Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). (29560 Views)

Why Does President Buhari Treat Shiites And Fulani Herdsmen Differently? premium / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead / Imo State First Ever Flyover Underway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by yjgm(m): 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
The NSCIA has moved to pacify all sides involved in the fracas between the Islamic Movement of Nigeria and the Nigerian Army. This is contained in a press release.
Excerpt.

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by hob(m): 1:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
We r watching
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by yjgm(m): 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2015
Let there be peace.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
grin after killing more than 300

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by johnydon22(m): 2:09pm On Dec 17, 2015
To be sincere the shiites were moronic to attempt restricting the movement of the Nigerian army on a road in this country.

Such insolence is intolerable, who do they really think they are..

People keep mistaking freedom to practise their religions to mean inconveniencing others.

You have your freedom to practise what ever religion you deem fit but it doesn't mean you have the right to force others to adhere to your religious dictates.

But why is it there are no water canon, rubber bullets, tear gases that can be used to disperse such rabbles and not use live ammunition on civilians..

Civilians are the ones under the protection of a Sovereign state, if the states starts killing them i wonder where else can be safe.

matters involving the citizens of a country should be delicately handled

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Annunaki(m): 2:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
There is more to this conflict than meets the eye, the Nigerian army is fighting a proxy war on behalf of the sunnis who hate the shittes even more than they hate non muslims.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by braine(m): 2:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
Good.

1 Like

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by ellabooz(f): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
Chai, Biafra ndo. No victory no vanquish

2 Likes

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Neduzze5(m): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
That one concern them!!

How does it change the fact that I still dey find native fowl wey I go thief take celebrate christmas?? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by whirlwind7(m): 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
Na dem first look for trouble, na dem still first look for settlement.

At first I was rooting for these "peaceful" religious folks. I felt that the undisciplined men of the Nigerian army were just trigger happy and itching to waste lives....until I watched the video of the confrontation between both parties and how the military begged to be allowed a free passage on a public road.
After all the pleading and threats, the Muslim mob didn't relent. Although I feel the deadly force applied on them was an overkill, but if those soldiers weren't well armed, I'm pretty certain there would have been some casualties on their side.

This religion is just too damn violent. Why isn't there peace wherever they are found? They are either killing or being killed.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by LordAdam: 2:38pm On Dec 17, 2015
After hearing both sides of the story and consulting several sources I finally have to make my first post on this issue.

I fail to see how a group of marauding violent elements preventing passage of the CAOS necessitates the killing of 300 to 500 people. I would repeat that, 300 to 500 people amongst whom were women and children.

I do not like the ideology of Shia in Nigeria. Their members have been unruly on many occasions, they have serious undertones of harnessing Nigeria through an Islamic revolution, and some of their members have flouted federal, state, and local laws with impunity with a pat on the back from their leadership and wealthy sponsors.

However, let us not turn this into a numbers game. I fail to see how every of those 300 to 500 people were armed. The fact is that there were EXTRA-JUDICIAL killings, and that is unacceptable regardless of the reason.

In any case, the government should place a tight lid on the Shiites. It is clear that the group has violent elements as members and so the government should follow the rule of law rather than play God.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Daslim180(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
OK............ Peace we call for
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by bisdam9086(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Good move anyway....

1 Like

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Lilimax(f): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
More like moves to reconcile the Shiites and the Sunnis undecided
Is it possible?
Not!!
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Dannyset(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
johnydon22:
To be sincere the shiites were moronic to attempt restricting the movement of the Nigerian army on a road in this country.

Such insolence is intolerable, who do they really think they are..

People keep mistaking freedom to practise their religions to mean inconveniencing others.

You have your freedom to practise what ever religion you deem fit but it doesn't mean you have the right to force others to adhere to your religious dictates.

But why is it there are no water canon, rubber bullets, tear gases that can be used to disperse such rabbles and not use live ammunition on civilians..

Civilians are the ones under the protection of a Sovereign state, if the states starts killing them i wonder where else can be safe.

matters involving the citizens of a country should be delicately handled

Army shouldn't open fire on civilians no matter what!
I just hope they've realised their fault and apologise.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by mashnino(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Let there be peace
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by melodyirish(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Country full of tribal war. F**k zoo
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
Good. History must not repeat itself; we're not a country of fools.

1 Like

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
Preach Peace

Too many bodies tho
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by blazetitov: 2:40pm On Dec 17, 2015
That's good but it will not change the impression of the international community about N/A
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by bright007(f): 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
ok
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Beehshorp(m): 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
What are they pacifying? I thought buhari's supporters says he doesn't asslick anyone except Bokoharam how come they are pacifying..
I was expecting to see news how the NA ends dis with their usual minimum force..
Shey una want change.. Nekwa unu nekwa change

2 Likes

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Ladybfoods: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
lets watch and see
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by sammyj: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
[code][/code] grin
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by favistar(m): 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
Hmmm....#Observing
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by queenstl(f): 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2015

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Phoenix212(m): 2:42pm On Dec 17, 2015
tomorrow now dey ll deny.d oda day i saw a headline here dat elrufi and arase were dining and wineing wit d leader only to find out it was jux a fluke.it was an emir...and the shiit leader was still in custody. lies every were.my joy is dat no mata d lie the truth must surface.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by musaajebor(m): 2:43pm On Dec 17, 2015
endtym tins
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Suunaf: 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2015
I wish they will be able to find a lasting solution sooner rather than later. What NA did was a big mistake. Its a single act too many implication. What the group did also(knowingfully well how good our army is in violating human right) was suicide.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Private Refineries Licensed By DPR (full List) / Hamzat, Lagos Lawmakers Adopt Sanwo-olu As APC Guber Flag Bearer / Governors Planning To Buy Votes With Old Naira Notes – Muiz Banire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.