Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,037 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! (7798 Views)

Share Your Past Life Experiences Here / When Your Past Comes Crawling In / Have You Lived In A Public House In Nigeria? Share Your Funny Experiences. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Truckpusher(m): 10:15am On Dec 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

Hahaha.
You sure say you well? Oya share your own experience make I read
My tongue is tied. tongue
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Alexander001(m): 10:24am On Dec 25, 2015
Mine happened in December 2011, I lit the rocket banger, as usual it was supposed to be going up one after the other. I little did I know that law of gravity ain't smile that day. I Don't know what happened to the last one instead of going up it just landed on my palm and exploded. blood of blood! I couldn't feel my right hand, no pain,no feel.The pain just came upon me like angry rhino with bad blood on my palm. I just went to unexpected sleep, since then am no friend of rocket banger.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by mikkypel(m): 10:25am On Dec 25, 2015
naijaboiy:
[b]So many experiences.

But I can't forget the one that I and my younger brother threw a disco light into a dry bush just in front of our house and an electric pole was just close to that place. The whole place started to burn,due to the dry season. I was really scared that the whole village will be set ablaze so I and my brother quickly ran home and pretended like nothing was wrong. grin

Later on my dad called me and scolded me. It turned out someone had informed him while they were trying to put out the massive fire. grin

I also remember in 2003/04 when I wanted to hold a 3 sound knock out stick and the whole thing exploded in my hands. sad

I was in pains for the rest of the christmas,but it didn't stop me from eating chicken o grin

I also remember sometime in 2009 when I left an already lit rocket banger to to explode under my mum's car because I was scared of the sparks that fell on me while I was holding it. Thank God she wasn't around that evening,only God knows the kind of slap I would have received. gringrin

Lalasticlala come and share your own story tongue

Merry christmas to you monalisa185 kiss
[/b]

So in 2009,you have not gotten sense
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Emeka71(m): 10:26am On Dec 25, 2015
My recent christmas experiences used to be fun in BRT.
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by mikkypel(m): 10:26am On Dec 25, 2015
Alexander001:
Mine happened in December 2011, I lit the rocket banger, as usual it was supposed to be going up one after the other. I little did I know that law of gravity ain't smile that day. I Don't know what happened to the last one instead of going up it just landed on my palm and exploded. blood of blood! I couldn't feel my right hand, no pain,no feel.The pain just came upon me like angry rhino with bad blood on my palm. I just went to unexpected sleep, since then am no friend of rocket banger.

So 2011, you have not gotten sense
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 25, 2015
cupidhero:

So you mean to tell us you have been calculating the exchange rate of Naira since 1985 till date?

lols @ 1985.
Yes, I have been doing that... >:.(. E dey affect you?
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by mikkypel(m): 10:30am On Dec 25, 2015
martyns303:
This is the first time in years that I would be spending Xmas in Nigeria, which means I am never with my family during Xmas, so I don't really have much to tell.

I usually just buy myself a couple of champagne, drink and watch movies. Which is exactly what I am doing right now as I type this.

For those of you who are able to be with ur families and loved ones, I hope u cherish every moment of it.

In 2face voice
All these things u typed are nothing but truthful lies
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by dataland: 10:30am On Dec 25, 2015
Typing
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by john4aguero: 11:14am On Dec 25, 2015
misspicy2:
[b][font=courier]awwwwww this brings a rush of Christmas fever into me,lemme quickly drop two experiences I had when I was a kid

cc Catlova, danbrowndmf,Duchesspunkyll (don't you dare forget wink ),john4aguero,stfuareyouGod, Profojah,and all romancelanders

I can't finish this laughter. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 25, 2015
misspicy2:
[b]awwwwww this brings a rush of Christmas fever into me,lemme quickly drop two experiences I had when I was a kid

I was a bully then due to my height,I was very tall compared to other children my age grade,in fact you will think am older than them all unless you look at my face properly,so it was 2001,my mum just birthed our last born
So we had relatives come spend Christmas with us,and there was this cousin of mine IYANU(God rest his soul) he was a gentle,meek kid,we call him DinDinrin then,because he does act mumuish grin

so that faithful Christmas we went around the houses in our neighbourhood and beyond eating rice and chicken and to collect Christmas moneygrin(covers face,most ajekpako children do am sha),so we got to a neighbour's house,greeted them,they gave us rice and chicken, as we were eating,I noticed Iyanu stood up and was looking morose, the next thing is a strong odour like poo smelling inside the living room,we all ran outside,Iyanu came out too,lo and behold my cousin just soiled his body with watery poo,lol,immediately I set to work,got a dongoyaro(neem tree) branch,peeled the leaves and I flogged Iyanu like mad,mind you,Iyanu was older than me age wise, lol cheesy,
the woman of the house came out and begged me to leave him,he was screaming,so she gave me water,I cleaned him up and had to clean the whole chair where he sat on too....was a messy work lol,and I used that to blackmail him for long,he did all my chores in exchange for not telling his mummy till they left grin

long story isn't it?
okay here is another one

I was a lover of burnt jollof rice until this episode,I guess it should be 2004 Christmas,so I always eat the burnt part of jollof rice,and as usual my mum had kept that part for me inside the big pot,I went to the backyard and settled down to eat that part with my long devil's spoon,I put my head inside the pot for easy access,my people,I started scratching and eating,lo and behold when the time to remove my head came,I couldn't shocked,I did all I could I couldn't still remove my head and upper part of my body,I started screaming,mumsy ran outside,my siblings came too,instead of them to help they started laughing, next thing I felt was pain of beating on my buttocks,my mum flogged me ehn,then she helped remove me from the pot,see me with oil and rice dripping all over me gringringrin
[/b]

My friends and Nairalanders,Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year grin

cc Catlova, danbrowndmf,Duchesspunkyll (don't you dare forget wink ),john4aguero,stfuareyouGod, Profojah,and all romancelanders
Lmao cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by cupidhero(m): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols @ 1985.
Yes, I have been doing that... >:.(. E dey affect you?

No o...e no dey affect me. You can't be too old for a Christmas experience, ma momma who is 60 something years old got a couple she shares with us once in a while. Maybe you are just uber busy to the extent you can't share the long story with us.
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by refiner(f): 11:47am On Dec 25, 2015
*steps into the hall,smiles ,clears throat**

christmas is one of my best days,d weather,d gifts,d meals and drinks,meeting of new friends,lot of smiles and lafters.........
we never for ones miss going to d villa to celebrate our Xmas, dere is always a remarkable day in each of d Xmas day in d villa buh I wil only narrate one of dem.......
i went for a cross ova nyte on d 31st of a certain December,was 10 yrs, old den,so we were meant to com to d nyt vigil wif a candle and a sachet of water,den after som prayers and music,we wer meant to lite d candle dej after I lite mine I kept it by my side and knelt down as instructed by d minister,guess wat friends?.... I was den sniffin burning item, wif my eyes closed tight I ignored it,all of a sudden my knees was hurting me and immediately I opened my eyes my clothes was on fire I jumped up and start running to no were,was shouting like I was gonna die,,,,den all of a sudden I felt cool,,,, dey av poured a whole bucket of water on me,immediately I ran and hug my mom,resting my head on her bossom....den wen leaving for home,my mom and I was walking home and suddenly somfin hit my head wife a bang and I just fainted,woke up in d morning only for my mom to tel me I was threw a sachet of water on my head by a silly kid.....
wheeeew.... too long rite....I won't forget DAT day

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by donigspain(m): 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2015
I'm coming...
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by pamcode(m): 1:25pm On Dec 25, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
no experience. I just sit down at home and calculate exchange rate
madam which kind life now no experiences at all

I remember when i was very young one of my aunts bought wristwatch and googles for me. The google fell into a crack and i felt like dying it took lot of pleading and the tantalizing smell of jollof rice for me to calm down
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
Lol@your XMAS experienced monalisa185. Merry christmas and due have fun. Cheers!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Alexander001(m): 1:55pm On Dec 25, 2015
mikkypel:

So 2011, you have not gotten sense
what is this one saying?
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Aplaudez(m): 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2015
Ever since i lost my dad, christmas as just been celebrated in my family like a normal day, even christmas day tend to be worse than the other days! But i just have this joy in my heart that the future is just but bright!
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
My tongue is tied. tongue
Yo man, share your own story too menh. I would like to read it and laugh.
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by BecaciaBarbie(f): 2:31pm On Dec 25, 2015
I'm just after the post with the highest likes sad
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Dec 25, 2015
misspicy2:
[b]awwwwww this brings a rush of Christmas fever into me,lemme quickly drop two experiences I had when I was a kid

I was a bully then due to my height,I was very tall compared to other children my age grade,in fact you will think am older than them all unless you look at my face properly,so it was 2001,my mum just birthed our last born
So we had relatives come spend Christmas with us,and there was this cousin of mine IYANU(God rest his soul) he was a gentle,meek kid,we call him DinDinrin then,because he does act mumuish grin

so that faithful Christmas we went around the houses in our neighbourhood and beyond eating rice and chicken and to collect Christmas moneygrin(covers face,most ajekpako children do am sha),so we got to a neighbour's house,greeted them,they gave us rice and chicken, as we were eating,I noticed Iyanu stood up and was looking morose, the next thing is a strong odour like poo smelling inside the living room,we all ran outside,Iyanu came out too,lo and behold my cousin just soiled his body with watery poo,lol,immediately I set to work,got a dongoyaro(neem tree) branch,peeled the leaves and I flogged Iyanu like mad,mind you,Iyanu was older than me age wise, lol cheesy,
the woman of the house came out and begged me to leave him,he was screaming,so she gave me water,I cleaned him up and had to clean the whole chair where he sat on too....was a messy work lol,and I used that to blackmail him for long,he did all my chores in exchange for not telling his mummy till they left grin

long story isn't it?
okay here is another one

I was a lover of burnt jollof rice until this episode,I guess it should be 2004 Christmas,so I always eat the burnt part of jollof rice,and as usual my mum had kept that part for me inside the big pot,I went to the backyard and settled down to eat that part with my long devil's spoon,I put my head inside the pot for easy access,my people,I started scratching and eating,lo and behold when the time to remove my head came,I couldn't shocked,I did all I could I couldn't still remove my head and upper part of my body,I started screaming,mumsy ran outside,my siblings came too,instead of them to help they started laughing, next thing I felt was pain of beating on my buttocks,my mum flogged me ehn,then she helped remove me from the pot,see me with oil and rice dripping all over me gringringrin
[/b]

My friends and Nairalanders,Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year grin

cheesy cheesy dem for leave u there till the next day. bTW, im waiting for ma rice and shikin
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 25, 2015
naijaboiy:
[b]So many experiences.

But I can't forget the one that I and my younger brother threw a disco light into a dry bush just in front of our house and an electric pole was just close to that place. The whole place started to burn,due to the dry season. I was really scared that the whole village will be set ablaze so I and my brother quickly ran home and pretended like nothing was wrong. grin

Later on my dad called me and scolded me. It turned out someone had informed him while they were trying to put out the massive fire. grin

I also remember in 2003/04 when I wanted to hold a 3 sound knock out stick and the whole thing exploded in my hands. sad

I was in pains for the rest of the christmas,but it didn't stop me from eating chicken o grin

I also remember sometime in 2009 when I left an already lit rocket banger to to explode under my mum's car because I was scared of the sparks that fell on me while I was holding it. Thank God she wasn't around that evening,only God knows the kind of slap I would have received. gringrin

Lalasticlala come and share your own story tongue

Merry christmas to you monalisa185 kiss
[/b]
um I experienced a similar scenario don't know if it was ur own oo are u from mbaukwu i mean the fire incident
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by mikkypel(m): 4:17pm On Dec 25, 2015
Alexander001:
what is this one saying?
He is saying the right thing
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Monalisa185(f): 5:14pm On Dec 25, 2015
[b]naijaboiy

lol....stubborn boy....so you almost set your whole village ablaze?.....by now,..you for dey cool off for your village cell tongue......and you for dey use your school fees dey pay for your mumsy car...tongue

Lalasticlala go dey dodge this Kain thread na, he won't come and say "thank you" for the wishes ooo, buh if I invite am to come chaw, him go run come.... lala, na joke oooo

abiagirl777

don't worry, you'll get a shorter thread next year...merry Xmas

Deetus

lol, your brothers had no chill too

btw, you welcome...

misspicy2

hahahaha...that your second experience was epic o...lol....and these people never unban you ni? dem no get joy atol ooo

martyns303

lol....I'm sure you ain't spending the Xmas alone...#winks....just keep my glass of champ ooo

Fajani

this your prayer no bad oooo

buh no vex o, wetin dey happen for elegushi tomorrow?

Afrok

lol, you dey find six packs via truckpushing....I hail ooo...as for that girl wey you use your afro hair get, hope sey you cut small givam oooo...shaaaaa, you had some wonderful experiences[/b]

1 Like

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by 20bc(m): 5:20pm On Dec 25, 2015
Monalisa185:
*picks up the mic*

Good morning ladies and gentlemen...God knows how much I have been waiting for this day...it's that time of the year when we get to share our past Christmas experiences (I'm sure we all have had one in the past cheesy)...don't give me that look tongue...could be what happened when you were growing up and so on....but since they say "charity begins at home", I would gladly open the floor
By
*clears throat*....it happened when I was little and I vowed never to forget it and to always remember it every 25th of December...a bit of a funny experience though cheesycheesy...i always heard people call anyone beside them to join them whenever they were eating ("come and join me ooo"wink, and the response i always heard was ("no, thank you ooo"wink...so, that very year, we went to the village for the Christmas celebration... on the Christmas day, we had all finished eating that evening, since I happen to be the last in the family, I was always given a double portion of food (naso I like food reach ooo), probably before bedtime (God bless my mama cheesy)

It was almost my bedtime, so I went to my mama and asked her for my second portion of food and chicken(my favorite parts were the head and both legs, though I now hate them with passion, lol)...she knew I was no longer hungry, that I just wanted to eat the chicken,so she gave me a little rice and one leg of the chicken... I managed to eat the rice (mehn, I was so full already)...I was warming up to dissect the chicken when something said to me "won't you practice that thing you have been learning?"...haaaaaaa!! which kain temptation come be this na? I said to myself " you should have reminded me when i was eating the rice na"...but as a child with an indomie brain, I decided to practice ooo...Unfortunately for me, my immediate elder brother was playing a game beside me, so I asked him "Chizzy, come and join me ooo".... Kai!!! that dude had no chill at all, he did not even wait for me to finish, he grabbed the chicken from my hand and was eating it...haha, you needed to have seen my face...Damn!!! for crying out loud, I was expecting the normal, normal " no, thank you oo"...lol, that annoying fella looked at me and said "oh, sorry baby sis...thanks for the meat, you can now go and sleep"... omo, that thing pain me nobe small ooo...

I ran back to mama, crying..guess what? she sent me to bed too *sad face*...I slept that night dreaming of the chicken, and I didn't talk to my brother till we left the village (lol, you know that Kain bitter malice na)..... Finally ,finally, I devised a new means of asking someone to join me while eating.."come and join me, thank you, don't mention"...lol, that one dey pain enter bone marrow tonguetongue...ehhhh, call me 'stingy'...once bitten...you know the rest na tonguetongue

Ladies and gents!! that was the funny/bitter Christmas experience I had in the past...it's now time for each and everyone of you to share your's...com'on, don't be lazy..make today a memorable one cheesycheesy.... Before I drop the mic for the next person, I would like to send a Christmas shout out to the following people:

pinceprinz
faith551
martyns303
flokii
stfuareyouGod
primeministerr
murphyibiam15
Queennikky
sameer1212
chandli
naijaboiy
julianne10
Lalasticlala
tosyne2much
vizkiz
cutehector
roctation
ugliest
farano
Alienstar
jolllyjoy
Decker
fajani
pretydiva
moezzy
donTbone
obiorathesubtle
osedvgirl
tunchi101
misspicy2
pweetychyka
potestdeus
Afrok
ajinoride
nature8
fistking01
johnsown
mzztega
donbenedict
iceberylin
20bc
cupidhero
twaci
Davidmoyes
ceenoEvu
dyn1800
deetus
ishiilove

and every other person that drops by.... I wish you all--------happiness, love, fulfilment,peace, prosperity, friendship, joy, blessings,kindness, strength and grace this day.... MERRY XMAS.....Enjoy the rest of your day #peace

*drops mic*

Iya womi thanks.....
Merry Christmas too.... kiss

1 Like

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Monalisa185(f): 5:23pm On Dec 25, 2015
hysmady

oh my dear....sorry about your loss...I celebrate your mum with you today....it's well

Kachisbarbie [

i don't believe you jor. cheesy

SammyO4real

nothing to share, nothing to visit tongue

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
@Monalisa, my brothers took advantage of me when i was little probably due to the fact that i'm the last born. They outsmart me then but now i'm much more smarter. grin

Was pampered by my parents anyway.
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Alexander001(m): 5:53pm On Dec 25, 2015
mikkypel:

He is saying the right thing
what is the right thing? I should have dropped it instead of holding it with my hand.
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Hysmady(m): 5:56pm On Dec 25, 2015
Monalisa185:
hysmady

oh my dear....sorry about your loss...I celebrate your mum with you today....it's well

Kachisbarbie [

i don't believe you jor. cheesy

SammyO4real

nothing to share, nothing to visit tongue

Thanks much smiley
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by naijaboiy: 6:03pm On Dec 25, 2015
oloyolo:
um I experienced a similar scenario don't know if it was ur own oo are u from mbaukwu i mean the fire incident
Lol..no.

This was in edo state. cheesy
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Agalasis(m): 6:10pm On Dec 25, 2015
Story story,story.
Once upon a time,

Yesterday,I didn't come out till around 4p.m.
Today,I still didn't come out too till around 2p.m to wash.

Everyone has bin knocking and calling.
This is my 1st x-mas in dis compound.
Sm even think I don't celebrate xmas until I started going round 2 greet and wish them HAPPY X-MAS.

I thought of cooking beans,but I decided to cook ogbono soup wt one small stock fish.
Though nothing special in d soup,the smell 4rm d cooking makes them think d soup is worth #5000 when it is not up to 100#(had all d ingrednts at home).
I think it is still better than the beans.

Just finished wacking eba wt d ogbono soup abt 45mins ago.
BREAKING NEWS: A lady (married wt kids) just came knocking and calling 'uncle,uncle'.
When I opened,she just handed over to me a covered plate of white rice wt smoked(I dnt know if it is fried) fish.

That means I wl still eat rice today.
I thank God for everything.
PRAISE THE LORD SOMEBODY!
Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 25, 2015
When my siblings and I were still young, there was a christmas we went to our mom's side and they were just dashing us money like kilode, we had made plans on how to spend the money but immediately we entered the car my mum asked us to surrender all that she'l use it and buy tyns 4 us. My immediate bro and I managed to dodge some money. We had made plans on how we would spend the money when this guy started changing mouth o, telling me he wants to buys ps with the money, me, I don't have strength for rubbish, I just ran to my mum happily and told her someone just gave us another money and its with my bro. Trust my mom, she no waste time. The guy beefed me till d year ended. I didn't care

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Past Christmas Experiences!!! by martyns303(m): 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
Monalisa185:
[b]naijaboiy

lol....stubborn boy....so you almost set your whole village ablaze?.....by now,..you for dey cool off for your village cell tongue......and you for dey use your school fees dey pay for your mumsy car...tongue

Lalasticlala go dey dodge this Kain thread na, he won't come and say "thank you" for the wishes ooo, buh if I invite am to come chaw, him go run come.... lala, na joke oooo

abiagirl777

don't worry, you'll get a shorter thread next year...merry Xmas

Deetus

lol, your brothers had no chill too

btw, you welcome...

misspicy2

hahahaha...that your second experience was epic o...lol....and these people never unban you ni? dem no get joy atol ooo

martyns303

lol....I'm sure you ain't spending the Xmas alone...#winks....just keep my glass of champ ooo

Fajani

this your prayer no bad oooo

buh no vex o, wetin dey happen for elegushi tomorrow?

Afrok

lol, you dey find six packs via truckpushing....I hail ooo...as for that girl wey you use your afro hair get, hope sey you cut small givam oooo...shaaaaa, you had some wonderful experiences[/b]

Ah!!! Just tell me how u want it delivered. Nothing will give me more pleasure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NNPC Destroys All Illegal Structures On The Pipeline / Mystery: Sheep Gave Birth To A Human Baby In Oyo Town! / Picture Of The Fish With Half Human Being In Ibadan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.