Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

Passport Impersonation - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Passport Impersonation (5680 Views)

International Passport In Port Harcourt / Who Knows The Owner Of This Passport? (Photo) / Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passport Impersonation by justwise(m): 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2015
cozybunch:

I do understand where you are coming from, am going to outline both processes, with a very good analytical view, they can make a decision on what is best for them.

JUSTWISE: Apply for her passport which will trigger identity check

Result: passport application in progress

Pitfalls: identity check will trigger first, originality of her documents. The consulate office will run her check and send information to home office who does extensive check (duration unknown)

If originality found credible, investigation on the imposter begins (duration unknown)

Arrest made, case closed, passport reissued (Good, 2 steps duraction, unknown)

COZYBUNCH: Report identity situation if any via online, certified post address and follow up with phone calls.

Results: investigation in progress

Pitfalls: Duration, unknown

No passport application yet till investigation is over

Arrest made, case closed, passport reissued. (Good, 1 step duraction unknown)

They can make their decision based on this two hypothesis.

Good Luck.

The two sections in bold are incorrect.

1. Passport application submitted in Nigeria is sent directly to the UK for processing and not by The consulate office in Nigeria.

2. She will not be reissued any passport because there is no passport application in progress before the investigation, she has to apply and wait for the outcome making the whole process 2x longer.
Re: Passport Impersonation by cozybunch: 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2015
justwise:

The two sections in bold are incorrect.

1. Passport application submitted in Nigeria is sent directly to the UK for processing and not by The consulate office in Nigeria.

2. She will not be reissued any passport because there is no passport application in progress before the investigation, she has to apply and wait for the outcome making the whole process 2x longer.

First time of me hearing passport application is processed from country of origin, what is the embassy for them?

Her application will only go to the home office if identity theft is dictated. Unless u.k operates differently from most consulate office. Even Nigerian consulate office in foreign countries treat passport application within the office.

I don't know if by opening up the more will make you understand the two way steps stated earlier are correct.

Will not go back and forth with you on this again. I solidly know what am writing and they can do what they want.

Good Luck

1 Like

Re: Passport Impersonation by justwise(m): 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2015
cozybunch:

First time of me hearing passport application is processed from country of origin, what is the embassy for them?

Her application will only go to the home office if identity theft is dictated. Unless u.k operates differently from most consulate office. Even Nigerian consulate office in foreign countries treat passport application within the office.

I don't know if by opening up the more will make you understand the two way steps stated earlier are correct.

Will not go back and forth with you on this again. I solidly know what am writing and they can do what they want.

Good Luck

Again not true, the UK process passport applications and some visa applications in Sheffield.

Not all Nigerian missions abroad process passport application in the embassy, it has to be done in Abuja, Hong Kong being one of them.
Re: Passport Impersonation by cozybunch: 6:55pm On Dec 27, 2015
justwise:

Again not true, the UK process passport applications and some visa applications in Sheffield.

Not all Nigerian missions abroad process passport application in the embassy, it has to be done in Abuja, Hong Kong being one of them.

No need go back and forth. That there are cameo activities with consulate offices in foreign lands does not make passport application process done from country of origin. Yes there may be processes done here an there from more active mission.

However, processing a passport application, applications made in nigeria in u.k is so on head off, is abysmal to hear off. Unless there are technical issues or a background check of some sort.

Good Luck.
Re: Passport Impersonation by justwise(m): 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
cozybunch:

No need go back and forth. That there are cameo activities with consulate offices in foreign lands does not make passport application process done from country of origin. Yes there may be processes done here an there from more active mission.

However, processing a passport application, applications made in nigeria in u.k is so on head off, is abysmal to hear off. Unless there are technical issues or a background check of some sort.

Good Luck.

I don't know why you found this shocking to believe, spouse visa applicants are told to send their documents to the UK while the embassy in Nigeria collect application form, biometric details and TB results.

If you can't think or see reason why they do that let me give you one... it saves them a lot of money, rather than buying passport machines for all their foreign missions around the world and employing staff to work there they buy a few and employ staff in the UK to process those applications and send back to foreign missions.
Re: Passport Impersonation by ebeekay(m): 9:11pm On Dec 28, 2015
I got this email from home office today
Re: Passport Impersonation by ebeekay(m): 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2015
I got diz email from home office
Re: Passport Impersonation by ebeekay(m): 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2015
Email

Re: Passport Impersonation by tpiar: 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2015
this is not a scam is it?
Re: Passport Impersonation by worry359(m): 9:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
tpiar:
just curious, is it possible the office will type such english?

What do you think is wrong with it?
Just a standard reply.
Re: Passport Impersonation by ebeekay(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2015
worry359:

What do you think is wrong with it? Just a standard reply.
No help atall...... Hw will i kal uk police frm Nigeria?
Re: Passport Impersonation by tpiar: 10:57pm On Dec 28, 2015
worry359:

What do you think is wrong with it?
Just a standard reply.

they do not even ask him to check their website or give further info.
Re: Passport Impersonation by cozybunch: 2:17am On Dec 29, 2015
Go to police.uk there are list of numbers, for callers outside the u.k. Follow the proms in that website, you can see how to report fraud crime. Follow it duly.

As mentioned by justwise, you can use one stone kill two beds. As you are dealing with the u.k police, you can still be applying for her passport. Remember they will not issue her any passport up on till the case is over and dealt with.

Good Luck
Re: Passport Impersonation by ebeekay(m): 3:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
cozybunch:
Go to police.uk there are list of numbers, for callers outside the u.k. Follow the proms in that website, you can see how to report fraud crime. Follow it duly.

As mentioned by justwise, you can use one stone kill two beds. As you are dealing with the u.k police, you can still be applying for her passport. Remember they will not issue her any passport up on till the case is over and dealt with.

Good Luck
I got an email today from their intelligence team,someone in home office forwarded the email to the team and a guy working in the British Embassy messaasgged me telling me to send details of my mom,name age, impersonator, birth certificate and address of impersonator if I know it so the case can be taken up he even sent me a phone number.so am guessing there is progress
Re: Passport Impersonation by maxxy: 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
From my experience, it's unnecessary reporting the matter to the police and all that. What is your proof of impersonation? Have you seen the passport of the alleged impersonator? Bearing the same name is not sufficient proof as two people bearing same names is fairly common.

Follow Justwise's counsel. Your mum should start the process for the issuance of her passport. Any impersonation will be triggered a long the line and dealt with.

Note also that your mum may also be fingered as a conspirator if she indicates she is aware of any impersonation. It may be viewed that she condoned it all these years.
Re: Passport Impersonation by ebeekay(m): 3:39pm On Dec 29, 2015
cozybunch:

Good Luck
I got an email today from their intelligence team,someone in home office forwarded the email to the team and a guy working in the British Embassy messaged me telling me to send details of my mom's name age, birth certificate and address of impersonator if I know it so the case can be taken up he even sent me a phone number .so am guessing there is progress on the way
Re: Passport Impersonation by cozybunch: 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
ebeekay:

I got an email today from their intelligence team,someone in home office forwarded the email to the team and a guy working in the British Embassy messaged me telling me to send details of my mom's name age, birth certificate and address of impersonator if I know it so the case can be taken up he even sent me a phone number .so am guessing there is progress on the way

Wounderfull, good progress. U need to follow up with a phone call to the number given. Issues like this normally has standard process but could twick a little country to country.

In u.s, you report to DHS attention to ICE and police fraud department and copy to consulate office in nigeria. An auto reference is generated for you and you use that for any future contacts.

Now the game is on, on your mothers case. Please update every one on the progress

Good Luck
Re: Passport Impersonation by onatisi(m): 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2015
ebeekay:

the authorities in Nigeria or uk? because my dad's younger sister in the uk is trying to give her an invite so she can come and claim it is it advisable
the best thing is for her to get to uk first before making any report. Once she makes the report in Nigeria she may never get the visa again. There is a similar case of twins now ,one has a criminal record while the second doesn't ,the papers of the innocent was used to the convict twin and the innocent twin wishes to travel now.but she cant .the embassy has said nothing again so far
Re: Passport Impersonation by cozybunch: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2015
onatisi:
the best thing is for her to get to uk first before making any report. Once she makes the report in Nigeria she may never get the visa again. There is a similar case of twins now ,one has a criminal record while the second doesn't ,the papers of the innocent was used to the convict twin and the innocent twin wishes to travel now.but she cant .the embassy has said nothing again so far

Please follow the thread very well.

Good Luck
Re: Passport Impersonation by onatisi(m): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2015
cozybunch:

Please follow the thread very well.

Good Luck
ok sorry
Re: Passport Impersonation by ebeekay(m): 11:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hello evryone long time no post thought i should update u people on d latest info concerning the case. After like one month RAlON replied me with this.....

> The information you have provided has been received by the
> relevant authority in the High Commission and necessary
> steps have been taken to prevent any future abuse of your
> mother's identity. Should her details appear in relation to
> any application this will be duly noted and appropriate
> actions taken. You are not required to do anything further.

Dunno if i should call it progress or not cos of the (you are not required to do anything further).

Thanks yall
Re: Passport Impersonation by Marriott1980(m): 9:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
In as much as i dont know what steps you have taken concerning this issue but i have just read through the thread and i believe justwise gave you an advice but i dont see it anywhere that you followed the advice which is for your mum to apply for a passport.

With that being said, based on the response you just posted, i think you guys should go ahead and apply for a passport for your mum and see what the outcome of that is gonna be.

2 Likes

Re: Passport Impersonation by emekaxy: 12:10am On Feb 10, 2016
ebeekay:
Good day nairalanders, I need. to make an inquiry about something urgent. My mom was born in the uk in the 1966s and her broda two years after, both were brought back to Nigeria after a while when she was like 4 yrs old..the brother returned in 1989 and claimed his citizenship after taking all their joint documents together. when my mom started pressure in him that she needs the documents for her own processing he kept saying he has misplaced all the documents. We the children have now been making resarch on how to get her back to the uk to claim her citizenship only to find out like one month ago that she is being impersonated in the uk by someone.She has all the prove she is the real citizen birth certificate,pictures of her growing up in the uk, pictures of her parents and her parents documents.please should she go with a Nigerian passport and make a legal suit there or she should try claiming the citizenship from here.
please your help is highly needed.Thanks

*Guy 1966-2016=50yrs

*Guy you don grow up, I'm sure you are thru with university

*Guy wetin you mama wan go UK go do again after 46yrs

*Guy hussle taken care of ur mum and burst that UK idea

*Guy nothing dey for UK, except you want her to go and be doing nanny and sending your money at your age

*Guy save you mum the stress, if you want to go to UK apply for school, life here na die

*Guy if you are hoping you mum will travel to UK and u become a citizen then your hope will be like that of 100 million Nigerians waiting for change.

Thank you as you enter the street to hussle and support you mum.
Re: Passport Impersonation by ebeekay(m): 12:59am On Feb 10, 2016
emekaxy:

*Guy 1966-2016=50yrs

*Guy you don grow up, I'm sure you are thru with university

*Guy wetin you mama wan go UK go do again after 46yrs

*Guy hussle taken care of ur mum and burst that UK idea

*Guy nothing dey for UK, except you want her to go and be doing nanny and sending your money at your age

*Guy save you mum the stress, if you want to go to UK apply for school, life here na die

*Guy if you are hoping you mum will travel to UK and u become a citizen then your hope will be like that of 100 million Nigerians waiting for change.

Thank you as you enter the street to hussle and support you mum.
Yeah i grab..... Bt shay u know say i become an automatic citizen of the uk frm momcy... Its nt about momcy its about me and my sibblings now., by the end of this yr i will b done wif uni all my siblings are done and by God's grace already employed and are doing well for themselves... To further education in any country in europe as a foreign student i guess u know d cost.. For instance uk (13k citizens) to 30somting (international student)... Multiply by 400 naija conversion rate and do the maths.... Any body dat burst dat kind of opportunity is daft when no b citizenship of congo or benin repulblic... Bsides if momcy go shay u think say na for hustle .. Na jst to go collect paper may i children take file for citizenship... If u a true hustler u know no huslter burst an opportunity.. Every way na way.

4 Likes

Re: Passport Impersonation by ebeekay(m): 10:37pm On Nov 22, 2018
Hi guys

Its been long this thread was visited

I just felt I should inform you that the passport arrived yesterday after about one and half years of processing

So officially I can claim British too�☺☺

4 Likes

Re: Passport Impersonation by BarristerAlarig: 11:49pm On Nov 22, 2018
ebeekay:
Hi guys

I just felt I should inform you that the passport arrived yesterday after about one and half years of processing

Congratulations...
Re: Passport Impersonation by klexycole(m): 12:39am On Nov 23, 2018
ebeekay:
Hi guys

You followed it to the end, I am happy for you.

Congratulations bro. cheesy
Re: Passport Impersonation by Funnyman: 5:58am On Nov 23, 2018
Congratulations bro, you guys did it.
Re: Passport Impersonation by claremont(m): 9:45am On Nov 23, 2018
ebeekay:
Hi guys

Excellent result. Go ahead and apply for your own british passport asap.

1 Like

Re: Passport Impersonation by ebeekay(m): 12:59am On Feb 08, 2022
Nairalanders felt i should give another update on the old thread��

All my moms chidren passport arrived about 3 years ago and most of us have relocated to the Uk doing well and working in good tech jobs.

Infact we don dey get third generation Uk citizens sef. hahahahaha

Thank God say we hustle am out naija don hard. And you guys should do however you can to get a second passport it makes lot of things easier.

Bless

5 Likes

Re: Passport Impersonation by justwise(m): 11:26am On Feb 08, 2022
ebeekay:
Nairalanders felt i should give another update on the old thread��

All my moms chidren passport arrived about 3 years ago and most of us have relocated to the Uk doing well and working in good tech jobs.

Infact we don dey get third generation Uk citizens sef. hahahahaha

Thank God say we hustle am out naija don hard. And you guys should do however you can to get a second passport it makes lot of things easier.

Bless

Congratulations! Glad it ended well
Re: Passport Impersonation by Mikespecialone(m): 10:31am On Feb 11, 2022
So happy to hear this ,God gat your backs ... please @ebeekay , did they issued the passport to her free or your paid bills and how much did you spend all thru , I have a similar case too

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Would Like To Visit Cotonou. How Can I Get There? / Study In Finland/sweden/norway / Flight With Nigerian Airways

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.