Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,636 members, 7,813,100 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:00 AM

Your Man Impregnates Your Sister? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Man Impregnates Your Sister? (1073 Views)

Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? / Man Impregnates, Dumps 17-Year-Old In Ogun (Photo) / Man Impregnates Wife’s Friend 3 Months After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Man Impregnates Your Sister? by JJYOU: 5:57am On Jun 07, 2009
[size=18pt]Your man impregnates your sister?[/size]
By GIDEON OPARINDE
Sunday, June 07, 2009

Sometimes, it sounds so funny, but it isn’t that funny. You might have read similar stories on newspapers pages, watched them in movies or listen to them from people, but you could only feel the pain when experienced. Some times we doubt if it could ever happen. A man impregnates his wife’s younger sister?

If that happens, it means there’s nothing impossible on earth anymore. Amidst various crimes in the world, ranging from incest, rape, murder which are seen as heinous crimes, it is a pity we have failed to look into situations where happy homes are battling with marital challenges.

Unfaithfulness, like we know, is deeply rooted in many homes today and happy homes have gone sour. How would you handle your home when your younger sister gets pregnant for your husband?

MRS. MARIAN BOZIMO .O
First, I will ask my sister what she wants to do with the pregnancy, whether she would like to keep it or abort it. There after I will investigate who really was at fault, whether it was a deliberate act by my sister. If it turns out it was my sister’s fault, I’ll not be happy with her and would not have the kind of relationship we used to have together anymore. But if it was my husband’s deliberate act, forcing my sister to bed, I will forgive my sister but not the man. It would take some time for me to consider my husband’s plea if he pleads, because who knows whose turn it could be next.

If she decides to have the baby, it means I will no longer remain a wife to the man in question, provided there’s no child in between us. But if I have a child for him and I found out he forced my sister; I’ll forgive her but the relationship between my husband and I would never be what it used to be.

OLADUNNI JOHNSON
It definitely depends on the relationship between us. For that to have happened, I think the best thing is, give them some space for a while.

Certainly, the pregnancy has to be terminated, although I can’t force my sister to terminate the pregnancy; all the same I will forgive them.
Lastly I know being a Christian; my husband would not take a second wife.

MRS. ESTHER EREKOSIMA
If it eventually happens because they are both related to me; My sister is related to me by blood while my husband by marriage. My sister will have to give birth to the baby, no other option because the Bible condemns abortion.

My husband and I will have to sit and settle it out between ourselves because I don’t believe in quarrel.
For my husband, he remains my husband because what God has joined together no one should put asunder.

What would I do? Throw the baby away with the bathing water? No, because I would be the one to loose at the end, if I fail to handle it with wisdom.

BUNMI OLANIYAN
There must be a reason for doing so, it could either be that the wife does not have time for him or that there has not been any issue from the marriage.
But if she has the time and gave birth to children and such happens, I think it would only take God’s intervention to settle.

For my sister, immediately she gives birth I will take the child and allow the mother to go and marry another man because we cannot share the same husband or sleep under same roof. Where will I start from if I allow her become a second wife to my husband? It means all my effort for the family becomes futile at the end of the day. In this situation, my husband should rent her an apartment since he is the root cause, therefore he should be ready for the repercussion that follows.
But the truth is that, the love between us would never be the same again, never! I might forgive her, which is possible, but I will never forget.

Finally, I would not allow the baby know I am not his mother, so he won’t feel isolated within the family.

CHIOMA ABIM
If such happens to me, my husband will not marry my younger sister. I will take the child if she gives birth to a child, but the mother will have to leave my house because the more I see her, the more it will bring back the bad memory.
However, I will forgive her but the memory will always be there. She can visit me but I won’t allow her stay.

ONUS JOSIAH
I will fight back and he will have to terminate the pregnancy, because it is absurd and immoral. I will not take it lightly with either my husband or my sister.

AYO OLAYINKA
I will take the issue to my family members to resolve. But if at the end I can’t reach a satisfactory conclusion, then I would know it is my fate.
However, I will make sure I fight the two of them and suggest my sister aborts the pregnancy but if she refused, I will leave the issue to God’s judgment.
This will however not make me opt out of my marriage.

CHIOMA OKEKE
At the initial stage I will get annoyed and disappointed in them. But if my husband and sister show remorse, I will pardon them. However, if they show no sign of guilt, I will quit the marriage at once.

Oladapo Bola
It is dicey, the deed has been done, what other remedy? For my husband to have gone that far, I’m afraid. Though I will be unhappy, ashamed of the act, but what can I do? Abortion is a sin; will I watch the pregnancy to be delivered? What would happen to my marriage, what would my neighbours say of me?

If the child is given birth to, my sister might claim ownership of my home, so, let her rather go far from me, my family, my marriage.
However, for the man, only God will judge, but I may not opt out of my marriage.

MRS. ABDULRAHAMAN
Religiously it is disgusting; morally it is bad and shameful.
I know such atrocity would have been in the man’s head before he got married. But for such to happen, it means the man is suffering from spiritual, mental and emotional problems or under demonic influence. I believe he is out of his mind.

In the early years in the Bible, those people who practiced it were stoned to death. Today, we no longer see it as taboo. We believe it is just fun.
Some tribes here in Nigeria place heavy punishment on such act; both the man and the impregnated girl. Some would kill the people involved in this act while others see it as a shame to the family members and their lineage. http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/wiveslive/2009/june/07/wiveslive-07-06-2009-001.htm
Re: Your Man Impregnates Your Sister? by Sissy3(f): 6:18am On Jun 07, 2009
gosh i will be very disgusted and very disappointed.
Re: Your Man Impregnates Your Sister? by ifyalways(f): 11:36am On Jun 07, 2009
Till then am undecided
Re: Your Man Impregnates Your Sister? by iice(f): 11:46am On Jun 07, 2009
Tufia
Re: Your Man Impregnates Your Sister? by JJYOU: 10:49am On Jun 08, 2009
not my portion as they say in naija

(1) (Reply)

Wife Kills Husband Over Loaf Of Bread / Is It O.k To Fall In And Out Of Love With Your Spouse? / What Is The Ideal Age Gap For Siblings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.