Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,288 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) (23561 Views)

Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / Obasanjo, Tinubu Clash Over Ministerial Nominees: New telegraph / Buhari Confronts Jonathan With His ‘sins’: New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 20, 2015
I thought he said there is nothing like fuel subsidy during his campaign?kai baba!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by buchilino(m): 12:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

You're always talking out of point. You don't see any dilemma, right?... But B00HARI sees because he's a dull'ard.

DATS Y HE OR SHE 2 IS A DULLARD. ALWAYS TALKING OUT OF POINT
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by TopHand: 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
Dilemma? what dilemma, the subsidy has to go when oil prices were high when we could afford it our leaders refused to invest oil renevue in making us self sufficient from foreign petrol and diesel we had our opportunity, with dollar in very short supply and the whole business sector in a gradual state of collaspe it is not a choice, Nigeria simply does not have the luxury of delay President Buhari must act now, the banks are no more facilitating payments of business transanctions conducted aboard, online e-commerce is ceasing and very soon 80% of the population engaged in self employment and business will grind to an halt and collapse.
It is not a question of if, it is a question of when, the soon the better, the government needs not only increase its foreign reserves but it also has to make this foreign currencies available for businesses transanctions.
While this current situation is not PMB or Apc fault (100% PDP fault, Nigeria after record oil prices and 16yrs of pdp should not be importing petrol) the govt needs to
1. Remove fuel subsidy ( its time to bury the masquerade disturbing the peace in town, yes we know there will be resistance from the beast the NLC cronies and other beneficiaries will mobilise but after exhausting its resources the beast will be conqered the government just needs to plan and put in place a framework to neutralise any NLC plan to cripple oil and transport sector)
2. devalue the Naria (free the Naria of all the external stress and speculations against, the CBN governor and directors should pls study the Russian experience who where forced after months of intervention to free the Ruble, presently Russia has a very heatly foreign reserve)
3. change the currency (this will enable the govt regain control of Naria, it will also assist in the war angainst corruption all those "David Mk politicans" with lots of "Ghana must go" will end up losing their ill gotten wealth thank God 4 BVN they can not change the cash in the bank )

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Eruditor: 12:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
oloriooko:
A quick question, so what was the reason behind the protest organised by whoever in Lagos over subsidy removal?

A quick answer, we didn't trust the government of Knaves to utilise the money.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by TopHand: 12:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
madridguy:
My comment is as regards to the statement from the Minister of Finance which said there might not be increment in Fuel price even though the subsidy is totally removed.

there is some truth to that statement since oil prices have collapse and the price of petrol at the pumps is falling worldwide, our problem is we are spending too much dollars and pounds to keep this subsidy
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Jacko1(m): 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
Subsidy the biggest scam and bondage besieging nigeria we need to rejoice on the streets wen its removed

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by ubah84(m): 12:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
I know my president is wise he will not skyrocket fuel price like d clueless one did in 2012
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Kunlwal1000: 12:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
If we must move forward as a nation, our economy needs to be seriously diversified. I'm tired of oil this, oil that.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by oloriooko(m): 12:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
Eruditor:

A quick answer, we didn't trust the government of Knaves to utilise the money.

So you think we can trust these group of people who cannot stand by their campaign promises and already causing hardship and always referring to the past administration?

Man, you are of all men most miserable if you trust a politician. The best we can do is to hold them to their campaign promises instead of being their stooges
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by shoboy9: 12:56pm On Dec 20, 2015
Removing subsidy won't help Nigerians if the greedy corrupt people who are milking the nation now are left alone. They will buy oil at $20/barrel but sell fuel to Nigerians at $20/litre if possible. Removing subsidy should only follow anticorruption war in the energy sector. Even u don't remove it, u cannot leave parasites to control such a vital resource.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Eruditor: 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
oloriooko:

So you think we can trust these group of people who cannot stand by their campaign promises and already causing hardship and always referring to the past administration?

Man, you are of all men most miserable if you trust a politician. The best we can do is to hold them to their campaign promises instead of being their stooges

I can trust PMB. I actually trust him more than his party and thank God he controls his party.

I could never trust the previous govt. Even the little subsidy that was removed they grossly mismanaged. Christopher Kolade dumped the fraud of a SURE-P. The rest of the complaints about YOUWIN and co are well known. Something as serious as BH, they used as a ploy to launder money and pay themselves.

PMB is cut from a different stock.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by prettyboi1(m): 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

This man has spoken well.
However, I'd like to add that there is no on-going war against corruption.

What we see daily are media trials of perceived political enemies.

The past administration engaged in some sleaze and corrupt practices, but they are gone now, and gone for good.

However, no one seems to be beaming a search light on the current administration, which might as well be perpetuating the same act we stoned the past admin for...using more sophisticated and water-tight schemes this time.

The feelers here is that as long as you're in the right camp, say and do the "right" things, you will not be hounded by the EFCC, otherwise, you're on your own.

This in itself is not a wholesome development.
You're entitled to your opinion....everyone is.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by kayfra: 1:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
madridguy:
Remove subsidy but don't increase fuel price. Shikena

This doesn't even make any sense whatsoever. Did you even think about what you wrote?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by oloriooko(m): 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
Eruditor:

I can trust PMB. I actually trust him more than his party and thank God he controls his party.

I could never trust the previous govt. Even the little subsidy that was removed they grossly mismanaged. Christopher Kolade dumped the fraud of a SURE-P. The rest of the complaints about YOUWIN and co are well known. Something as serious as BH, they used as a ploy to launder money and pay themselves.

Stop day dreaming, wake up and smell the roses
PMB or no PMB, a politician is a politician until he/she proves otherwise

PMB should work all his talks enough of scoping
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by viktor01(m): 1:13pm On Dec 20, 2015
Whatever floats the boat Nigeria out of this stormy economic waters that these compassless APC captains have lead us into is acceptable by me.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by BraniacX(m): 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
Keneking:
I don't see any dilemma with the issue.

Pretty straight forward'

- sack subsidy
- delete subsidy from the budget
- sack employees working on the subsidy payment analysis in NNPC
- block any protest by any groups with armed forces
- any PDP member that has objection should be dealt with accordingly

were you not informed that speaking through your anus is gross and retrogressive?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by BraniacX(m): 1:22pm On Dec 20, 2015
madridguy:

how ma guy ?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by BraniacX(m): 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2015
Eruditor:

all these according to whom? undecided
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

The past administration engaged in some sleaze and corrupt practices, but they are gone now, and gone for good.

However, no one seems to be beaming a search light on the current administration, which might as well be perpetuating the same act we stoned the past admin for...using more sophisticated and water-tight schemes this time.

The feelers here is that as long as you're in the right camp, say and do the "right" things, you will not be hounded by the EFCC, otherwise, you're on your own.

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by cele360: 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2015
we are tried of this supsidy scam, Pls remove supsidy, is a scam, we still buy fuel #130-#180 pls remove subsidy. Buhari remove supsidy
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by prettyboi1(m): 1:24pm On Dec 20, 2015
Bugatie:
The removal or not of subsidy is enough to make Buhari resign and also for Tinubu to hide his face in shame, after insisting there was no subsidy Jonathan's regime and Tinubu mobilising his party to "occupy Nigeria"

Bunch of hypocrites
You guys keep missing the point..all because you want to defend GEJ. I don't think that the subsidy removal would have been a big issue when GEJ wanted to remove it if he was smart about how he went about it. What infuriated Nigerians was that they decided to remove it all at once when they had originally promised that it would be done in phases. Imagine buying petrol for 65 Naira on 31st December, and all of a sudden,you're buying at 140 Naira (over double the former price) on the 1st day of January when the government originally promised that it would start the PHASING out in April. The public did not expect that sudden lift...especially on new year's day when people were starting to figure out how to get back to their various cities of work after the holidays. That was a wrong and unsmart way to go about it when they we're suppose to go about it in stages, that's why protests broke out nationwide.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

your head correct die my sister.. many don't realize that the fight against corruption right now as we know is highly biased..who can try an apc member for fraud I office..I am not talking about one who has intentions of defecting to another party..I am talking about a party member like remi tinubu...

As usual mumu Nigerians won't beam their lights on the present administration as well..
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by BraniacX(m): 1:27pm On Dec 20, 2015
tobimillar:
Remove subsidy and sell fuel for less than 30 naira / litre . with Iran pumping crude next year, and the US removing the 40 year ban on crude export, I see crude oil crashing to about $20/barrel. So we ought to buying PMS at less than 30naira/ litre from next year

fuel from your private refinery abi? undecided
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by BraniacX(m): 1:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
Yungwizzzy:

he governed the most economic vibrant state for 8 years wailer

oh! you mean the most hyped and grossly indebted economy right? now I understand you
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by BraniacX(m): 1:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
themilanway:

Show us one governor that had that little or no hep from the federal government

what little help? was lagos state government's monthly allocation withheld? or was it that of their illegally created L.C.D.A's?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Ogadtop(m): 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
but what halpened to the use of natural gas now.the thing is cheap and readily available
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by 4C2215131: 2:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
Keneking:

Pretty straight forward'

- sack subsidy

A sure, wonderful and brilliant recipe for a total breakdown of law and order and possible disintegration of the country called Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by AdeniyiA(m): 2:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
In all these nobody is talking about our refineries being put in good shape and to build modular ones? Sometimes i am ashamed being called a Nigerian...

Youths who have lost hopes in the nation and tried to survive by putting their talents to work through establishment of, tho illegal, refineries are being hunted,imprisoned and their plants destroyed with no plans whatsoever for their future. why not gather them, empower them and provide necessary tools and equipment for them to build modular refineries
Nigeria is a country that kill budding talents by misdirection ,discouragement and persecution ... undecided
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 2:09pm On Dec 20, 2015
Keneking:

Pretty straight forward'

- sack subsidy

Mr Man, its simplier said than done and you are very wrong if you think that there are no other factors in play, and regarding your military idea it won't solve anything rather it will make matters worse.

SeverusSnape:

You're always talking out of point. You don't see any dilemma, right?... But B00HARI sees because he's a dull'ard.

And anyone who doesn't see the dilemma in which Nigeria's economy is in, is the dullest of all.

madridguy:

Bros with Nigeria's refineries production Quota below 20%, this statement you just made is like saying ''shoot this guy in the brain but make sure he doesn't die''.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by frankyychiji(f): 2:18pm On Dec 20, 2015
RELEASEUS:
Please don't try it, Nigeria isn't a place that cares, don't give your family unnecessary anguish, PMB is not the messiah for your information. So don't die for him if the opportunity arrive, just pick race run comot...
Thank you jare!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by frankyychiji(f): 2:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
eyesofgod:

... I love fufu but I hate the smell.
hahaha..
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by abimic(m): 2:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3207821_83060_jpeg4bd2434ccd1fbeec7e7826a910da63ea

The man is a dull'ard. Who ever believed he was intelligent is a bigger dull'ard.
Dullard? Stop the quipping, it doesn't make any Logical sense, if with the PhD that once held sway at the helm of affairs couldn't translate to better life for many Nigerians, then u would better make more sense if after a year, all his possible approaches fail. Hold your peace, hold your wrath, a new sheriff is in town, dull but not foolish like GEJ whose nemesis will forever hunt him. I've never supported the subsidy removal of a thing and PDP would have done well then to have gradually phased it out since 2005 if they ever had good plans for us, but who knows, maybe Dasuki would have diverted all the money again. But now since a new sheriff is in town, on whose shoulder lies the burden of many Nigerians, then subsidy can go as long as Dasuki Snr. And Jnr. Are no where near aso rock.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

We Won’t Fund Your Census - US To Nigeria / The New Face Of Tamsu Kawu Village Borno(photos) / Buhari, Osinbajo To Spend N9.06bn On Food, Travel, Cars, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.