Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,499 members, 7,830,506 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). (29586 Views)

Why Does President Buhari Treat Shiites And Fulani Herdsmen Differently? premium / Pictures From Shiites-Army Clash In Zaria, Many Feared Dead / Imo State First Ever Flyover Underway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Akinz0126(m): 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
bitty230:
Heart Touching story!!!
This one cuts deep inside,will make you cry..!!
--------------------------------------------------

One young man went to
apply for a managerial
position in a big company.
He passed the initial
interview, and now would
meet the director for the
final interview.
The director discovered
from his CV that the youth’s
academic achievements
were excellent. He asked,
“Did you obtain any
scholarships in school?”
the youth answered “no”.
” Was it your father who
paid for your school fees?”
“My father passed away
when I was one year old, it
was my mother who paid
for my schoolfees.” he
replied.
” Where did your mother
work?”
“My mother worked as
clothes cleaner.”
The director requested the
youth to show his hands.
The youth showed a pair of
hands that were smooth
and perfect.
” Have you ever helped
your mother wash the
clothes before?”
“Never, my mother always
wanted me to study and
read more books. Besides,
my mother can wash
clothes faster than me.
The director said, “I have a
request. When you go
home today, go and clean
your mother’s hands, and
then see me tomorrow
morning.
The youth felt that his
chance of landing the job
was high. When he went
back home, he asked his
mother to let him clean her
hands. His mother felt
strange, happy but with
mixed feelings, she showed
her hands to her son.
The youth cleaned his
mother’s hands slowly. His
tear fell as he did that. It
was the first time he
noticed that his mother’s
hands were so wrinkled,
and there were so many
bruises in her hands. Some
bruises were so painful
that his mother winced
when he touched it.
This was the first time the
youth realized that it was
this pair of hands that
washed the clothes
everyday to enable him to
pay the school fees. The
bruises in the mother’s
hands were the price that
the mother had to pay for
his education, his school
activities and his future.
After cleaning his mother
hands, the youth quietly
washed all the remaining
clothes for his mother.
[/b] Click Here to
Continue Reading...

Oga abeg finish this story ooooooo.full of suspense
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Akinz0126(m): 4:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
bitty230:
Heart Touching story!!!
This one cuts deep inside,will make you cry..!!
--------------------------------------------------

One young man went to
apply for a managerial
position in a big company.
He passed the initial
interview, and now would
meet the director for the
final interview.
The director discovered
from his CV that the youth’s
academic achievements
were excellent. He asked,
“Did you obtain any
scholarships in school?”
the youth answered “no”.
” Was it your father who
paid for your school fees?”
“My father passed away
when I was one year old, it
was my mother who paid
for my schoolfees.” he
replied.
” Where did your mother
work?”
“My mother worked as
clothes cleaner.”
The director requested the
youth to show his hands.
The youth showed a pair of
hands that were smooth
and perfect.
” Have you ever helped
your mother wash the
clothes before?”
“Never, my mother always
wanted me to study and
read more books. Besides,
my mother can wash
clothes faster than me.
The director said, “I have a
request. When you go
home today, go and clean
your mother’s hands, and
then see me tomorrow
morning.
The youth felt that his
chance of landing the job
was high. When he went
back home, he asked his
mother to let him clean her
hands. His mother felt
strange, happy but with
mixed feelings, she showed
her hands to her son.
The youth cleaned his
mother’s hands slowly. His
tear fell as he did that. It
was the first time he
noticed that his mother’s
hands were so wrinkled,
and there were so many
bruises in her hands. Some
bruises were so painful
that his mother winced
when he touched it.
This was the first time the
youth realized that it was
this pair of hands that
washed the clothes
everyday to enable him to
pay the school fees. The
bruises in the mother’s
hands were the price that
the mother had to pay for
his education, his school
activities and his future.
After cleaning his mother
hands, the youth quietly
washed all the remaining
clothes for his mother.
[/b] Click Here to
Continue Reading...

Oga abeg finish this story ooooooo.full of suspense and highly sensational
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by abiolert(m): 4:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
johnydon22:
To be sincere the shiites were moronic to attempt restricting the movement of the Nigerian army on a road in this country.

Such insolence is intolerable, who do they really think they are..

People keep mistaking freedom to practise their religions to mean inconveniencing others.

You have your freedom to practise what ever religion you deem fit but it doesn't mean you have the right to force others to adhere to your religious dictates.

But why is it there are no water canon, rubber bullets, tear gases that can be used to disperse such rabbles and not use live ammunition on civilians..

Civilians are the ones under the protection of a Sovereign state, if the states starts killing them i wonder where else can be safe.

matters involving the citizens of a country should be delicately handled
you have said it all. but let me remind you, that what transpired was totally the fault of the Shiite group. its totally unacceptable for any body or group to restrict the movement of anyone to move freely,let alone the chief of army staff. you made mention of the use of water cannon, I would correct you that the army didn't envisage what the met on their way maybe they would have used it. let's not also forget that we are talking about the person of the no. 1 army personnel in the country and he is been restricted from moving to his destination,even when the Nation is in a state of war and the Army chief almost assassinated in Bornu. For me ,the army did what was deemed necessary, even when Buratai pleaded for right of way they bluntly refused him passage. for me they got what they deserved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Olamipapa(m): 4:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
Neduzze5:
That one concern them!!

How does it change the fact that I still dey find native fowl wey I go thief take celebrate christmas?? undecided

Omo ale jatijati
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by abduljabbar4(m): 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2015
Annunaki:
There is more to this conflict than meets the eye, the Nigerian army is fighting a proxy war on behalf of the sunnis who hate the shittes even more than they hate non muslims.

K
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Opoki(m): 4:59pm On Dec 17, 2015
Another Shiite thread.

1 Like

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by paix(m): 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
Neduzze5:
That one concern them!!

How does it change the fact that I still dey find native fowl wey I go thief take celebrate christmas?? undecided
I just pray you don't become someone else's fowl in the process of stealing.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by marleyboy1991: 6:35pm On Dec 17, 2015
johnydon22:
To be sincere the shiites were moronic to attempt restricting the movement of the Nigerian army on a road in this country.

People keep mistaking freedom to practise their religions to mean inconveniencing others.

You have your freedom to practise what ever religion you deem fit but it doesn't mean you have the right to force others to adhere to your religious dictates.

But why is it there are no water canon, rubber bullets, tear gases that can be used to disperse such rabbles and not use live ammunition on civilians..

Civilians are the ones under the protection of a Sovereign state, if the states starts killing them i wonder where else can be safe.

You were saying something nice till you started saying "rubber bullets and shit like that"
My Question for you is...why will the convoy of the Chief of Army staff(COAS) have rubber bullets and why will a military personels have rubber bullets when they are not in training?
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by telani4real(m): 6:50pm On Dec 17, 2015
In simple terms, there is more that meets d eye. There has always been division in Islam. This is mostly BTW d Sunnis and shiiites. The main question DAT shld be asked is if the COAS is a sunni?
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
johnydon22:

You started making sense from the third paragraph.
There is no reason good enough to kill those people. I repeat. NO JUSTIFICATION.

Riot police with full gear, rubber bullets, tasers, water cannon are strange to our security agencies. All they know is killing.
This why people are afraid to join genuine calls for a protest in this country.
I'm a Christian. #OneLove
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Okanokan(m): 7:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
Annunaki:
There is more to this conflict than meets the eye, the Nigerian army is fighting a proxy war on behalf of the sunnis who hate the shittes even more than they hate non muslims.

All the more reason Christian in Nigeria (CIN) should be more interested in how this issue is sorted out.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Ultimate001: 7:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
Annunaki:
what a clueless assertion!
You nd ur stance on dis are seriously irritating. The fact that pple ( that think) like you are d ones domninating in Nigeria is even more irritating. The chief of Army staff was on motion fah. What does that mean to you. May the Lord come and help Nigeria quickly.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Annunaki(m): 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
Ultimate001:

what a clueless assertion!
You nd ur stance on dis are seriously irritating. The fact that pple ( that think like) you are d ones domninating in Nigeria is even more irritating. The chief of Army staff was on motion fah. What does that mean to you. May the Lord come and help Nigeria quickly.

Arrogant expression of acute ignorance, assuming the road onslaught was provoked by the shittes, what excuse did the army have to go and attack the shitte headquarters and kill several more sect members later that night
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by kayor62: 7:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Neduzze5:
That one concern them!!

Oooleee! I will make sure I report u to EFCC as well as CCT for arraignment.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by octaviakrsy(m): 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2015
preetyb:

Are u afraid of killing a life chicken that u rather prefer a half dead one?

It's more cheaper grin grin angry

Ebola fowl for sale # tokkunbo fowl for sale ..contact me
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by DONshawn: 8:49pm On Dec 17, 2015
The soldiers are human too. They eat, breathe and also have feelings like we all do. Though they ought to have been trained on how to manage their emotions the best way possible when under threat etc...
Then again were they? Some ogas somewhere might have "pocketed" the money for such training!

As for the religious sect, it is rather unfortunate they behaved in such an unreligious manner that led to the killings, sadly. I hope they learn from their unruly behavior and have respect for constitute authority! Boko haram grew wings and became a menace because those in charge of governance at the time were pre-occupied with looting the nation's purse rather than stamping their authority.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Onyocha: 9:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
[b]honestly speaking, what happened on the road is very much irrelevant. Both sides are wrong there.

What is relevant to me is that the army used the earlier road incident as excuse/cover up/pretext to launch two assaults at the worship center and at the cleric's home. During the siege and raid many were killed and the structures got demolished. These are crimes against humanity committed and human rights violations. No one really care that the army reacted -by taking law into their hands -to road block and many understand that the blocking of road and confronting soldiers who don't value lives is wrong. The problem is the siege on the house and the hussainiyyah.

Many are distracted by what happened on the road. The army is using the road incident to cover up their assault on and demolition of the house and hussainiyyah. Many lives were wasted.That is wrong and unjustifiable even under military rule.

The siege and assault on the home and worship center came after the road incident had ended. Why?

The COAS should please not resign. He should either remain and continue to tarnish the image of the APC government and the image of the country, or let him be sacked immediately and punished for his crimes. This is a democracy and no one should be a victim of religious persecution. Citizens should be free to choose what beliefs they want to follow.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by tochilastborn(m): 9:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
yjgm:
Let there be peace.
AND THERE WAS A FICTIONAL PEACE.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by babyfaceafrica: 9:20pm On Dec 17, 2015
Dannyset:

Army shouldn't open fire on civilians no matter what!
I just hope they've realised their fault and apologise.
are you high on somthing?....if I hear say army apologise!!!!!
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by marlockj: 9:52pm On Dec 17, 2015
yjgm:
The NSCIA has moved to pacify all sides involved in the fracas between the Islamic Movement of Nigeria and the Nigerian Army. This is contained in a press release.
Excerpt.

Why cnt dis islam Ppl Jst rest for once.

Chai.Jst imagine this world without Islam.

Am tired of all this.

Nigeria is no more growing Cuz of Islam.

All news is now is Islam sect.

Killing Cuz of cartoon of Mohammed.

Now shitttes

The whole country is in a mess Cuz of Jst one religion.

Why cnt we Hv peace again.

This shittttes were killed already,so what cn anyone do to raise d dead.Why cnt dey let peace b
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by DONshawn: 10:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
What would have happened if they had confronted another sect or other group of civilians? It is obvious they held/hold sway in that region. They MUST bow to the enabling laws of the land & constituted authority. Simple.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by iboboyswag(m): 10:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
Onyocha:

How many more people will continue to display stupidity?

The question many are not asking is how does the blocking of road and the road incident that earlier happened give right for the army to later on bring reinforcements and to lay siege and attack the cleric's house and worship center? The attacks were at three locations. And the buildings got demolished. In whose name?
God will not forgive all of you who wish this country evil. You shut your eyes to the truth when it best suits your needs.... What the Army did is small in my opinion, when you threaten the sovereignty and total authority of our nation, we will respond with brute force. If you want to worship your God do it in your closet and not on our public road.

Did you see the guy with the scarf wrapped round his neck, making claims that even buhari cannot use that road at that time and when the general tried to let him see reason, he kept gallivanting in a threatening manner... They got less than what they deserve and I hope that guy was one of the people the army shot.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Onyocha: 10:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
iboboyswag:

God will not forgive all of you who wish this country evil. You shut your eyes to the truth when it best suits your needs.... What the Army did is small in my opinion, when you threaten the sovereignty and total authority of our nation, we will respond with brute force. If you want to worship your God do it in your closet and not on our public road.

Did you see the guy with the scarf wrapped round his neck, making claims that even buhari cannot use that road at that time and when the general tried to let him see reason, he kept gallivanting in a threatening manner... They got less than what they deserve and I hope that guy was one of the people the army shot.

Mr. Rambo, you have killed them on the road, why follow them into their houses and worship center? is that how life is cheap to you?
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by iboboyswag(m): 11:07pm On Dec 17, 2015
Onyocha:

Mr. Rambo, you have killed them on the road, why follow them into their houses and worship center? is that how life is cheap to you?
Yes Mr shiite the freedom fighter that life that doesn't want others to exist in peace is cheap.

Go, tell your people if they continue in constituting a nuisance we will also not stop in stamping our authority.

I believe you have read the official kaduna state government press release on the issue as I saw you commented there.... Freedom of speech and association is sacrosanct but from that press release it seems your people have been fed a false dose of bravado one that has transformed them into believing that they're a parallel Government albeit in their minds.

Tell them there is a new sheriff in town who will not condone their prolong lunacy.

Islam is a religion of peace but it seems, Muslims are a product of war....
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by iboboyswag(m): 11:39pm On Dec 17, 2015
Annunaki:

Arrogant expression of acute ignorance, assuming the road onslaught was provoked by the shittes, what excuse did the army have to go and attack the shitte headquarters and kill several more sect members later that night
It is called enforcing peace.... Seeing that these guys are unrepentant lunatics. Their antecedents speak for them.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Nobody: 1:18am On Dec 18, 2015
Dannyset:

Army shouldn't open fire on civilians no matter what!
I just hope they've realised their fault and apologise.
...but the civilians are free to project objects at them, even dangerous objects? Soldiers wey dey even Go their way oh.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by preetyb(f): 8:47am On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=octaviakrsy post=41099683]

It's more cheaper grin grin angry

Ebola fowl for sale # tokkunbo fowl for sale ..contact me[/quote
You no just like better thing.
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by octaviakrsy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=preetyb post=41110745][/quote]

I do its for the igbos....... cool cool cool
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by preetyb(f): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
octaviakrsy:

I do its for the igbos....... cool cool cool

Isorlite
Re: Move To Reconclile Shiites And The Nigerian Army Underway (letter). by Ultimate001: 4:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
Annunaki:

who initiated further attacks? You think the army could stoop as low as fighting a sect. COAS wld also av to travel jst to fyt on behalf of a nonsense sect/ faction? I'm sure diff muslim soldiers also belong to either shiite or d oda faction. Think, bro.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 4 Vigilantes While Others Surrender To Military(photos / Mob Set Three Police Stations Ablaze In Anambra, Three Killed / 'we Are Sorry, Our Elders Misled Us,' Ndi'gbo Youths Beg President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.