Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,548 members, 7,958,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:38 PM

I Hate Being Smart! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Hate Being Smart! (18495 Views)

Reasons I Hate The Nigeria School System / I Hate Reading — Oyindamola Badejo, Bells University Best Graduating Student / Kaduna University Suspends John Danfulani, Lecturer Over Facebook ‘hate Speech’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 07, 2016
MathChic I have a math problem for you
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by agentofchange1(m): 8:23am On Jan 08, 2016
logarithm:
MathChic I have a math problem for you

Drop it ..

#Are.you.mathchic?..No..then.mind.ur.business.. Ok..

#Zooms.off..asap..
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Kenshinmunac(m): 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2016
MathsChic:
Sometimes I just hate being smart. Being smart, getting A's in school will make you top your class and later provide you with a decent to very lucrative job that's just going to assure your future. You won't be poor and you'll live a comfortable life. But sometimes, I just can't help but wonder at how boring and mundane everything eventually becomes. sad sad angry

On the other hand, not getting all the A's and not topping your class will throw you out there, challenge you to dream big and force you to come up with a living that could probably break bounds, making you into a household name. Linda Ikeji, Toke Makinwa, Folorunsho Alakija, Oprah, these are people who certainly didn't get the best grades in school or studied the best courses at university, yet they shape and influence the polity more than the best graduating student in Electrical Engineering from the set 1985 in Unilag would ever do. And who's that best graduating student anways? I bet no one knows today! sad sad

I so hate being smart! I wish I was a regular one that would have had to create something for herself. sad angry

Na wa oo. Here I am just telling my gf few mins ago she is not Intellectual enough to advise me and you Re here complaining of being smart? You have any idea I'm seriously looking for a lady like you who can give me advise, build a future with me to be real successful?
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by ipledge10(m): 2:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
Now I see someone thinking in right Direction ...maybe you should use your smartness in another way...you can't only show your smartness in education alone,try Business
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by ocheejemb: 2:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
MathsChic:
Sometimes I just hate being smart. Being smart, getting A's in school will make you top your class and later provide you with a decent to very lucrative job that's just going to assure your future. You won't be poor and you'll live a comfortable life. But sometimes, I just can't help but wonder at how boring and mundane everything eventually becomes. sad sad angry

On the other hand, not getting all the A's and not topping your class will throw you out there, challenge you to dream big and force you to come up with a living that could probably break bounds, making you into a household name. Linda Ikeji, Toke Makinwa, Folorunsho Alakija, Oprah, these are people who certainly didn't get the best grades in school or studied the best courses at university, yet they shape and influence the polity more than the best graduating student in Electrical Engineering from the set 1985 in Unilag would ever do. And who's that best graduating student anways? I bet no one knows today! sad sad

I so hate being smart! I wish I was a regular one that would have had to create something for herself. sad angry

Most smart people don't actually think they are that smart, so this your self-aggrandizing post makes me wonder how smart you actually are. Also suggesting that being smart automatically precludes you from shaping polity like Linda Ikeji or Toke Makinwa (of all examples), again makes me question how smart you actually are. Why are those particular ladies your beacons? Why not Chimamanda or Ngozi Okonjo Iweala - they probably topped their classes in their day. What of Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg who had to drop out of Harvard as they were so smart that there was nothing they could learn there. What of the countless professionals -scientists, engineers, doctors, teachers, bankers, lawyers - who over the course of history, have shaped our past and our future. Those men and women have and are contributing their quota to the advancement of the human race.

Again, I ask you - if you think being intelligent is about having gossip and makeup blogs, or being a lucky oil magnate - then your so-called intelligence isn't at the level you think it is.

7 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Kaylexzy(m): 2:51pm On Jan 12, 2016
MathsChic:

Geheeheehee... Now I'm loving dis... grin

U wana create something rather than b d Nerd that only knows how to get A's?

Sounds cool to me tho...

But even as an Engineer, there is a lot u can do....
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 12, 2016
Dear OP, this thread you opened just showed you're actually dumb and naive.
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by safarigirl(f): 2:53pm On Jan 12, 2016
People will just come here o be abusing terms

So because you know book in your field of study and are getting A's, you're smart. Yet, it's one primary school dropout that will scam you when you enter market

Some people need to get over themselves, ain't no smart person whining about being smart.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by safarigirl(f): 2:56pm On Jan 12, 2016
Kenshinmunac:

Na wa oo. Here I am just telling my gf few mins ago she is not Intellectual enough to advise me and you Re here complaining of being smart? You have any idea I'm seriously looking for a lady like you who can give me advise, build a future with me to be real successful?
knowing book only makes you book smart. Being book smart is unfortunately, not the real key to success...

You'll need more than A's in school to make it in life. Try not to assume OP can assist anyone on how to run their life and make decisions just because she gets A's in calculation based subjects

5 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by danduchi(m): 2:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
If you're smart, you won't be writing this

2 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Kenshinmunac(m): 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
safarigirl:
knowing book only makes you book smart. Being book smart is unfortunately, not the real key to success...

You'll need more than A's in school to make it in life. Try not to assume OP can assist anyone on how to run their life and make decisions just because she gets A's in calculation based subjects

Yea I understand you quite alright, but at least it's better to have a book smart partner than have a partner who is all about doing her hair, nails, Facebook and has no useful piece of advice or can assist you in anyway.
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 12, 2016
MathsChic:

My dear I know your problem. But here's the solution: STREEEEETCH! There are 7 levels of intelligence. Mind you I didn't say 7 types including numerical intelligence, spatial intelligence, musical intelligence and co. I mean 7 LEVELS OF INTELLIGENCE. From the way you sound you're barely in the 2nd or 3rd stage. And now you're bored. Time to move higher. I'd love to be friends though. Are you on WhatsApp? Please do add me up let's talk: 08185880605. Besides seems I've found someone who shares my love for Maths too. Your moniker says so. Lol.
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Patented: 3:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
Mathschic na application of wisdom matter. becoming a household name is all about how you apply your wisdom to meet a need. Every successful Business person meets a need of the people, no matter how mundane
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by sadeade67: 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2016
really..
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 12, 2016
Op being smart is good,those oprah winfrey and co u mentioned are also smart that's why they are what they are today,smartness is not about the grades its about how u think generally.
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by 247notire(m): 3:16pm On Jan 12, 2016
MathsChic:

Nne is being smart same with getting all As? I don't think so. Meanwhile all those women you mentioned are really really smart innovative ladies so do not attempt to take anything away from them. Einstein was a failure in school, he had to be tutored at home. Truth is, life is boring if you are not into a field you love and are passionate about. Whether you make 1st class or not, try to follow your passion. Only then wud life be so much fun and have so much meaning to you. Also I wud recommend you date a smarter, open minded guy whose middle name is fun. Your life wud have been complete then. I love my ladies smart so if I'm lucky enough to meet you in real life, get ready to be swept off ur feet...
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by ivylyn: 3:19pm On Jan 12, 2016
[quote author=MathsChic

I so hate being smart! I wish I was a regular one that would have had to create something for herself. sad angry[/quote]

whoever said being smart makes you irregular?
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Kelvinkipler(m): 3:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
This post doesn't even make sense.
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by agentofchange1(m): 3:23pm On Jan 12, 2016
Ahh! Guys guys ...haba .na....cnt stand u guys raining Insults on "my" mathschic like dar ...abeg...go easy with her...advice and constructive criticism is what required.. not Insults , she thinks/knows she's smart . And I know she Is , she just needs to balance up things ..intelligence, Creativity , innovation.n Social life.

@ my dear , mathschic...I think you should edit d tittle of the thread ..so it doesn't look like ur boasting or smtin...

cc: .Jackpot. ( cm.n rescue a sister.),.

#Shalom.
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 3:25pm On Jan 12, 2016
MathsChic:

Well, so you have a gift, and you feel like it's a burden? What you have to do is focus less on yourself and come up with ways you can better the lives of others with said gift. How can you better the society with your intelligence? Think. God didn't make you smart for no apparent reason. You have a mission to fulfill. Don't be selfish.

1 Like

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Panzerfaust(m): 3:31pm On Jan 12, 2016
MathsChic:

Crap...we know you are smart. I just don't understand why you had to create a thread to advertise it.
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by sauceEEP(m): 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
Mathschic leave trash for ESWAMA...

1 Like

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by mapet: 3:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
@MathsChick,

this is no problem. Just conciously commit to failing the next set of exams and kukuma quit studies.........and you'll become Linda Ikeji
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jan 12, 2016
ITbomb:
My asz is covered with the blood of Jesus
AMEN ABEG.! lol
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by hyperflex(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2016
MathsChic:

What wld Mark Zuckerberg say rn? Or Wozniack or the guy that created Instagram. All you need to do is channel that smartness to a people oriented service. I bet u will excel. Mark Zuck was always smart before facebook. Then he created facebook that people can't do without. I don't know what ur potentials r but if ur smart like that u shld be good @ coding?! Yea?! If u r then we might be able to do something together. I got an idea in entertainment I have started but we barely scratching the surface. I need a team. Dedicated to being known for something tomorrow not today. Whayasay?
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jan 12, 2016
ITbomb:
Once in a while, take your life away from the books and theories and begin to understand the commonsense the market woman or an apprentice use to survive. You will learn a lot from it.

The greatest inventions in the world were from natural observations before the research . Imagine someone helping his wife to wash the dish and then he observed how the nuts were moving at random - Brownian motion discovered
what about the discovery of x- ray, he checked the hands of his wife when she was washing plates in the kitchen and then discovered that her vains .....

1 Like

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by kennynelcon(m): 4:02pm On Jan 12, 2016
Are u smart or Just book Smart.
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by BrosMayowa(m): 4:05pm On Jan 12, 2016
Babes.. Please, being smart is cool.. You don't want to be a dullard. Caltech, MIT, Princeton.. These schools are not just about grades... They're also about producing bright minds that can make things happen.

Apart from tuition fees, the schools tend to provide quality education to their students.. But on average, I don't think they admit students having an IQ below 120.. almost borderline genius.. They want people who have the ability to think, make things happen and achieve almost the impossible...

If the sacrifice I have to make to be extraordinarily gifted in all things 'Technological' is being referred to as a nerd, I'll gladly take it.

In order to be successful, you need a good brain! Bill Gates read and memorized the Encyclopedia at age 8! For this our Naija, even Okonjo Iweala bagged her PhD at MIT (let's forget the political debate), you see my point?.

Being smart is cool babes... and sexy... #TeamSapiosexual You shouldn't hate it.. Me love your genes ooo

1 Like

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by izeeqpotter(m): 4:22pm On Jan 12, 2016
EHEN! OLODOS MAY NOW BE FEELING PROUD OF THEIR HOPELESS HOPELESSNESS
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 12, 2016
some where in england, esther okade is reading this thread with ultimate disgust. grin

your problem is obvious. you're not well challenged. i used to think the way you do. you see, I'm every talented in the arts. a great composer, nobody taught me how to to draw, or write poems, at a young age, I'd written a novel.

so i began to think i was a cool guy and i dared to think i was just too smart. i started wishing i was just like everyone.

until I went to science class and got the beating of my life. All my smartness was brought to the test and i caught myself wishing i was actually smarter. till today, i still keep wishing i was smarter.

just think about it. you named yourself mathschic. you frequent the math thread and hardly any other intellectual place. OF COURSE, you will feel bored, damn it. grin because math is actually very easy when you know the steps that drive each level of abstraction. so when everyone is talking about how hard it is, you that thinks it isn't, starts to feel abnormal. you've spent too much time in the comfort zone. it's time to gtfo. learn something else. DO other things. math isn't everything(okay, maybe it sort of is.) there are other branches of science that will wrack your brain and leave you begging whatever God you believe in to double your intelligence.

if you think just getting a job will be too boring, decide to do something else! like seriously! as a smart person, it should occur to you that there is more than one way to live your adult life besides a job. come on. what happened to scientific research and business? what happened to being a lecturer and having the joy of being able to teach others what you know? with intelligence comes the ability to see more options. and you may need to start developing that now before you can say you are smart.

3 Likes

Re: I Hate Being Smart! by toprealman: 4:29pm On Jan 12, 2016
How can you mention Toke who lacks morals? She brags in her videos and yet cannot tame her man or better still move him to the left.
If you thinks being smart is a crime, resign from your job and hit the street.
Re: I Hate Being Smart! by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jan 12, 2016
MathsChic:

It's 'the grass is always greener on the other side' syndrome that's on your mind. My dear, there are so many 'grounds to break' in the area you're starting to hate, you're just not looking and have started looking away into another's domain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Students Hang On Trucks In Delta To Transport Themselves To School / YABATECH 2016/2017 Departmental Cutoff Marks And Jamb Cut Off Marks / UK: Schools In Leeds Lockdown After Threatening E-mails To Staff, Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.