Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? (22063 Views)

Face ID Vs Fingerprint: Which Is More Secure? / Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives / How To Bypass/unlock Android’s Lock Screen Pattern, PIN Or Password 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Giyerte(m): 9:45am On Dec 21, 2015
I use a crazy pattern, believe me if I open it 20times in your presence, you will never get it.

And one thing I like about pattern is that you have to bring it to me to unlock it for you unlike pin that I can dictate for you.

In other news, I am 22 today.

Shower of likes.............

4 Likes

Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 21, 2015
Lock na lock !
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by henryobinna(m): 9:46am On Dec 21, 2015
both can easily be cleared by formatting, so nothing much about them
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by meldeezyne(f): 9:50am On Dec 21, 2015
greenhulk:
What's the difference between pin and password op.

pin contains numbers, password must contain at least a letter

1 Like

Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Proudnigga(m): 9:56am On Dec 21, 2015
mosjames:

Yeah, that phone is dope
They'll only unlock your phone if they can cut your finger, impossible something cool
they don't need to cut ur finger, just point a toy gun at u and nobody would tell u what to do undecided

1 Like

Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 21, 2015
Both & none lipsrsealed
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by princerichardo20: 10:00am On Dec 21, 2015
I prefer FACE UNLOCK! !!!!!!!
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by FrancisCAF: 10:02am On Dec 21, 2015
Pin is more secured than pattern. Though Finger print is the best only that it has a draw back. In case of any cut or tear on ur finger, your name is sorry
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by timunstopable: 10:04am On Dec 21, 2015
Pin
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by krozay(m): 10:07am On Dec 21, 2015
PIN
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by nairalandbuzz(m): 10:19am On Dec 21, 2015
Electronzeez:
You will agree with me android operating system is the most vulnerable of all mobile operating system , many reasons play here but the most important happens to be the fact that android is an open source OS.

Despite the easy access to bypass android security lock . you can't go in to someone android phone without a key , this key can either be a PIN (a four digit number ) OR a pattern lock ( a three by three matrix grid code). Without these form of password you might need to restore the android phone to default , the hard reset is the term here.

There is one way to keep your android phone off tresspasser from your files , document etc. This is your password .

Choosing the right form of password is important , that is PIN or pattern lock . without any trick I can always break in android users phone that use pattern lock than those with PIN lock. One reason is that there is always a pattern track on your android screen . the more ofen you make use of the pattern lock the easier it is to view your pattern track .

PIN remain the best form to keep your android lock temporarily as it is difficult to be guess correctly all the time .

Let me know if you have a different thought on this .

Where you get it wrong is saying it is vulnerable cos it is open source. Open source is the most secured if you ask me why I will tell you.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by babafirst(m): 10:21am On Dec 21, 2015
timbros:
Finger print scanner is the most secure.
Fingerprint scanner is not the most secure,my 13 year old son just told me he could still place my finger on the print pad when I am fast asleep and access the phone.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Sollykay41(m): 10:23am On Dec 21, 2015
benebaby77:

What if one's finger gets burned nko!
lol
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by MinorityTribe: 10:23am On Dec 21, 2015
I believe Pattern lock is the best especially when you make it invincible(As in no one can see the traces when you draw your pattern). It has prove to be very effective but i don't really have any reasons to lock my phone except when i am in school, I lock the APPs rather not the whole phone like my Whatsapp, Emails, and some games to prevent friends from killing my battery and going where they aren't suppose to. And with Pattern even trusted friends have to bring it to you to unlock it yourself unlike with PIN you can just easily tell them the numbers.

You can go through my Pictures and Videos but never my private chats. What's with some people self, the first time they hold your phone they don't even think of anything else but go straight to your whatapps messages. This is very immature.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by babafirst(m): 10:25am On Dec 21, 2015
FrancisCAF:
Pin is more secured than pattern. Though Finger print is the best only that it has a draw back. In case of any cut or tear on ur finger, your name is sorry
There is always provision for a back up pin.My phone has it.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by mosjames: 10:26am On Dec 21, 2015
Proudnigga:
they don't need to cut ur finger, just point a toy gun at u and nobody would tell u what to do undecided
So you think someone with a gun will come for a cheap phone like Phantom5?
Forget toy gun sef sad
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by justkaycee1(m): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2015
zulu14:
No lock is best.

Please who has ever seen a happy woman?
Saw one in 2012 starring Julia Roberts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by dhummystecah(f): 10:29am On Dec 21, 2015
babafirst:
Fingerprint scanner is not the most secure,my 13 year old son just told me he could still place my finger on the print pad when I am fast asleep and access the phone.
lol, smart kid niyen.

2 Likes

Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by babafirst(m): 10:30am On Dec 21, 2015
benebaby77:

There is always a back up pin/password.My phone has it.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by olagamalin(m): 10:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Y'all need Jesus .... He's more than enough security.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by dhummystecah(f): 10:31am On Dec 21, 2015
Pin is more secure but in addition to face unlock, voice unlock or fingerprint.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by justkaycee1(m): 10:31am On Dec 21, 2015
IZANAMI:
This is what I tag a lack of imagination and discernment in thinking.A typical forbisen of a myopic view.We care less about what you're using,We don't give a fvck undecided about what you're using,Ok?The OP is asking which is more secure between a pin and and pattern lock,not the one you're utilising. So I'll advise you to modulate the magnitude of your irrationality by modifying this preposterous and baseless post,making a vindication and enumerating or elucidating justifiable points to back up and validate that pointless and stewpid post of yours. undecided undecided undecided
e pain am. Chai! !!!
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by bigass123(m): 10:39am On Dec 21, 2015
I dey suspect you.. What are hiding inside the phone like that? You be 419 ni lipsrsealed
You better start talking now oh grin
Sijo01:
I use both. Pin for the screen and pattern lock for applications.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Electronzeez(m): 10:44am On Dec 21, 2015
nairalandbuzz:

Where you get it wrong is saying it is vulnerable cos it is open source. Open source is the most secured if you ask me why I will tell you.

I am willing to learn that sir
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Electronzeez(m): 10:46am On Dec 21, 2015
babafirst:
There is always provision for a back up pin.My phone has it.

Are we using the same phone .
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by nairalandbuzz(m): 10:53am On Dec 21, 2015
Electronzeez:

I am willing to learn that sir

In the hacker community, closed application are more targeted cos they charge for it and thy have many loopholes. If they have a loophole like in windows phone OS, they would report it to windows and wait till windows declare it and then fix it. It is called a zero day vulnerability.

If it were to be open source, you have the right to fix it urself and report back to the community with an already working solution for them to fix and upgrade all over. That is why Android is everywhere... HTC, Samsung, Sony, Infinix, Huawei, Tecno... most phone companies got their own version of it.

Look at Internet Explorer and Firefox for example... Nobody would dare go for IE cos of its lame excuses here and there but they started way before Firefox and look at the upgrades Firefox has got over the years... Their release logs would show you how much people from all over the world are helping in developing Firefox by providing fixes and codes... That is why it is open.

Open is the way forward. Linux that is free is declared the best OS in terms of security.

Hope I have helped a bit.

1 Like

Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by timbros(m): 10:59am On Dec 21, 2015
benebaby77:

There's a backup password that you will input when syncing your fingerprint.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by timbros(m): 11:01am On Dec 21, 2015
babafirst:

And he knows exactly the finger you use? Or do you think all your ten fingers will work?

The scanner identifies ONLY the finger you sync.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by timbros(m): 11:02am On Dec 21, 2015
Electronzeez:

That's correct but it is not readily available on most android phones .

True.

But expect more devices to come with the feature from 2016.

1 Like

Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by rumomonga(m): 11:02am On Dec 21, 2015
If u see my pattern lock, fear go hold you. Guess ko, speculate ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans / Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps / The Top 8 Budget Smartphones For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.