Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions (46110 Views)

JAMB Orders All Institutions To End 2017 Admissions January 25 / Federal University Of Agriculture Abeokuta 2016/2017 Screen Exercise Form Is Out / 2016/2017 Direct Entry, Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta, FUNAAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 08, 2016
please,has any d.e candidate been invited
it's urgent
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by SarcasticSage(m): 10:08am On Sep 08, 2016
norrteaboy:
please,has any d.e candidate been invited

it's urgent
they have tho.......
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Bimffo(m): 2:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
If You were invited for the screening. Quote me and drop your numbers. A group with our mates is waiting for Us.

Just quote me and drop your numbers and if You can't drop your numbers Add me on 09059629795

Have a rest of mind, You are already admitted into Funaab.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by lekelistik: 8:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
Bimffo:
If You were invited for the screening. Quote me and drop your numbers. A group with our mates is waiting for Us.

Just quote me and drop your numbers.

Instead drop your number and those interested will message u on whatsapp some ppl might not feel comfortable leaving their number on the forum and those that ain't members would also have the opportunity to join.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Orestino(m): 8:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
Bimffo:

Just quote me and drop your numbers.

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by garlicrey(m): 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2016
September 10, 2016

PRESS RELEASE
*from the university*

FUNAAB to resume soon, NUC Commends Excellent Pre-Screening Excercise
The statutory body charged with the responsibility for regulating the activities of universities in the country, the National Universities Commission (NUC), has commended the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), for successfully carrying out the 2016/2017 Pre-Admission Screening Exercise, for prospective students of the University.

The Senior Information and Monitoring Officer of NUC, Mr. Mohammed Tanko, who represented NUC at the occasion, lauded members of staff of FUNAAB and other government functionaries that actively participated in the 2016/2017 Pre-Admission Screening Exercise, for a job well done in terms of logistics, welfare, thoroughness and adherence to laid down procedures. Mr. Tanko stated that his task was to monitor the screening exercise, to ensure that the University does not breach the directive of the Federal Government given through the Honourable Minister of Education.

The Senior Information and Monitoring Officer added that, “So far so good, the process has been smooth. I observed that the security arrangements were properly made. The traffic and strategy that were deployed by both the internal and external security personnel, the Department of State Services (DSS) officers, which I saw on ground and men of other sister-agencies, who participated in the screening, were very much commendable. The strategy of the decentralised screening centre (as adopted by FUNAAB) was commendable, as students were well taken care of while transportation logistic was also commendable.

He stated further that, “One thing that was encouraging was the inclusion of security agents among members of the screening panel, especially, those from the National Drug and Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) and the DSS. They interviewed and studied the students and this helped to drop students, who are not competent enough to gain admission into federal universities, because federal institutions are the property of the Federal Government. I am very proud of the process and the formation of the panel because we have to ensure that candidates, who are qualified, are admitted while those who do not merit admission do not come and take the place of those who we really need to be productive agents in the future.”

The NUC official added that FUNAAB had a very beautiful campus, saying “I love the typography. The University is well maintained, the environment is serene, although, the students are not on campus. But from what I can see, I think that the Management of the University is taking care of its assets”. He charged the University Management to keep up the high standards, most especially, in the maintenance of the campus environment and continue to ensure quality as “we expect to have quality graduate output that would compete in private and public sectors within and outside the country. So, I advise that you adhere to NUC guidelines in the areas of admission quota, rules and regulations that would come from the government through the Federal Ministry of Education”.
The Vice-Chancellor of FUNAAB and President, Association of African Universities, Professor Olusola Oyewole, who was physically on ground to monitor the exercise, disclosed that the screening exercise was very important, to ensure that only responsible and qualified students, who would add value to the quality of the educational system were admitted, as he charged the prospective students to be up and doing, assuring all that they were in the right environment that would help them fulfill their destinies in life.
Speaking on the resumption date for stale students, the Vice-Chancellor revealed that the committee that was set up to investigate the recent students' unrest had just submitted its report, adding that the Senate would soon sit to consider the report and take a decision on the new resumption date for the University.

1 Like

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Dariye(m): 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2016
garlicrey:
September 10, 2016

PRESS RELEASE
*from the university*

FUNAAB to resume soon, NUC Commends Excellent Pre-Screening Excercise
The statutory body charged with the responsibility for regulating the activities of universities in the country, the National Universities Commission (NUC), has commended the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), for successfully carrying out the 2016/2017 Pre-Admission Screening Exercise, for prospective students of the University.

The Senior Information and Monitoring Officer of NUC, Mr. Mohammed Tanko, who represented NUC at the occasion, lauded members of staff of FUNAAB and other government functionaries that actively participated in the 2016/2017 Pre-Admission Screening Exercise, for a job well done in terms of logistics, welfare, thoroughness and adherence to laid down procedures. Mr. Tanko stated that his task was to monitor the screening exercise, to ensure that the University does not breach the directive of the Federal Government given through the Honourable Minister of Education.

The Senior Information and Monitoring Officer added that, “So far so good, the process has been smooth. I observed that the security arrangements were properly made. The traffic and strategy that were deployed by both the internal and external security personnel, the Department of State Services (DSS) officers, which I saw on ground and men of other sister-agencies, who participated in the screening, were very much commendable. The strategy of the decentralised screening centre (as adopted by FUNAAB) was commendable, as students were well taken care of while transportation logistic was also commendable.

He stated further that, “One thing that was encouraging was the inclusion of security agents among members of the screening panel, especially, those from the National Drug and Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) and the DSS. They interviewed and studied the students and this helped to drop students, who are not competent enough to gain admission into federal universities, because federal institutions are the property of the Federal Government. I am very proud of the process and the formation of the panel because we have to ensure that candidates, who are qualified, are admitted while those who do not merit admission do not come and take the place of those who we really need to be productive agents in the future.”

The NUC official added that FUNAAB had a very beautiful campus, saying “I love the typography. The University is well maintained, the environment is serene, although, the students are not on campus. But from what I can see, I think that the Management of the University is taking care of its assets”. He charged the University Management to keep up the high standards, most especially, in the maintenance of the campus environment and continue to ensure quality as “we expect to have quality graduate output that would compete in private and public sectors within and outside the country. So, I advise that you adhere to NUC guidelines in the areas of admission quota, rules and regulations that would come from the government through the Federal Ministry of Education”.
The Vice-Chancellor of FUNAAB and President, Association of African Universities, Professor Olusola Oyewole, who was physically on ground to monitor the exercise, disclosed that the screening exercise was very important, to ensure that only responsible and qualified students, who would add value to the quality of the educational system were admitted, as he charged the prospective students to be up and doing, assuring all that they were in the right environment that would help them fulfill their destinies in life.
Speaking on the resumption date for stale students, the Vice-Chancellor revealed that the committee that was set up to investigate the recent students' unrest had just submitted its report, adding that the Senate would soon sit to consider the report and take a decision on the new resumption date for the University.

Are you trying to say the screening exercise is over, that means no 2nd batch and what we should be expecting next is the admission list?
Interesting.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Dimejimichael(m): 9:45am On Sep 11, 2016
Dariye:

Are you trying to say the screening exercise is over, that means no 2nd batch and what we should be expecting next is the admission list?
Interesting.
should be keep checking or we should just give up?
I don't think dey will b conducting any screening for d 2nd batch,,,waste of time, waste of money
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by garlicrey(m): 10:06am On Sep 11, 2016
Dariye:

Interesting.
bro that's why I saw too...I haven't been invited too
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by AmazingDanny(m): 7:53am On Sep 12, 2016
garlicrey:
bro that's why I saw too...I haven't been invited too
another wasted year. feel like giving up on everything
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by pseudonomer: 10:40am On Sep 12, 2016
Dariye:

Interesting.

There is always a screening for the first batch and another screening for the second batch. Some people will miss out on first batch admission, some will not scale through the screening, some will reject the admission given to them, and some may not pay for the acceptance fees. So I guess there will be a second batch admission. There has always been! Just pray and push, if you can.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Exclusive4It: 11:03am On Sep 12, 2016
pseudonomer:

There is always a screening for the first batch and another screening for the second batch. Some people will miss out on first batch admission, some will not scale through the screening, some will reject the admission given to them, and some may not pay for the acceptance fees. So I guess there will be a second batch admission. There has always been! Just pray and push, if you can.

Bro, been a while. How have you been? Been tryna reach you for a while now. It's Sijuola.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by tree63: 11:56am On Sep 12, 2016
Hello greetings, am new here.. Please would like to know if funaab accepts OND banking & finance for accounting & if they accept 2nd choice for D.E..
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Dariye(m): 1:20pm On Sep 12, 2016
Bimffo:

Just quote me and drop your numbers and if You can't drop your numbers Add me on 09059629795

Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by pseudonomer: 1:26pm On Sep 12, 2016
Exclusive4It:

Bro, been a while. How have you been? Been tryna reach you for a while now. It's Sijuola.

I lost my phone, Got admitted?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Exclusive4It: 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2016
pseudonomer:

I lost my phone, Got admitted?

Is the admission list out?
I was invited for screening though. Please how do I get your new contact info ?
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by pseudonomer: 3:02am On Sep 13, 2016
Exclusive4It:

Is the admission list out?
I was invited for screening though. Please how do I get your new contact info ?

okay, send me a private message
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by MhizVeronica(f): 11:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
Bimffo:

08128737456 Simi by name
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Bimffo(m): 2:48am On Sep 23, 2016

Just quote me and drop your numbers and if You can't drop your numbers Add me on 09059629795.

PS: Please if you will quote me, mention your name.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by dharay99: 10:14am On Sep 23, 2016
lipsrsealed
Page 12.? Hmm as usual,
Una well-done here o0...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by RobinHez(m): 10:22am On Sep 23, 2016
dharay99:
lipsrsealed
Page 12.? Hmm as usual, Una well-done here o0...
Troublemaker... grin
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by dharay99: 10:58am On Sep 23, 2016
RobinHez:

Troublemaker... grin
don't mind him, I usually tell him too...
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by richforeverMM: 12:46am On Sep 24, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]

FUNAAB Resumption of Academic Activities

Senate of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta at its Special Meeting held on Tuesday, 20th September, 2016, considered the report of the Committee on Students’ Unrest of Thursday, 18th August, 2016 and took the following decisions:

Resumption date for the Students
Senate approved Monday, 3rd October, 2106 as the resumption date for the students following the closure arising from the Unrest.
Arrangement for Security - Facilitation of the establishment of a Police Station in the Communities opposite the University Campus by the University Administration
Senate approved facilitation of the establishment of a Police Station in the Communities opposite the University Campus by the University Administration.
Payment of Claims to People whose Properties were damaged as a result of the Students’ Unrest.
Senate approved payment of claims made by claimants arising from the damages to properties during the Students’ Unrest.
Formulation of Off-Campus Policy for Students Residing Out-Side the University Campus
Senate approved the constitution of an Ad-hoc Committee on the formulation of Off-Campus Policy for Students residing out-side the University Campus. Senate noted that the off-Campus Policy became necessary in view of the repeated cases of thefts and robberies being experienced by some of the off-campus Students, especially in the Communities adjoining the campus.
Payment of the sum of Five Thousand Naira per Student as Reparation Fee
Senate approved the payment of the sum of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00),(inclusive of REMITA charges) per student as reparation fee.
Senate also directed that in addition to the payment, students should present letter of undertaking to be of good conduct from their parents and affidavit from the Court of law. Deadline for compliance is 4th October, 2016.
Procedure for Payment
Students should make payment into the University REMITA Account using the following guidelines:
Visit the student portal: portal.unaab.edu.ng and click on Reparation Fee
Create and print the “September 2016 Student Unrest Reparation Fee Invoice”
Pay the fee online via debit card; internet banking or through any bank accepting REMITA Payment
Return to student portal: portal.unaab.edu.ng and click on “Print Receipt”
Input your Invoice Number and Print your Receipt
Take the receipt to your Head of Department for clearance.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by richforeverMM: 12:46am On Sep 24, 2016
FUNAAB Resumption of Academic Activities

Senate of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta at its Special Meeting held on Tuesday, 20th September, 2016, considered the report of the Committee on Students’ Unrest of Thursday, 18th August, 2016 and took the following decisions:

Resumption date for the Students
Senate approved Monday, 3rd October, 2106 as the resumption date for the students following the closure arising from the Unrest.
Arrangement for Security - Facilitation of the establishment of a Police Station in the Communities opposite the University Campus by the University Administration
Senate approved facilitation of the establishment of a Police Station in the Communities opposite the University Campus by the University Administration.
Payment of Claims to People whose Properties were damaged as a result of the Students’ Unrest.
Senate approved payment of claims made by claimants arising from the damages to properties during the Students’ Unrest.
Formulation of Off-Campus Policy for Students Residing Out-Side the University Campus
Senate approved the constitution of an Ad-hoc Committee on the formulation of Off-Campus Policy for Students residing out-side the University Campus. Senate noted that the off-Campus Policy became necessary in view of the repeated cases of thefts and robberies being experienced by some of the off-campus Students, especially in the Communities adjoining the campus.
Payment of the sum of Five Thousand Naira per Student as Reparation Fee
Senate approved the payment of the sum of Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00),(inclusive of REMITA charges) per student as reparation fee.
Senate also directed that in addition to the payment, students should present letter of undertaking to be of good conduct from their parents and affidavit from the Court of law. Deadline for compliance is 4th October, 2016.
Procedure for Payment
Students should make payment into the University REMITA Account using the following guidelines:
Visit the student portal: portal.unaab.edu.ng and click on Reparation Fee
Create and print the “September 2016 Student Unrest Reparation Fee Invoice”
Pay the fee online via debit card; internet banking or through any bank accepting REMITA Payment
Return to student portal: portal.unaab.edu.ng and click on “Print Receipt”
Input your Invoice Number and Print your Receipt
Take the receipt to your Head of Department for clearance.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Bimffo(m): 4:27am On Sep 26, 2016

Just quote me and drop your numbers and if You can't drop your numbers Add me on 09059629795.

PS: Please if you will quote me, mention your name. smiley
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Orestino(m): 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2016
This thread is very much boring and short..
what the fvck!
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by Bimffo(m): 3:46am On Oct 31, 2016
Lol. The thread is actually boring.

I would have loved to help and make it lively.

But I can smell my Exams already.

No time to really reply quotes.

If you want to get along with me though and meet new students, add me on Whatsapp with this number 09059629795.
Re: Federal University Of Agriculture, Abeokuta 2016/2017 Admissions by dam4wummy(m): 3:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
Heard the screening has commenced, how true?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Long, Black Snake Killed In UNILAG Postgraduate Hostel / Contact Me For Any Info About University Of Ilorin / Habiba Sule Adejoh Graduates With First Class From University College London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.