Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:10 AM

2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly (26521 Views)

Fayose Wears Military Attire For Budget Presentation At Ekiti House Of Assembly / Delta Assembly Adopts Resolutions Of South-south, South-east Joint Session / Essien Ayi Sleeps During 2016 Budget Presentation - See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Nobody: 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Goke7:

just like the way dasuki and co diversified and developed all our regions abi? grin bad belle is not good for your health
I have fought for true federalism since I ever knew anything about this country ...so dasuki this and that won't stop the truth from being told...We rather should join hands to see it fulfilled...Some elements in this country would never want to see federalism practised...

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
EternalTruths:

Now answer the following questions to understand better if you know that Nigeria is not practicing True Federalism

Q1) What percentage of derivation or profit do Kebbi state get from the arrangement.?

Q2) Is the arrangement similar to that obtained in the oil/gas producing states.? If yes, explain. If No, what and why the difference.

Q3) If Kebbi state gets 13% derivation, is 13% derivation sufficient enough to encourage non oil producing states to exploit their natural resources.

These are few questions to start with

Let's discuss without insult and with facts on ground. cool
it is obvious the bobo will run away with his tail in between his legs..

Federalism already in effect my asssss. ....
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by guru01(m): 2:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
Wait! wait!!
Please can someone tell me where will the budget money come from since all i hear is that "the country is broke".
If i am broke for instance, i don't do budget except i got cash someone.
To my understanding anyone making a budget has money somewhere.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by MsGlobalwonder(f): 2:23pm On Dec 22, 2015
Rawani:

What happened to your orgasm?
grin nothing. But urs depends solely on GEJ grin grin
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Dannyset(m): 2:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ebayray:

Lolz, yeah...
Seems dyll increase the electricity tariff by 2016.
It has been increased already!
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by olyton: 2:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
guru01:
Wait! wait!!
Please can someone tell me where will the budget money come from since all i hear is that "the country is broke".
If i am broke for instance, i don't do budget except i got cash someone.
To my understanding anyone making a budget has money somewhere.

junior get inside.

2 Likes

Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Dannyset(m): 2:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
sandraokosun1:
u shld have gotten prepaid meter, nt the old one, my joy is that the 750 fixed charge is off, just pay for what reads and consumes
The prepaid is always there!
Hope you remembered when we used to make calls N50/Min? That's exactly how it's going to be. Your card disappears like you haven't used anything out of it.
They will always find a way of covering for that N750.
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by OMOTADEBAYO: 2:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
awomike4u:
Fighting corruption with corruption... two wrongs can never make a right.We're watching!! God bless Nigeria
God bless our nation.
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
Dannyset:
It has been increased already!
shocked..
Whoa, and I tot twas nxt year deyll increase it..
Well, it's all good as long as deres light. cool
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Rawani: 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:
grin nothing. But urs depends solely on GEJ grin grin

Eeew...that's so wrong on so many levels.
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by hopilo: 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
lawydewy:

Nigerians like to criticize.......
is it only crude oil that generate revenue for Nigeria? when the past government let us to believe in only crude oil.
what do you kwon about economy diversity?
solid mineral
import/export duties
tax
tourism
agriculture products
Petro chemistry products if our refineries are working
standard education (foreign students payment
etc
please read and[b] thing[/b] b4 commenting
I have read your English.
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by MsGlobalwonder(f): 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2015
Rawani:

Eeew...that's so wrong on so many levels.
grin .Good to know u know...
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by hopilo: 3:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
mbhs139:

Though, my economics may be rusty, but I'm pretty sure this country don't only our revenue from oil. My excess budget of N6000 will come from extra coaching of students after school hour and at weekends, I ain't that dumb and lazy.
You see how we fail as individual and a nation? you mean you will eat your tomorrow today. I still believe in saving for the raining day. I will rather survive within 26,000 naira and save 6,000 naira. it is a good plan or what do you think?
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Rawani: 3:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:
grin .Good to know u know...

One can't avoid being reminded oh how much of a failure Jona was.
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by MsGlobalwonder(f): 3:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
Rawani:

One can't avoid being reminded oh how much of a failure Jona was.
failure is relative bro. Compared to what is on ground now and the prospect of the future, trust me GEJ is a martyr. Pls quote me if 4yrs. grin
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Dannyset(m): 4:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ebayray:

shocked..
Whoa, and I tot twas nxt year deyll increase it..
Well, it's all good as long as deres light. cool
Yea! it will take effect from next year.
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Dannyset:
Yea! it will take effect from next year.

Alright, thanks for the info...
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by duwdu: 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
hopilo:
Planning the budget with estimated oil price of $38 per barrel for 2016 when the oil price as at today is $32 per barrel with a high propensity to drop further down is Budgeting in deficit and no nation in the world does that.
It is like you earning 32,000 naira salary and the list you made for family expense is at 38,000 naira.

So, instead of just throwing criticisms and tantrums out there, what benchmark price would you have suggested be used? And what would be your criteria, and when?

Or, to put it another way, which soothsayer's prediction of oil price during 2016 would you rather have followed to base the budget on?

And who told you many governments around the world do not do deficit budgeting?

Just for the records, I agree with the government's thinking and criteria behind the budget, so I don't have to re-invent the wheel. But please tell us your own.

[By the way, the benchmark price of Nigeria's Bonny Light crude yesterday dipped further to just above $31/bbl, although it somewhat recovered afterwards. Just so you know people like you have no legs to stand on.]

P34c3
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2015
I think we need to understand something about exports. Except for the type of " put it in my suitcase and deliver to auntie Bola" type of export, export involves stringent rules which are the preserve of Federal authorities, I am thinking NEPC, SON as well country to country export guarantees and bilateral agreements such as the US favoured nation status. Most of these agreements require Federal oversight and having the Federal Government as a party is a distinct plus. To answer your question ( PS some of my answers appear in your questions. Apologies for this)

1. There is no formula for export of non oil products; the FGN can have as much as 50% or as low as 1% or even nothing. I have explain above some of the advantages of having the FGN as a party. There are currently remarkable opportunities in mining please see Fayemi's speech here http://ynaija.com/hold-us-to-account-fayemi-unveils-the-8-key-drivers-of-success-for-solid-mineral-ministry/
EternalTruths:

2. The reason that there is no cap if percentages accruing to states in non oil contracts is precisely because these are contracts between two parties and the main function, indeed only function of the FGN is as regulator.

3. Is 13% sufficient? I believe my answers to your question 1 and 2 make this a moot point.

Finally be sure I would never insult anyone on this board. It's not my style. Your questions were clear and factual and I thank you for this. Regards.

Now answer the following questions to understand better if you know that Nigeria is not practicing True Federalism

Q1) What percentage of derivation or profit do Kebbi state get from the arrangement.?

Q2) Is the arrangement similar to that obtained in the oil/gas producing states.? If yes, explain. If No, what and why the difference.

Q3) If Kebbi state gets 13% derivation, is 13% derivation sufficient enough to encourage non oil producing states to exploit their natural resources.

These are few questions to start with

Let's discuss without insult and with facts on ground. cool
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by mbhs139(m): 5:55pm On Dec 22, 2015
hopilo:

You see how we fail as individual and a nation? you mean you will eat your tomorrow today. I still believe in saving for the raining day. I will rather survive within 26,000 naira and save 6,000 naira. it is a good plan or what do you think?

...and you think I need an economist to teach me how to save for rainy day? God bless the soul of my grand ma, she bought me piggy bank since I was age 5. Does that answer your question? I only responded appropriately to what you commented.
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by mbhs139(m): 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
greenpasture:
I think we need to understand something about exports. Except for the type of " put it in my suitcase and deliver to auntie Bola" type of export, export involves stringent rules which are the preserve of Federal authorities, I am thinking NEPC, SON as well country to country export guarantees and bilateral agreements such as the US favoured nation status. Most of these agreements require Federal oversight and having the Federal Government as a party is a distinct plus. To answer your question ( PS some of my answers appear in your questions. Apologies for this)

1. There is no formula for export of non oil products; the FGN can have as much as 50% or as low as 1% or even nothing. I have explain above some of the advantages of having the FGN as a party. There are currently remarkable opportunities in mining please see Fayemi's speech here http://ynaija.com/hold-us-to-account-fayemi-unveils-the-8-key-drivers-of-success-for-solid-mineral-ministry/

Do you mean Kebbi State gets derivation, what do they bring to the table?
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by EternalTruths: 6:03pm On Dec 22, 2015
greenpasture:

Thank you for responding politely

But let me correct you on one fact concerning True Federalism especially the fiscal aspect.

In Fiscal federalism, a percentage is fixed and the percentage backed by the constitution.

Therefore according to what you stated above which I highlighted, Nigeria is not practicing fiscal federalism because there is no fixed percentage and law backing that percentage.

What are the implications of the method currently operated in Nigeria.?

1) A state can be deposed of the wealth gotten out of her resources using the land act decree of 1979 which states that all land and resources belongs to the FG

Let's use a simple scenario.

Imagine silver is discovered in Ebonyi state. The federal government might decide to give Ebonyi state 1% derivative using the land act decree of 1979 to justify its decision once FG finds the business highly profitable.

So my dear friend

We want Buhari to pass a bill to the National Assembly to create a law that will fix 25% derivative on any resources exploited in any State

Also it should include non mineral wealth so that states like Lagos can benefit from non mineral wealth.

Thank you as I await your honourable response cool
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by duwdu: 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
MsGlobalwonder:
failure is relative bro. Compared to what is on ground now and the prospect of the future, trust me GEJ is a martyr. Pls quote me if 4yrs. grin

As for me and my household, we don't have to wait for four years. We hereby quote you, right away, and posit that, our experience this far living under the current Buhari regime is more than ten times better already than our collective experience over Jonathan's six years or so of miserable rule. And we say that with all sense of sincerity and responsibility.

Therefore, the devil in your statement is a big, fat liar, at least in our book.

My sister, Jonathan was vermin, and we sincerely hope Karma catches up with him. Hopefully The Almighty God has mercy on whatever is left of him (Jonathan) thereafter.

P34c3
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by MsGlobalwonder(f): 7:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
duwdu:

As for me and my household, we don't have to wait for four years. We hereby quote you, right away, and posit that, our experience this far living under the current Buhari regime is more than ten times better already than our collective experience over Jonathan's six years or so of miserable rule. And we say that with all sense of sincerity and responsibility.

Therefore, the devil in your statement is a big, fat liar, at least in our book.

My sister, Jonathan was vermin, and we sincerely hope Karma catches up with him. Hopefully The Almighty God has mercy on whatever is left of him (Jonathan) thereafter.

P34c3
lmaoooo... preach bro! Now u've gone spiritual about it! Lmao!! I have more faith bro, but my Bible tells me that faith without work is death. Let's watch and see bro. God will keep us all. cheesy grin
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by bashydemy(m): 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
I swear Dogara is in for trouble, He did not acknowledge the V.P in his greetings.. His doom await him soon.
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Omoadugbo(m): 8:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Become an Heritage Bank Agency Banking Agent in Nigeria

SET-UP a Bank POINT in your Community,Town or Village Anywhere in Nigeria.

Make Good INCOME for Serving all BANKS Customer in Nigeria,
Make up to N100,000.00 Per Month Running Bank Agent Business.

You Can Also EMPOWER somebody in your TOWN,COMMUNITY or VILLAGE to Help your Community in having a Bank Point for Better Commercial Development.

Project Set-UP Fee :N25,000.00
N5,000.00 Activation Fee
N20,000.00 Minimum Business Capital for the agent.

The Bank will Set Up the Agent with
1.ANDROID PHONE
2.Mobile POS
3.BRANDING Materials
4.Transaction Register
5.Transaction Receipt
6. Flyers

Service Type
1.Open Heritage Bank Account
2.Deposit to Heritage Bank Account from anywhere in Nigeria
3.Deposit to All Bank Account in Nigeria
4.Withdraw Cash from Heritage Bank Account in Nigeria
5.Withdraw Cash from Any Bank Account in Nigeria.

To Join SEND an email to nairami.serve@gmail.com with your FULLNAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER.

or CALL 0816 85 68 315

Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by hopilo: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2015
duwdu:

So, instead of just throwing criticisms and tantrums out there, what benchmark price would you have suggested be used? And what would be your criteria, and when?

Or, to put it another way, which soothsayer's prediction of oil price during 2016 would you rather have followed to base the budget on?

And who told you many governments around the world do not do deficit budgeting?

Just for the records, I agree with the government's thinking and criteria behind the budget, so I don't have to re-invent the wheel. But please tell us your own.

[By the way, the benchmark price of Nigeria's Bonny Light crude yesterday dipped further to just above $31/bbl, although it somewhat recovered afterwards. Just so you know people like you have no legs to stand on.]

P34c3
I just open a thread to respond to your request. click and read https://www.nairaland.com/2818044/reasons-why-2016-budget-38#41251451
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Bayswater: 9:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ebayray:

Lol....

So dat I'll be saying fifty naira as pipty naira, abi.

:O

grin.

cheesy

Kwuorrect....you go pinish engleesh
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
Bayswater:

Kwuorrect....you go pinish engleesh

Lolz, no ooo.. I cannot fitin to speak dat kinda language ooo.
grin
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by EternalTruths: 10:04am On Dec 23, 2015
greenpasture am yet to see your response to my response
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by EternalTruths: 3:24am On Dec 24, 2015
IzonOwei:
it is obvious the bobo will run away with his tail in between his legs..

Federalism already in effect my asssss. ....

The bobo is yet to respond till now

@ greenpasture

I am yet to get a response from you oooo cool
Re: 2016 Budget Presentation By Buhari At Joint Session 8th Assembly by MCMLXXVI(m): 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
Rawani:
A beautifully detailed presentation.

In the past, it was Ngozi that would have been sent by the incompetent Jonathan.

Do you now see how foolish you are?

Oya now, the COMPETENT Buhari has still gone there and disgraced himself.
Presented a budget he supposedly had NO CLUE about, then secretly stole the budget, 'corrected' it, resent it, and then came out to claim that an invisible "budget mafia" padded his budget.

This is the supreme dullard people hope will fight corruption. grin
Na like this? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

This iidddiot and his army of dunces just played a fast one on their gullible followers.

Call Jonathan whatever you like, his administration was NEVER this clueless, stuppid, m0ronic and totally helpless. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bishop Arrested In Warri For Sponsoring Avengers / "I Didn't Fight With Adeosun On A Plane" - Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Fake Video / Charly Boy #OurMumuDonDo Suspends "Buhari Resume Or Resign" Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.