Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom (52373 Views)

Court Nullifies The Election Of Musa Arogundade, Ekiti PDP Lawmaker / Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Uche Ekwunife Of The PDP As Senator / Tribunal Nullifies The Election Of Buruji Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 5:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
Demmocrats:

Even though i support APC, Akwa Ibom belongs to PDP just like Bayelsa, Rivers all belong to PDP.

Have you noticed the politics is who controls the oil reserves in those states, have you asked your self why states in south east there elections are not dissolved lol "My Jagaban really wants to drink the Niger delta Oil by all means necessary".

Give God what belongs to God and Cesar what belongs to Cesar, Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom all belongs to PDP lets just respect that and find a way to work with those governors and move this nation forward instead of fighting them because a rerun election in those states will see PDP still winning the elections.

My Sai Buhari and APC are in power but not fully in control of the Oil rich states which they are fighting to reclaim to reduce the financing of PDP so come 2019, PDP won't be a threat for APC.

PDP won't give up without a fight APC keep dividing Nigeria since they came to power I keep asking is this the change Nigeria deserve ? ur guess is as good as mine

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Goke7: 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
I wish PDP a wailing Christmas and Ekpa new year grin

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by dallyemmy: 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
Are you serious? shocked
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Alezy(m): 5:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
rozayx5:

lol even if tinubu is inec chairman pdp is akwa ibom cheesy grin grin cheesy

my lga alone gave udom 40% of umana totalbfigure grin
That was great rigging from ur local government. ...don't think that will happen again
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2015
sirAmeh:
If they are saying there was over voting in the election,what are we to call the under age voting and over voting in some northern states in the country?

In philosophy, that is called appeal to pity.

Take your evidence of undervoting to the court and prove your case. APC in akwa-ibom ibom has done their, you should do likewise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Goke7: 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
EugeneLeeJnr:

PDP won't give up without a fight APC keep dividing Nigeria since they came to power I keep asking is this the change Nigeria deserve ? ur guess is as good as mine

Yes this is the change we deserve to see PDP wail this Christmas
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rozayx5(m): 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
rottennaija:

Which your state? The akwa-ibom state where I follow come from? Akwa-ibom where been leave pdp after Akpabio first term?

The akwa ibom where be say the only reason Akpabio could stay complete him tenure was because of Jonathan where no been allow judiciary do their work?

lol do apc have office in some local govt?? cheesy grin grin grin
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
Demmocrats:

Even though i support APC, Akwa Ibom belongs to PDP just like Bayelsa, Rivers all belong to PDP.

Have you noticed the politics is who controls the oil reserves in those states, have you asked your self why states in south east there elections are not dissolved lol "My Jagaban really wants to drink the Niger delta Oil by all means necessary".

Give God what belongs to God and Cesar what belongs to Cesar, Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom all belongs to PDP lets just respect that and find a way to work with those governors and move this nation forward instead of fighting them because a rerun election in those states will see PDP still winning the elections.

My Sai Buhari and APC are in power but not fully in control of the Oil rich states which they are fighting to reclaim to reduce the financing of PDP so come 2019, PDP won't be a threat for APC.

Its not you that decides or its not saying it that decides it. It's the people from those state that decides which party they belong to through the ballot.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by tempest01(m): 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
APC shouldn't create unnecessary violence in my state...PDP will win ASK a hundred times...so far as it's umana going into the rerun.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
Goke7:

Yes this is the change we deserve to see PDP wail this Christmas
u think I really care who becomes the governor I'm praying this govt don't make men like u sleep hungry without food cos they ar power drunk ... pity our judicial system as a nation .. may good always prevail over evil IJN
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Lytech(m): 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
There is always rigging in the vote that brought opposition to power.... Chai buhari,why did u want to ruin this country...why?
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 5:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
rozayx5:

lol do apc have office in some local govt?? cheesy grin grin grin

They don't need to. They didn't have in the whole country when they forsook PDP. They dnt need to have in the state to choose whom they want to be their governor

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Bizibi(m): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
Sentiment aside,is umana a popular person in akwa ibom?
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by ManagerUgo(m): 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
BADNEAT:
A panel of Nigeria’s Court of Appeal in Abuja has sacked Governor Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom State. In delivering its final ruling on the conduct of the governorship election in Akwa Ibom, the five-member panel upheld the petition of the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), agreeing that the election of Governor Emmanuel Udom of the People’s Democratic Party did not conform to the electoral act.

The court, therefore annulled the election, first re-asserting the importance of card readers and afirming that the election was marred by over-voting. The court denied all releiefs sought by the candidate of the PDP and granted the reliefs sought by the governorship candidate of the APC, Umana Okon Umana, asking for the cancellation of the election. The Court ordered a rerun of the election across the state within 90 days.

Mr. Udom is expected to appeal today’s verdict to the Supreme Court for a final decision.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/18/court-appeal-nullifies-election-akwa-ibom-governor-emmanuel-udom

Honestly I pity Nigeria's democrecy under this administration. What is really happening? Sacking PDP Governors in oil rich states just to gain party relevance there.
Does it mean that all the elections conducted in the North & South West regions were purely free & fair? This one sided judgement is a big slap to our democracy & has to stop for the good of our dwindling economy. Our judiciary is becoming pro APC from the way things are goin.
Nigeria cannot afford to be a one party State. Buhari should note that we are not in the era of coup, decree, anarchy or dictatorship. This is a democratic setting, therefore there is utmost need for the INDEPENDENT OF THE JUDICIARY.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Goke7: 5:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
EugeneLeeJnr:

u think I really care who becomes the governor I'm praying this govt don't make men like u sleep hungry without food cos they ar power drunk ... pity our judicial system as a nation .. may good always prevail over evil IJN
That is what is happening nah, good prevailing against evil according to your prayer unless if you think otherwise

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by abiowoblow: 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
This is seasonal film, I know it will amount to waste of time and money. End time country.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Goke7: 5:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
ManagerUgo:

Honestly I pity Nigeria's democrecy under this administration. What is really happening? Sacking PDP Governors in oil rich states just to gain party relevance there.
Does it mean that all the elections conducted in the North & South West regions were purely free & fair? This one sided judgement is a big slap to our democracy & has to stop for the good of our dwindling economy. Our judiciary is becoming pro APC from the way things are goin.
Nigeria cannot afford to be a one party State. Buhari should note that we are not in the era of coup, decree, anarchy or dictatorship. This is a democratic setting, therefore there is utmost need for the INDEPENDENT OF THE JUDICIARY.

Everything is one sided when it does not go your way abi, pls grow up

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rozayx5(m): 5:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
rottennaija:

They don't need to. They didn't have in the whole country when they forsook PDP. They dnt need to have in the state to choose whom they want to be their governor

this one knows nothing about akwa ibom politics grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

just qnother apc agbero in uyo metropolis cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
rozayx5:

he is trying. construction activities have resumed. but he needs to work faster. he is dull compared to wike
He better sit up or face the boot. I don't fancy dull Govs...

But Umana can't win sha... Not possible
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by ucyonline: 5:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
sirAmeh:
If they are saying there was over voting in the election,what are we to call the under age voting and over voting in some northern states in the country?
God bless u
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Ama80(f): 5:32pm On Dec 18, 2015
Clerverly:
This is the real deal...

The Lower court erred in Law by not canceling the entire election having established irregularities in 18 of the councils.

Now the appeal court has done the needful!

Like Wike, Like Udom!

APC should now deal with them at the polls, once and for all! Ndi ara!
u started like an educated elite n ended like a molue conductor.why?

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Lytech(m): 5:35pm On Dec 18, 2015
rottennaija:

In philosophy, that is called appeal to pity.

Take your evidence of undervoting to the court and prove your case. APC in akwa-ibom ibom has done their, you should do likewise
apc in akwa ibom only succed bcoz they r the ruling party....
There were enough evidence turn down in the election that brought ogun state governor to power....
My brother,wise up...Buhari want to monopolize nigeria politics just for easy rigging come 2019.... Embrace opposition in Nigeria politics,these are only the people who can speak up and challenge the government in power ....common man will rot in jail if u dare talk anyhow....
Lets reason together,y is it only state been govern by opposition party has issue with the election that brought them to power.... Why?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by vikajef(m): 5:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
rottennaija:

And thats even better for close monitoring of elections
Yeah, buh will involve more expenses and logistics.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by akinsbaba2015: 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
When PDP controlled 29states out of 36 in 2003 several super analysts here on nairaland were not crying about one party state then. The worst general election ever to be conducted was in 2007 which led to several staggered elections in Nigeria. There are laws guiding the conduct of elections in Nigeria chief of which is the Electoral Act 2010(as ammended) and this judgement had put a death knell to all brazen acts of impunity, violence, blood letting and brigandage in the guise of winning at all costs.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by all4gud(m): 5:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
The Judges are pleasing their pay masters. There's no problem about that ;it's non of my business. The oil money that the APC are dying for in Rivers, Bayelsa and Akwa Ibom state aimed to be used in 2019 will not work out for them.
These states are core PDP states.

Udom is right. Umana is left

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
vikajef:

Yeah, buh will involve more expenses and logistics.

Yes. Sacrifices has to be made for the right thing to be done. We cannot keep shying away from doing the right thing because we are scared
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Koolking(m): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
Demmocrats:

No state belongs to any party, not even Lagos to APC. Nigerians are wiser now. Nigerians have no business voting Parties nowadays but personalities. From all indications, Jimi Agbaje won the last election in Lagos, but APC rigged themselves in.

If the people of Akwa Ibom State are attuned to Udom Emmanuel as a person, he will be voted in again, otherwise APC personality will carry the day. The best parties can do to win the day is massive rigging for their candidate.

It's a big misconception believing that parties own states in Nigeria. Perhaps, it was not true before now. Not anymore
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by commytosy(f): 5:40pm On Dec 18, 2015
Demmocrats:

MY MAN cheesy my state belong to PDP, lets bet n see guys
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by akinsbaba2015: 5:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
Who controls the money? APC Have the SS states exempted themselves from the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee and the National Economic Council. ILLITERACY is truly a disease.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2015
Lytech:

apc in akwa ibom only succed bcoz they r the ruling party....
There were enough evidence turn down in the election that brought ogun state governor to power....
My brother,wise up...Buhari want to monopolize nigeria politics just for easy rigging come 2019.... Embrace opposition in Nigeria politics,these are only the people who can speak up and challenge the government in power ....common man will rot in jail if u dare talk anyhow....
Lets reason together,y is it only state been govern by opposition party has issue with the election that brought them to power.... Why?

My brother, Buhari, a northerners, a president of Nigeria is better than Jonathan a southerner that allows injustice to rule, impunity to be the other of the day.

When politicians know that if they don't do the right thing, during election, that they will lose their seats, they will be forced to do the right thing.

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 5:44pm On Dec 18, 2015
rozayx5:

this one knows nothing about akwa ibom politics grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

just qnother apc agbero in uyo metropolis cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Young think so? Then you are not supposed to shout, you are supposed to wait for the rerun

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Escapes Death As Two Aides Die In Auto Crash / Peter Obi Will Go Down As Nigeria's Most Dangerous & Divisive Politician - APC / Reactions As DSS Twitter Handler Forgot To Switch Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.