Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,312 members, 7,867,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:26 AM

Are You Being Stung By Someone? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Being Stung By Someone? (342 Views)

Help! Scorpion Stung My 'hard To Get' Girlfriend In My Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Being Stung By Someone? by dantewest: 10:01am On Dec 24, 2015
I was speaking with a friend earlier today..

She was talking about the challenge of letting go of an unhealthy relationship in her life. A man she was contemplating have a long term relationship with. Sound familiar?

Despite the fact she had gotten “stung” by this guy in the past, she hesitated whether she should give him “one more chance.” Sound familiar?

“But he says this time will be different.” “But he says he recognizes the things he did in the past were not right.” “But he says he is going to change.” Sound familiar?

We have all been “stung” by people we opened our hearts to. People we thought really loved and cared about us. Yes, we have all been betrayed..

The question I think we must pose is this, “Do I want to risk the pain of being let down by my expectation of what I want to be true.”

The scorpion Story:

“There was a rabbit and a scorpion who wanted to get to the other side of the river. The scorpion told the rabbit, “Get on my back and I will carry you to safety to the other side of the river.” But the rabbit replied, “You are a scorpion, and I know you will sting me and kill me.” “Surely not.” replied the scorpion. “I have changed, and I too want to cross the river.”

So the rabbit believed what the scorpion said, and jumped on his back to cross the river.

Two thirds across, safe. Half way across, safe. To the other side of the river, safe. The rabbit apologized to the scorpion he ever doubted the new revelation of conversion the scorpion expressed.

Suddenly, the scorpion stung and injected enough poison into the rabbit to kill it.

The rabbit replied in dismay, “Why did you sting to kill to me, we were safe on the other side of the river?”

The scorpion replied, “Because it’s in my nature. Why were you ever so foolish to believe otherwise.”

Yes, sometimes the people we meet who continue to hurt us just can’t, or won’t help themselves. The question we need to ask is,”Why do you trust the lie when you already have evidence of the truth?”

Pruning hurts, but we must cut away the dead branches to grow fully alive. We must give up the good, for great. We must accept people where they are, and give up the illusion of control we have to change them.

Who in your life is a scorpion? Who in your life continues to sting you with poison regardless of the words they speak otherwise? You can only judge by the actions, because words are meaningless.

Another person may indeed have a serious problem. But if you continue to engage in these problems, you have a problem too.

Let go of the people who sting you in life, and watch the healing come into your life.

Only when you are genuinely willing to let go, will you get the best you deserve.

You attract who you are. Keep the focus on yourself.

You’re worth the effort.

https://dantewest./2015/12/23/are-you-being-stung-by-someone/

Re: Are You Being Stung By Someone? by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 24, 2015
Sweet cry
Beautiful cry
Nice cry
Nice op smiley

1 Like

Re: Are You Being Stung By Someone? by dantewest: 10:05am On Dec 24, 2015
sickstars:
Sweet cry
Beautiful cry
Nice cry
Nice op smiley

Thank you!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Being Stung By Someone? by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 24, 2015
dantewest:

Thank you!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
wink

(1) (Reply)

Whats Your New Year Resolution? / Wickedness: Man Atrangles 2-month Old Conceived Outside Wedlock (by Lover) / 18+ Looking For A Serious Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.