Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) (79990 Views)

My Take On Tecno W4 And The Gionee P5W / Gionee P5w vs Infinix Hot 2 / HOT! New Method To Get Unlimited Calls On Mtn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by KaffyK(f): 4:26am On Dec 25, 2015
dis phone is like talk of the town
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Vicar2015(m): 6:20am On Dec 25, 2015
You seem very informed, nice one
kessintona:
you can have a 3000 mah battery and still have poor battery life. for a phone to offer good battery life you need a chipset thats advanced and minimizes battery usage and a well optimized version of the android software on the phone. the gionee p5w has this which makes the 2000mah adequate

1 Like

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Mimisboygreat: 7:06am On Dec 25, 2015
KaffyK:
yes. is not like tecno battery dat quick and die always. dis one is better chinese product
yes on point
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Xhaka(m): 9:02am On Dec 25, 2015
kessintona:
oga keyboard warrior, how well is tecno recognized internationally. how many internationally aclaimed tech sites have featured tecno on them. gionee has been featured severally so please dont wet your pants sir, give respect when due
All are stories like i said earlier
Tecno are above them right now
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Xhaka(m): 9:03am On Dec 25, 2015
Phonewiz:
Tecno is a good phone no doubt, but you can't deny that it comes with a lot of bugs. Ive used tecno twice and i was always going to the repair shop. Plus the camera is a scam. I know what i'm saying, especially the phantom.
Which phantom are you talking about?
By the way, have you ever taken a picture with the camon c8?
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
Phonewiz:
I'm just tired of Tecno fans always arguing all over Nairaland whenever a thread of another android phone comes up. If you like mediocrity, fine, but don't harass us with it.
exactly!!!!! even their so called flagship is a flop. i cant even deal with the camera of the phantom5. even the lowest of other brands perform way better in low light. i got a camcon because of the advert. they made it seem like it was the best camera ever, i bought the phone and i was so dissapointed. since that day, i bacame a tecno hater
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2015
Phonewiz:
And this is what people fail to understand. HTC phones usually have lower MP than Samsung phones and can still compete with picture quality.
this a lie abeg, which htc phone wants to compete with the sasung note4/5??
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
daphid25:

Kai, camon c8 camera is super clear
if you say the camcon8 is super cleaar, then your taste for fine things should be looked into. haba!!!!! you did not even say clear, you said super clear, in which planet please. i am sure you are one of the peoplethat read the reviews and assumed it was good without actually using the phone

1 Like

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by nekkyvivian: 9:15pm On Dec 25, 2015
How good is gionee p5w? In terms of camera and battery life.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 9:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
kessintona:
you can have a 3000 mah battery and still have poor battery life. for a phone to offer good battery life you need a chipset thats advanced and minimizes battery usage and a well optimized version of the android software on the phone. the gionee p5w has this which makes the 2000mah adequate
i always say that personal battery reviews are relative. asides from a well optimized os for the phone which saves battery. people always fail to close applications. all they do is to minimize them which makes them run in the background. the good thing about android phones is that even when you close an app, onc3e you open it aghain, it continues from where you stopped. hence closing as opposed to minimizing saves battery.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:46pm On Dec 25, 2015
Dacronym:

Well I cant give accurate information on that for now, but I dont think it should be 'too terrible' like that cos a guy I met who was buying Gionee 4 d 2nd time said d P4 he used and was still usin came with 14-1850 mAH and still lasts enough 4 d day even moderate to heavy use. Gionee always gets wit there battery and device optimization Which I can personally vouch for. So i guess this P5w should not be too bad

Trust me, the guy lied. P4 won't last more than 5h on heavy usage.
But this phone ships with a more efficient chipset and OS, so idk.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by daphid25(m): 11:41pm On Dec 25, 2015
mogreen22:
if you say the camcon8 is super cleaar, then your taste for fine things should be looked into. haba!!!!! you did not even say clear, you said super clear, in which planet please. i am sure you are one of the peoplethat read the reviews and assumed it was good without actually using the phone
I've handled it and I know what I'm saying
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by tijusegele(m): 12:31am On Dec 26, 2015
I wud rather settle 4 d alcatel pop star cheaper n beta camera
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by flexcity82: 2:31am On Dec 26, 2015
i tell you man
kessintona:
abi oo. they dont know our current economy cant afford absurd prices like that
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by akp202(m): 7:16am On Dec 26, 2015
has anyone used this phone...at least they should tell us how it is
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2015
Xhaka:

All are stories like i said earlier
Tecno are above them right now
*yawns* mehn your replies wants to put me back to sleep.you never state facts just general unrelated talk. Give me one reason just one why the Tecno is better than gionee

1 Like

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by DanielsParker(m): 9:36am On Dec 26, 2015
I'm a fan of gionee but that won't stop me from saying the truth. we all know that battery strength depreciates with time. my gionee p4 battery isn't as strong as it was when I first got it but it still serves me. for me, there's nothing wrong with this p5. p4 which has only 8Gb internal memory and Just about 485*800 display and 1800mah sells for 18k, then p5w with about 720*1020 display quality, 16Gb internal memory and 2000mah battery, selling for 19k. this is a good deal.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 11:30am On Dec 26, 2015
nekkyvivian:
How good is gionee p5w? In terms of camera and battery life.

Both are average...
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by shedo4sure: 11:38am On Dec 26, 2015
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by shedo4sure: 11:39am On Dec 26, 2015
Na wa oooo, no reviews, no ss, nothing nothing... I don dy tire 4 dis dry thread self...
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 11:49am On Dec 26, 2015
I got this phone 24th bought last one, 5 sold while i was waiting
See Tecno stand very Dry

What a sleek phone it comes with 3 covers

Its very fast and responsive due to the processor same with C8
Good multitasking...far better than C8
Internet speed na fast lane
System manager makes it very interesting
Gaming is superb
Display for videos and pictures average
No arguments here C8's camera and display is better

Sound quality superb with headset and music box thanks to DTS technology.

This phone is a good entry Level..
I'm loving every bit the amigo customization is perfect..
Apart from camera and battery which is not suitable for heavy usage.

Remember its 19k think before you compare...
Go for the phone u wish to have All phone has it specifications
If you want better specs go save 60k and above get the so called flagship don't rubbish this phone abeg.. 19k is a good deal... Better than J1 ace

I bought what i want and i'm enjoying it.....
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 11:51am On Dec 26, 2015
shedo4sure:
Na wa oooo, no reviews, no ss, nothing nothing... I don dy tire 5 dis dry thread self...

The average people that bought this phone with me does not know this thread Exist
They just want to use phone...
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 12:02pm On Dec 26, 2015
This phone is just perfect out of box
All those phones having updates after weeks of purchase tell you the phone has bugs, i have not see a bug yet..
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by DanielsParker(m): 2:28pm On Dec 26, 2015
[quote author=Dam5reey post=41355200]I got this phone 24th bought last one, 5 sold while i was waiting
See Tecno stand very Dry

What a sleek phone it comes with 3 covers

Its very fast and responsive due to the processor same with C8
Good multitasking...far better than C8
Internet speed na fast lane
System manager makes it very interesting
Gaming is superb
Display for videos and pictures average
No arguments here C8's camera and display is better

Sound quality superb with headset and music box thanks to DTS technology.

This phone is a good entry Level..
I'm loving every bit the amigo customization is perfect..
Apart from camera and battery which is not suitable for heavy usage.

Remember its 19k think before you compare...
Go for the phone u wish to have All phone has it specifications
If you want better specs go save 60k and above get the so called flagship don't rubbish this phone abeg.. 19k is a good deal... Better than J1 ace

I bought what i want and i'm enjoying it.....[/quote

pls share us some pictures, I'd want to see because I want to buy this phone. ]
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by shedo4sure: 4:24pm On Dec 26, 2015
Dam5reey:

The average people that bought this phone with me does not know this thread Exist
They just want to use phone...

[b][/b] k, y nt review d phone with ss attached since u already knw of dis thread's existence...
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 5:01pm On Dec 26, 2015
shedo4sure:

[b][/b] k, y nt review d phone with ss attached since u already knw of dis thread's existence...
Alright what area do you want ss
Be specific and i will do just that for you
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dacronym(m): 7:36pm On Dec 26, 2015
but Gionee why must u liiiee ehn!. The chipset and Gpu that comes with this phone is way lower and different from what they claimed on all their promo n specsheet online.
Imagine Mali 400mp.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by 9Ace: 7:48pm On Dec 26, 2015
8 pages and not one convincing user review? The only full review I got on YouTube was not even in English. I am not sure I am ready to dole out my hard earned money, no matter the amount, on any untested piece of technology when the market is so saturated with several eye-popping models.
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Functionoftime(m): 7:49pm On Dec 26, 2015
Dacronym:
but Gionee why must u liiiee ehn!. The chipset and Gpu that comes with this phone is way lower and different from what they claimed on all their promo n specsheet online.
Imagine Mali 400mp.
Mali-400mp? Please, somebody should confirm
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by Dam5reey(m): 8:47pm On Dec 26, 2015
Dacronym:
Imagine Mali 400mp.
Go for phone with snapdragon 820 abeg
Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by mogreen22: 9:11pm On Dec 26, 2015
Dam5reey:
This phone is just perfect out of box
All those phones having updates after weeks of purchase tell you the phone has bugs, i have not see a bug yet..
give us a review of the phone, so others can be convinced

1 Like

Re: Gionee P5w, Hot New Device (HOT) by shedo4sure: 6:27am On Dec 27, 2015
Dam5reey:

Alright what area do you want ss
Be specific and i will do just that for you
cpu x ss of d phone's true specs, ba3 ss(time on screen), memory partition, running apps, camera performance(back and front), dat's all.. Thanks in anticipation..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply)

LG G7 ThinQ Officially Launched: Price, Specifications, News And More / When You Use French Flag As Facebook Profile Pic (photo) / Etisalat - Nigeria's 5th GSM Operator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.