Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom (52375 Views)

Court Nullifies The Election Of Musa Arogundade, Ekiti PDP Lawmaker / Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Uche Ekwunife Of The PDP As Senator / Tribunal Nullifies The Election Of Buruji Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by olutop(m): 8:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
why havent they sacked any APC governor, nah only PDP dey Rig election ni......
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by gbastarlink: 8:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
BADNEAT:
A panel of Nigeria’s Court of Appeal in Abuja has sacked Governor Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom State. In delivering its final ruling on the conduct of the governorship election in Akwa Ibom, the five-member panel upheld the petition of the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), agreeing that the election of Governor Emmanuel Udom of the People’s Democratic Party did not conform to the electoral act.

The court, therefore annulled the election, first re-asserting the importance of card readers and afirming that the election was marred by over-voting. The court denied all releiefs sought by the candidate of the PDP and granted the reliefs sought by the governorship candidate of the APC, Umana Okon Umana, asking for the cancellation of the election. The Court ordered a rerun of the election across the state within 90 days.

Mr. Udom is expected to appeal today’s verdict to the Supreme Court for a final decision.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/18/court-appeal-nullifies-election-akwa-ibom-governor-emmanuel-udom
Ak for pdp no shaking
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by viczing(m): 8:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
kennydee05:
This is a disastrous decision.
Bye-bye to electoral malpractice....
Kudos to the judiciary for joining the fight against electoral malpractice. We definitely need more of you in fighting corruption.
Come 2019, politicians will be scared of rigging knowing fully well that the judiciary is ready available to kick them out.

Is it that your blind at what happened in bayelsa or what?
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by viczing(m): 8:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
Clerverly:

...And Umana is a very Stubborn "rat"! With Federal backings now with him. Udom is walking on a tiny rope....

What of timipre federal backing cheesy grin
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by nd07(m): 8:20pm On Dec 18, 2015
Clerverly:
This is the real deal...

The Lower court erred in Law by not canceling the entire election having established irregularities in 18 of the councils.

Now the appeal court has done the needful!

Like Wike, Like Udom!

APC should now deal with them at the polls, once and for all! Ndi ara!

I think stupidity inhabits in u like no other
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by sirAmeh(m): 8:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
agabusta:

Infact it is your own post that is riddled with sentiments. Who is talking on whether you are PDP or not?? I picked u up only on your statment which seems more like a lamentation than putting forward strong. argument.

Sincerely, your analysis is very watery. Law is more complicated and intriguing than the one line sentimental statement you earlier put up.

If indeed you wanted your argument to be logical, you should have quoted relevant sections of the electoral act and case laws to back it up.
I made my statement base on the judgment in taraba state which was similar to that of benue state, so if you have nothing to say, just back off.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by akinsbaba2015: 8:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
APC governors campaigned and sought the votes of the electorates. Did APC win in Delta? NO Gombe?NO Ekiti?NO. Anambra?NO. Ebonyi? NO. ENUGU?NO ONDO?NO
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by mandax: 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
rozayx5:

oga you know nothing about my state cheesy grin cheesy

stick to your southwastee

I even suspect the handle "Cleverly" is one of those our efulefu Igbo in Lagos APC who have lost touch with the reality that core north of Nigeria is poised to hold onto power in Nigeria through APC, perhaps for the next fifty years.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by nd07(m): 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
kennydee05:
This is a disastrous decision.
Bye-bye to electoral malpractice....
Kudos to the judiciary for joining the fight against electoral malpractice. We definitely need more of you in fighting corruption.
Come 2019, politicians will be scared of rigging knowing fully well that the judiciary is ready available to kick them out.

What of Kano, Katsina, Kaduna, Bauchi et al. can u swear with ur life that broad day malpractices did not take place there unchallenged? Can u swear that d current INEC did not intend rigging election in Bayelsa in favor of APC? the most corrupt government in d history og ds nation is witnessed in PMB's few months in power. Quote me anywhere.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by macaranta(m): 8:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
Demmocrats:

Even though i support APC, Akwa Ibom belongs to PDP just like Bayelsa, Rivers all belong to PDP.

Have you noticed the politics is who controls the oil reserves in those states, have you asked your self why states in south east there elections are not dissolved lol "My Jagaban really wants to drink the Niger delta Oil by all means necessary".

Give God what belongs to God and Cesar what belongs to Cesar, Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom all belongs to PDP lets just respect that and find a way to work with those governors and move this nation forward instead of fighting them because a rerun election in those states will see PDP still winning the elections.

My Sai Buhari and APC are in power but not fully in control of the Oil rich states which they are fighting to reclaim to reduce the financing of PDP so come 2019, PDP won't be a threat for APC.

Finally ....a sensible "change chanting " sai baba..ist.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Lytech(m): 8:33pm On Dec 18, 2015
menxer:
Actions, they say, speaks louder than words.

The most important "passive" action you can take in a political process is casting your vote not just talking about it or advising others on the best course of action.

Your action should be a step ahead of your words.

i cant smile alone...
And which of my trend says writes i dont vote?
Am not a politician or dont intend joining in the nearest future dont means i dont vote....
Dont divert the whole issue my brother
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Lytech(m): 8:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
agabusta:

Most of these things you are saying about Aregbesola happened after he has already won the 2nd term ticket. There is no way Aregbesola can significantly manipulate that election. I'm telling you. Infact PDP has that election under wraps, it was the popularity of Aregbesola that saved him. Aregbesola was actually very popular during his first term and he did a lot in terms of infrastructure and feeding school children. It was during his 2nd term that he messed up big time. Look at you talking about Islamizisation. Why not first tell us the percentage of Christians/Muslims in Osun state, before using that as a yardstick why he shouldnt have won. So Aregbesola rigged under a GEJ govt and APC still won the case still under same GEJ govt??

All APC governors are definitely not saints. But as i mentioned to you earlier that you are still not getting, substantive manipulation is the only point that make an election to be nullified. Go and read the Electoral Act. Pockets of foul play does not really count.

And what made you think I'm not connected to Ogun and Osun state??
am saying u are not connected coz u dont buttrez ur point with fact...
All my earlier point happen b4 his 2nd term election... I withness all this bcoz i was in osun state by then:and every dim point i said were pure truth.... You all heard on air that he distributed OPON iMO to every secondary student in osun state,the truth is as an HOD in mathematics department by then(corper for that matter...coz am the only mathematics teacher by then in the who school) i neva for once set my eye on the so call OPON IMO....bt u people out there will blv d so call lie by this same governor... My brother dont blv all dis word said on air by dis govt,seeing is blving my brother...
He can rig the election coz he as d power to do so as the incubent governor(a case study is lagos during the pdp era...though not saying they rig election in lagos by then,bt pdp govt find it diff to hijack lagos from jagaban) ,dat show aragbesola can influence osun election single handedly as an incubent governor
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by mindtricks: 9:29pm On Dec 18, 2015
olutop:
why havent they sacked any APC governor, nah only PDP dey Rig election ni......

Let's see how sweet it will be. Let's have APC run most if not all the states.

Soon we may well find out that in APC we have PHCN (problem has changed name), same PDP kind of hopeless leadership.

It's more or less the same politicians, crosscarpetting here and there, with the same detached attitude to leadership.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by odutolasodiq(m): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
tribunal nullifies 18lg polls, appeal nullifies the entire poll.... and he is about to waste tax payers money to get his candidacy nullified at the supreme court, instead to start preparing himself for the re-run. when will all these politicians learn to accept fate.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by gift1108(f): 10:27pm On Dec 18, 2015
Let the court also order a rerun in the presidential election because its was badly rigged
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by denssing: 11:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
I wonder what makes APC to think dat it can win elections in Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers States. It is simply a day dream. If dey like let dem cancel elections 1million times in these states APC can't win.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by linkin8k(m): 11:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
Super1759:
Why Abia state come deh different

Because it was APGA vs PDP not APC vs PDP
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by akinsbaba2015: 12:17am On Dec 19, 2015
denssing:
I wonder what makes APC to think dat it can win elections in Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta and Rivers States. It is simply a day dream. If dey like let dem cancel elections 1million times in these states APC can't win.
. You folks said more and boasted to high heavens in the run up to the presidential election. Let the electorate decide in a peaceful atmosphere who will govern them. If Nigeria wants to be an excellent reference point in Africa it must through its laws and statutes curb all forms of electoral impunity. ELECTION IS NOT WAR.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Mcowubaba: 1:24am On Dec 19, 2015
mildflame:

PDP-led government was even more liberal in some partsian issues.( WAILING WAILERS admitting their hypocrisy)

I'm not even a PDP supporter or member( Confirmed WAILING WAILERS denying his party just like JUDAS)

Abeg PARK WELL WELL n INFINITELY wait for PDP 2come back

I tried to be liberal with u nd reason logically..but u are just a stark feeble-minded illiterate cheesy

Are u the person that made me a PDP member or a wailer....u think I can easily be deceived by any politician ?..must everybody be a zombie like u

U will just sit infront of ur computer or small phone nd make assumption ..so any person that is not under the spell of APC is a PDP/wailer, hahahaha...I weep for this Nation...
FYI, I detest PDP more than u...if u even check my profile, u will see a topic I created about why I will not vote for PDP/GEJ...(I am from Abia State, nd our last Governor was a PDP-man nd he was the worst Governor in Nigeria) don't tell me about PDP, I HATE THEM...

U have no valid or logical argument, that is why u are obviously beating around the bush, instead of you to answer the simple questions nd facts I askedundecided u are talking bullshit abt me being a PDP member grin..
Oga u be learner..get ur acts right, nd learn hw to make valid nd logical assertions, instead of resulting to unnecessary tantrums...
Eventhough, I was a PDP member, why on earth will I deny it because of a hooligan like u grin..haba naa...
Don't make urself too important,,u are NOT..narcissism of the highest order...mtcheeeew...cool cool gerarahere mehn!!..

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by akinsbaba2015: 5:54am On Dec 19, 2015
Why some states will remain backward politically is that they believe every governor, senator, house of rep member and state assembly member must come from the PDP. The moment their compatriots from the same state choose a different political leaning they become outcasts. For some it's okay for the PDP to have penetration into every geopolitical zone in Nigeria but TABOO for the APC to aspire to do the same. We must build a culture of tolerance for diverse political views.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Joesurubu: 5:55am On Dec 19, 2015
God pls help our their country nigeria of this cancellation of election
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 6:59am On Dec 19, 2015
Lytech:

nice one,but you have not answered my question....
Why is it only the election that brought opposition to power are faulty..... Are you telling me Apc governors are saint?

And not and I dnt know much about their case except that you have mentioned it. I only know that of akwa-ibom and rivers because I'm in akwa-ibom and I followed it and I also followed Rivers.

I don't know the circumstances surrounding the ones you have mentioned. But I can say this for a fact. Some APC senators and lawmakers are sacked in some states. I'm sure you will not deny that. But it's mostly because pdp were used to impunity, with the thought and hope that they would rule Nigeria for many more years to come and so they carried out election the way they wanted without ever thinking they would someday be called to give account.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by uruoneluv(f): 7:21am On Dec 19, 2015
APC nd their election problem,they Should also come nd do rerun in delta is like all d PDP states will hv rerun.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Naijaepic: 7:22am On Dec 19, 2015
Demmocrats:

My Sai Buhari and APC are in power but not fully in control of the Oil rich states which they are fighting to reclaim to reduce the financing of PDP so come 2019, PDP won't be a threat for APC.

In the past few years, When PDP was in power at both centre and in those state you mention with abundant "oil money" Nigerian still win the PDP at just concluded election. So my believe is that if APC nullified all PDP election and intall APC candidate all the state of federation. If by the end of 2018 nothing change for better, do you think Nigerian will give them any vote? You know petroleum is now selling bellow $40, so they wouldnt have more money throw party like we experuenced in the past few years.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by akinsbaba2015: 8:06am On Dec 19, 2015
Oil rich states are good for PDP to govern but candidates on the platform of APC must not even aspire to seek the votes of the electorate. Is it not the APC led FG that shares on a monthly basis oil & non-oil revenue to federal, states & LG. Jehovah! How did we get here as a nation?
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by spiralwedge(m): 8:51am On Dec 19, 2015
Demmocrats:

Even though i support APC, Akwa Ibom belongs to PDP just like Bayelsa, Rivers all belong to PDP.

Have you noticed the politics is who controls the oil reserves in those states, have you asked your self why states in south east there elections are not dissolved lol "My Jagaban really wants to drink the Niger delta Oil by all means necessary".

Give God what belongs to God and Cesar what belongs to Cesar, Bayelsa, Rivers, Delta, Akwa Ibom all belongs to PDP lets just respect that and find a way to work with those governors and move this nation forward instead of fighting them because a rerun election in those states will see PDP still winning the elections.

Thrash.

Since when have the oil and gas resources been under state government's control. I don't get this your rhetorics above.

All mineral resources are directly under the FG and stop deceiving yourself by WAILING yourself to stupor. Tinubu this, Tinubu that... Give yourself a break. Smh
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Seun360(m): 9:23am On Dec 19, 2015
rozayx5:

oga you know nothing about my state cheesy grin

You lie, APC will the re run.
Am sure you are from Annang.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by all4gud(m): 9:29am On Dec 19, 2015
agabusta:

Which oil money are you guys even crying about?? Allocation for states comes from the FGN.

Did Ameachi used Rivers people's to sponsor APC presidential campaign.? If yes, then that's what we are talking about.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Seun360(m): 9:31am On Dec 19, 2015
Bizibi:
Sentiment aside,is umana a popular person in akwa ibom?

And Udom is right?
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Bizibi(m): 10:52am On Dec 19, 2015
Seun360:

And Udom is right?
are you from the state?
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by missjahiniekpe(f): 1:58pm On Dec 19, 2015
Well, something is wrong, have you considered the state fund and resources that will be sunk into the rerun? Everything is wrong with it, tell APC that Nigeria cannot be a one party state.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lere Olayinka Reacts To Aisha Buhari’s Trip To USA / Rotimi Amaechi Releases Statement On Confrontation In Port Harcourt Today! S / Peter Obi On The Candidates Town Hall Event With Kadaria Ahmed (Live Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.