Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,091 members, 7,849,412 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:57 PM

How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? (6484 Views)

Express Your Feelings. / I Am Not Happy With My Sexual Feelings. / How To Reveal Your Feelings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by touchmeder: 2:00pm On Jun 10, 2009
lol grin cheesy
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by oyelax45(m): 2:01pm On Jun 10, 2009
hi
l love ur post thank

www.hippopcity.com
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by AEjiro(m): 2:10pm On Jun 10, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

yes it depends on the person. if i meet someone then the feeling i have for her and how she handles herself in my presence will either make me show my feelings or wait until the right moment to let go.
there is a right time and moment to show your loving feelings to someone, even if you automatically feel attraction for them, you have to be careful about who you showing it to. some women cant handle quick show of affection and can be scared of it(or perceive it the wrong way) while others will abuse that show of affection.
of course, i wont be cold as ice and then one day change to lovey dovey, its a gradual state and if along the way, there is some "problems" then i back down.
so it all depends on the right moment, the right mood, the right relationship and the right person.
if i fall in love with a person that i dont feel will ever be more than a bedroom buddy, then i will not let her know about my affection for her because i wouldnt want to mislead her. i wouldnt be cold as ice but i would never be lovey dovey either and the moment she try to step up the relationship, i would bring it down.
its all about how comfortable you are with someone.

I tink d postt is refering to an existing r/ship
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by AEjiro(m): 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2009
origina9ja:

hummm
i'll try it tongue
just hope i don't over do it cheesy wink

Jus have @ d back of ur mind dat u re doin d tins u wish to do, if he fails to appreciate it and does smth stupid, well his loss atleast u wont be d one sayin i wud ve, shud ve, cud ve! u get the jive?
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by origina9ja(f): 2:15pm On Jun 10, 2009
yeah yeah cheesy
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nezan(m): 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2009
Its better to start on a cold note, move to the warm level as the relationship progresses and go all out hot as you get to understand your partner.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 10, 2009
AEjiro:

I tink d postt is refering to an existing r/ship

the first 2 lines were about new relationships, the next 7lines were about existing relationships.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by AEjiro(m): 2:58pm On Jun 10, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

the first 2 lines were about new relationships, the next 7lines were about existing relationships.

ok tanx.

then i suscribe to Nezan post
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by MissEZ(f): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2009
Hi Poster

I am definitely the hot type. i always let him know that i love him and i am glad we are together. As for him taking advantage, well if he does, that means he isnt a good person and ur better off without him anyways. I was once the cold type, neva showing how i really felt and that cost me the love of someone i really wanted to be with at the time.

My dear love is a good thing. just take you time when trying to date someone, look for good qualities besides good looks and money. we can only receive as much as we give. I have been with my man for almost 2years now, and we have been dating long distance for 10 months (US/Naija) yet he is still with me and we are going strong.

Just be open abt ur feelings and make sure ur partner is someone ur comfortable with.You want them to love you for who you are and not who you seem to be and hopefully it will all work out

good luck
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by AEjiro(m): 3:42pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ post

As much as some ppl will try to form guys heart are not rock they want to be loved and would definately appreciate it, if you tell them you do care. Sometime it bring out more of them. If 1 do something good that he expected to do and get appreciate it produces d encouragement to do more.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Emperoh(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2009
Do you know what this looks like?
I am very hungry. . . . .as in VERY hungry, i get to a friends place or probably a neighbour.
Or someone you are well acquainted with. He is eating or has some food. . . .  . and he asks, 'Pls come and join me'
And i am like, No am very ok' undecided sad so that you won't be called 'usa' in my mother tongue or long throat in general parlance.
Meanwhile, deep down inside, hunger the tear me apart!!
And at the end of the meal I am like argh!!! how i wish!!

Wish for what? I just ended up punishing myself. My being hungry and refusing to eat is one punishment
Watching food i have access to being eaten is even a worse punishment!! So tell me why subject yourself to this?

This is what a relationship is like. . . . . . he/she is there for the taking
But for the fear of what you are not even SURE of, you hide your personality.
deny yourself pleasure and the sensation being cared for brings. . . . . do you what it will result to?

If (s)he doesn't discover what it is you are doing, you will be a sore loser.
Cos at the end of the day, he gets bored of ya cold approach to the affair and looks for someone else
For the fear of losing her/him, you went cold, but you finally lost her/him. Losing both ways.

So why not free yourself, enjoy the gift you didn't sacrifice anything to get, be yourself and enjoy the fascination of being able to attract the opposite sex. Its fun and good to know you are desired, that you are wanted and that someone outside those whose primary responsiblity it is to care for you, loves and desires you.

One question for you; How long do you intend to remain in that cold cocoon! Assuming you don't get the proof you are looking for?
Life is a risk. Leaving your house to work is a risk. So is everything we do to survive.
So don't let the unascertained inhibitions rob you of what you desire.

Go out there and be HOT!! Not WARM!!!
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by rasputinn(m): 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2009
undecided
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by kokoye(m): 4:14pm On Jun 10, 2009
Top reasons for being cold (although you would not admit it - also part of the problem):

Insecurity

Fear of rejection

Very low self-esteem

Pride

Lack of trust

At times, these are a result of life experiences - growing up with a single parent; parents being taken for granted, etc.

But there is NO LOVE when any of the reasons above are present. A relationship can never been enjoyed when any of the reasons are present. It gets as bad as you not being able to apologise when you are wrong.

Call me whipped but I am HOT and married to a HOT damsel.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by iice(f): 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2009
What else if not cold? cool grin

Though some keep saying i'm very warm! angry tongue
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by alex406(m): 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
@ Kokoye
You are not incorrect,you really had what was on my mind.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
Surprisingly, I'm very very warm, could be extremely hot but only in private.  tongue tongue
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by AEjiro(m): 4:36pm On Jun 10, 2009
Emperoh:

Do you know what this looks like?
I am very hungry. . . . .as in VERY hungry, i get to a friends place or probably a neighbour.
Or someone you are well acquainted with. He is eating or has some food. . . .  . and he asks, 'Pls come and join me'
And i am like, No am very ok' undecided sad so that you won't be called 'usa' in my mother tongue or long throat in general parlance.
Meanwhile, deep down inside, hunger the tear me apart!!
And at the end of the meal I am like argh!!! how i wish!!

Wish for what? I just ended up punishing myself. My being hungry and refusing to eat is one punishment
Watching food i have access to being eaten is even a worse punishment!! So tell me why subject yourself to this?

This is what a relationship is like. . . . . . he/she is there for the taking
But for the fear of what you are not even SURE of, you hide your personality.
deny yourself pleasure and the sensation being cared for brings. . . . . do you what it will result to?

If (s)he doesn't discover what it is you are doing, you will be a sore loser.
Cos at the end of the day, he gets bored of ya cold approach to the affair and looks for someone else
For the fear of losing her/him, you went cold, but you finally lost her/him. Losing both ways.

So why not free yourself, enjoy the gift you didn't sacrifice anything to get, be yourself and enjoy the fascination of being able to attract the opposite sex. Its fun and good to know you are desired, that you are wanted and that someone outside those whose primary responsiblity it is to care for you, loves and desires you.

One question for you; How long do you intend to remain in that cold cocoon! Assuming you don't get the proof you are looking for?
Life is a risk. Leaving your house to work is a risk. So is everything we do to survive.
So don't let the unascertained inhibitions rob you of what you desire.

Go out there and be HOT!! Not WARM!!!

WORD!

stillwater:

Surprisingly, I'm very very warm, could be extremely hot but only in private.  tongue tongue

I hate hide and seek. what u wont do with me in open dont even try in private (X excluded sha grin)
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by OBNOXIOUS: 4:42pm On Jun 10, 2009
What feelings?

The day you remotely attempt to open up your felings by mistake sef or tell her "You Love her" thats the day you should go and price your coffin. I can't remember when last i tried to open up my feelings or ever telling a girl i love her except when i am Fuc**k***ing her to encourage her to open her Legs wider! cheesy
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 10, 2009
AEjiro:

WORD!

I hate hide and seek. what u wont do with me in open dont even try in private (X excluded sha grin)

That is why in this life time, we would never cross paths.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by AEjiro(m): 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2009
stillwater:

That is why in this life time, we would never cross paths.

Am very comfortable with that. Afterall we have been surviving this way, So well can do eben better.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 10, 2009
wink
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by origina9ja(f): 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2009
OBNOXIOUS:

What feelings?

The day you remotely attempt to open up your felings by mistake sef or tell her "You Love her" thats the day you should go and price your coffin. I can't remember when last i tried to open up my feelings or ever telling a girl i love her except when i am Fuc**k***ing her to encourage her to open her Legs wider! cheesy

very typical
u better stop before you get curse
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by spikedcylinder: 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2009
kokoye:

Top reasons for being cold (although you would not admit it - also part of the problem):

Insecurity

Fear of rejection

Very low self-esteem

Pride

Lack of trust

At times, these are a result of life experiences - growing up with a single parent; parents being taken for granted, etc.

But there is NO LOVE when any of the reasons above are present. A relationship can never been enjoyed when any of the reasons are present. It gets as bad as you not being able to apologise when you are wrong.

Called me whipped but I am HOT and married to a HOT damsel.

I couldn't agree more.

Personally though, it ranges for me. I could grow from hot to cold in seconds.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 10, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I couldn't agree more.

offtopic

seems this is d only place e from where i can reply - no vex , i just enjoy reading some peeps posts, and i haven't gotten round to bookmarking their latest posts page . small time oga grammer go come after me cheesy
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by kokoye(m): 5:45pm On Jun 10, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I couldn't agree more.

Sebi iwo ni. At least you admit. That's confidence. And nothing wrong with being cold every once in a loooooong while. We're only human

BTW,  your new profile pix rocks ojare. Aburo mi ti o bad. wink
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Busybody2(f): 6:51pm On Jun 10, 2009
kokoye:

Insecurity

Fear of rejection

Very low self-esteem

Pride

Lack of trust

Called me whipped but I am HOT and married to a HOT damsel.

Well i put up my hand and say my reason for being cold is pride, and as it ain't killed no one yet, nothing do me cheesy grin cheesy
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by kaboninc(m): 7:15pm On Jun 10, 2009
Can some body please help me am not hot, warm or cold?
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by kokoye(m): 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2009
kaboninc:

Can some body please help me am not hot, warm or cold?

Dead. grin

Only God can help you.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jun 10, 2009
Pride can be neccesary sometimes, of course with moderation but neccesary.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jun 10, 2009
the thermostat mechanism is best for me. Be hot when you need to be and withdraw if its not reciprocated. You cant waste your time and effort on someone who wont appreciate it.

But when its a woman i'm deeply involved with . . . warm all the way. You wont need to ask, you'll know, feel and hear it often.
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by Oxone(m): 7:57pm On Jun 10, 2009
davidylan:

the thermostat mechanism is best for me. Be hot when you need to be and withdraw if its not reciprocated. You cant waste your time and effort on someone who wont appreciate it.

But when its a woman i'm deeply involved with . . . warm all the way. You wont need to ask, you'll know, feel and hear it often.

my tots exactly cos trying to curtail these feelings with someone ur involved with might cost u the relationship but again it depends on who you are dealing with
Re: How Open Can You Get With Your Feelings? by kokoye(m): 8:26pm On Jun 10, 2009
Of course it is always good to have control over one's emotion. The thing I cant stand is knowing someone is willing to go all the way with you and you're still being cold (due to the points i listed earlier) despite the fact that you know you are with the right person for you.

No need being with someone who will not reciprocate the love you give.

I once mistakenly messed with a girl who at times took joy in making me feel bad at times cos it made her feel good. She admitted having a complex and said she always felt she wasnt good enough for me; always expected me to ignore her at parties and stuff. So all her actions were geared towards expecting to be dumped.

I tried everything possible to make the girl feel good about herself (even at my own expense at times) but na, she said that's who she is and cant change.

So guess what, I left peacefully and we still talk once in a long while. Now she compares every other guy with me and cant seem to settle down. I told her a few wks back that I went out of my way to make her feel good about herself and she should not expect that from most guys - she said she needs deliverance.

God help us all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ladies Are Wicked# Fact (picture) / I Cheated Once, Now My Husband Won't Stop Cheating. /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.