Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu (3525 Views)

Woman Confesses : I’ve Been Having Sex With My Dead Husband For 4 Years / She Doesn't Want To Date Me Because I'm An Atheist / She Refused To Date Me Because I'm Short.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 18, 2015
"Is there anyone you'd like to call?"

A thousand thoughts race through her mind as she holds on to the dining chair, her knees, suddenly seem unable to bear the weight of her rubbery legs.

"Madam? Is there anyone you'd like to call?" He asks again.

She shakes her head in denial, seeing and yet unseeing the three strangers in her dining room. Her grip on the chair shakes as she wobbles on her feet. One man immediately grabs her from behind.

"Take it easy, madam," they chorus as the man helps her to one of the chairs.

They wear a forlorn mien plastered with furrowed frowning faces like people whose inhalation of the putrid smell of stinking fart, affect. Her expression is vacant as she stares back at them, their images so blurring and blending into one another that she thinks it is a dream; a very bad dream that if she shuts her eyes and opens will go away. She does this but the men are still there, staring back at her with solemn faces.

"I'm so sorry..."

The eldest-looking one among them speaks but she cannot understand through the haze that is settling over her soul. She tries to listen to him but deep down she does not believe all he is saying. She does not want to believe it.

He speaks of details that are like a buzz in her brain, of arrangements to be made. But it is all lost on her.

They leave and she is alone in the house she and Nduka rented when they newly got married. The house they had saved for, painted and decorated together. The house they had planned to welcome their child in, together.

She hears her own keening as she collapses on the floor by her front door. Lying on her side, she gathers herself into a ball in defense and denial.

Nduka cannot be dead. He is young and healthy. He is coming home and they are having his favourite soup, ofe onugbu for dinner. Slowly, the words of the men that had left begins to seep into her brain.

...a mistake, the taxi driver hadn't seen him coming.

Visit ikcheez..com for more

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Young03(m): 9:48am On Dec 18, 2015
ok. ....will read later
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 18, 2015
shocked
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Cholls(m): 9:51am On Dec 18, 2015
osedvgirl:
shocked
my sister are you this clueless?! No offence.
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by RexKexMilann: 9:53am On Dec 18, 2015
OP Summarize This Poo, Plenty talk no Dey Full basket undecided.
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by obiorathesubtle: 9:55am On Dec 18, 2015
I blame the man for marrying her in the first place..

Taaaah! Osu people!
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 18, 2015
Cholls:
my sister are you this clueless?! No offence.
cheesy
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 18, 2015
RexKexMilann:
OP Summarize This Poo, Plenty talk no Dey Full basket undecided.

The title says its all undecided
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by SINNZ(m): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2015
I'm not osu, but I've never supported the concept since day 1. People should realise that these things should fade away with time! The concept behind this osu thingy is does not conform with the current trends. Its utterly useless in this generation and will sound even more stupid in the next. Igbo's need to grow up!

2 Likes

Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:
I'm not osu, but I've never supported the concept since day 1. People should realise that these things should fade away with time! The concept behind this osu thingy is does not conform with the current trends. Its utterly useless in this generation and will sound even more stupid in the next. Igbo's need to grow up!

My dear its tradition and its smth that may never go away with time
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by SINNZ(m): 10:21am On Dec 18, 2015
Suigeneris93:

My dear its tradition and its smth that may never go away with time

Its was "tradition" to kill twins and albino's before wasn't it?

At some point in yoruba land, they used to think people suffering from malaria were possessed by "abiku"

Many of these so-called traditions have faded away with time. And this one will surely die a natural death. Even as a christian, do u still believe in such nonsense??

I've even had this argument with my pops before. I told him I'll marry whoever I deem fit be it osu or yoruba or even hausa and if he doesn't support me, he might as well count me out of his family and let me make mine! QED.

7 Likes

Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 18, 2015
SINNZ:

At some point in yoruba land, they used to think people suffering from malaria were possessed by "abiku"

Many of these so-called traditions have faded away with time. And this one will surely die a natural death. Even as a christian, do u still believe in such nonsense??

I've even had this argument with my pops before. I told him I'll marry whoever I deem fit be it osu or yoruba or even hausa and if he doesn't support me, he might as well count me out of his family and let me make mine! QED.

Few bred and brought up Igbo peeps in the heart of Igboland feel the way you do. No matter the amount of exposure to western influence and xtianity
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by SINNZ(m): 11:14am On Dec 18, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Few bred and brought up Igbo peeps in the heart of Igboland feel the way you do. No matter the amount of exposure to western influence and xtianity
Okay oo. Its just my opinion.
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Emac34: 1:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
It has been long eva since i read a novel so i dnt tink I shud start 1 here
no offence jus kiddinggrin
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by davidflo(m): 3:29am On Dec 20, 2015
OP, please are you the original writer of the above work?
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by phabulous88(m): 5:51am On Dec 20, 2015
I like us style of writing. Keep it up..
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Lanceslot(m): 6:08am On Dec 20, 2015
SINNZ:

You are on a long thing.. Its not just about him not supporting you alone, you will be rejected by your kindred too. There are things beyond our power as human being, things you can't change even if you wish to. Tradition is peoples way of life, you can't just throw it away.
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 6:50am On Dec 20, 2015
davidflo:
OP, please are you the original writer of the above work?

Yes,y?
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 20, 2015
phabulous88:
I like us style of writing. Keep it up..

Thanks!
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by eyinjuege: 6:58am On Dec 20, 2015
SINNZ:

Abikus had more to do with sickle cell anemia I think..

At the OSU thing, people should learn to deal with others on individual merits and stop the stigma. It's unfortunate.
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 7:10am On Dec 20, 2015
eyinjuege:

At the OSU thing, people should learn to deal with others on individual merits and stop the stigma. It's unfortunate.

Funny enuf, the Igbo society is one of the most egalitarian, if not the only egalitarian society in Nigeria
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by SINNZ(m): 7:42am On Dec 20, 2015
Lanceslot:
You are on a long thing.. Its not just about him not supporting you alone, you will be rejected by your kindred too. There are things beyond our power as human being, things you can't change even if you wish to. Tradition is peoples way of life, you can't just throw it away.

And you think I don't know this? FYI; culture is a way of life, tradition can be bent or twisted to suit the times.
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by SINNZ(m): 7:43am On Dec 20, 2015
eyinjuege:

Very unfortunate bro.
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by davidflo(m): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2015
Suigeneris93:

Yes,y?
You are good. I'm a fan.
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2015
Dis osu thing has better stop

All those dat r rejecting d osu people, dat stigmatized dem, for once let dem put themselves in dese people shoes, how will dey feel if dey r one of dem

I don't know y it's only imo state dat practice such

Obiorathesubtle wats ur problem, don't tell me u r in support of dis
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by boboLIL(m): 10:16am On Dec 20, 2015
Make dem chop the corpse naw.. Naw oh
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 10:21am On Dec 20, 2015
davidflo:

You are good. I'm a fan.

Why, thanks dear
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 20, 2015
Greekgoddess:
Dis osu thing has better stop

All those dat r rejecting d osu people, dat stigmatized dem, for once let dem put themselves in dese people shoes, how will dey feel if dey r one of dem

I don't know y it's only imo state dat practice such

Obiorathesubtle wats ur problem, don't tell me u r in support of dis

I don't tink its only Imo state that has the outcast practise. Its all over. Igboland and even in the western world in countries like India, there's a thriving caste system in which intermarriage. btw d Brahmins(highest class) and d untouchables is discouraged. Any such marriage btw both classes is seen as class suicide almost the same thing as an abomination in Igboland

1 Like

Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 20, 2015
boboLIL:
Make dem chop the corpse naw.. Naw oh

Lol
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by ReignSilva(m): 10:59am On Dec 20, 2015
why?
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 20, 2015
Suigeneris93:

I don't tink its only Imo state that has the outcast practise. Its all over. Igboland and even in the western world in countries like India, there's a thriving caste system in which intermarriage. btw d Brahmins(highest class) and d untouchables is discouraged. Any such marriage btw both classes is seen as class suicide almost the same thing as an abomination in Igboland
Anambara don't practice such

But dis is sad

I wish dere is something that could be done
Re: My Dead Husband's Family Refused To Bury Him Because I'm An Osu by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 20, 2015
ReignSilva:
why?

Because osu is the class of slaves whom freeborns are not sposd to associate with talkless of marry in Igboland

(1) (2) (Reply)

But Who Else Get Turned On By These Things(photos PG 18+) / 8 Girlfriends From HELL That Guys Should Avoid / Leaked Boob Photo Of Ex-babe Of Nigerian Promoter In Uganda Circulates Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.