Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions (46119 Views)

JAMB Orders All Institutions To End 2017 Admissions January 25 / Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta 2016/2017 Screen Exercise Form Is Out / 2016/2017 Direct Entry, Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, FUNAAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by pseudonomer: 9:57pm On Dec 17, 2015
This thread is for 2016/2017 Admissions.

2016/2017 Admission Session Has Been Opened For Fresh And Direct Entry Students
Guidelines for Online Application
Procedure

Eligible candidates are to access the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta FUNAAB Admission Portal, click on "Apply for Admission" and enter their JAMB UTME or JAMB Direct Entry Registration Numbers to generate and print out their Application Invoice which states their Reference Number and other information on payment of a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand and Five Hundred Naira (N2,500.00) only, including REMITA fees.

Candidates should proceed to any Bank accepting REMITA payment (nationwide) or Online using debit card or via Internet Banking and make payment of the prescribed fee using the REMITA Reference Number.
After payment, candidates are to proceed to FUNAAB Admission Portal and complete the e-application form as appropriate.
Application opens on Thursday, 30th June 2016 and closes on Tuesday, 12th July, 2016.
On uploading of all required details, candidates are expected to first preview and confirm the entries before clicking on Submit on the acknowledgement page.

Candidates should thereafter print out the Application Form displaying their passport photograph.
Correction of wrongly entered data attracts a fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only as penalty and can be effected online not later than the closing date of the application. Click here for details.

Candidates who up-load wrong Bio-Data, O’ Level results and UTME/OND/HND/NCE/A'Level/IJMB/JUPEB results will be automatically disqualified.
NOTE: The Pre-Admission Screening Exercise is interactive and holds from Monday, 25th July, 2016 to Wednesday, 27th July, 2016. Candidates are to check the FUNAAB Admission Portal from Wednesday 20th July, 2016 to check their status. Short-listed candidates should print and note their screening venues and dates.

Be sure to visit www.admission.unaab.edu.ng
for more information

A minimum of 180 marks in the following programmes:

Agricultural Economics and Farm Management,
Agricultural Extension and Rural Development,
Animal Nutrition,
Animal Physiology,
Animal Production and Health,
Aquaculture and Fisheries Management,
Animal Breeding and Genetics,
Agricultural Administration,
Crop Protection,
Environmental Management and Toxicology,
Forestry and Wildlife Management,
Horticulture,
Pasture and Range Management,
Plant Breeding and Seed Technology,
Plant Physiology and Crop Production,
Soil Science and Land Management,
Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology

Or a minimum of 200 marks in the following programmes:

Biochemistry
Biology
Chemistry
Microbiology
Computer Science
Mathematics
Statistics
Physics
Food Science and Technology
Home Science and Management
Hospitality and Tourism
Nutrition and Dietetics
Agricultural Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Mechatronic Engineering
Veterinary Medicine
Accounting
Business Administration
Banking and Finance
Entrepreneurial Studies

DE Minimum Requirement is Upper Credit

Admission Requirements

For Bachelor of Agriculture with Options in:
(i) Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
(ii) Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
(iii) Agricultural Administration
(iv) Animal Breeding and Genetics
(v) Animal Science/ Animal Nutrition
(vi) Animal Physiology
(vi) Animal Production and Health
(vii) Pasture and Range Management
(viii) Crop Protection
(ix) Horticulture
(x) Plant Breeding &Seed Technology
(xi) Plant Physiology Crop Production
(xii) Soil Science and Land Management

O'Level Requirements: SSCE Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level/WASC credit passes in five subjects English Language, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Physics.
UTME Subjects: English, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and Mathematics or Physics.
Waives and Special consideration/Other Qualifications For UTME: i) Candidates with Pass in Biology and credit pass in
Agricultural Science are considered for admission.
ii) Pass in Physics is acceptable

For Bachelor of Science
Biochemistry
Biological Science (with options in):
i.) Botany
ii.) Zoology
Microbiology
O'Level Requirements: SSCE Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level/WASC credit passes in five subjects English Language, Chemistry,
Mathematics, Biology and Physics obtained in not more than two sitting. Pass in Physics or Biology is not acceptable.
UTME Subjects: English, Chemistry, Biology and Physics or Mathematics

Chemistry
O'level Requirements: SSCE Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level/WASC credit passes in five subjects English Language, Mathematics,Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
UTME Subjects: English, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics or Biology.

Computer Science
Physics
Mathematics
Statistics
O'Level Requirements: SSCE Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level/WASC credit passes in five subjects English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
UTME Subjects: English, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry

Bachelor of Science:
Food Science and Technology
Nutrition and Dietetics
Food Service and Tourism
Home Science and Management with Options in:
(i)Child Development and Family Studies
(ii)Clothing and Textiles
(iii) Home and Furnishing Design
(iv) Rural Development
O'Level Requirements: SSCE Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level/WASC credit passes in five subjects English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
UTME Subjects: English, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or Physics.

Bachelor of Engineering
(with specialization in:
(i) Agricultural Engineering
(ii) Civil Engineering
(iii) Electrical and Electronics Engineering
(iv) Mechanical Engineering
UTME Requirements: English, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.

Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
O'Level Requirements: SSCE Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level/WASC credit passes in five subjects English Language, Chemistry,
Mathematics, Biology and Physics obtained in not more than two sitting
UTME Requirements: English, Chemistry, Biology and Physics

Bachelor of Science:
Accounting
Banking and Finance
Business Administration
Entrepreneurial Studies
Economics

O'Level Requirements: SSCE Certificate or GCE ‘O’ Level/WASC credit passes in five subjects English Language,Mathematics,
Economics and any two of Government, Commerce , Financial Account, Geography in not more than two sitting.
UTME Subjects: English, Mathematics, Economics and one of Government, Commerce, Financial Accounts, Geography
Waives and Special consideration/Other Qualifications For UTME: Degree in Economics: – ‘O’Level credit pass in Physics may be considered for admission.

Bachelor of Meteorology and Water Resources Management (with option in)
(i) Water Resource & Hydrology
(ii) Meteorology

Mathematics, Biology and Physics obtained in not more than two sitting. In addition, candidates must possess ‘O’ level
credit pass in Geography.
UTME Requirements: English, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.

Bachelor of Forestry and Wildlife Management with option in
(i) Forestry
(ii) Wildlife Management

Bachelor of Fisheries Management
Mathematics, Biology and Physics obtained in not more than two sitting.
UTME Subjects: English, Chemistry, Biology or Agricultural Science and Mathematics or Physics.
Waives and Special consideration/Other Qualifications For UTME: i) Candidates with Pass in Biology and credit pass in
Agricultural Science are considered for admission.
ii) Pass in Physics is acceptable

Bachelor of Environmental Management and Toxicology(with options in):
i) Environmental Management
ii) Toxicology

Mathematics, Biology and Physics obtained in not more than two sitting. Pass in Physics or Biology is not acceptable.
UTME Subjects: English, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics or Physics.
Source: http://www.unaab.edu.ng/attachments/Admission%20Requirements.pdf

Screening exercise is a mandatory requirement for both Direct Entry and UTME admission to FUNAAB this year. The Screening Exercise is computer-based. Direct Entry candidates would be tested in English, Mathematics and General Studies.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Olubodef(m): 10:21pm On Dec 27, 2015
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Patoskid(m): 10:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
#Following
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Jamzig1(m): 9:22am On Dec 28, 2015
Hmmm...another saga
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Orestino(m): 12:45pm On Dec 28, 2015
funaab2016!!! teamelectricalelectronics.. Jah help!!
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by emekakelvin(m): 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
how transparent is funaab admission processing......I have heard lots of stories concerning this
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by dharay99: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2015
lemme hanq around....
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by phemmyjohnson: 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2015
oga pseudonomer! i wud have suggested we use the same thread 2015 for 2016 buh since you opened this already, I STAND TO RAISE THE MOTION TO USE THIS THREAD for 2016/2017... thank you!!!
hapi xmas bro....
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by phemmyjohnson: 9:25pm On Dec 30, 2015
emekakelvin:
how transparent is funaab admission processing......I have heard lots of stories concerning this

no school is 100% transparent boss, wat ever you have heard! where ever you heard the info, disregard everytin at once.. People like you and me are always admitted every year with no special peference for anyone..
Be determined and its yours...
prayer is the key tho.........

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by pseudonomer: 7:59am On Jan 05, 2016
phemmyjohnson:
oga pseudonomer! i wud have suggested we use the same thread 2015 for 2016 buh since you opened this already, I STAND TO RAISE THE MOTION TO USE THIS THREAD for 2016/2017... thank you!!!
hapi xmas bro....

Sir, I think it's better to create a new thread for each academic section to keep things organized and stay focused.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Elizabethojo: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
gud afternoon everyone
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Bimffo(m): 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
Na Fast Fast. grin grin
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by phemmyjohnson: 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2016
pseudonomer:

Sir, I think it's better to create a new thread for each academic section to keep things organized and stay focused.

ok sir...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by phemmyjohnson: 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
Elizabethojo:
gud afternoon everyone
Aftunun ma"am/sir...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by stevebent(m): 9:57am On Jan 10, 2016
Pls I need information on how unaab does its admission. And how transparent it is. I'm going for civil engineering. What should be my target if I should be admitted?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by pseudonomer: 11:07am On Jan 10, 2016
stevebent:
Pls I need information on how unaab does its admission. And how transparent it is. I'm going for civil engineering. What should be my target if I should be admitted?
You need a combination of good O'level result, JAMB UTME Score and Post UTME Score. Civil Engineering is very competitive in FUNAAB.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Temitope012(m): 2:02pm On Jan 10, 2016
Pls, who knows hw funnab set der post DE exam?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by cee001(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
stevebent:
Once u merit d admission u merit it. Funaab still adheres to merit....but u have to score very high(Jamb,putme,O level) to b on d safe side,considering that your supposed course is competitive or else u may b given an alternate course if u did not reach d cut off of CVE
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by cee001(m): 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
Temitope012:
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Olubodef(m): 11:21pm On Jan 11, 2016
Temitope012:
for mgt student, it is maths, eng and economics wile for science student it is maths,eng,phy,Chem and biology... d exam is cbt
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by shucro: 8:41am On Jan 12, 2016
abeg is dia any diff btw unaab and funaab??
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by cee001(m): 8:48am On Jan 12, 2016
shucro:
abeg is dia any diff btw unaab and funaab??
same school...just an additional change to reflect d federal nature of d sch. [f]unaab
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Temitope012(m): 1:11am On Jan 13, 2016
Olubodef:

for mgt student, it is maths, eng and economics wile for science student it is maths,eng,phy,Chem and biology... d exam is cbt

Hw many questions nd hw many minutes?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Olubodef(m): 12:28am On Jan 15, 2016
Temitope012:

Hw many questions nd hw many minutes?
50 quest and d duration is 30 minutes

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Dariye(m): 9:37pm On Mar 08, 2016
Following
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Dariye(m): 9:48pm On Mar 08, 2016
Olubodef:

Olubodef:

The questions are 50 right? but what about the marking, is it over 100(i.e 2marks to each question)? because i have been hearing advises concerning scoring above 55 for my course, so i want to know whether it is over 100 or maybe 70.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Edroom: 10:15pm On Mar 08, 2016
My man just open another thread, lets rock it as we used to do. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD POSTUME PAST QUESTIONS http://www.9jaread.com/p/post-ume.html
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Edroom: 10:54pm On Mar 08, 2016
Edroom:
Below are things we believe you need to know about the Federal University Of Agriculture , Abeokuta . • the Post UTME exams to be written in the Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta is a Computer Based Test (CBT) hence no past- question can be obtained. • Your waec results determine your chances to a greater extent since it is used in calculating your total marks for admission purposes • once you meet the UTME cut off mark of 200 and you meet the required POST UTME score for a pass, be sure you will get a course to study; though if you do not do too well, you might not get your course of choice, unless your course is not competitive . List of Competitive courses in Funaab are 1. All Engineering courses are competitive ( the least competitive is Agricultural Engineering. ) 2. Almost all COINAS (college of Natural sciences) Courses ( Computer sc, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Mathematics, Phsics, Statistics .. Biology is the least competitive . ) 2. COLERM Courses like Environmental management and toxicology & Wma.. Aqfm and Fwm are the least competitive 4. Veterinary Medicine is very Competitive . 5. COLAMRUD courses like (Ae & Fm), (Ae & Rd) are a bit competitive . 6. COLFECH courses also are a bit competitive ( Food Science and Technology & Nutrition and Dietist. Hsm is the least competitive ). 7. In COLANIM Aph is very competitive the rest are not all that competitive except for Animal Breeding and Genetics. 8. Generally all COPLANT courses are not competitive .. If you dont get your first choice of course Coplant is more of the place you'll find yourself in if your not lucky with other departments. • So just try and get good grades.. Funaab hardly accpets 2nd choice university students, however in some cases they do accept. To calculate your current score, before post-utme, • step one * divide ur jamb by 8 * second step A1 is 6 b2 is 5 b3 is 4 c4 is 3 c5 is 2 c6 is 1 .third step sum the o-level and multiply it by 20 and divide it by 30..... . forth step Your post utme multiply by 0.3. ABOUT YOUR POST-UTME subject to be taken by science students include; • maths, english, chemistry, physics and biology (10 questions each) Management includes; • maths,english and economics only (50 questions) but randomly for about 30minutes.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Dariye(m): 11:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
[quote author=Edroom post=43601509][/quote]

so,after all the calculations, what next, do u add them up or what, pls expantiate more on the next step after all the calculations.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Dariye(m): 12:24am On Mar 09, 2016
....and again, does FUNAAB give consideration/preference to indegenes?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by wanderlust007(m): 8:16am On Mar 09, 2016
Dariye:
....and again, does FUNAAB give consideration/preference to indegenes?
no. it doesn't any "catchment area"
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Edroom: 8:44am On Mar 09, 2016
Dariye:

so,after all the calculations, what next, do u add them up or what, pls expantiate more on the next step after all the calculations.
your jamb , post utme and olevel will be added and everything to 100 percent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Contact Me For Any Info About University Of Ilorin / Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London / Nigerian Twins, Nicole And Niole Graduate From University (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.