Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? (1013 Views)

2019: Nigeria’s Messiah Will Come From North - Pastor Tunde Bakare / The Lord Has Shown Me Where Nigeria Next President Will Come From - Primate Ayo / Brain Or Spirit: What Makes A Man A Living Being? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by HIbreed(m): 12:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
this question might sound ridiculous but I had a hard time apprehending this lets rub mind together.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 19, 2015
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by Fajs: 1:19pm On Dec 19, 2015
the leg......get sense pls
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by HIbreed(m): 1:23pm On Dec 19, 2015
Fajs:
the leg......get sense pls
logic is quite different from suggestions and thoughts,. Get a wider sense .Ok
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by HIbreed(m): 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2015
the human body is complex, i believe our mind has a huge role to play regarding our thoughts and the suggestions that springs from nowhere.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by HIbreed(m): 1:37pm On Dec 19, 2015
the human body is complex,while the brain is always concious and active. i believe our mind has a huge role to play regarding our thoughts and the suggestions that springs from nowhere.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by tartar9(m): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2015
HIbreed:
the human body is complex,while the brain is always concious and active. i believe our mind has a huge role to play regarding our thoughts and the suggestions that springs from nowhere.
they don't spring from nowhere,they are all products of your brain.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by tartar9(m): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2015
it comes from some people's an*s like annunaki.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by sobmos(m): 3:03pm On Dec 19, 2015
The brain and mind are interchangeable. They're one and the same thing.

2 Likes

Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by winner01(m): 3:13pm On Dec 19, 2015
God- the source of all.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by Annunaki(m): 3:48pm On Dec 19, 2015
tartar9:
it comes from some people's an*s like annunaki.

The same way your illiterate wannabe prophet thought that people think with their heart instead of the brain. tongue
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by HIbreed(m): 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2015
sobmos:
The brain and mind are interchangeable. They're one and the same thing.
your notions are spot on. I think its a 50-50.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by HIbreed(m): 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
tartar9:
they don't spring from nowhere,they are all products of your brain.
your notions are point-blanked, but what happens at meditation I think the mind is the birthplace of our thoughts,.The brain kicks in immediately,and examines logics on how to carry out the thoughts follows and then translates it into ACTION.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by tartar9(m): 9:16pm On Dec 19, 2015
Annunaki:

The same way your illiterate wannabe prophet thought that people think with their heart instead of the brain. tongue
hehe just what I wanted to prove: that you think with your an*s
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by tartar9(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2015
HIbreed:
your notions are point-blanked, but what happens at meditation I think the mind is the birthplace of our thoughts,.The brain kicks in immediately,and examines logics on how to carry out the thoughts follows and then translates it into ACTION.
what is this mind you're talking of,where is it located undecided
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by HIbreed(m): 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2015
tartar9:
what is this mind you're talking of,where is it located undecided
it is a gift from God,.Through the mind he communicates with us telepathically.It is not physical bro.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by naijayoung: 9:47pm On Dec 19, 2015
Do you know that singer Omawumi ?she sang

If you ask me ee, na who I go ask?
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by Annunaki(m): 9:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
HIbreed:
it is a gift from God,.Through the mind he communicates with us telepathically.It is not physical bro.

A pathetic muslim brain like tartar9 is not capable of comprehending what you just wrote.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by HIbreed(m): 10:09pm On Dec 19, 2015
SirWere:
www.nairaland.com/2772887/finding-soul-purely-philosophical-thread
**Whistles and skips out of thread**
for those who thinks this is a silly question and non existent.. It has been asked before on nairaland,. Its only a great mind can put up a veritable challenge on this mystery.. Don't expect me to think and reason like average human, am HIbreed, i challenge my capabilities everyday.
www.nairaland.com/1470779/where-thoughts-come
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by harbiola1(m): 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2015
Annunaki:

Prove this statement of yours by quoting where you read something like this, Qur'an, Hadith.... I'd not mind you post it in another thread and paste the link here so as not to derail this thread.
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by purpinkx(m): 6:32am On Dec 20, 2015
Here's what I think , the brain is the hardware (BlackBerry, Samsung, Apple ) and the mind is the Operating System ( Java , android, ios )
Sooo thoughts comes from the mind or the electrical impulse a MRI scan sees
Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by preetyb(f): 6:44am On Dec 20, 2015
Just as the spirit and soul can not be spoted any where in the human body; so is the mind. Therefore I can boldly say, the mind is the function of the brain. I still stand to be corrected though.

2 Likes

Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by tartar9(m): 9:29am On Dec 20, 2015
HIbreed:
are you trying to say our thoughts are from God including the.....
you are currently unaware of about 95% of your brain activity which is the subconscious mind not your sort of immaterial mind here.sometimes its activity would get into the conscious mind as random thoughts.that's why it feels like they come from nowhere,but they are still all products of your brain.

1 Like

Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by cloudgoddess(f): 9:35am On Dec 20, 2015
All thoughts are produced by the brain. Our more primitive centers produce our automatic & subconscious thoughts and impulses, while our evolutionarily advanced areas (mainly the frontal lobe) produces our conscious, intentional thoughts and decision-making. Other areas of the brain - like the parietal and occipital, allow our thoughts and behavioral impulses to be enriched by and linked with linguistic, visual, and other sensory stimuli.

So yes, as others have said, the mind and the brain are one.

1 Like

Re: Where Do Our Thoughts Come From,the Brain Or The Mind? by HIbreed(m): 10:09am On Dec 20, 2015
tartar9:
are you trying to say our thoughts are from God including the.....
you are currently unaware of about 95% of your brain activity which is the subconscious mind not your sort of immaterial mind here.sometimes its activity would get into the conscious mind as random thoughts.that's why it feels like they come from nowhere,but they are still all products of your brain.
don't misinterprete my point,. I said the creation of the mind is a gift from God. The mind is not a physical feature like the brain. Images and visuals are created in the mind,. Thats glaring diffrence from what the brain does. evil Spirit mediums uses the mind as a powerful spectrum to decieve people into commiting inexplicable acts. The mind is God's perfect gift to us,. It can bring you closer to God and destroy you,thats the powerful influence of the mind, the brain cannot do the work of our mind.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Has Been Coming Soon Since 2016 Years Ago! You Go Wait Tire / Is It Really Possible To Be An Atheist And A Homophobe At The Same Time??? / Did God Kill Jesus?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.