Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,393 members, 7,812,156 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

What Makes Christmas So Special - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Makes Christmas So Special (462 Views)

What Makes You A Proud Nigerian? / What's So Special About Chibok Girls? / What Makes A Thread Make Front Page On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Makes Christmas So Special by Wendysmart(f): 5:17am On Dec 25, 2015
Yesterday at the market I was filled with nostalgia for my childhood days,it seemed those days had slipped out of my fingers while I was asleep and like magic I grew into a younglady in my late teens.
I saw kids with red wide brimmed christmas hats blinking light,it reminded me much of those toy guns back then that flashed light and order 'shoot' whenever one press the trigger and those fancy light blinking canvas that was always on vogue every christmas.
I remember far back the water guns,the water game toys,the speed toy cars that christmas seem to usher In.
And I asked myself; where are they now?
Back then when the christmas costume for boys aged 7-4years was suit and shoe,age 7-12years Fancy tops with jeans and boot/canvas.
For the girls it was those gowns that came along with matching cap and handbag.
Today its a different story.
Yesterday my Uncle had purchased suit and shoe for his six years old son but the toddler refused to wear it.
It is either jeans and all stars or nothing.
And so like a sheep my Uncle had complied,left and came back with the 'specials.'

For me what makes christmas special apart from celebrating christ' birth are the Children.
Those lovely kids adorned in nice neat clothes,having fun,requesting for 'Christmas gifts',throwing knockouts and all.

Happy Christmas

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Soldier For Supplying Arms To Robbers / Things You Probably Don't Know About Your Body / US Donates $11m Mine Resistant Vehicles To Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.