Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:28 PM

Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) (23557 Views)

Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / Obasanjo, Tinubu Clash Over Ministerial Nominees: New telegraph / Buhari Confronts Jonathan With His ‘sins’: New Telegraph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by mistymoon: 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
madridguy:
My brother we are not in the military regime.

There has to be a proper engagement with the citizens of Nigeria in this subsidy boju boju. Let the government come clean on what exactly is going on with the subsidy issue. We can not continue to fund some peoples empire at the expense of the people. Let's look at the current situation in the country- the government claims that the products are subsidized and yet the pump prices are still unbelievably high. Global crude prices has dropped from a high of $65 at the beginning of this year to around $35 this week. What this means is that prices of refined products have equally dropped globally but we have not seen that trend from the so called importers of petroleum products. Honestly if as a nation we can not sort out the crisis in the oil and power sector so that we can have affordable and stable refined products and electricity supply then our journey to the promised land will remain an illusion.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by madridguy(m): 3:01pm On Dec 20, 2015
My comment is as regards to the statement from the Minister of petroleum which said there might not be increment in Fuel price even though the subsidy is totally removed.

kayfra:

This doesn't even make any sense whatsoever. Did you even think about what you wrote?
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by stankezzy: 3:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
I no follow de wait

Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Amigo101(m): 3:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
Keneking:
I don't see any dilemma with the issue.

Pretty straight forward'

- sack subsidy
- delete subsidy from the budget
- sack employees working on the subsidy payment analysis in NNPC
- block any protest by any groups with armed forces
- any PDP member that has objection should be dealt with accordingly
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 20, 2015
Demmocrats:

When a party leader with no background knowledge, not even minister of finance or advance degree in economics is advising the government on how to run the economy that's why we are in shit hole right now.

Tinubu Is more intelligent than Buari Ten times.

Tinubu ran Lagos for years under OBJ without FAAC.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by BLINGZ88: 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
madridguy:
Remove subsidy but don't increase fuel price. Shikena
very funny
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Cityguy: 5:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
Bugatie:
The removal or not of subsidy is enough to make Buhari resign and also for Tinubu to hide his face in shame, after insisting there was no subsidy Jonathan's regime and Tinubu mobilising his party to "occupy Nigeria"

Bunch of hypocrites
Bravo!
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Bugatie(m): 5:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
prettyboi1:

You guys keep missing the point..all because you want to defend GEJ. I don't think that the subsidy removal would have been a big issue when GEJ wanted to remove it if he was smart about how he went about it. What infuriated Nigerians was that they decided to remove it all at once when they had originally promised that it would be done in phases. Imagine buying petrol for 65 Naira on 31st December, and all of a sudden,you're buying at 140 Naira (over double the former price) on the 1st day of January when the government originally promised that it would start the PHASING out in April. The public did not expect that sudden lift...especially on new year's day when people were starting to figure out how to get back to their various cities of work after the holidays. That was a wrong and unsmart way to go about it when they we're suppose to go about it in stages, that's why protests broke out nationwide.

God Bless Nigeria.

If honour means anything to Buhari and APC, this is just the way to go.. he should simply resign on principle, forget your epistle.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2015
SeverusSnape:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3207821_83060_jpeg4bd2434ccd1fbeec7e7826a910da63ea

The man is a dull'ard. Who ever believed he was intelligent is a bigger dull'ard.

I hope u won't regret wasting your productive years in having political arguments over people who don't even know u exist. By the time ur mates start achieving great things, u will find tears for ur eyes u no go see. I pity your mama
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by thehomer: 7:28pm On Dec 20, 2015
madridguy:
Remove subsidy but don't increase fuel price. Shikena

This sort of confused response just makes me wonder. The removal of subsidy means that fuel price is no longer controlled by the government.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by proprince(m): 6:54am On Dec 21, 2015
Change grin
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by pimpo: 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
Keneking:
I don't see any dilemma with the issue.

Pretty straight forward'

- sack subsidy
- delete subsidy from the budget
- sack employees working on the subsidy payment analysis in NNPC
- block any protest by any groups with armed forces
- any PDP member that has objection should be dealt with accordingly

It was a PDP govt. that suggested it in 2012 and the current govt. party kicked against it silly.
Re: Fuel Subsidy: Buhari In Dilemma (new Telegraph) by Irokonews: 12:49pm On May 12, 2016
The Minister of State for Petroleum, Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu in his recent Press Statement concerning the current fuel situation in Nigeria announced that fuel will be sold at the price of 145 Naira.
For more details, follow the link below
http://www.irokonews.com/2016/05/ibe-kachikwu-confirms-fuel-to-be-sold.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka Matriculates At Baze University (Photo) / Ogun, Adamawa, Oyo, Lagos Top List Of Presidential Aides / Falana Was Fully Briefed By Clara Chime

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.