Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria (41114 Views)

. / Buyers Of Plantain In Port Harcourt / Tomato Glut Hits Katsina Markets As Price Drop To N300 From N5, 000 Per Basket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:25pm On Mar 07, 2016
ktoby:
Pls does anyone know how I can start a plantain chip business and how profitable it is
its profitable but you must do your feasibility study well.
You must find accurate answers to questions like,how much will i need to set it up?where would i get quality raw plantain?Transportation?market research analysis,cost-return analysis, etc
if you are able to get that,then you will be able to know what you are getting into and what to expect from the venture?
Note: Not all plantain chips company are really making money.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by awoniyisunmonu(m): 7:43am On Mar 08, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:
ok.you are welcome. Will check and get back to you.
Ok.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by bashabby(m): 12:09pm On Mar 08, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:

Not all plantain variety are useful to the flour companies we sell to.
They demand specific and peculiar characteristic quality in the plantain they purchase for quality flour

What are/is the particular variety/ies demands of this milling companies? [/quote]
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:53pm On Mar 08, 2016
bashabby:

What are/is the particular variety/ies demands of this milling companies?
Giant French Horn
Apart from variety,bunches quality must attain some standards pertaining to size,colour,maturity state,) e.t.c

1 Like

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:03am On Mar 11, 2016
On the road of success of every agribusiness venture is dotted with risks and challenges.
Most Plantain farmers are faced with the major challenge of fulani herdsmen and the market.
Am i going to say that i am not going to farm to make money because of these risks and challenges;NO.
Every challenges has solutions.
Priority to achieve success in the plantain business must be given to wire fencing and partnering with processing companies to sell your produce.
Do plantain...the crop that gives the best ROI in the short and on the long run.
#GetInvolved
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by andy24(m): 1:54pm On Mar 25, 2016
Mr LesgupNigeria. You are an inspiration to all farmers both New & Old... I have read all your post and even comments from 2014 till now and I am very delighted for the Information and knowledge you have shared so far.

The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.i am a student of Mouau in Abia State currently in my 400L but By the Grace of God I have been making lots of research and finally raised capital to start something this 2016, have been able to get a sizeable portion of land that accommodated 1,500 suckers of Plantain.

I would like to increase my capacity to 10, 000 in five years and also add to the food value chain by setting up a plantain processing factory close to my farm at Ugep, Cross River State.

Attached are some pictures to show.

1st pic is the land cleared for this purpose
2nd pic is a bunch harvested from the farm around Feb, 2016

I would like to ask, can these species of plantain be used in processing Plantain Flour?

Pls u can me at Johnebenuwah@yahoo.com. God bless You. # proudly Nigerian

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by andy24(m): 2:01pm On Mar 25, 2016
You made a revelation in 2014 that agriculture is the future & today in 2016 the future is here lol. I have been an inspiration to lots of people I have met and I can tell you that people are really going back to agriculture.

I also specialize in Rabbirty for sale to students and doctors related to Medical field in schools like departments like Microbiology, Veterinary Medicine, Biochemistry e.t.c

I would like to ask.
1. How can someone access the 75b Naira loans meant for farmers.
2. How can I join AFAN

GOD BLESS YOU SIR.

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by THEVIOCE(m): 4:40pm On Mar 25, 2016
in case anyone is in need of best variety of sucker to buy and make more profit call 08134533032. here are some pics

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:32pm On Mar 26, 2016
andy24:
Mr LesgupNigeria. You are an inspiration to all farmers both New & Old... I have read all your post and even comments from 2014 till now and I am very delighted for the Information and knowledge you have shared so far.

The future belongs to those who prepare for it today.i am a student of Mouau in Abia State currently in my 400L but By the Grace of God I have been making lots of research and finally raised capital to start something this 2016, have been able to get a sizeable portion of land that accommodated 1,500 suckers of Plantain.

I would like to increase my capacity to 10, 000 in five years and also add to the food value chain by setting up a plantain processing factory close to my farm at Ugep, Cross River State.

Attached are some pictures to show.

1st pic is the land cleared for this purpose
2nd pic is a bunch harvested from the farm around Feb, 2016

I would like to ask, can these species of plantain be used in processing Plantain Flour?

Pls u can me at Johnebenuwah@yahoo.com. God bless You. # proudly Nigerian
so proud of you.keep it up.

1 Like

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2016
smyles6:
Sir pls how much does an acre of land cost in your area?

hello, i am from igan okoto also in egbado north of ogun state. i am presently planning to start a plantain plantation in that area because i noticed that a plantain plantation that has been existing behind my family house, since i was in my primary school is still producing good crops for sale, i am in my early 40's now.

akinleye
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:32pm On Apr 13, 2016
Make sure you get a good sucker for planting
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by jessybabe46(f): 4:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
andy24:
You made a revelation in 2014 that agriculture is the future & today in 2016 the future is here lol. I have been an inspiration to lots of people I have met and I can tell you that people are really going back to agriculture.

I also specialize in Rabbirty for sale to students and doctors related to Medical field in schools like departments like Microbiology, Veterinary Medicine, Biochemistry e.t.c

I would like to ask.
1. How can someone access the 75b Naira loans meant for farmers.
2. How can I join AFAN

GOD BLESS YOU SIR.
lesgup has been a great motivation and inspiration to us.
I will like to know if i can get cheaper land there.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by damiplovR(f): 1:11pm On Aug 09, 2016
Nice job. I have been following this topic as I have just acquired over an hectare of land and I want to know if I can break even or make a little profit on 1600 suckers
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:31am On Aug 10, 2016
jessybabe46:

lesgup has been a great motivation and inspiration to us.
I will like to know if i can get cheaper land there.
Thanks and God bless you.
I have Land for sale and lease in Ogbomosho,oyo state.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:59am On Oct 15, 2016
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by adebowfe(m): 1:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
Hi, pls, link me with company so that I can sale my plantain procced. My whassp number is 08076758764 and email ID is felylovely@yahoo.com. Thanks, waiting for your usual great response.

Thank you

[/quote]
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by tbfeyi: 7:16am On Feb 08, 2017
Gud morning house, please I have two plot of land I don't know what to plant on the land that can give me profit? In a year. Thanks for ur swift responses
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by ecurrencies2017: 9:44am On Feb 08, 2017
MALES & FEMALES YEARLY PAID (AGATUU AND TAKETE) TOGOLESE AND GHANAIAN WORKERS AVAILABLE FOR SOUTH/WEST ZONE FARMERS ONLY, FROM #90,000 ABOVE PER YEAR DEPEND ON WORK SCHEDULE WITH TERMS AND CONDITION TO FOLLOW, VISIT US TODAY TO MAKE YOUR FARMING MANAGING BECOME EASIER AGAINST NEXT HARVESTING IN 2017.

CHARTIDOR GLOBAL NIG.
RC NO:505862
123, STATION ROAD OSOGBO.
STATE OF OSUN
NIGERIA
Chartidorglobalfarm@gmail.com/+2347014888628
We serve you the best in Farm management visit us today and be smiles to your bank after 3months.
GOD BLESS MY FATHERS LAND.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:11am On Feb 09, 2017
tbfeyi:
Gud morning house, please I have two plot of land I don't know what to plant on the land that can give me profit? In a year. Thanks for ur swift responses
Dry season vegetable is your best bet.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by donJ2(m): 2:22am On Apr 21, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

a good fertile land with acessible road starts from 80k per acre.

For lease or buying?
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:01am On Apr 21, 2017
donJ2:

For lease or buying?
Buying but not at this price
You can call 08164628081,08092034147 for more info
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2017
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:01am On May 02, 2017
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:46am On May 06, 2017
Now in this season of economic downturn where the price of everything is skyrocketing and our economy is crashing, where so many nations is plagued with lack of good jobs, money and social amenities. This will be a good time for you to start agriculture.
Check www.Facebook.com/waleagro
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:10pm On May 10, 2017
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:23pm On May 15, 2017
Market linkages are crucial for farmers to be successful;
Create it or you make it through the existing ones,a robust link is needed for a winning farming enterprise.
Good afternoon.
Inefficient market...Low sales...Less cash
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:31am On May 19, 2017
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:46pm On May 21, 2017
Efficient market channels are important for a successful farming business.
#agribusinessMarketing
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:28pm On May 27, 2017
If you’re starting plantain with a small farm, one of the simplest things you can do is to go to your local market and sell it.
Check more on www.Facebook.com/waleagro
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Teeisaac(m): 11:25pm On May 27, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

do you mean having different plantain farms in different locations?
very good advice
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Teeisaac(m): 11:34pm On May 27, 2017
Lesgupnigeria:

Cost of production varies from location to location.
You will need 1000 suckers on an acre at 2m by 2m spacing.
Where is the farmland located?
. 1000 suckers too much
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Teeisaac(m): 11:40pm On May 27, 2017
explorer2:
Thanks for this post lesgup. I am a beginner and am starting with 1 plot of land. I want to know how many suckers will be enough for a plot and how much it will take u to deliver such quantity of your special specie to bayelsa state thanks. Pls respond.
not more than 60 suckers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Disabled Man Working On His Rice Farm In Zamfara (Photos) / Rom Oil Mills - Biggest Edible Oil Refinery - Launched In Ibadan / My Last Harvest From My Yam Farm. Govt, We Need Loan In The South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.