Nigeria aground, d same thing he did in 1985.

Talking of Ghost workers. Was it not systems that GEJ put on ground that found dem?(bVN).
Okay after finding dem,why can't they replace the 23,000 workers wiv real workers, thereby employing more people.

Tell me one local govt that was under BH wen GEJ passed on to buhari in May29th 2015.

My friend don't support mediocrity.

Nigeria is worse off since buhari became president.

91 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by ebiboy2(m): 5:58am On May 16, 2016
didn't watch the video. but I know she mush have said something like "that man is too old and slow"

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by figment232(m): 5:58am On May 16, 2016
searchiing4love:
I guess ur family too wud receive punishment

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Pavarottii(m): 6:01am On May 16, 2016
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
Baba bubu, making us proud since last year grin. At last we have a leader that has some respect from world leaders.
Which respect? That he was left on d street of London standing hopelessly or someone. Called ur country fantastically corrupt? My friend that is an insult on d president. Won't take that if am d president of Nigeria. Not under my watch. Will u say my country is corrupt. If not u av failed as a president. Who does business wiv a corrupt country? Ask urself.

Abeg no make me vex here oooo. Because of a video reported by a person who won't determine any fate of Nigeria. U r typing dis rubbish. U know the suffer wey dey dis country. My brother leave all dis video and face reality, buhari is running d economy of Nigeria aground, d same thing he did in 1985.

Talking of Ghost workers. Was it not systems that GEJ put on ground that found dem?(bVN).
Okay after finding dem,why can't they replace the 23,000 workers wiv real workers, thereby employing more people.

Tell me one local govt that was under BH wen GEJ passed on to buhari in May29th 2015.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by amaechi1: 6:05am On May 16, 2016
My vote on March 28, 2015 was never a waste.

We had several oil booms, but we did not invest in infrastructure neither did we save as a nation.
Any nation that fail to plan, has planned to fail. Now the bubbles have busted, people wants the head of PMB, not the head of those who planted this seed of failure.

27 Likes

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by opalu: 6:06am On May 16, 2016
Ok
Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by amaechi1: 6:11am On May 16, 2016
Pavarottii:

Which respect? That he was left on d street of London standing hopelessly or someone. Called ur country fantastically corrupt? My friend that is an insult on d president. Won't take that if am d president of Nigeria. Not under my watch. Will u say my country is corrupt. If not u av failed as a president. Who does business wiv a corrupt country? Ask urself.

Did hear Brazil was able to bring out millions of people out of poverty and develop their infrastructure during oil boom? Would that be said for nigeria?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by Goddex: 6:11am On May 16, 2016
[size=13pt]Amanpour is fast fading. Even her follow-up questions in that interview were mostly lame and weak.

She didn't do a thorough background check of current burning issues in Nigeria before going in for that interview.

I give it to those young guys in Aljazeera guys anyday
[/size]

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by tbaba1234: 6:16am On May 16, 2016
Pavarottii:

You mean the LGA that were lost in the first place. For about a year, Boko Haram held large parts of Nigeria under GEJ. Even after GEJ left, there were still LGA held by BH and maiduguri was far from safe.

Security has improved drastically since Buhari took over. All you have to do is speak to a resident of maiduguri, I have.

AS regards, Nigeria getting 'worse' ... As at December 2014, we were already borrowing to pay salaries and oil price was crashing. It is not Buhari's fault that we are a mono economy.

He has presented his first budget, I will like to hear your opinion this time next year.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by tayebest(m): 6:20am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:
GEJ is no longer in power and the change your voted is before your eyes with 145 a liter of PMS,

stale cool

15 Likes

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by JonSnow(m): 6:20am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:
GEJ is no longer in power and the change your voted is before your eyes with 145 a liter of PMS,

He doesn't. Na only ewedu & gbegiri e dey chop.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by sademola: 6:23am On May 16, 2016
Eboski:
Amen!!! and may yours be destroyed as GEJ ruled Nigeria. Aaaammmmmmmmeeeeeeennnnn!!!!

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by onatisi(m): 6:28am On May 16, 2016
How can any sensible normal thinking Nigerian be celebrating the comments by a foreign journalist about the president of a country that has plunged his country into serious economic problems due to his sluggishness and ineffectiveness. Does amanpour live in Nigeria?does she have any interest in Nigeria? This is simply a PR job and dumb stupidd nigerians who will sleep in darkness throughout this year,who will most likely be sacked soon from their jobs soon , who will be buying fuel at an exorbitant price of 145 for a liter and whose currency is fast becoming absolutely totally useless are praising this woman comments

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by kossyablaze(m): 6:40am On May 16, 2016
Sall:
linus mba. Suffering n smiling

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by TheNonce: 6:41am On May 16, 2016
grin
searchiing4love:

Sensible youth sighted!

7 Likes

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by TheNonce: 6:44am On May 16, 2016
grin
Goldencollins:
Buhari is an old expired cow milk,a dullard and a gworo chewing STACK illiterate.

Pained, bitter, uneducated, ipob _homosexual spotted!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by freeze001(f): 6:53am On May 16, 2016
I keep harping on the over reliance and trust in a person. It never fails to fail! I see no reason why Buhari's infamous frankness and honesty is all it takes for some to sleep with the assurance that he will right all wrongs.

Beyond a person's attitude and attributes, we need to see how he has effectively brought success and positive outcomes through his actions, thought processes, ability to work with others as team player/leader, conscientiousness and so on!

It is one thing to talk tough and frankly/honestly identify a problem but it is a completely different ball game when it comes to effectively tackling those issues that then translates into real, tangible, improvement in the lives of people and a working society.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:04am On May 16, 2016
Pavarottii:

He was not a president when you saw him stand on the street, else even his aides will accompany him. About corruption, is Nigeria corrupt? Yes it is. Billions of dollars meant for arm procurement were stollen by officials of goodluck's government. That is corruption! Public funds were stolen and kept abroad, but you hero (good luck) could not punish the culprits because then, stealing was not corruption. So suffer dey this country now? Lol what were you expecting? That after past administrations looted the country dry and built houses in Europe and America with monies that should be used to build refineries and diversify the economy, that suffer no go dey? Continue deceiving yourself, you can't plant yam and reap plantains. Buhari is not ruining any economy, the economy was ruined long before he came. So good luck developed the mechanism that identified ghost workers? Why did he not sack them? 14 LGAs were under BH before good luck handed over. I think you are the one that is pissing me off. I know what havoc was wrecked in borno while your clown of a hero watched like a mumu. I am glad most Nigerian electorate were not like you, we have voted out the clueless one and never again will our soldiers be subjected to shame and ridicule.

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CNN's Amanpour Talks About Her Interview With Buhari by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:05am On May 16, 2016
Kx:
Turning a strangely negative situation to a remarkably positive one thru a matured reaction is one ability that GMB shud be celebrated for. To think that his honest frank but respectfully incisive response was impromptu speaks volume of his wisdom.

God bless GMB
God bless Nigeria.
Abi? Watch gej's previous interviews and all you'll hear is 'stealing is not corruption'; 'if you keep a goat where there is yam, the goat will eat the yam' Lol we never had it that bad. Thank God for change, thank God for baba buhari.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Police Begin Investigation After Officer Vowed To Kill 200 People If PMB Dies / Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps / Photos Of Another Gallant Soldier Killed By Boko Haram Insurgents In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.