Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,060 members, 7,835,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) (23545 Views)

Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / Obasanjo, Tinubu Clash Over Ministerial Nominees: New telegraph / Buhari Confronts Jonathan With His ‘sins’: New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by muller101(m): 9:37am On Dec 20, 2015
Keneking:
I don't see any dilemma with the issue.

Pretty straight forward'

- sack subsidy
- delete subsidy from the budget
- sack employees working on the subsidy payment analysis in NNPC
- block any protest by any groups with armed forces
- any PDP member that has objection should be dealt with accordingly
block protest with armed forces? Are u normal?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by RELEASEUS: 9:39am On Dec 20, 2015
madridguy:
From your comment so far I know you're anti-PMB. In Buhari we trust.

as long as there are pro there must be anti, no crime committed.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by muller101(m): 9:39am On Dec 20, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

he governed the most economic vibrant state for 8 years wailer
that's state. This is federal issue
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by adewestern: 9:40am On Dec 20, 2015
Keneking:

Pretty straight forward'

- sack subsidy

U dey vex ni
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by erico2k2(m): 9:41am On Dec 20, 2015
IbokUtoroh:

do u even know d meaning of subsidy?
No he does not.these are one of the half baked pry 6 pupils we have on Nairaland. Just imagine how can one remove subsidy and not expect the pump price to go up
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by RELEASEUS: 9:43am On Dec 20, 2015
frankyychiji:
You are wrong! I can die for Buhari! undecided
Please don't try it, Nigeria isn't a place that cares, don't give your family unnecessary anguish, PMB is not the messiah for your information. So don't die for him if the opportunity arrive, just pick race run comot...
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Candyrain(m): 9:44am On Dec 20, 2015
Ayt27:

You probably grew up in North Korea, so I guess the idea. Of Democracy is quite new to you.

The guy is just simply impossible

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by anonimi: 9:46am On Dec 20, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by IbokUtoroh(m): 9:46am On Dec 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

Thanks my dear.
I keep muddling CR and AK.
I guess it's because they speak same language and I see no difference per se.

cross river is multi ethnic, has efiks, quas, ejagham, bekwarra, n the rest. only the efiks have some similarities with akwaibom.
efiks re found predominantly in calabar, part of akamkpa, odukpani, bakassi n akpabuyo. from biase to obudu whi h borders benue state is another ethnicity n dissimilar to the three major tribes in akwaibom which are anangs, ibibio n oro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by erico2k2(m): 9:47am On Dec 20, 2015
tobimillar:
Remove subsidy and sell fuel for 55 naira / litre
How will they do 5 his? Removing subsidy means selling petrol and all oil products at market rates.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by enigok94: 9:52am On Dec 20, 2015
madridguy:
Remove subsidy but don't increase fuel price. Shikena
gosh...do you really know what subsidy means?..in a layman understanding,its just a money paid by fg on a particular product to reduce the amount you the citizen will pay for the product...so once the fg stops paying the money,it means you have to pay it and as such,a rise in what you've been paying before will definately be experienced....se u now understand??,I hope so....so I hope you explain to others like you.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 20, 2015
erico2k2:

How will they do 5 his? Removing subsidy means selling petrol and all oil products at market rates.

And what will be the market rate when Iran and US starts pumping crude in January

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by madridguy(m): 9:58am On Dec 20, 2015
My comment is as regards to the statement from the Minister of Finance which said there might not be increment in Fuel price even though the subsidy is totally removed.

enigok94:
gosh...do you really know what subsidy means?..in a layman understanding,its just a money paid by fg on a particular product to reduce the amount you the citizen will pay for the product...so once the fg stops paying the money,it means you have to pay it and as such,a rise in what you've been paying before will definately be experienced....se u now understand??,I hope so....so I hope you explain to others like you.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by madridguy(m): 10:00am On Dec 20, 2015
My comment is as regards to the statement from the Minister of Finance which said there might not be increment in Fuel price even though the subsidy is totally removed.

IbokUtoroh:

do u even know d meaning of subsidy?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by IbokUtoroh(m): 10:08am On Dec 20, 2015
madridguy:

finance or petroleum dat said it after he said different ting a day before?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by madridguy(m): 10:10am On Dec 20, 2015
But my point is that they must respect themselves sha.

IbokUtoroh:

finance or petroleum dat said it after he said different ting a day before?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by kings09(m): 10:11am On Dec 20, 2015
francizy:

Shikina! Anything outside this is unacceptable by the masses! cool
Am still saying it,NLC shld allow d subsidy removal n clamour for #100k minimum wage. wit d kind of govt in 9ja, palliative measures promise wont be fufilled.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by MzPecs(f): 10:12am On Dec 20, 2015
dahaz:

mz do not believe everything you read on the papers
I've never believed them! grin

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by ozo13(m): 10:14am On Dec 20, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

he governed the most economic vibrant state for 8 years wailer
smart one bro
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 20, 2015
Keneking:
Pretty straight forward'
- sack subsidy - delete subsidy from the budget - sack employees working on the subsidy payment analysis in NNPC - block any protest by any groups with armed forces - any PDP member that has objection should be dealt with accordingly
The smallest unit of sense u don't have.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by LordAdam: 10:20am On Dec 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

This man has spoken well.
However, I'd like to add that there is no on-going war against corruption.

What we see daily are media trials of perceived political enemies.

The past administration engaged in some sleaze and corrupt practices, but they are gone now, and gone for good.

However, no one seems to be beaming a search light on the current administration, which might as well be perpetuating the same act we stoned the past admin for...using more sophisticated and water-tight schemes this time.

The feelers here is that as long as you're in the right camp, say and do the "right" things, you will not be hounded by the EFCC, otherwise, you're on your own.

This in itself is not a wholesome development.

My thoughts exactly.

-Lord
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by asEdeyHOT: 10:39am On Dec 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

and what did he have to show for it?
Zilch, Zippo and Nada.

Save for Fashola, Lagos'd still be a huge mess and an Agbero haven.

Say something else pleaseundecided

Agbero haven indeed?

I guess that is one of the reasons that informed your decision to leave your state in Igboland to move to Yorubaland.

What is the current situation in your village? Pray,tell. undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by deyvhid26: 10:42am On Dec 20, 2015
How can u remove subsidy and not increase fuel price .... We just need to endure d increment in fuel ..so FG can spend wisely on other issues ..rather than spending half of their yearly budget on fuel.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by oloriooko(m): 10:43am On Dec 20, 2015
A quick question, so what was the reason behind the protest organised by whoever in Lagos over subsidy removal?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 20, 2015
Keneking:

Pretty straight forward'

- sack subsidy
easier said at the comfort of your home than done
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by jonzy1(m): 11:11am On Dec 20, 2015
tobimillar:

And what will be the market rate when Iran and US starts pumping crude in January

Where will US get oil to pump to international market? Rig counts reduced drastically by 90% in US this year. At the current price of Crude in international market US shale oil production is dead.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by cele360: 11:12am On Dec 20, 2015
Buhari remove subsidy oooooooooooooo
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by cele360: 11:13am On Dec 20, 2015
we are tried of this supsidy scam, Pls remove supsidy
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by feaworaoja007: 11:29am On Dec 20, 2015
Rather be a wailer;than a Zombie!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by lookingfly: 12:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
Keneking:

Pretty straight forward'

- sack subsidy
please try and be matured for once. Who cares about PDP or APC, what matters now is how to solve the problem this country is facing and stop the name calling because it wouldn't lead us as a country any where.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Hakeem3(m): 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
ritababe:
Lol, am not surprise thats why they call him dullard
For a dullard to be more rational and unclueless than ur ex president from bayelsa state is more surprising ..!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Opinion: Concerning Biafra And The Igbo Agitation For Secession / Electricity Consumers To Pay More In New NERC Regulation / Jacob Zuma On A 2-Day Visit To Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.