Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,548 members, 7,819,947 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release (51580 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Reacts To ‘Recovery Of Weapons’ In IPOB Leader’s Home / Jasper Azuatalam Thanks Buhari For His Appointment As Executive Director, NSITF / Orji Uzor Kalu Visits Nnamdi Kanu's Family Members (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Funjosh(m): 6:30am On Dec 18, 2015
BABANGBALI:
just warn your pikin and draw him ears,if we hear only bia,not to talk of the fra wey dey on top for him mouth again, na prison him go spend the rest of his life

cc:chukwudi44
freeglobe
rokiatu
vickyrotex
funjosh

Receive senses in Jesus name BABANGBALI sad
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Armaggedon: 6:35am On Dec 18, 2015
Abiagirl777:

pls what's the name of the forum?
grin
moc.cilbuperarfaib.www
read it from the right grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Armaggedon: 6:35am On Dec 18, 2015
Abiagirl777:

pls what's the name of the forum?
grin
moc.cilbuperarfaib.www
read it from the right grin
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Splashme: 6:38am On Dec 18, 2015
Armaggedon:
No where in the article was kanu's father quoted thanking Buhari.

The zoo just want to feel important

Btw tell your nairaland mods to stop registering in BR forum

Nigeria and junk journalism sha
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by ihearYou(m): 6:47am On Dec 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
if Igbos are to be produce a president come 2019, I would nominate Nnamdi KANU. he has balls, got charisma...anything he says to Igbo youths goes

Not supported! Kanu will d Country on fire first chance he gets. Remember he and his boys don't believe in Nigeria. However if he is so sure of his popularity,let him test himself in an assembly election;that time his eyes go clear. Thank ko,cause ni.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by preciousMI1(f): 6:50am On Dec 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
if Igbos are to be produce a president come 2019, I would nominate Nnamdi KANU. he has balls, got charisma...anything he says to Igbo youths goes

ADONBILIVIT
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by derolemode(m): 7:06am On Dec 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
Don't get too comfortable we may be sovereign then.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by marlockj: 7:13am On Dec 18, 2015
Kyase:
Mr Israel Kanu, the father of the pro-Biafra activist, Nnamdi Kanu, has thanked President Muhammadu Buhari and other Nigerians over the release of his son.

The elder Kanu is the traditional ruler of Afara Ukwu Ibeku Autonomous Community, Umuahia.

He told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Thursday in Umuahia that he was grateful to “well-meaning Nigerians for their prayers and support’’ during Nnamdi’s incarceration.

He added that he was amazed by the goodwill and show of solidarity by Nigerians, especially the pro-Biafra groups, which, he said, “stood by us for the period my son was detained.’’

He said that he was particularly grateful to God that the court acquitted his son of all the charges, including treasonable felony, brought against him.

“My family and the entire people of Afara Ukwu are happy over the release of our son and we shall continue to thank God and Nigerians for this happy event,’’ Kanu said.

The traditional ruler commended the judiciary for proving to be the hope of the common man, saying, “the judiciary applied wisdom in discharging and acquitting my son.’

He called on the pro-Biafra groups to go about their agitation peacefully and without confrontation to the government.

In a related development, Ohanaeze Youth Council (OYC) also hailed the president ‘for listening to the pleas of Ndigbo and progressive Nigerians.’

In a statement made available to NAN, OYC said that Kanu’s release had doused the tension generated by his detention, adding that the development had spared Nigeria of another security challenge.

The statement was signed by the National President and Secretary of the organisation, Okechukwu Isiguzoro and Nnabuike Okwu respectively.

It said that Kanu’s release would go a long way to restore the confidence of Ndigbo in Buhari’s Administration.

“Having released Kanu, the Federal Government should go further and address all the other grievances of the pro-Biafra agitators,’’ the statement said.

According to OYC, the agitators were only protesting against the marginalisation and injustices being meted against Ndigbo.

It cited the poor state of federal roads in the South- East, abandonment of the Enugu coal mine for over 43 years, non-inclusion of Abia and Imo youths in the Niger Delta Amnesty deal, among others as instances of marginalization of Ndigbo.

On his part, the Secretary of the Indigenous Peoples of Biafra (IPOB), Mr Uchenna Madu, described the release of its leader as ‘triumph over injustice, suppression, oppression and subjugation of IPOB.’

NAN reports that the IPOB leader was arrested and detained for allegedly running Radio Biafra, an offence considered treasonable. (NAN)
http://leadership.ng/news/484147/family-thanks-buhari-nigerians-kanus-release

Better tell your son to go do better things in life,and 4gt trouble.

Nigeria want peace.

Tell him to stay off street n let Nigeria be

Nxt tym he maynt go out alive

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by ayodele123(m): 7:14am On Dec 18, 2015
Now that he has been discharged and accquited, does it imply that the operation of his Radio Biafra is legitimate and not treason?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by PecE2Make: 7:19am On Dec 18, 2015
I thought one Yoruba guy said last week dat any trend relating to Biafra is bound here. Now Na morning .
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by uncleade(m): 7:19am On Dec 18, 2015
did he address the Ipob as Nigerians?what a shame?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by iconaus: 7:24am On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=ayodele123 post=41108241]Now that he has been acquitted, that means Radio Bisfra is not an offence and can continue na[/quote)

yes is not an offense . We re entitled to self determination and radio biafra says the truth n they truth is bitter
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by iconaus: 7:26am On Dec 18, 2015
marlockj:

Better tell your son to go do better things in life,and 4gt trouble.

Nigeria want peace.

Tell him to stay off street n let Nigeria be

Nxt tym he maynt go out alive

But Biafra wana go . Whats wrong about that .?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Offorfelix(m): 7:28am On Dec 18, 2015
which buhari did he thank.......
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Fideblaze: 7:35am On Dec 18, 2015
KANU has been released but some people have died cos of him, so who was d loser?

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by vindisick: 7:39am On Dec 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
before 2019, biafra would have already been an independent nation. so we don't want any association with the zoo
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Efe3: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2015
badonkadonk:

Alryt.. Could you also tell your son to please release the souls his stewpid protesting biafran followers took, in their wake, to us as well?

A good turn deserves another as well, ko ba haka ba?

it is your uncivilised nigerian army that took the lives ot those innocent.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by vindisick: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2015
BIGERBOY1:
Tell him to stay off crack and keep his mouth shut
the moment nnamdi kanu saboutages or keeps his mouth shut about the biafra issue,we will take his life
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by badonkadonk: 7:46am On Dec 18, 2015
Efe3:

it is your uncivilised nigerian army that took the lives ot those innocent.

There can never be smoke without fire...

Why una no protest for una biafra when Gej and the shepopo.ta.mus dey for aso rock...?

Cos he lost, u guys deemed it fit to cause unnecessary raucous... Let's call a spade a spade.. Biafra protesters took the lives of those innocent people...

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by marlockj: 7:47am On Dec 18, 2015
iconaus:

But Biafra wana go . Whats wrong about that .?

If only I culd understand your comment with regards to my post
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by obailala(m): 7:49am On Dec 18, 2015
Lemon12:
Thank buhari ke !! For what kwanu? Court gave order for nnamdi Release not buhari...

They should sue buhari for illegal detention not thanking him
Very funny way to reason like a kid... But when he was arrested by the police, you screamed it was Buhari. .. Now all charges against him by the FG and DSS are withdrawn unconditionally and the court declares him free but you say it is the 'court' ? cheesy
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 18, 2015
obailala:
Very funny way to reason like a kid... But when he was arrested by the police, you screamed it was Buhari. .. Now all charges against him by the FG and DSS are withdrawn unconditionally and the court declares him free but you say it is the 'court' ? cheesy
can't u read ? The charges were struck out by the Court .. Not withdrawn .. FG got no case on him ..
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by franklingud(m): 7:55am On Dec 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
Nnamdi is the man, but bro, igbo man cannot be Nigeria's president because dem no go allow am.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by franklingud(m): 7:55am On Dec 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
Nnamdi is the man, but bro, igbo man cannot be Nigeria's president because dem no go agree am.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by datribune: 8:00am On Dec 18, 2015
Releasing Kanu sends d wrong message. A man who is on tape soliciting 4 bullets & guns to fight a war of secession against our country now gets to go home free. Who will bring back d fools dat lost their lives because of dis misguided psycopath?.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by obailala(m): 8:07am On Dec 18, 2015
Lemon12:
can't u read ? The charges were struck out by the Court .. Not withdrawn .. FG got no case on him ..
Jesus Christ!.... did you just ask me if I can read?.... What have you been reading yourself?... have you been reading upside down? shocked undecided

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/12/nigerian-court-releases-detained-biafra-campaigner-151217174019854.html
Nigerian court releases detained Biafra campaigner

A Nigerian court has ordered the release of a pro-Biafran activist whose arrest prompted a series of protests in Africa's most populous country.

Nnamdi Kanu had been in the custody of the Department of State Services (DSS) since his arrest in October for operating pirate Radio Biafra and belonging to an unlawful organisation.

The order by the Abuja high court on Thursday to free Kanu came a day after the prosecution withdrew criminal charges against him in a magistrate court.

"I set aside the orders of November 10, 2015 and order the release of the applicant [Kanu] on bail unconditionally," Judge Adeniyi Ademola said, reversing an earlier order.

He said there was no need to further detain Kanu because "there is no charge before any competent court of jurisdiction" against him....
I hope you know the meaning of the word, 'prosecution' as used in the report?

Some just have eyes but cannot see while others have an education, but instead of reading, the choose to get their information from roadside mechanics, vulcanisers, bus conductors and igbereTV. It's a pity!

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 18, 2015
obailala:
Jesus Christ!.... did you just ask me if I can read?.... What have you been reading yourself?... have you been reading upside down? shocked undecided

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/12/nigerian-court-releases-detained-biafra-campaigner-151217174019854.htmlI hope you know the meaning of the word, 'prosecution' as used in the report?

Some just have eyes but cannot see while others have an education, but instead of reading, the choose to get their information from roadside mechanics, vulcanisers, bus conductors and igbereTV. It's a pity!
Egbon stop spitting Shits ...

DSS withdrew their case from the magistrate court .. Saying they got new findings of terrorism participation on him (kanu)

So they said magistrate court is too small to handle the case so they are moving him to federal high court to charge for terrorism ...

DSS still went to the federal high court to obtain order to keep nnamdi in detention for anoda 90days

Nnamdi legal team then file a case to the FHC to discontinue the case cuz DSS have no reasonable charges against nnamdi ... And have not come up wit any for 2months since kanu arrest ..

So the court struck out DSS case nd Also the previous order to keep him for more 90days
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by gcof(m): 8:30am On Dec 18, 2015
He must have signed an MoU with the FG. Its now time for him to betray his followers. Do not be surprised if this biafra match takes an unexpected turn

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Deepfreezer(m): 8:37am On Dec 18, 2015
welcome home our President and commander in Chief. the struggle for Freedom continues.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Billygee2u: 8:42am On Dec 18, 2015
adonbilivit:
Re: Nnamdi Kanu's Family Thanks Buhari & Nigerians Over His Release by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 18, 2015
obailala:

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2015/12/nigerian-court-releases-detained-biafra-campaigner-151217174019854.htmlI hope you know the meaning of the word, 'prosecution' as used in the report?

Ruling on a bail application filed by his lawyer, Mr. Vincent Egechukwu Obeta, Justice Ademola also set aside an order earlier granted the DSS to detain Kanu for 90 days to enable the security agency complete its investigation.

The judge said Kanu’s continued detention after three months without trial, violated section 158 of theAdministration of Criminal Justice (ACJ) Act 2015 and section 35 of the 1999 Constitution.

He said there was no law that permits the DSS or any other security agency to detain any Nigerian beyond the period stipulated by the Constitution, when in fact, there was no intention to put the person on trial.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Shows His Ongoing School Project In Kogi State (photos / See APC Receipt For 2023 Nomination Form After Collecting N100M / Why I Fired Police IG, Suleiman Abba – Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.