Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing (27632 Views)

National Assembly Earmarks N6.4bn For Cars / Power Failure: Fashola Gets 30-day Ultimatum To Revive Power Sector Or Resign / PDP Chieftain Criticizes Buhari Over Allocation Of N39.4bn For Oil Exploration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by comos: 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
geesilver:
Fashola we believe you are capable base on your track record in lagos state. All we want is result, we don't care what it takes to get the job done. Ensure that @ the end of this administration we can be guarantee ( least 12-16 hours regular supply of electricity in a day otherwise all your past achievement would be seen as a scam.

what track record?

with the mess he left Lagos in.
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by omonnakoda: 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Yemmyoo7:
He should spend the money judiciously.
less than $2 billion for a country of 150 million.
For Power,Housing and Works. Hmm
He really needs to turn water into wine.
I do not think Nigerians know how bad things are really.

To put things in perspective the Capital expenditure for Harvard University last year was $465 million, to those who say we dont spend $ in Nigeria I say cement is more expensive in Nigeria. Nigeria needs miracles

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by foody(f): 4:32pm On Dec 22, 2015
Please Naira landers who can please give me BRF the minister of power, works and housing phone number. or email address. Thanks and waiting for response.
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by just2endowed: 4:33pm On Dec 22, 2015
this budget for fashola ministriies is completely underfunded undecided

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by jayloms: 4:34pm On Dec 22, 2015
seunmsg:
Good way to start but we can do better than this in subsequent years. Nigeria needs massive infrastructural development to make any meaningful progress. In the nearest future, we should commit over two trillion naira to power, works and housing.

Exactly!! That amount alone cannot complete half of the total awarded projects under works. However, it's a good start and I hope it will be appropriated 100%. I love the boldness I see in this admin.
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by comos: 4:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
just2endowed:
this budget for fashola ministriies is completely underfunded undecided

excuse for failures.
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
texazzpete:

Out of the 6 trillion naira budget, less than 1 trillion comes from crude oil sales revenue.

It's more OUR tax money than 'Niger Delta money', slowpoke.
that was a lie fabricated to deceive your kind...ask the fg to fully go into resource control then you would know the truth...

Oil accounts for 70 percent of the proposed budget... angry

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by anonimi: 4:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
Koleman:
No we can start holding buhari responsible if he fails. but he won't. I have never made a wrong decision in my life

There is always a first time, not so tongue
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by ibisko04: 4:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
geesilver:
Fashola we believe you are capable base on your track record in lagos state. All we want is result, we don't care what it takes to get the job done. Ensure that @ the end of this administration we can be guarantee ( least 12-16 hours regular supply of electricity in a day otherwise all your past achievement would be seen as a scam.
Don't worry about Fashola, he will definitely deliver.
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by anonimi: 4:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
Holyman3:
Remove 78 million for websites for each of the three ministries and let's know the balance first.

Chai why are you giving our fine boy no pimples minister a wicked blow like this na
Maybe as minister he will also not be signing cheques. grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2973003_2972908img8889033575920jpegjpeg9806bd2153518397a591fad28c8bce09_jpeg2e10389c92476096a700ac3ee30d28e1
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by anonimi: 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by dckng16(m): 4:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
I believe in Fashola. He surely deliver
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by mikeapollo: 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
centvin008:

The Federal Government on Tuesday in Abuja earmarked N433.4 billion in the 2016 budget for its services in the Ministry of Power, Works and Housing led by Babatunde Fashola.
President Muhammadu Buhari stated this on Tuesday in his 2016 budget speech delivered at the Joint session of the National Assembly.
He said it was the intention of government to raise the percentage allocation for capital expenditure in future.
“To deliver our development objectives, we have increased the capital expenditure portion of the budget from N557 billion in the 2015 budget to N1.8 trillion in the 2016 budget.
“For the first time in many years, capital expenditure will represent 30 per cent of our total budget.
“In future years, we intend to raise the percentage allocation for capital expenditure,” he said.
Buhari said that the measure became necessary in fulfillment of the government’s promise to align expenditure to long-term objectives and government’s commitment to sustainable development.
According to him, this increased in capital expenditure commits significant resources to critical sectors such as Works, Power and Housing to the tune of N433.4 billion.
In a breakdown, Transport would gulp N202.0 billion; Special Intervention Programmes – N200.0 billion; Defence – N134.6 billion; and Interior – N53.1 billion.
The President said these investments in infrastructure and security were meant to support the nation’s reforms in the Agriculture, Solid Minerals and other core job-creating sectors of the nation’s economy.
“We will invest to safeguard lives and property. We will invest in equipping our farmers with the right tools, technology and techniques.
“We will invest in empowering and enabling our miners to operate in a safe, secure and humane environment.
“We will invest in training our youths, through the revival of our technical and vocational institutions to ensure they are competent enough to seize the opportunities that will arise from this economic revival,” Buhari said.
NAN reports that the President presented a budget of N6.08 trillion for 2016 with a revenue projection of N3.86 trillion, resulting in a deficit of N2.22 trillion

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/12/22/fashola-gets-n433-4bn-for-power-works-and-housing/
Lalasticlala‎

Big opportunity for inflated contracts!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by wink2015(m): 4:48pm On Dec 22, 2015
[size=18pt]Uncle Babs do not go and build personal website with N433.4bn, Nigerians and the international community now have their eyes on you.[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by homebase(m): 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
So you want Fashola to turn the whole of Lagos State to Dubai
in 8 years?

Besides do you know the picture of Lagos State before Fashola administration?

I am 100% sure you don't or may be you do but the cancer of hatred has eaten up
your anus.

anonimi:

The way he delivered on Lagos schools with the World Bank loan he chopped, innit

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2824600_wb1_jpeg87b669f1e2a26f4d838f16f8bb0cc5f5

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by anonimi: 4:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
dckng16:
I believe in Fashola. He surely deliver

Yes na- the way he delivered on light rail after chopping $1 billion World Bank loan, nor be so
Or have you seen any light rail moving passengers in Lagos ni?
Bros, shine your eyes well well oh. Don't allow propaganda and photocracy to DECEIVE you oh!

AUGUST 10, 2011

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars. shocked

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

More from: https://nowtoronto.com/news/next-stop-nigeria/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986954_227085_217133764973083_1665116_n_jpg748f7881e9a4a7029d746ce618b9e883

www.nairaland.com/attachments/986970_226204_217133461639780_436735_n_jpg881704f0a82d9e191193a6cb576f8d24

* In January 2013, i.e. some two years after the Toronto visit, our "excellent" former governor said the trains will be ready by June, i.e. five months after the unsolicited statement, based on his inspection & assessment of work done so far at the time =>

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

* Last year, our fine-boy-no-pimples former Misita Gomina confessed he had already spent a whopping sum of N160 billion on the light rail that was supposed to be in use since June 2013. Depending on the exchange rate he used that could be $1 billion to $1.2 billion spent shocked

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

As of today, we nor see train, even sef all the billion, billion $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ don disappear enter Toronto. We prayer be sey make dem nor turn around small time sey na bad business like the N8 billion Sunborn floating hotel angry angry

In fact the new governor, Ambode now dey tell us sey na to restructure the financing and delivery will be in 18 months time. Laakulilai, we don suffer finish in the hands of these SCAM masters and smooth operators => embarassed

Why I reached out to Igbo voters –Ambode, Lagos APC governorship candidate
APRIL 4, 2015
When is the light rail going to be delivered, the project seems to be going on for years?

I just said it, it’s being funded by Lagos State and the Federal Government support is not there. But I believe strongly that we will create a financial restructuring that will allow us to deliver that light rail within the next 18 months.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/why-i-reached-out-to-igbo-voters-ambode-lagos-apc-governorship-candidate/

Una wey sabi financial management small go know sey the man just dey tell us sey money don finish dem must BORROW plenty $$$$$$$$$$$ loan again to have any hope whatsoever of using the trains in 18 months lohun lohun far away longest time!
Can anyone reconcile the fact that the federal government approved LASG's World Bank loan for this project yet the new governor dey spin us long tales of no federal support. He must think we are all baby pikins wey mama fit tell FAKE tory angry
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by anonimi: 4:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
homebase:
So you want Fashola to turn the whole of Lagos State to Dubai
in 8 years?

Besides do you know the picture of Lagos State before Fashola administration?

I am 100% sure you don't or may be you do but[b] the cancer of hatred has eaten up
your anus.[/b]

Back to Sender, BtS tongue

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3213437_img20150710091503_jpeg20c56cecbb364738309183e80ebcf081
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by Angeltoyo(f): 4:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
obaiIaIa:
Niger Delta money...chai
ode!
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Just sitting here wondering how much Jagaban cut go be for this money wey no reach wetin dey ground because am sure right now jagaban have his glasses on his nose while holding his calculator with his left hand and punching numbers with his right hand....Fashola must receive call from him today.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 22, 2015
Fashola should not inflate contract price as he did in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by omonnakoda: 5:06pm On Dec 22, 2015
IzonOwei:
that was a lie fabricated to deceive your kind...ask the fg to fully go into resource control then you would know the truth...

Oil accounts for 70 percent of the proposed budget... angry

Based on 2million barrels a day @ $38 X365 X($1: 300 naira)

Then oil revenue for the entire nation = $27,74 billion.

Now it would be nice IF we got all that $28 billion but life is never that simple. Oil is a business and it costs a lot of money to bring it out of the ground ,to find it in the First place and then to pay salaries and all those other benefits and pensions oil worker get so how much of that $28 billion is Profit? and how much of that Profit goes to the oil companies? Nigeria will be very lucky to see $20 billion of that money which I very much doubt. Of that $20 billion the FG will get 52% and has CASH CALL obligations to the oil business which they consistently fail to meet .Those who know the industry know what I am talking about.

So we are talking about Nigeria a $500 billion economy and we can see the contribution of oil to that, FACTS AND FIGURES do not lie we need to fully put the contribution of oil into perspective

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 22, 2015
Love Machine:
With the way he inflated the construction of one borehole for a whopping #130m and designed his personal website for #78m,i don't trust brf with public funds.The devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.And buhari still see him as saint.
Oya kill your-self.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by Handsome4real(m): 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Yemmyoo7:
Hi handsome
How are you doing? I wanna get to know you. Inbox me your number. wink
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by anonimi: 5:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Omotolu:
Fashola should not inflate contract price as he did in Lagos.

Abi oh.
When a Jagbajantis is the godfather of a Jaguda, such CORRUPTION will happen as a constant, k!
Who will save us from these rogues?
Who but ourselves

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2776311_borehole_jpeg6982552b3aa8ea67bec1da4c0172b398

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2776329_lagosprojects2_jpega666e650b9fc5a14f04fa6a8ba0d8a3d
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by feedthenation(m): 5:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
Hopefully Fashola won't be the next Dasuki with the huge budget he will be controlling...we are seriously watching him...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by MrBONE2(m): 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
ayusco85:
What bout the one Dasuki returned.
It shall be used as Father Christmas Gifts to Lootocrats and other polithiefcians.grin grin Gyarbonka

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by barrysome001: 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2015
afolag:
Fashola the
#theroundpeg
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by ebony2011(m): 5:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
it wont be enough for us cinsidering the amount it cost to drill one borehole.
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
anonimi:

Abi oh.
When a Jagbajantis is the godfather of a Jaguda, such CORRUPTION will happen as a constant, k!
Who will save us from these rogues?
Who but ourselves

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2776311_borehole_jpeg6982552b3aa8ea67bec1da4c0172b398

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2776329_lagosprojects2_jpega666e650b9fc5a14f04fa6a8ba0d8a3d
...I wish Nigeria well. With Fashola,the more one look the less one see...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by amusadele: 5:14pm On Dec 22, 2015
Thieffnubu is is dancing since Fashola one of the known thief is entrusted with that huge amount of money. Thieves
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by arsenal33: 5:16pm On Dec 22, 2015
omohayek:
This is still only $1.5 billion we're talking about, to provide infrastructure for 170 million Nigerians. Without foreign investment it won't be nearly enough to do more than patch up the most pressing problems, and for that to happen Nigeria needs to make it easier for foreigners to start businesses, obtain permits and move money in/out of the country - all matters which are out of Fashola's control.
I wonder what the figure was last year.
And how much was spent?
Re: Fashola Gets N433.4bn For Power, Works And Housing by cizy: 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
Yemmyoo7:
Hi handsome

So to your short mind, you beautiful eh? grin cheesy undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Dissolves Presidential Campaign Council. / "House Stands By Tambuwal On Defection!" - Victor Ogene (APC) / IPOB Sit-at-home: Total Failure In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.