Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release (51586 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Reacts To ‘Recovery Of Weapons’ In IPOB Leader’s Home / Jasper Azuatalam Thanks Buhari For His Appointment As Executive Director, NSITF / Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Nnamdi Kanu's Family Members (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Lanceslot(m): 8:45am On Dec 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
if Igbos are to be produce a president come 2019, I would nominate Nnamdi KANU. he has balls, got charisma...anything he says to Igbo youths goes
Go to hell with your presidency, we don't want it.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by datribune: 8:45am On Dec 18, 2015
Lemon12:
Egbon stop spitting Shits ...

DSS withdrew their case from the magistrate court .. Saying they got new findings of terrorism participation on him (kanu)

So they said magistrate court is too small to handle the case so they are moving him to federal high court to charge for terrorism ...

DSS still went to the federal high court to obtain order to keep nnamdi in detention for anoda 90days

Nnamdi legal team then file a case to the FHC to discontinue the case cuz DSS have no reasonable charges against nnamdi ... And have not come up wit any for 2months since kanu arrest ..

So the court struck out DSS case nd Also the previous order to keep him for more 90days

It's surprising dat u can not see dat d Fed Govt had good legal grounds to put him away 4 a long time but chose a political rather than a legal option, hence d family is thanking d president.
Kanu is on YouTube soliciting 4 guns & bullets to wage a war of secession.
d declaration on principles of international law adopted by d UN in 1970, declares dat there are no legal grounds for secession. dis is because at least half of all modern states have emerged thru conquests or amalgamation & if we are going to try to eliminate all historical injustices through secession, d modern world would be dragged into a bloody large scale war.
There is a diversity of choices dat make self-determination possible but not violent secession.
No country on earth will support Kanu's misadventure. He must not push his luck too far.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by BestKato(m): 9:00am On Dec 18, 2015
......or else your mama go blind. idiot
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by namdo(m): 9:04am On Dec 18, 2015
Kudos to FG. However I see that NK's father is in support of IPOB/his son by this statement "He called on the pro-Biafra groups to go about their agitation peacefully and without confrontation to the government.". I just hope whatever follows would be well thought-out before more people die.

I hereby console the families of those people who lost their lives during the protests.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by obailala(m): 9:04am On Dec 18, 2015
Lemon12:

Ruling on a bail application filed by his lawyer, Mr. Vincent Egechukwu Obeta, Justice Ademola also set aside an order earlier granted the DSS to detain Kanu for 90 days to enable the security agency complete its investigation.

The judge said Kanu’s continued detention after three months without trial, violated section 158 of theAdministration of Criminal Justice (ACJ) Act 2015 and section 35 of the 1999 Constitution.

He said there was no law that permits the DSS or any other security agency to detain any Nigerian beyond the period stipulated by the Constitution, when in fact, there was no intention to put the person on trial.
Okay anugom ihe i kwuru. K'odiri gi mma taa.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by bmos(m): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=Demmocrats post=41101206]

That your boy was a little untrained rascal. Warn him to 'sin no more' or else a worst thing would happen to him and that time, there would be no remedy.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Memyselfu2009(m): 9:32am On Dec 18, 2015
Your Son is just causing unnecessary problem in Nigeria
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Uzosaint(m): 9:47am On Dec 18, 2015
Why Thank Buhari,On Whose Orders Did DSS had to keep him against the law for more than 48HRS? Didobedience To Orders Of Law Courts and its rulings its a panacea to Anarchy Prof SOYINKA!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by chudyboy05(m): 10:08am On Dec 18, 2015
Armaggedon:
No where in the article was kanu's father quoted thanking Buhari.

The zoo just want to feel important

Btw tell your nairaland mods to stop registering in BR forum
Don't mind those ediots and illiterates
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by HammerEvery(f): 10:22am On Dec 18, 2015
Buhari doesn't deserve to be thanked, he should be harangued and sued all the way to highest international criminal court. Kanu must not let this slide, lawal daura and his knobheads must be made to pay a heavy fine for unlawful detention of a man who doesn't want to share the same country with them, they must be made to account for all the lives that have been lost in this struggle.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Ishilove: 10:48am On Dec 18, 2015
sukkot:
hausa soldier beating has reset his destiny. he is no longer down with biafra.
LMAO. oniyeye ni bobo yi sha cheesy
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Ishilove: 10:50am On Dec 18, 2015
sukkot:
ndigbo thanking buhari for not breaking his foot up nnamdi kanus ass grin grin

nnamdi kanu will go home and pretend he never heard biafra in his life. he will become a nice citizen of nigeria. trust me. they have warned him and he knows they are serious this time. the biafran revolution is dead. nnamdi kanu has been deactivated
Rotfl!!! Cray!!!! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by jelal007(m): 11:00am On Dec 18, 2015
funnynation:

na keypad i dey use dey type no be keyboard..
Thank you for calling me mumu, i understand, na mumu dey know mumu, so we dey same catigory
No. Na smart person dey know mumu. Thank God say u knw ur category.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by mart2k(m): 11:19am On Dec 18, 2015
'Albino' Kanu, go n make trouble no more
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by gabbylight: 11:22am On Dec 18, 2015
Kyase:
Mr Israel Kanu, the father of the pro-Biafra activist, Nnamdi Kanu, has thanked President Muhammadu Buhari and other Nigerians over the release of his son.

The elder Kanu is the traditional ruler of Afara Ukwu Ibeku Autonomous Community, Umuahia.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Umuahia that he was grateful to “well-meaning Nigerians for their prayers and support’’ during Nnamdi’s incarceration.

He added that he was amazed by the goodwill and show of solidarity by Nigerians, especially the pro-Biafra groups, which, he said, “stood by us for the period my son was detained.’’

He said that he was particularly grateful to God that the court acquitted his son of all the charges, including treasonable felony, brought against him.

“My family and the entire people of Afara Ukwu are happy over the release of our son and we shall continue to thank God and Nigerians for this happy event,’’ Kanu said.

The traditional ruler commended the judiciary for proving to be the hope of the common man, saying, “the judiciary applied wisdom in discharging and acquitting my son.’

He called on the pro-Biafra groups to go about their agitation peacefully and without confrontation to the government.

In a related development, Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC) also hailed the president ‘for listening to the pleas of Ndigbo and progressive Nigerians.’

In a statement made available to NAN, OYC said that Kanu’s release had doused the tension generated by his detention, adding that the development had spared Nigeria of another security challenge.

The statement was signed by the National President and Secretary of the organisation, Okechukwu Isiguzoro and Nnabuike Okwu respectively.

It said that Kanu’s release would go a long way to restore the confidence of Ndigbo in Buhari’s Administration.

“Having released Kanu, the Federal Government should go further and address all the other grievances of the pro-Biafra agitators,’’ the statement said.

According to OYC, the agitators were only protesting against the marginalisation and injustices being meted against Ndigbo.

It cited the poor state of federal roads in the South- East, abandonment of the Enugu coal mine for over 43 years, non-inclusion of Abia and Imo youths in the Niger Delta Amnesty deal, among others as instances of marginalization of Ndigbo.

On his part, the Secretary of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), Mr Uchenna Madu, described the release of its leader as ‘triumph over injustice, suppression, oppression and subjugation of IPOB.’

NAN reports that the IPOB leader was arrested and detained for allegedly running Radio Biafra, an offence considered treasonable. (NAN)
http://leadership.ng/news/484147/family-thanks-buhari-nigerians-kanus-release
don'
jelal007:
No. Na smart person dey know mumu. Thank God say u knw ur category.
[b][/b] grin ;Dt mention
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by UglyMe(f): 11:53am On Dec 18, 2015
BIGERBOY1:
Tell him to stay off crack and keep his mouth shut
. Keep his mouth shut as in what mister? Everyone has freedom and right to speech..... So u should be the one to shut the hell up if you dont know wat to say.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
ihearYou:

Not supported! Kanu will d Country on fire first chance he gets. Remember he and his boys don't believe in Nigeria. However if he is so sure of his popularity,let him test himself in an assembly election;that time his eyes go clear. Thank ko,cause ni.
Bros Assembly election? Assembly elections in a Country he called a "Zoo"?? You aren't gona hear anytin frm him let's say till 2019
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
marlockj:

Better tell your son to go do better things in life,and 4gt trouble.

Nigeria want peace.

Tell him to stay off street n let Nigeria be

Nxt tym he maynt go out alive
and he should be advised to quit smoking wet local Aba weed!!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
vindisick:

Yes you are right! A independent Nation ONLINE! You guys better wake up from your dreams! If Nnamdi kanu has 3 heads he should continue Radio Biafra na!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by VickyRotex(f): 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
BABANGBALI:
just warn your pikin and draw him ears,if we hear only bia,not to talk of the fra wey dey on top for him mouth again, na prison him go spend the rest of his life

cc:chukwudi44
freeglobe
rokiatu
vickyrotex
funjosh

Shogbadun sha? angry
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by bestxperience: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
Mr Israel Kanu, the father of the pro-Biafra activist, Nnamdi Kanu, has thanked[b] President Muhammadu Buhari and other [/b] Nigerians over the release of his son.

The elder Kanu is the traditional ruler of Afara Ukwu Ibeku Autonomous Community, Umuahia.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Umuahia that he was grateful to “well-meaning Nigerians for their prayers and support’’ during Nnamdi’s incarceration.

He added that he was amazed by the goodwill and show of solidarity by Nigerians, especially the pro-Biafra groups, which, he said, “stood by us for the period my son was detained.’’

He said that he was particularly grateful to God that the court acquitted his son of all the charges, including treasonable felony, brought against him.

“My family and the entire people of Afara Ukwu are happy over the release of our son and we shall continue to thank God and Nigerians for this happy event,’’ Kanu said.

The traditional ruler commended the judiciary for proving to be the hope of the common man, saying, “the judiciary applied wisdom in discharging and acquitting my son.’

He called on the pro-Biafra groups to go about their agitation peacefully and without confrontation to the government.

In a related development, Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC) also hailed the president ‘for listening to the pleas of Ndigbo and progressive Nigerians.’

In a statement made available to NAN, OYC said that Kanu’s release had doused the tension generated by his detention, adding that the development had spared Nigeria of another security challenge.

The statement was signed by the National President and Secretary of the organisation, Okechukwu Isiguzoro and Nnabuike Okwu respectively.

It said that Kanu’s release would go a long way to restore the confidence of Ndigbo in Buhari’s Administration.

“Having released Kanu, the Federal Government should go further and address all the other grievances of the pro-Biafra agitators,’’ the statement said.

According to OYC, the agitators were only protesting against the marginalisation and injustices being meted against Ndigbo.

It cited the poor state of federal roads in the South- East, abandonment of the Enugu coal mine for over 43 years, non-inclusion of Abia and Imo youths in the Niger Delta Amnesty deal, among others as instances of marginalization of Ndigbo.

On his part, the Secretary of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), Mr Uchenna Madu, described the release of its leader as ‘triumph over injustice, suppression, oppression and subjugation of IPOB.’

NAN reports that the IPOB leader was arrested and detained for allegedly running Radio Biafra, an offence considered treasonable. (NAN)
http://leadership.ng/news/484147/family-thanks-buhari-nigerians-kanus-release
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Funjosh(m): 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
VickyRotex:

Shogbadun sha? angry

Se wo ro pe BaBangbali gbadun tele ni, ko gba dun kankan tongue
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Funjosh(m): 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
VickyRotex:

Shogbadun sha? angry

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by BABANGBALI: 4:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
Funjosh:

Receive senses in Jesus name BABANGBALI sad
tongue

iyangbali called me last night from Israel she tolded me to abuse you well well for her
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by BABANGBALI: 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
VickyRotex:

Shogbadun sha? angry
tongue

iyangbali called me last night from Israel she tolded me to abuse you well well for her
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by jackbennie: 5:02pm On Dec 18, 2015
investigator007:
ok.. I just dey observe cool cool cool cool cool

Meanwhile in another news,

I urgently need scrap vessels to buy.

20,000T and above (any location within Nigeria)

3,000T & above (Lagos only)

PM me if you have a confirm one.

I can work as ur agent can source for scrap metals for u call 07052719234
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Johnsown1(m): 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
Lanceslot:
Go to hell with your presidency, we don't want it.
who are "WE",cos i have nt discussion anything with u before.
So u should use stupid "I" instead.
Speak for ur self
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Johnsown1(m): 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ndi Yoruba juru ebe a oooo
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by VickyRotex(f): 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
Funjosh:

Mo mo. Mo kan fun ni benefit of the doubt ni.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by VickyRotex(f): 5:59pm On Dec 18, 2015
BABANGBALI:
tongue

Shey loto? Tell me something. Your case don pass be careful cry
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Olemi700: 6:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
Why buhari is so afraid of this guy, this is just the beginning I tell you grin grin grin

This is not Dasuki cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Isiaka Adeleke's Corpse Being Buried In Osun (Photos) / Fayose's Statement On His Threat To Dump PDP / Ijaws Attack Binis Over Ownership Of Gelegele Land In Edo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.