Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? (593 Views)

Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? / What Is The Ideal Age Gap If Age Really Matter In Relationships? / Does Height Really Matter In A Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Eddodoh(m): 8:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
I met Firdaos, a muslim girl from Ibira, Kogi state in Kaduna in 2008 where I was based b4 moving to Ibadan.
We dated for more than a year & we're like Romeo & Juliet then. My former boss, colleagues & neighbours knew her. Her mum was also aware of d r/ship.

She is lovely & well-mannered, and d fact z dat I still have feelings for her. Although, we went our separate ways in 2009 when I relocated from my former location in Kaduna to another area within same State but we weren't in contact.

In 2013, she made effort for us to come back while I was in another state but I was battling wit unemployment at the moment so I told her dat I had sum1 which was blatant lie.

I am based in Ibadan now, and recently we got talking. She still want me back & she said dat she is willing to forgo her present religion to marry me. More so, she had reinstate dis while we were together in Kaduna.

I am aware dat marriage is a lifetime institution dats why I seek advice. I am considering d long-term implication because I know anything dat will make us to come back, I would not be able to leave her again.

Pls, advice.....
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
Yea it really matters cause there is no way you both can cope with going to different religions one has to give up his/her religion for the other, also know that religion has its own believe which might sometimes spike up disagreement between the two of you ....ok if you eventually marry her any little thing she will remind you that she gave up her religion just cuz of you..

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by jmaxjohn(m): 8:51pm On Dec 21, 2015
It matters from my standpoint. After all God told d israelites to marry fellow israelites only, for a gud reason.
A religiously divided home to me is pretty much a divided home coz u two don't share d same view on all matters. In marriage, u r supposed to compliment each other, u r to sync tgeda, in everything.
My thoughts!

2 Likes

Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by utenwuson: 9:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
religion is d only problem we av got in ds country! byt my family don't care too much! my dad a muslim, mum a christian, me a muslim, my sis a christian! so to me it matters not! I can marry any1! d most important is luv n understanding! religion is over rated!
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Aseco(m): 9:32pm On Dec 21, 2015
Religion matters in the long run because of d children, which religion wil u allow them to do, or which name wil they bear in school or at home...
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2015
Yes it matters, it goes a long way in raising the kids.
If she is ready to give up her religion for u, wholeheartedly without using it against you in future, no problem.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
nope it does not, what matters is the Love and understanding.
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Ayt27(m): 9:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
Yes it is very, right after genotype test

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
Capital Yes..

1 Like

Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by ivyT(f): 10:06pm On Dec 21, 2015
Yes it matters aLOT..it might not be an issue now but later there will be effects,especiallx if the couple were advised not to get married..

Na naija we dey so
Re: Does Religion Really Matter In Marriage? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
Yes it does. I can't ever change my religion for someone.

(1) (Reply)

2016: Man In Search Of Wife / Archbishop Attends Daughter’s Wedding To Her Lesbian Partner (photos) / When You Think You Know It All On Nairaland But Find Out This....confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.