Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,525 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? (53018 Views)

Registrar, Oloyede Reveals What Exposed Corruption In JAMB / Lecturer Dismissed For Exposing Corruption In Yabatech / NISDEBATE: Strike: A Wrong Approach To Nigeria's Educational Problems. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by graciousolo(m): 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Geestarry:
Normally, I would have reserved my comments but I wish to express myself on this platform. No participant/contestant is permitted to play judge/moderator. Participants are first expected to respect the authority of the day, and as such, any reservations should be presented orderly and not coaxed into being effected.
The art of threatening too pull out from the debate is already grounds for disqualification. Participants are expected to be able to respect and comport themselves if their concerns would be considered. No matter how right a claim is, if it is not duly represented, it could be disregarded on grounds of contempt. And if the moderator and judges review the scores without reprimanding the plaintiffs for their manner [in public especially], then participants for subsequent editions could/would be expected to throw stones at each other or even fight like the members of the Nigerian House of Representatives.
Besides, someone said "UniUyo" played on the judges intelligence, that's an undue accusation/summation. One person did, not every member of the Uniuyo team, and if anyone has to lay complaints, he/she should do so in a very polite manner.

There is life beyond this competition. In as much as we are here to build our intellectual prowess, we also have to build character. The real aim of this competition will be defeated if we remain at loggerheads. Thank you very much. Shalom

By the way, The judge's decision is final.
The judge's decision can be appealed too.

Apart from from the plagiarism, He wrote over 2000 words when the maximum is 1200.

Judge's please see to this. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Our verdict loading.... cheesy cheesy.
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by noskyboy(m): 10:51pm On Dec 27, 2015
Dongraspo:

Sir,Just lifting a mere 11 examples is 90% of my work,its funny tho the way some people think...please,attack my points and not my person because like i said nobody here knows me_you know,i feel your pain,its normal i have been there before-people attack the best players even Jesus,not everyone loves him...Thank you for your personal opinion,i appreciate and hope we meet again
chairman see, the copy and pasted part of your work accounts for 1,663 words which is even way more than the stipulated word count, while the one written by you, of which we are not even sure of, is just 672. explain that.
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Fynestboi:

Then God helping you Jarus and Adeaks as the judges..
Adeaks only scored him low because some things were unnecessary & mumbled up.

I will never write an essay like I did in this first stage. grin
Only my definitions were copied.
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Tourshaw: 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2015
Geestarry:
Normally, I would have reserved my comments but I wish to express myself on this platform. No participant/contestant is permitted to play judge/moderator. Participants are first expected to respect the authority of the day, and as such, any reservations should be presented orderly and not coaxed into being effected.
The art of threatening too pull out from the debate is already grounds for disqualification. Participants are expected to be able to respect and comport themselves if their concerns would be considered. No matter how right a claim is, if it is not duly represented, it could be disregarded on grounds of contempt. And if the moderator and judges review the scores without reprimanding the plaintiffs for their manner [in public especially], then participants for subsequent editions could/would be expected to throw stones at each other or even fight like the members of the Nigerian House of Representatives.
Besides, someone said "UniUyo" played on the judges intelligence, that's an undue accusation/summation. One person did, not every member of the Uniuyo team, and if anyone has to lay complaints, he/she should do so in a very polite manner.

There is life beyond this competition. In as much as we are here to build our intellectual prowess, we also have to build character. The real aim of this competition will be defeated if we remain at loggerheads. Thank you very much. Shalom

By the way, The judge's decision is final.

Boss. We heard you. Backing your partner dongraspo for his mindless lifting. Even I am thinking you too should be penalized for aid and abet. Your partner, misbehaves, instead of calling him to order and make him realize his err, u are digressing as if it was a trivial issue. I am standing for probity which my alma Mata is known for till truth prevails. I rep UNILORIN, probitas doctrina.

3 Likes

Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Dongraspo(m): 10:54pm On Dec 27, 2015
Fynestboi:

The judges I believed were coming up with something, it is not easy reading up 8essays, it will be rectify......

One of the judges displayed clearly in his result, that Dongraspo deserves to be penalize. So we understand your plight and it will be looked into...

Audi alteram patem,I hope i will be given a fair trial,my own side of the story will be heard before i receive judgement because of petitions written out of bitterness of defeat...i cant be crucified based on a mere 11 examples,besides ARE EXAMPLES FROM PEOPLES BRAIN or THEY ARE PAST HAPPENINGS which no matter how it is written,is still the same...I also tender a passionate apology for the word count,it happened because i was deeply engrossed in the debate,it was a topic that embodies passion...Thank you sir
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 10:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
FrancisTony:

Lol. Bad boy. grin
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 11:02pm On Dec 27, 2015
Erm *coughs* Thank you all for showing your grievances in one Way or the other, I must say am impressed....

Let me leave what we agreed on to the Coordinator In chief.. (Luxanne)
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Dongraspo(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2015
noskyboy:

chairman see, the copy and pasted part of your work accounts for 1,663 words which is even way more than the stipulated word count, while the one written by you, of which we are not even sure of, is just 672. explain that.

Thank you sir,you took out time to count those which its obvious i didnt because if i did,i would have sure edited and remove some of the examples,if you look at the main examples at NAIJ.com,you will notice that it was 12 examples including punishments and so forth and if you see my writeup,we have only 11 with less punishments because i removed it because it didnt really ryhme with the point i was proving...my brother,Examples are examples-same story,no matter how you coined them,i hope you will erase some of the bitterness and reason with me...Like i stated earlier,the word count wasnt on my mind during the writeup and i duly apologize for it,so you cannot attach meaning to it,sorry sir,i hope you understand, there might still be a chance for us to meet again and i cannot wait for that moment.And one thing,am a very truthful and honest person as you can see because i added the source of my example so you can believe the rest to be from my golden brain,thank you for your understanding
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Tourshaw: 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
Dongraspo:

Audi alteram patem,I hope i will be given a fair trial,my own side of the story will be heard before i receive judgement because of petitions written out of bitterness of defeat...i cant be crucified based on a mere 11 examples,besides ARE EXAMPLES FROM PEOPLES BRAIN or THEY ARE PAST HAPPENINGS which no matter how it is written,is still the same...I also tender a passionate apology for the word count,it happened because i was deeply engrossed in the debate,it was a topic that embodies passion...Thank you sir

Bitterness of defeat? Who defeated whom? U said, mere 11 examples. lol. OK out of 12 in the website u copied and pasted word for word yet you are claiming u were engrossed by the topic as the reason for your 2398 words. just confess, u wanted to make sure you input everything you saw in the site as you saw it. I always like being above board.
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
word count defaulter

THOLULOPE 1631 as against 1200
dongraspo 2300 as against 1200...
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Aminat508(f): 11:11pm On Dec 27, 2015
Wanna sleep jare angry...

1 Like

Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Please no more comments from participants until after the chief coordinator post her verdict..

itaf do na..
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by luxanne(f): 11:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Good evening everyone.

I want us to understand that there are modalities for this debate which I will post again as reminder.

DEBATE MODALITIES. 5marks for criteria to total 25 for each participant and a total of 50marks for each team.

1. Presentation (opening, flow, closing,
response to judges questions,
audience questions and contestants
rebuttals)
2. Logic of arguments
3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.
4. Persuasiveness
5. Demonstration of knowledge and
understanding of the subject

These are the modalities upon which each debaters will be graded upon you will agree with me.

So, looking at the essay in question, I'l say the accused placed great emphasis on modality 3 (Strength of facts, examples, cases which in turn addressed modality 4 & 5) and on logic of arguments and presentation you will agree with me that despite his lifting of research works used on his essay, his arguments were valid and on this I applaud him because no dullard can lift that amount of information from the internet and then present them logically.

However, the only area I can fault him is the word count but then again, aint we all guilty? I urge Fynestboi to therefore run a word count on all essays and any team found guilty by even a word over should be penalized.

Thank you.
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2015
Wonders shall never cease............

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 11:21pm On Dec 27, 2015
I urge Fynestboi to therefore run a word count on all essays and any team found guilty by even a word over should be penalized.

word count defaulter

THOLULOPE 1631 as against 1200 UNIBADAN
dongraspo 2300 as against 1200... UNIUYO

CC: Luxanne
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Tourshaw: 11:22pm On Dec 27, 2015
Dongraspo:

Sir,Just lifting a mere 11 examples is 90% of my work,its funny tho the way some people think...please,attack my points and not my person because like i said nobody here knows me_you know,i feel your pain,its normal i have been there before-people attack the best players even Jesus,not everyone loves him...Thank you for your personal opinion,i appreciate and hope we meet again

I cannot but laugh. Seriously, you have good sense of humour. You are shouting do we know you. Who cares? Everyone has his personality fa. Don't scare us with yours. You feel my pain? No. People attack best players? And who's the best player in this case? You lol. indeed. I hope we meet again too. Just do one favor for yourself, admit your mistake and that solves it.

No retreat No surrender
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Dongraspo(m): 11:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
adeaks:

Calm down Bro.

Fynestboi only collated the results sent in by the judges and looking at the varied results given by the judges, it is obvious there was no collusion.

Yes, the guy lifted that list from the website, but importantly he referenced the website where he lifted it from....meaning that he properly attributed the material to the source.

Now, I felt his essay was easily the poorest of the eight submitted as the lifting did not in any way help his piece. It was verbose, absolutely unnecessary, and only made his essay look like a treatise. That was why I personally scored him so low. Had it been I was able to give my usual comments, I would have pointed that out to him.

Should he be disqualified; personally I'd say No. He did not lift the WHOLE essay, as I presume the introduction and the rest of the essay (after the end of the copied list) were written by him unless proven otherwise. He lifted a part of the essay, but he referenced it properly.

Should he have been scored low; personally I'd say Yes. However different judges can not all judge the same way. I can only defend the marks I gave based on my appraisal of each essay using the criteria given, I can't speak for others.

Thank you,my learned judge...i freely accept your score wholeheartedly,believing it to be a punishment for the word count and none other,thank you sir for also pick pointing verbosity to be an ill of my writeup,next time i will watch my way around words and as for the example being unnecessary, with all due respect i doubt that assertion,how was i to prove my points without an example witnessed by all and sundry? Thank you once more,i appreciate...And to other Judges, thank you for believing in me and TEAMUNIUYO,i appreciate.
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 27, 2015
So, moderator luxanne is making it clear to us now that plagiarism is not a sin as far as this contest is concerned?
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by luxanne(f): 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
Fynestboi:
word count defaulter
THOLULOPE 1631 as against 1200
dongraspo 2300 as against 1200...

Thank you Fynestboi. Tholulope was for which school please?

And henceforth, all defaulters should be penalized.

I want to beg all to please sheath their swords...You all did greatly in this round.
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 11:25pm On Dec 27, 2015
luxanne:

Thank you Fynestboi. Tholulope was for which school please?

And henceforth, all defaulters should be penalized.

I want to beg all to please sheath their swords...You all did greatly in this round.

unibadan...
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by luxanne(f): 11:28pm On Dec 27, 2015
Neyoor:
So, moderator luxanne is making it clear to us now that plagiarism is not a sin as far as this contest is concerned?

Plagiarism without giving a reference to where the information is gotten? Yes it is a fraud.

Can you please tell me you didnt also lift information from the internet to buttress your point?
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by luxanne(f): 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
Dongraspo:

That's it!!! Bitterness...

Enough please.
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2015
Neyoor:

sorry bro what is the definition of plagiarism?
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Dongraspo(m): 11:31pm On Dec 27, 2015
luxanne:
Good evening everyone.

I want us to understand that there are modalities for this debate which I will post again as reminder.

DEBATE MODALITIES. 5marks for criteria to total 25 for each participant and a total of 50marks for each team.

1. Presentation (opening, flow, closing,
response to judges questions,
audience questions and contestants
rebuttals)
2. Logic of arguments
3. Strength of facts, examples, cases.
4. Persuasiveness
5. Demonstration of knowledge and
understanding of the subject

These are the modalities upon which each debaters will be graded upon you will agree with me.

So, looking at the essay in question, I'l say the accused placed great emphasis on modality 3 (Strength of facts, examples, cases which in turn addressed modality 4 & 5) and on logic of arguments and presentation you will agree with me that despite his lifting of research works used on his essay, his arguments were valid and on this I applaud him because no dullard can lift that amount of information from the internet and then present them logically.

However, the only area I can fault him is the word count but then again, aint we all guilty? I urge Fynestboi to therefore run a word count on all essays and any team found guilty by even a word over should be penalized.

Thank you.

Thank you very much,Madam Luzanne...i have been vindicated
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2015
Neyoor relax and read the final decision...

thanks.
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by luxanne(f): 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2015
Fynestboi:
I urge Fynestboi to therefore run a word count on all essays and any team found guilty by even a word over should be penalized.

Word count defaulters

THOLULOPE 1631 as against 1200 UNIBADAN
dongraspo 2300 as against 1200... UNIUYO

CC: Luxanne

If 5 marks were given for each criteria, its safe to say that 5 marks be deducted from anyone found defaulting.

So please, compute the above defaulter's scores again and deduct 5 marks form each judges.
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Dongraspo(m): 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2015
Neyoor:

Do you know the true meaning of PLAGIARISMA,If you do,please check the REFERENCES,thank you....and dont forget it is an example, not an idea...an example,no matter how it is put is still the same
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Dongraspo(m): 11:38pm On Dec 27, 2015
FrancisTony:

Hmmmmmmmmm......
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 11:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
luxanne:

If 5 marks were given for each criteria, its safe to say that 5 marks be deducted from anyone found defaulting.

So please, compute the above defaulter's scores again and deduct 5 marks form each judges.

NOTED, However the 5 marks for presentation is embedded with some other things like (opening, closing remarks etc) word count takes just 1mark out from presentation..
Re: NISDEBATE: Corruption in Nigeria who takes the blame: Leaders or the followers? by Fynestboi: 11:42pm On Dec 27, 2015
caracta ma cry kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

A Dozen Words That Even The Most Educated Nigerians Use Or Interpret Wrongly / JAMB Exam Hall In 2000 And 2016, Which Do You Prefer? [hilarious Pics] / Proposed Pegans School Uniform In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.