Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,230 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

I Hate Being Smart! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Hate Being Smart! (18308 Views)

Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System / I Hate Reading — Oyindamola Badejo, Bells University Best Graduating Student / Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate Being Smart! by MathsChic(f): 12:21pm On Dec 20, 2015
Sometimes I just hate being smart. Being smart, getting A's in school will make you top your class and later provide you with a decent to very lucrative job that's just going to assure your future. You won't be poor and you'll live a comfortable life. But sometimes, I just can't help but wonder at how boring and mundane everything eventually becomes. sad sad angry

On the other hand, not getting all the A's and not topping your class will throw you out there, challenge you to dream big and force you to come up with a living that could probably break bounds, making you into a household name. Linda Ikeji, Toke Makinwa, Folorunsho Alakija, Oprah, these are people who certainly didn't get the best grades in school or studied the best courses at university, yet they shape and influence the polity more than the best graduating student in Electrical Engineering from the set 1985 in Unilag would ever do. And who's that best graduating student anways? I bet no one knows today! sad sad

I so hate being smart! I wish I was a regular one that would have had to create something for herself. sad angry

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by dhummystecah(f): 12:29pm On Dec 20, 2015
Being smart is cool. Mind you, smartness is not all about qualifications.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by ITbomb(m): 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
Once in a while, take your life away from the books and theories and begin to understand the commonsense the market woman or an apprentice use to survive. You will learn a lot from it.

The greatest inventions in the world were from natural observations before the research . Imagine someone helping his wife to wash the dish and then he observed how the nuts were moving at random - Brownian motion discovered

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ha ha ha ha....

You sound like my younger brother. I mean while we are all smart arses, he seems to be the super-mega-smart.

But he says the exact same thing. He claims his mates who went into politics and entertainment (especially music and stand up comedy) are driving range rovers and will get quicker attention in a mall or a bank before him.

grin grin grin grin grin

Any way nothing gives everlasting happiness. Work hard and play hard. Isn't that what they say?

Your straight As do not mean that you wont have to create stuff for yourself either.

You can also be smart and be a celebrity. Abi na? You must not end up in NASA.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by 4X4: 3:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
ITbomb:
Once in a while, take your life away from the books and theories and begin to understand the commonsense the market woman or an apprentice use to survive. You will learn a lot from it.

The greatest inventions in the world were from natural observations before the research . Imagine someone helping his wife to wash the dish and then he observed how the nuts were moving at random - Brownian motion discovered
HI GIRL UR PRETTY WHAT'S UR FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ID ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

2 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by ITbomb(m): 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2015
4X4:

HI GIRL UR PRETTY WHAT'S UR FACEBOOK OR TWITTER ID ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
My asz is covered with the blood of Jesus

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Sijo01(f): 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
ITbomb:

I join you to say a big AMEN.

15 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Saintzykie: 4:11pm On Dec 20, 2015
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by PresVA: 6:05pm On Dec 20, 2015
I don't understand Op, does being smart prevent one from being creative? undecided

6 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 20, 2015
Honestly, you have no idea! People tend to think being smart makes you boring; you never get to have fun with your peers anymore

1 Like

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by spacyzuma(m): 9:07pm On Dec 20, 2015
As humans, we're never satisfied.

I would always pick being smart over being not-smart. It has more benefits although It doesn't always lead to more happiness.

As for everything being boring & mundane to you, that's not a prerogative of being smart or not-smart. That's due to you and your environment. There are no boring places or occurrences, just boring people. It's up to you to find new ways to excite yourself. Learn a new language. Change jobs (or quit jobs). Start a dance group. Experiment new things with sex. Travel to another country or continent. There are lots of things you can do.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by ojoawo(m): 12:20am On Dec 21, 2015
tongue

8 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Raplinx(m): 5:31am On Dec 21, 2015
MathsChic:
Sometimes I just hate being smart. Being smart, getting A's in school will make you top your class and later provide you with a decent to very lucrative job that's just going to assure your future. You won't be poor and you'll live a comfortable life. But sometimes, I just can't help but wonder at how boring and mundane everything eventually becomes. sad sad angry

On the other hand, not getting all the A's and not topping your class will throw you out there, challenge you to dream big and force you to come up with a living that could probably break bounds, making you into a household name. Linda Ikeji, Toke Makinwa, Folorunsho Alakija, Oprah, these are people who certainly didn't get the best grades in school or studied the best courses at university, yet they shape and influence the polity more than the best graduating student in Electrical Engineering from the set 1985 in Unilag would ever do. And who's that best graduating student anways? I bet no one knows today! sad sad

I so hate being smart! I wish I was a regular one that would have had to create something for herself. sad angry
1st if u're never challenged to make it in this Life b4 making ur way into a uni, then u'll never ever be challenged/motivated! Working hard for an A Is the best u can do for urself as of this level. Linda Ikeji and co u're mentioning i'm sure were never a lazy-arse in d university!! Fame is Fame n it comes from any angle. Prof. Alexanda Animalu, Prof. Chinue Achebe, Prof. Wole Soyinka, Prof. P.N Okeke, Chika Obi etc, didnt they hustle in their field of Study?? Smh,
u chose whether to make fame or not, whether to immortalize ur name or not! Whether to leave ur footprints in d sands of time or not!
I guess u shud dropout 4rm school n try being a truck pusher so u can be challenged with Life.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Stycon(m): 10:18am On Dec 21, 2015
Hey Dear,

It's all boils down to "finding the balance" as well as try not to get caught up in the pursuit of "happiness"~ whatever it's called anyway

I think you can have it both wayssmiley

And mind you, not getting the A's might not necessarily "challenge you to dream big and force you to come up with a living that could probably break bounds, making you into a household name." if you don't get hold of the wheel of your life and make meaning outta it(in other words; if you're not smart).

Please note that when we get "there" we may discover there is NO "there" in the first place tongue ...so Live & Enjoy the moment!

If you ask me, I would say becoming a household name like Linda Ikeji, Toke Makinwa, Folorunsho Alakija, Oprah comes from being "smart" ~ although it's another level of "smartness " and remember that being yourself is all that counts!

The irony of life is that some folks out there are also wishing they are as smart as you are and perhaps have the kind of life you have too smiley

Embrace who you are; knowing that it's not too late to create something remarkable for yourselfwink

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by magneto(m): 1:59pm On Dec 21, 2015
ITbomb:

Buhahahahahahahaha.....kai! I luv nairaland! grin

@mathschic, being smart is good but being wise is better. A smart and wise person will achieve far more than a regular wise person. There is still plenty hope for u....I see u going places and achieving great things!

1 Like

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
MathsChic:

And who told you that you are smart?

13 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by MathsChic(f): 4:33pm On Dec 23, 2015
magneto:

Buhahahahahahahaha.....kai! I luv nairaland! grin

@mathschic, being smart is good but being wise is better. A smart and wise person will achieve far more than a regular wise person. There is still plenty hope for u....I see u going places and achieving great things!
Thanks oh!
I agree sha. Being wise and smart is better. I try to be wise. embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by MathsChic(f): 4:35pm On Dec 23, 2015
timonski:

And who told you that you are smart?
I know I am. I know that for a fact. Thanks for asking grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by MathsChic(f): 4:37pm On Dec 23, 2015
Stycon:
Hey Dear,

It's all boils down to "finding the balance" as well as try not to get caught up in the pursuit of "happiness"~ whatever it's called anyway

I think you can have it both wayssmiley

And mind you, not getting the A's might not necessarily "challenge you to dream big and force you to come up with a living that could probably break bounds, making you into a household name." if you don't get hold of the wheel of your life and make meaning outta it(in other words; if you're not smart).

Please note that when we get "there" we may discover there is NO "there" in the first place tongue ...so Live & Enjoy the moment!

If you ask me, I would say becoming a household name like Linda Ikeji, Toke Makinwa, Folorunsho Alakija, Oprah comes from being "smart" ~ although it's another level of "smartness " and remember that being yourself is all that counts!

The irony of life is that some folks out there are also wishing they are as smart as you are and perhaps have the kind of life you have too smiley

Embrace who you are; knowing that it's not too late to create something remarkable for yourselfwink

Indeed, being a household name is a level of smartness. Good words. You said a lot. Thankie smiley

3 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2015
MathsChic:
I know I am. I know that for a fact. Thanks for asking grin cheesy
lol. So you just think you with no authentic source?
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by MathsChic(f): 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2015
timonski:

lol. So you just think you with no authentic source?
That's the point of being smart. Why should you believe any source I give you? Over the internet? smiley

1 Like

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
MathsChic:

That's the point of being smart. Why should you believe any source I give you? Over the internet? smiley
Eh, who knows? You may seem smart with respect to an average retarded Nigerian, but might be average or even below average. So go check a psychologist. :p

1 Like

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by MathsChic(f): 6:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
timonski:

Eh, who knows? You may seem smart with respect to an average retarded Nigerian, but might be average or even below average. So go check a psychologist. :p
Hahaha. Well, I never schooled in Nigeria to start with. So, awry goes your theory! tongue

2 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
MathsChic:

Hahaha. Well, I never schooled in Nigeria to start with. So, awry goes your theory! tongue
so na wetin you come find for nairaland?:@

2 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by magneto(m): 1:00am On Dec 24, 2015
MathsChic:

Thanks oh!
I agree sha. Being wise and smart is better. I try to be wise. embarassed

Yes oh, my dear... Its wisdom dat helps u maintain ur cool wen u've not yet achieved ur goals, but know fully well dat u still can.
Its dat quiet voice within u dat reminds u of how far u have come regardless; and reassures u of ur innate capabilities and potential for greatness.
Its d wisdom dat makes u recognize and take advantage of opportunities dat come ur way as much as u can.
Its wisdom dat keeps u humble and always ready to learn from evry single person u come across in ur life journey.

Thank God for wisdom! cool

1 Like

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by MathsChic(f): 8:25pm On Dec 24, 2015
timonski:

so na wetin you come find for nairaland?:@
like i shouldnt be on nairaland?

1 Like

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Blackeard(m): 9:03pm On Dec 27, 2015
Babe a beautiful woman with brains is a lethal combination. Be grateful for being smart. There are a lot of self absorbed bimbos out there. You're an intellectual Badass. Be proud of it!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by agentofchange1(m): 11:20pm On Jan 03, 2016
JESUS IS THE ANSWER.
MathsChic:

2 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by agentofchange1(m): 11:23pm On Jan 03, 2016
IT happens
MathsChic:

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 07, 2016
MathsChic:

honestly you dont sound smart. you sound dumb. i used to top my class too and trust me, i have dreams that ive turned into reality and i know will turn into my empire. whatever you do, do it well simple. miss smart, you can dream of being a nobel laureate, a great writer, a well known philanthropist, a great business owner, even a VC. my dear, the fact that bill gates and mark zukerberg dropped out of school doesnt mean they arent smart, read up and you will see that they were actually too intelligent for school. i just think you are lazy and you feel all those women you mentioned are dull and less than you IQ wise. my friend go rest biko.

14 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by MathsChic(f): 12:53pm On Jan 07, 2016
kyrieEleisom:
honestly you dont sound smart. you sound dumb. i used to top my class too and trust me, i have dreams that ive turned into reality and i know will turn into my empire. whatever you do, do it well simple. miss smart, you can dream of being a nobel laureate, a great writer, a well known philanthropist, a great business owner, even a VC. my dear, the fact that bill gates and mark zukerberg dropped out of school doesnt mean they arent smart, read up and you will see that they were actually too intelligent for school. i just think you are lazy and you feel all those women you mentioned are dull and less than you IQ wise. my friend go rest biko.
Tenk you smiley

4 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Saintzykie: 2:15pm On Jan 07, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OAU Slashes Tuition / ASUU-NEC To Debate Strike Resumption On Monday, November 7 / Neco Gce Form Will Soon Close!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.