Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? (22062 Views)

Face ID Vs Fingerprint: Which Is More Secure? / Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives / How To Bypass/unlock Android’s Lock Screen Pattern, PIN Or Password 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Decibel: 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
vizier007:

seems you are not getting me.. it's an arrangement..
let's say you have four different pots (each of the four digits of the pin) and 10 possible objects ( each digit that u can input )..
it means the first pot can contain 10, since repetition is allowed, the second pot will contain 10 too, same for the 3rd and 4th pots...
therefore the number of possible arrangements/key combinations is still 10^4 = 10000.....

maybe it's because I used the word "combination" . the pin is a form of arrangement in the sense that you will need to arrange the numbers in a specific order.. like 1456 or 1111, etc.

I guess you should ask other people but 10,000 is a #fact confirmed by many security companies . .... you can check online for articles relating to using pin as a security measure. ..

Now I got exactly what you're saying.
Suppose the lock is 3pin code, to be arranged from 0-9 and repetition allowed, It gonna be 10^3=1000
4pincode it gonna be 10^4
5pincode is 10^5
nPincode will be 10^n.
Cheers
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2015
timbros:

LOL...

I'm married though and I got nothing to hide from wifey.

I like hearing that from married people cool

Xhaka:

grin Me sef go compose when i know say i dey flirt na
She nogo get that chance at all

Bro, lyk we used to say during undergraduate days, "sleep na bastard", so no think say ur winch go fit catch dat moment wen bae go dey put ur finger dey scan while u go don reach ur grandma village dey greet the igwe for there cheesy cheesy
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by vizier007(m): 10:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
Decibel:

Now I got exactly what you're saying.
Suppose the lock is 3pin code, to be arranged from 0-9 and repetition allowed, It gonna be 10^3=1000
4pincode it gonna be 10^4
5pincode is 10^5
nPincode will be 10^n.
Cheers
yesss boss smiley
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Elxandre(m): 11:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
Sijo01:

Come to thing of it. I really don't have anything incriminating on it o. I nor just know why I dey lock the phone sef.
Lol.
I always see people using blackberry having to type passwords with numerous characters everytime, and it leaves me wondering how they cope with the stress.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by safo99(m): 12:20am On Dec 22, 2015
Iris scanner is the best..
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Deblow: 6:53am On Dec 22, 2015
The best security is being with ur phone all the time to ward off any intruder. supposing the phone is stolen after several attempts to get it unlocked fails? Like someone rightly wrote, all the pin, pattern or what have u can easily be bypassed and the phone can even get formatted, which wipes everything off!
Or better still, get a paid watchman. This is the better still. Lolz
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Xhaka(m): 6:58am On Dec 22, 2015
sunnyeinstein:

I like hearing that from married people cool

Bro, lyk we used to say during undergraduate days, "sleep na bastard", so no think say ur winch go fit catch dat moment wen bae go dey put ur finger dey scan while u go don reach ur grandma village dey greet the igwe for there cheesy cheesy
If man dey flirt, e dey very hard to catch
But woman? you go catch her sharply angry
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 23, 2015
mosjames:

Yeah, that phone is dope
They'll only unlock your phone if they can cut your finger, impossible something cool

yeah
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by lovta(m): 9:32am On Dec 23, 2015
Sijo01:
I use both. Pin for the screen and pattern lock for applications.
is too much ooooo what information do u store in ur phone DAT you use both at the same time?
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by ogashakiru(m): 10:50am On Dec 29, 2015
I was using pattern lock on my Tecno. The more complex the better.
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by kolexepana: 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
I like the finger print type
Like that Phantom5 own, very secured
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by itunity007(m): 8:07am On Dec 30, 2015
thagift:

exactly, enjoying my phantom5.
so dat we go no say u b tecno big boy abi:/
Re: Pin Or Pattern-Lock, Which Is More Secure On Android? by itunity007(m): 8:11am On Dec 30, 2015
Electronzeez:

That's correct but it is not readily available on most android phones .
^^^
( @ @)
^_chill origin 4 u jaree

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans / Garmin Nigeria Topographical And Street Maps / The Top 8 Budget Smartphones For 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.