Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Incest - Moral Or Immoral? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Incest - Moral Or Immoral? (1698 Views)

What Is Considered Sexually Immoral? / Why Is Necrophilia Immoral ? / Is It Immoral For Christian Women To Wear Thong Underwear? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Incest - Moral Or Immoral? by huxley2(m): 11:13am On Jun 07, 2009
The question of the legality (or marality) of incest arose in a separate thread and I thought this was interesting a subject on its own merit to warrant its own thread.

On the aforementioned thread, the point was being debated that some countries have incest outlawed while in others, the laws have been changed recent to not explicitly outlaw it [incest]. I asked the questions;

1) Why is incest illegal or immoral?

2) Whose rights or property(ies) does incest violates?

What do you think?
Re: Incest - Moral Or Immoral? by wirinet(m): 12:26pm On Jun 07, 2009
Hello my friend, why did you add 2 to your name? was huxley original axed my Nairaland God - Seun.

Anyway to your question, Incest is Immoral. I view morality/immorality to laws aimed at aiding the progress of societies. Incestous relationships have a high probability of resulting in defective and weak offsprings, and over generations, the society or species would face the threat of extinction. Even animals mave a way of avoiding inbreeding. The closer the relationship of the incenstious couple,the higher the probability of genetic defect.

When someone says that some countries allow for incestious relationship, i think that is not exactly true. It depends on the definition of incest. Some societies like African societies view relationships with cousins (even if it is 5th cousin) as incestious, while Arabs allow for marriage between first cousins and uncles. Eveb the jews used to promote relationship between uncles and nieces. (abraham's marriage to his half sister was odd and i do not think it was repeated any where else in the Bible).

I do not think there is any society that condones sexual relationship between a mother and son or between a father and daughter or between actual brothers and sisters (except some instances in the Bible).
Re: Incest - Moral Or Immoral? by jagunlabi(m): 3:58pm On Jun 07, 2009
Immoral for most,but the only way for some few exalted ones.

(1) (Reply)

Types Of Lies / Was Jesus Christ A Freemanson. / Ridiculous Church Names In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.